CAGcast #193: Horse & Bucket

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:00 AM

Lots to talk about this week, including Just Cause 2, Nintendo 3DS, Splinter Cell Conviction, Metro 2033, Game Room, and God of War III. We also cover the latest industry and shopping news, answer your CAGbag and Twitter questions and oh so much more!

Download - 106 minutes, 51MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus pictures:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Note: I was wrong about the kind of "horse" at this place, as you can see here.

Posted Image

Edited by CheapyD, 25 March 2010 - 07:30 AM.

#2 Joshe

Joshe

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:19 AM

downloading now, ill listen to it in the morning
Posted Image

#3 rxeight

rxeight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:21 AM

I looked at the pictures before listening to the podcast:hot:. I am shocked where the hell did CheapyD go?

#4 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

Listening right now.

I want to hear what you guys have to say about Metro 2033. I rented it a few hours ago, and the game's ok, but the shooting's pretty awful.

#5 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:28 AM

What the hamburger is this podcast about?!? O_O Those pic's make me think someone on the cast is a serial killer or Cheapy went back to a love hotel. I guess it's to find out! Perfect timing btw, I was just about to shut down and head out.
Spoiler

#6 aihuman

aihuman

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:32 AM

Well,we now know Cheapy has a bondage fetish.Downloading now.

Edited by aihuman, 25 March 2010 - 06:47 AM.

Posted Image

#7 RCD

RCD

Team Drift Fusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:32 AM

OTW to Download
Keep up the good work wombat, shipwreck, and cheapyd
America = Made In China™ « ®©Ð »

#8 PacManster17

PacManster17

Nonstop gaming marathons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:36 AM

It's late but I'll listen until I fall asleep...

#9 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:08 AM

I can tell this CAGcast will be an interesting one.

#10 Jinchuriki

Jinchuriki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:19 AM

The Best Buy stores near me (SoCal) are loaded w/ ps3... What shortage?
The only shortage is PS3 btooth headsets so that i can price match the latest K-Mart deal. Luckily i found the last blue tooth headset in the city of industry.

#11 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:06 AM

Listening right now.

I want to hear what you guys have to say about Metro 2033. I rented it a few hours ago, and the game's ok, but the shooting's pretty awful.

Didn't Ship discuss Metro 2033 in last week's cast? I'm pretty sure he did, since he was going on about the nape of the neck.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#12 drew327

drew327

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:21 AM

While someone is editing out Cheapy saying "I lasted like 3 seconds because I couldn't steer the ship"... a minute later while talking about Scrambler, he says "If you stretch it out, you'll just destroy the aspect ratio". Cut off the '-pect ratio'

#13 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:30 AM

Didn't Ship discuss Metro 2033 in last week's cast? I'm pretty sure he did, since he was going on about the nape of the neck.

He kinda did, but this time, he and Cheapy covered some other game play aspects. I already knew the shooting mechanics were terrible from what he said last time, but I was interested in what he had to to say about the game after spending more time with it.

BTW, great show, guys. Wombat should hum every time Cheapy does the godaddy.com plugs. That shit was hilarious.

#14 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

The problem I have with 3D is the glasses; I guess because I already wear glasses. I don't know about you guys but I hate 3D movies for the fact that every time I've seen a 3D film (very rarely mind you) my eyes are literally left shaking afterwards. If Nintendo can come out with a device that can do 3D without the glasses and the headaches, sign me up.

I've found that the jumping problems in GOWIII really stem from the fact that people aren't jumping from the edge of a platform, but rather a little bit in from a platform where only 1 jump registers then you fall to your death. If you try to double jump from the edge of a platform, you shouldn't have any problems.

Edited by KingBroly, 25 March 2010 - 10:23 AM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#15 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:21 AM

Wow, looks like Cheapy went to another Sex Hotel, will listen to this weekend on my long commute.
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#16 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, the Mass Effect 2 DLC like firepack is somewhat tame. The hammerhead DLC took an hour and got boring playing each of the 5 missions in a row because I don't have anything else to do in the Mass Effect world.

I don't understand why Bioware doesn't let Shepherd explore new worlds and places that are just mentioned in the main storyline. For example, some DLC that's let's you visit
Spoiler
, or the Hanar's water homeworld, seeing those jelly fish motherfuckers swimming around, and resolving issues Thane could have on his homeworld, like perhaps the assassin brotherhood, or hell if you want to make it a bit easier, put back the old citadel levels and let Shepherd explore that and see what happened since he's been away for two years. You could even do the same with Noveria, Eden Prime, and Ilos. I know it's not as easy as shoving the old maps in there, but this way you'd at least already have concept art as to what the places look like, who'd the player would run into, models already built from the original level, etc. One of the best parts of Mass effect is exploring the vast galaxy, and I want to continue doing that. Sorry for the rant, but I don't need another partner to help with a mission everyone who has had the game for months now has finished. Again, I know how hard it is to make a game, but if anyone can do it, it's bioware.

I know, I know this really long and nobody will read it, but I had to give my 2 cents and will now go to bed.

P.S. Fantasic four was a god awful movie.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#17 jamesfrc

jamesfrc

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:33 AM

Just woke up and there's a cagcast ready for me :-)... Awesome

#18 rick1000

rick1000

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

What ever happened to that cag foreplay shipwreck and mis ship were supposed to do for child's play

#19 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

The Best Buy stores near me (SoCal) are loaded w/ ps3... What shortage?
The only shortage is PS3 btooth headsets so that i can price match the latest K-Mart deal. Luckily i found the last blue tooth headset in the city of industry.

I have no doubt that certain stores have PlayStation 3's in stock, but there is definitely an overall shortage. They are out of stock just about everywhere online and selling for a $70 premium on Amazon.

What ever happened to that cag foreplay shipwreck and mis ship were supposed to do for child's play

It's still on the docket. I've been extremely busy the last few weeks with work, basketball, CAGcast, trying to get some reviews done, and just everyday life.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#20 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:37 AM

I'm just starting to listen to it, but Shipwreck, I LOVE SKITTLES. All flavors. THey're amazing.

#21 Tha Doc

Tha Doc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

Just woke up and there's a cagcast ready for me :-)... Awesome

Yep. CAGcast goes great with coffee. :D

#22 Zelos

Zelos

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

Say I hear the next xbox Arcade update is going to add a totally new virtual object for their next Arcade title. Yes with Tennis for Two, you get a Vintage Oscilloscope to setup in your virtual arcade in lieu of an arcade cabinet.

Tennis For Two For Great Justice !!!!!

#23 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

I was in the same boat as Shipwreck. I downloaded Game Room and really wanted to give MS $3. I tried demo after demo and just did not want to play any of the games for more than a minute or two. You'd think they'd want to launch Game Room with some bigger games. I thought there would be some Activision games like Pitfall, Chopper Command or River Raid. I would have for sure bought at least one of those.

Also, press select during the game and a menu comes up. In there you can learn how to play the game and what the controls are. Just referring to Shipwreck commenting that he didn't know how to play the games.

#24 testudo

testudo

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

SHIPWRECK? SHIPROCKS! Keep up the great comedy!

PS. There are Jews in Ohio, tons of them... in fact this LI goy married one.

Edited by testudo, 25 March 2010 - 03:13 PM.

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#25 odin08

odin08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

Thanks guys for talking about the 360 and how its cheap in a lot of aspects. Had a bad experience about 2 years ago when it ate my COD4 and was turned off by it since then, but I think I maybe coming around again. Let's see what E3 has in store.
Posted Image

Shameless Referral Links:
Green Man Gaming
GamersGate

#26 retrovertigo

retrovertigo

It's inexplicable!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

Wow, looks like Buffalo Bill has opened his own hotel. Plenty of lotion, baskets, and skin.

#27 HarassmentPanda

HarassmentPanda

rockin' the dills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

I've been listening to the CAGcast since the beginning and I just want to say that the show is finally living up to its name: Wombat is cheap, CheapyD is an ass, and Shipwreck is a gamer. Way to finally round out the cast! Keep up the good work.

#28 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

Not sure on the Wii as a gateway drug.

I think those (who don't know much about games) that attempt to switch will find the 360 a time sink in comparison and ultimately be turned off. Long loading times and dual-analog controls won't help either.

Commercials may suck them in and make them feel like they are missing something, but I don't think it will stick.

I'm part of that crowd though so we'll see. I just got an Elite after having a Wii-only since release, but I've been a gamer.

#29 colt4by5

colt4by5

Works every time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:55 PM

Crashboat (see what I did there), I'm not sure how much longer you're going to be a girls basketball coach if you guys keep up with the sexual innuendos about young girls... especially living in Cincinnati of all places!

#30 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:56 PM

Fantastic podcast once again!