Gamestop Game Days Sale - Extra 10% off, online only

• Please log in to reply
1658 replies to this topic

#1591 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

I'm so sick of that open box thing. Don't they know everyone else gives a steep discount for doing that? Even then, I always go new.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#1592 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

I was willing to live with gutted. I know that's the price i pay for shopping at GS.

I asked for Bioshock new. The clerk got the disc out of the case, ran to the back, grabbed the pre-owned box I was just looking at, ripped off the pre-owned stickers, and rang me up as new.

I looked at the case and it looks like it went through a garbage disposal.

will be returning this on May 24th.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1593 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

Wow.

Does anyone know if you ever get used if you buy new through the web site? So far everything I've gotten has been new, which means what I do is trade my stuff in in store, and then buy new off the website, which is free anyway and saves me gas. I don't tell the people in the store that though...they probably wonder why I never buy anything...
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#1594 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:24 PM

I was willing to live with gutted. I know that's the price i pay for shopping at GS.

I asked for Bioshock new. The clerk got the disc out of the case, ran to the back, grabbed the pre-owned box I was just looking at, ripped off the pre-owned stickers, and rang me up as new.

Erm, wait . . . so the guy sold you a pre-owned copy as "new" and you knew that he was doing it? And you didn't even examine it before agreeing?

Buying a gutted copy as new is one thing, I get that, but I don't get why you would have agreed to buy an actual pre-owned copy as new.

#1595 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

I think they're pretty much the same thing (well, sometimes, almost) but maybe he's like me and hates confronting them about it.
[LIST]

Posted Image

#1596 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

Erm, wait . . . so the guy sold you a pre-owned copy as "new" and you knew that he was doing it? And you didn't even examine it before agreeing?

Buying a gutted copy as new is one thing, I get that, but I don't get why you would have agreed to buy an actual pre-owned copy as new.

i made up my mind to pick up bioshock today and i figured "hmm new game in old case.." $10.99... whatever. It's $11.

But then i walked out of the mall and got pissed.

edit: i'm calling customer service. this is bullshit.

Edited by confoosious, 26 April 2010 - 08:45 PM.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1597 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

Wow.

Does anyone know if you ever get used if you buy new through the web site? So far everything I've gotten has been new, which means what I do is trade my stuff in in store, and then buy new off the website, which is free anyway and saves me gas. I don't tell the people in the store that though...they probably wonder why I never buy anything...

I've gotten a few games through the website that were obviously gutted/rewrapped because the plastic wrap clearly wasn't the original, but I'm pretty sure that they were "new" beyond that. My first copy of Darksiders had some minor scratches and fingerprints on it (probably from gutting), but I called them up and complained and they shipped me another (also rewrapped, but pristine) copy right away.

My theory, that I've stated a few times in the past, is that the gutted/rewrapped copies coming from the website are former store overstock that was returned to the warehouse because it didn't sell in the store. It's always seemed to happen with titles that were at least a couple of months old -- all of my pre-orders have been factory sealed.

The way that I look at it is that I only buy from GameStop when the deal is so good that I'm willing to accept a gutted copy as a trade-off. If I can do as well or even close to as well somewhere else, I go there first.

#1598 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

I dropped by a Gamestop today because it showed a Mass Effect 2 CE in stock. When he showed it to me it was gutted because it was their last (and of course only) copy. When I told him I wasn't going to buy it he said, "What, you're not going to buy it because of a little piece of tape? You are going to play it, right?" (I assume implying that I'm one of those nutball flippers?) It's a totally bizarre and paranoid rule, but it's even more bizarre to not make an exception for rare / out of print collector's items. Especially ones that have impossible to obtain anywhere else DLC codes in the box that they're opening (and that you can't test until you get home).

I cant believe they would gut a CE, I mean shit it says it right there "COLLECTORS EDITION", and I know there are collectors out there that keep their games sealed.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#1599 The Long Haired Bard

The Long Haired Bard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

Why did you buy it then? You could have told him that you wanted a new copy or else said you'll just take it used. If you saw him ring it up as new you should have said something.

#1600 autopiloton

autopiloton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

I cant believe they would gut a CE, I mean shit it says it right there "COLLECTORS EDITION", and I know there are collectors out there that keep their games sealed.

I can believe it.

On Demon's Souls release date, I realized I had to have it (late, I know). So I went to find the game starting first thing in the morning. First store I went to had the collector's edition, gutted with really wide white tape (almost like thin duct tape) all over it holding the stuff in the box. Why the Fuck would you even open the thing only to tape it all back together? On release day no less? Some piece of shit employee wanted to rifle through all the extras, obviously.

I went to eight Gamestops that day until I found a store that had an unopened copy of the regular version. I wanted the collector's edition, but not bad enough to have a copy that looked like it just came out of a medical ward ran by a three year old.
:ps3: :wii: :360: :psp: :ds: :xbox: :ps2: :gc: :pc:

#1601 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

Why did you buy it then? You could have told him that you wanted a new copy or else said you'll just take it used. If you saw him ring it up as new you should have said something.

new is cheaper than used for this game right now. And it's the only copy in the area.

I didn't realize how fucked up the case was until after i left.

Ees7Y.jpg

#1602 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

@confoosious: Why don't you try price-matching it at a Best Buy or a Wal Mart when it goes live on the GameStop website?

Edited by BlueSwim, 26 April 2010 - 09:11 PM.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#1603 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

EDIT: Oh, just noticed something. For those who aren't using Gamestop credit and missed out on a title that got bumped back up in price, it seems like Barnes and Noble's website hasn't bumped them back up yet. For everything else, of course, they're cheaper on Gamestop's website now.

Only problem is that you can't use any of the usual coupon codes since they only apply at GS/EB.com, thus kinda killing some of the deals due to shipping costs (there isn't even any free shipping on orders above $25). You're better off just buying the used copies on GS' site.

#1604 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

Return that shit. And yes. Do it on principle.

I called around looking for a non-GH version of Killzone 2, I found 1 store that had it. I asked if it was gutted, they said it was their last copy so yes.

I did not buy Killzone 2.

Why not? Blu-rays nearly scratch proof or is it just the principle of the thing?

#1605 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

Why not? Blu-rays nearly scratch proof or is it just the principle of the thing?

Principle.

If the seal has been broken and that disc has been handled by anyone else BEFORE I buy it, that shit isn't new anymore.

It'd be like if someone on this site tried to sell another user a "new" game but when the buyer received the game, it was opened. Wouldn't you be pissed if you were the buyer?

#1606 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

Has anyone price matched the new prices at BB?
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#1607 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

Principle.

If the seal has been broken and that disc has been handled by anyone else BEFORE I buy it, that shit isn't new anymore.

It'd be like if someone on this site tried to sell another user a "new" game but when the buyer received the game, it was opened. Wouldn't you be pissed if you were the buyer?

I would be, but I also knew beforehand that the Game Days titles would be gutted beforehand. I don't mind it since I'm already getting a discount on the titles I'm buying and it would take some leg work to find a sealed copy. However, if I am buying a new game outside of Game Days and if it's not sealed or it's in poor condition I would return it.

On that same line of thought, I would return a Game Days title if the case was messed up. I hate getting games that have the box art, but no manual so the case not being as pristine as possible would bother me.

#1608 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:20 AM

I was hoping World At War would drop again... damn!

#1609 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:07 AM

Has anyone price matched the new prices at BB?

I might try. But I guess that would negate any additional 25% off discount I would be getting on Way Of The Samurai 3 on PS3, since it's on the clearance cart at BB by me.

But they reduced the extra percentage off to 25% now, down from 50%.:bomb:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1610 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:00 AM

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet and I know some people were looking for it before the sale started, but Saw has dropped to :ps3:$17.99/:360:$19.99 new (both versions cheaper than buying used). It's only available in-store.

#1611 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:01 AM

Dont worry guys, your not special. They card everyone if they are smart. Might as well be safe. I am 30 and get carded buying games all the time.

Ever get carded to buy a goldfish?

I have.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#1612 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

On that same line of thought, I would return a Game Days title if the case was messed up. I hate getting games that have the box art, but no manual so the case not being as pristine as possible would bother me.

I was in a GS on the other side of town over the weekend to buy a "new" copy of Steambot Chronicles for the PS2, and the store had the "new" disc, but with no case, no manual, no cover insert.

I had made the trip to the other side of town after confirming they had it "new" and in stock--who would have thought to ask if the new copy had the "new" items that were supposed to come with it?

So pissed. I was actually surprised for about 2 hours. I now know better.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#1613 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

I was in a GS on the other side of town over the weekend to buy a "new" copy of Steambot Chronicles for the PS2, and the store had the "new" disc, but with no case, no manual, no cover insert.

Same exact thing happened to me last week! Same game and everything.

#1614 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

I had made the trip to the other side of town after confirming they had it "new" and in stock--who would have thought to ask if the new copy had the "new" items that were supposed to come with it?

You were surprised by a Gamestop store having a newsed copy of a game that's incomplete but still wanting full price for it?:lol: How long have you been here?;) It should surprise no one by now that Gamestop's idea of new and a CAG's idea of new may differ drastically.:razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1615 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

That's pretty fucking ridiculous. I've heard of gutted copies as new, but copies with no case, manual or cover?

Seriously. I implore people to NEVER go back to offending Gamestops.

The 2 Gamestops near me have never done anything to piss me off personally, so I still go to them occasionally (last resort typically after BB, Target, TRU) Though I may have to rely on them more because all the Gamecrazys closed around me :(

#1616 jterp7

jterp7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

the gamestops in moco are..okay. There's a few employees that are actually good guys (and girls), but so far I've been OOL with the penny guides, and the one I stopped by on the weekend knew about the stores that broke street date and weren't willing to do it.

#1617 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

Just a heads up. Looks like Fallout 3 is staying at the $19.99 price for both 360 and PS3 new, making it cheaper than the used prices.

#1618 lude21

lude21

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet and I know some people were looking for it before the sale started, but Saw has dropped to :ps3:$17.99/:360:$19.99 new (both versions cheaper than buying used). It's only available in-store.

ya i just noticed SAW dropped, might pick it up today.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1619 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:56 PM

Grabbed a new/sealed copy of the Fallout Trilogy and the last gutted but pristine condition Bioshock for the final days prices.

All in all, I'm satisfied.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#1620 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

That's pretty fucking ridiculous. I've heard of gutted copies as new, but copies with no case, manual or cover?

Seriously. I implore people to NEVER go back to offending Gamestops

Eh, to be fair, it's not necessarily totally their fault. The discs get put behind the counter, but the cases are still out on the floor, and sometimes people steal them. What someone is going to do with a case with no game in it, I have no idea, but it happens. (Maybe they're not paying enough attention to know that the cases are empty?)

I ran across that once recently -- I went looking for a game (Castle of Shikigami III) that was listed online as being in stock. I couldn't find it, so I asked one of the guys working there. He was able to find the disc back behind the counter, but we both searched all over the store for the case to no avail.

He told me that he could give me 10% off on the disc-only game if I still wanted it, but he didn't have the authority to be able to give me any better offer than that. It didn't really matter anyway, as I wasn't interested in buying the game without the case regardless. I found another nearby store that had it and got it there instead.

Anyway, eh, it happens. As far as I'm concerned, they're welcome to ask whatever price they want. If they can't or don't want to give me a discount, there's nothing requiring them to do so. At the same time, I don't have to buy it if I don't think it's reasonable. There's no reason to get overly bent out of shape about it.

Edited by arcane93, 27 April 2010 - 09:48 PM.