CAGcast #193: Horse & Bucket

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#31 SithFran

SithFran

Baweep granaweep ninibong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

Keep singing during the commercial break Wombat, I almost choked on my milk this morning when I heard that.

Uh... trick question... dcfox waxes and JFD hasn't sprouted nub fuzz yet.

#32 basston3s

basston3s

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:04 PM

Crashboat (see what I did there), I'm not sure how much longer you're going to be a girls basketball coach if you guys keep up with the sexual innuendos about young girls... especially living in Cincinnati of all places!

I honestly don't feel like they EVER get too sexual about the subject. Ship is always professional when talking about his team. Even Wombat and Cheapy know where the line is drawn.

#33 colt4by5

colt4by5

Works every time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

I honestly don't feel like they EVER get too sexual about the subject. Ship is always professional when talking about his team. Even Wombat and Cheapy know where the line is drawn.

I think calling the team his "harem" may make a few parents a bit uncomfortable ;).

#34 200STM

200STM

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

Nice CAGcast Shipwreck,Wombat Cheapyd. I personaly think light gun games are fun and can still be profitable,my personal favorites are AREA 51(Ps1/Arcade), Carnevil(Arcade) and Time Crisis(Ps2/Arcade)

#35 NicaVic

NicaVic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

Good Show guys and Shipwreck I'm an Sman also.
Posted Image

#36 Enuts09

Enuts09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

Berry Blast is the best Boatcrash. Back Off!
"I never knew I can hate til' I met you" - The Prize Fight: "The Trainwreck"

"There's 40 parachutes on this plane, and you're number 41" - The Morning Of: "Pilot to Base"

"I hate broccoli, I never eat it, I don't spend time on broccoli forums talking about how I hate it. move on." - Markavellie, Hellgate: London Forums.

#37 djplasmid

djplasmid

Stand On Your Own

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

Great show. I think you guys are being a little too hard on Splinter Cell Conviction. I think that the "mark and execute" feature is an awesome idea. Think about it, you are playing as a character that is supposed to be awesome at what he does and I think the mechanic does that fact justice. I'm sure the demo was made that way to give you a taste of what is in store for us in the full game. I would hate it if I downloaded a game demo and it was too hard to play.

#38 Khondor

Khondor

I'll be Gentle..!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

Good looking out Wombat.
Keep Cheapy on his toes.

Edited by Khondor, 25 March 2010 - 07:43 PM.

-Member: Wombat appreciation society

I'm a grim bloody fable, with an unhappy bloody end....!

#39 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

I'll put the coming "Tranny Scandal" for GameCrush at 8 months after launch. Your bets?

#40 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

Nice show and I liked the discussion about Metro 2033. I can't help that if Cheapy liked that, he'd love to play Half-Life 2 and the Episodes on the PC or on his 360 with a surround sound headset. They have great atmospheres. I'm pretty sure he did though

STALKER is another atmospheric shooter on the PC i've heard much about.

As for the 360 talk, and Shipwreck trying to say that because 4 co-workers got 360s, it means that everyone with a Wii is now moving over to that, i don't really buy it. More games does not equal better. It's about the quality of the games and the exclusives, and I'm sorry to tell you, but I'm not going to buy a 200 dollar console plus buy all the extras I need to get a few 3 dollar games.

And maybe it's just me personally but most of the 360 exclusives have zero appeal to me. Splinter Cell seemed interesting but now i'm just turned off by it
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#41 AgentSushi

AgentSushi

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

Great show, but what happened to the planned spoiler filled discussion on Bioshock 2?
Posted Image

#42 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

I just finished listening to last weeks podcast and I had to comment on it before I start this weeks.

What does Wil Wheaton do?

He is still acting guys and in addition he is an author, gamer and father.

Watch for his second appearance on Big Bang Theory soon playing Evil Wil Wheaton. He has also recently appeared on the Guild and done lots of voice work for TV and games.

http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/

There is a reason he is giving the keynote and you are scheduled at a shitty time slot during the keynote. Everyone realizes this except for you.

Still love cag, but your lack of Wil Wheaton knowledge does sadden me.

Remember kids:
Wil Wheaton says, "Don't be a dick!"

#43 ufskenney

ufskenney

I got nuthin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

Cheapy - regarding the different flavors of Skittles...don't know what it is called in other industries, but in the food industry it is referred to a "line extension".
Whale Oil Beef Hooked - What you say to an Irishman when he buys you a beer.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

I can't imagine Nintendo announcing a 3d DS and showing it off at E3 in a few months because it's lame.

The 3d tech has to impressive to some degree to get the greenlight from Miyamoto, Iwata and company.

The small screen is why the 3d tech with no glasses is doable. Similar to why you see OLED screens on smartphones, but you're not seeing those screens on 50" lcds.

I do wonder what the tech adds to the equation. HOw does it affect gameplay? OR is just a nice effect.

Also the degree to which the DS is upgraded other than 3d will determine how good the 3d has to be. If it's just a DSi with 3d then the 3d better be superb. But if they upgrade everything else substantially and add other features then the 3d effect can be viewed as a nice bonus even if it isn't world beating.

Still calling it the 3DS for now, to me, means the 3d tech is the focus.

I do see a conflict though. The DS made a big push for other audiences and those audiences seem like they would be the least impressed by 3d. The women and old people audience for example. 3d seems to pushing it back towards the "gamer" audience.

The kids will love it.

#45 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

I'm pretty pumped that I won the $60 from Amazon.com this week. Thanks Cheapy!
Posted Image

#46 Jasonofindy

Jasonofindy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

I'm actually liking the Game Room so far. Is every game there worth $3? Hell no. However, I like that they are filling the arcade with mostly unknown titles although I could do without most of the 2600 retreads. You can pick up the huge titles such as Pac-man, etc. in dozens of collections already. My personal hope is that I find at least one hidden gem in each weekly update. If not, I'll wait for the next week. In the first batch of titles, I found three games that would be worth $3 to me and bought 2 of them. (actually closer to $2 each because of points card deals)

I'd pay for Centipede but already have the centipede/millipede XBLA game. Adventure was worth it just to see the enjoyment that my daughter is having with it and how it mirrors my own childhood fun. Finally, I absolutely love Lunar Lander. Obviously, not every title is for everyone and I can respect why you may not be interested. Hell, with some of the titles I'm not sure WHO would want them, but I'm sure there is someone out there. Maybe you'll enjoy the service more in a year or so when they start sliding to the later 80's/early 90's.

PS I'll take any Berry flavored Skittles Shipwreck purchases but doesn't want.

#47 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:34 PM

I saw the pictures first....another love hotel? I really hope that wipe all that stuff down before they rent the room again. (Not from you Cheapy but for you.)

#48 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

Whoa! Wombat got comic book info wrong. Captain America is the conservative one and Iron Man is the liberal? It's the other way around. This was pointed out most in the big "Civil War" event where Cap defended individual rights while Iron Man was on the side of big business/big government. In "Operation Galactic Storm" Cap believed heroes shouldn't kill while Tony argued otherwise. Now if you wanted to say Captain America was old fashioned while Tony was more modern in these Fox News times that's true to their characters since Cap was a WWII guy frozen in time until the modern era and Iron Man is a futurist.

#49 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

Anyone spot this "contest" that ship and cheapy were talking about? It was supposed to be posted around 11 eastern right?

#50 solidius

solidius

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

great job guys cheapy hope that duece came out ok lol

#51 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

I've been listening to the CAGcast since the beginning and I just want to say that the show is finally living up to its name: Wombat is cheap, CheapyD is an ass, and Shipwreck is a gamer. Way to finally round out the cast! Keep up the good work.

:lol: That's really funny.

#52 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

Whoa! Wombat got comic book info wrong. Captain America is the conservative one and Iron Man is the liberal? It's the other way around. This was pointed out most in the big "Civil War" event where Cap defended individual rights while Iron Man was on the side of big business/big government. In "Operation Galactic Storm" Cap believed heroes shouldn't kill while Tony argued otherwise. Now if you wanted to say Captain America was old fashioned while Tony was more modern in these Fox News times that's true to their characters since Cap was a WWII guy frozen in time until the modern era and Iron Man is a futurist.

I meant what I said, I always precieved Cap as a republican, and Stark as more of a hippy. That's what made civil war so shocking.

#53 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

I agree with this as well. At the very least, Cap is more of a libertarian, not the Republican that exists today.

Also, apparently SOME people are interested in Gamecrush: http://img717.images...41/49859447.jpg

#54 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Do you guys know you mention Shipwreck's girls basketball team each week. I know it is funny but give it a rest for a few months. I'm sure Shipwreck gives his girls a rest every now and then.

#55 Count Elmdor

Count Elmdor

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

Nice show, guys. You got me through some really boring paperwork today.

#56 farfromhome

farfromhome

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hey Cheapy, If your looking for a great iPhone/ipod touch game, check out "Swords and Poker". I think you'll like it, and there's a free lite version to try if you want.

#57 massermind19

massermind19

Currently on the hunt...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

I loved the segue that cheapy used about taking a shit in a bucket to that being the only bathroom source at the sex hotel. I also have been enjoying Just Cause 2. It's definitely gonna tide me over until Crackdown 2 comes out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 SINNED

SINNED

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

Where are the new CAgcast logos they were talking about? Didnt even know we could vote on em.

#59 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

Good show! Just finished listening to it a second time and I gotta admit, I wasn't planning on playing Metro 2033, but the big discussion at the end of the show really makes me want to play it! Thanks a lot, Cheapy and Ship!

I think I would've really liked it if Wombat had stayed up and thrown random comments in about it, though. :D

EDIT: Also, I really agree with Wombat on Cap and Iron Man's political standings. I've been a serious collector and reader all my life and I've always thought of them that way.

Edited by CaptainJoel, 27 March 2010 - 12:46 AM.

#60 Deadpool

Deadpool

I club baby seals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

That room is fucking awesome!
Posted ImagePosted Image