CAGcast #193: Horse & Bucket

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]Lots to talk about this week, including Just Cause 2, Nintendo 3DS, Splinter Cell Conviction, Metro 2033, Game Room, and God of War III. We also cover the latest industry and shopping news, answer your CAGbag and Twitter questions and oh so much more!

[podcast]102[/podcast]
Download - 106 minutes, 51MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus pictures:

Note: I was wrong about the kind of "horse" at this place, as you can see here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the pictures before listening to the podcast:hot:. I am shocked where the hell did CheapyD go?

Listening right now.

I want to hear what you guys have to say about Metro 2033. I rented it a few hours ago, and the game's ok, but the shooting's pretty awful.

What the hamburger is this podcast about?!? O_O Those pic's make me think someone on the cast is a serial killer or Cheapy went back to a love hotel. I guess it's to find out! Perfect timing btw, I was just about to shut down and head out.

Well,we now know Cheapy has a bondage fetish.Downloading now.

The Best Buy stores near me (SoCal) are loaded w/ ps3... What shortage?
The only shortage is PS3 btooth headsets so that i can price match the latest K-Mart deal. Luckily i found the last blue tooth headset in the city of industry.

[quote name='xlaxparkax']Listening right now.

I want to hear what you guys have to say about Metro 2033. I rented it a few hours ago, and the game's ok, but the shooting's pretty awful.[/QUOTE]
Didn't Ship discuss Metro 2033 in last week's cast? I'm pretty sure he did, since he was going on about the nape of the neck.

While someone is editing out Cheapy saying "I lasted like 3 seconds because I couldn't steer the ship"... a minute later while talking about Scrambler, he says "If you stretch it out, you'll just destroy the aspect ratio". Cut off the '-pect ratio'

[quote name='DarkZion']Didn't Ship discuss Metro 2033 in last week's cast? I'm pretty sure he did, since he was going on about the nape of the neck.[/QUOTE]
He kinda did, but this time, he and Cheapy covered some other game play aspects. I already knew the shooting mechanics were terrible from what he said last time, but I was interested in what he had to to say about the game after spending more time with it.

BTW, great show, guys. Wombat should hum every time Cheapy does the godaddy.com plugs. That shit was hilarious.

The problem I have with 3D is the glasses; I guess because I already wear glasses. I don't know about you guys but I hate 3D movies for the fact that every time I've seen a 3D film (very rarely mind you) my eyes are literally left shaking afterwards. If Nintendo can come out with a device that can do 3D without the glasses and the headaches, sign me up.

I've found that the jumping problems in GOWIII really stem from the fact that people aren't jumping from the edge of a platform, but rather a little bit in from a platform where only 1 jump registers then you fall to your death. If you try to double jump from the edge of a platform, you shouldn't have any problems.

Yeah, the Mass Effect 2 DLC like firepack is somewhat tame. The hammerhead DLC took an hour and got boring playing each of the 5 missions in a row because I don't have anything else to do in the Mass Effect world.

I don't understand why Bioware doesn't let Shepherd explore new worlds and places that are just mentioned in the main storyline. For example, some DLC that's let's you visit
Legion's Geth empire where you see the intelligent Geth and interact with them and their issues
, or the Hanar's water homeworld, seeing those jelly fish motherfuckers swimming around, and resolving issues Thane could have on his homeworld, like perhaps the assassin brotherhood, or hell if you want to make it a bit easier, put back the old citadel levels and let Shepherd explore that and see what happened since he's been away for two years. You could even do the same with Noveria, Eden Prime, and Ilos. I know it's not as easy as shoving the old maps in there, but this way you'd at least already have concept art as to what the places look like, who'd the player would run into, models already built from the original level, etc. One of the best parts of Mass effect is exploring the vast galaxy, and I want to continue doing that. Sorry for the rant, but I don't need another partner to help with a mission everyone who has had the game for months now has finished. Again, I know how hard it is to make a game, but if anyone can do it, it's bioware.

I know, I know this really long and nobody will read it, but I had to give my 2 cents and will now go to bed.

P.S. Fantasic four was a god awful movie.

[quote name='Jinchuriki']The Best Buy stores near me (SoCal) are loaded w/ ps3... What shortage?
The only shortage is PS3 btooth headsets so that i can price match the latest K-Mart deal. Luckily i found the last blue tooth headset in the city of industry.[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt that certain stores have PlayStation 3's in stock, but there is definitely an overall shortage. They are out of stock just about everywhere online and selling for a $70 premium on Amazon.

[quote name='rick1000']What ever happened to that cag foreplay shipwreck and mis ship were supposed to do for child's play[/QUOTE]

It's still on the docket. I've been extremely busy the last few weeks with work, basketball, CAGcast, trying to get some reviews done, and just everyday life.

[quote name='jamesfrc']Just woke up and there's a cagcast ready for me :)... Awesome[/QUOTE]
Yep. CAGcast goes great with coffee. :D

Say I hear the next xbox Arcade update is going to add a totally new virtual object for their next Arcade title. Yes with Tennis for Two, you get a Vintage Oscilloscope to setup in your virtual arcade in lieu of an arcade cabinet.

Tennis For Two For Great Justice !!!!!

http://n4g.com/News-497296.aspx

Mass Effect 3 Project Wombat Started; Most Likely A New Interface(Ammo, HUD)

Saw this on N4g this morning and immediately thought of the last live podcast. Looks like that all that hookup talk still hasn't left Christina Norman's mind Wombat. ;)

Great show guys.

I was in the same boat as Shipwreck. I downloaded Game Room and really wanted to give MS $3. I tried demo after demo and just did not want to play any of the games for more than a minute or two. You'd think they'd want to launch Game Room with some bigger games. I thought there would be some Activision games like Pitfall, Chopper Command or River Raid. I would have for sure bought at least one of those.

Also, press select during the game and a menu comes up. In there you can learn how to play the game and what the controls are. Just referring to Shipwreck commenting that he didn't know how to play the games.

SHIPWRECK? SHIPROCKS! Keep up the great comedy!

PS. There are Jews in Ohio, tons of them... in fact this LI goy married one.

Thanks guys for talking about the 360 and how its cheap in a lot of aspects. Had a bad experience about 2 years ago when it ate my COD4 and was turned off by it since then, but I think I maybe coming around again. Let's see what E3 has in store.

I've been listening to the CAGcast since the beginning and I just want to say that the show is finally living up to its name: Wombat is cheap, CheapyD is an ass, and Shipwreck is a gamer. Way to finally round out the cast! Keep up the good work.

Not sure on the Wii as a gateway drug.

I think those (who don't know much about games) that attempt to switch will find the 360 a time sink in comparison and ultimately be turned off. Long loading times and dual-analog controls won't help either.

Commercials may suck them in and make them feel like they are missing something, but I don't think it will stick.

I'm part of that crowd though so we'll see. I just got an Elite after having a Wii-only since release, but I've been a gamer.

Crashboat (see what I did there), I'm not sure how much longer you're going to be a girls basketball coach if you guys keep up with the sexual innuendos about young girls... especially living in Cincinnati of all places!

[quote name='colt4by5']Crashboat (see what I did there), I'm not sure how much longer you're going to be a girls basketball coach if you guys keep up with the sexual innuendos about young girls... especially living in Cincinnati of all places![/QUOTE]

I honestly don't feel like they EVER get too sexual about the subject. Ship is always professional when talking about his team. Even Wombat and Cheapy know where the line is drawn.

[quote name='basston3s']I honestly don't feel like they EVER get too sexual about the subject. Ship is always professional when talking about his team. Even Wombat and Cheapy know where the line is drawn.[/QUOTE]
I think calling the team his "harem" may make a few parents a bit uncomfortable ;).

Nice CAGcast Shipwreck,Wombat Cheapyd. I personaly think light gun games are fun and can still be profitable,my personal favorites are AREA 51(Ps1/Arcade), Carnevil(Arcade) and Time Crisis(Ps2/Arcade)

Great show. I think you guys are being a little too hard on Splinter Cell Conviction. I think that the "mark and execute" feature is an awesome idea. Think about it, you are playing as a character that is supposed to be awesome at what he does and I think the mechanic does that fact justice. I'm sure the demo was made that way to give you a taste of what is in store for us in the full game. I would hate it if I downloaded a game demo and it was too hard to play.

Nice show and I liked the discussion about Metro 2033. I can't help that if Cheapy liked that, he'd love to play Half-Life 2 and the Episodes on the PC or on his 360 with a surround sound headset. They have great atmospheres. I'm pretty sure he did though

STALKER is another atmospheric shooter on the PC i've heard much about.

As for the 360 talk, and Shipwreck trying to say that because 4 co-workers got 360s, it means that everyone with a Wii is now moving over to that, i don't really buy it. More games does not equal better. It's about the quality of the games and the exclusives, and I'm sorry to tell you, but I'm not going to buy a 200 dollar console plus buy all the extras I need to get a few 3 dollar games.

And maybe it's just me personally but most of the 360 exclusives have zero appeal to me. Splinter Cell seemed interesting but now i'm just turned off by it

I just finished listening to last weeks podcast and I had to comment on it before I start this weeks.

What does Wil Wheaton do?

He is still acting guys and in addition he is an author, gamer and father.

Watch for his second appearance on Big Bang Theory soon playing Evil Wil Wheaton. He has also recently appeared on the Guild and done lots of voice work for TV and games.

http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/

There is a reason he is giving the keynote and you are scheduled at a shitty time slot during the keynote. Everyone realizes this except for you.

Still love cag, but your lack of Wil Wheaton knowledge does sadden me.

Remember kids:
Wil Wheaton says, "Don't be a dick!"

Cheapy - regarding the different flavors of Skittles...don't know what it is called in other industries, but in the food industry it is referred to a "line extension".

I can't imagine Nintendo announcing a 3d DS and showing it off at E3 in a few months because it's lame.

The 3d tech has to impressive to some degree to get the greenlight from Miyamoto, Iwata and company.

The small screen is why the 3d tech with no glasses is doable. Similar to why you see OLED screens on smartphones, but you're not seeing those screens on 50" lcds.

I do wonder what the tech adds to the equation. HOw does it affect gameplay? OR is just a nice effect.

Also the degree to which the DS is upgraded other than 3d will determine how good the 3d has to be. If it's just a DSi with 3d then the 3d better be superb. But if they upgrade everything else substantially and add other features then the 3d effect can be viewed as a nice bonus even if it isn't world beating.

Still calling it the 3DS for now, to me, means the 3d tech is the focus.

I do see a conflict though. The DS made a big push for other audiences and those audiences seem like they would be the least impressed by 3d. The women and old people audience for example. 3d seems to pushing it back towards the "gamer" audience.

The kids will love it.

I'm actually liking the Game Room so far. Is every game there worth $3? Hell no. However, I like that they are filling the arcade with mostly unknown titles although I could do without most of the 2600 retreads. You can pick up the huge titles such as Pac-man, etc. in dozens of collections already. My personal hope is that I find at least one hidden gem in each weekly update. If not, I'll wait for the next week. In the first batch of titles, I found three games that would be worth $3 to me and bought 2 of them. (actually closer to $2 each because of points card deals)

I'd pay for Centipede but already have the centipede/millipede XBLA game. Adventure was worth it just to see the enjoyment that my daughter is having with it and how it mirrors my own childhood fun. Finally, I absolutely love Lunar Lander. Obviously, not every title is for everyone and I can respect why you may not be interested. Hell, with some of the titles I'm not sure WHO would want them, but I'm sure there is someone out there. Maybe you'll enjoy the service more in a year or so when they start sliding to the later 80's/early 90's.

PS I'll take any Berry flavored Skittles Shipwreck purchases but doesn't want.

I saw the pictures first....another love hotel? I really hope that wipe all that stuff down before they rent the room again. (Not from you Cheapy but for you.)

Whoa! Wombat got comic book info wrong. Captain America is the conservative one and Iron Man is the liberal? It's the other way around. This was pointed out most in the big "Civil War" event where Cap defended individual rights while Iron Man was on the side of big business/big government. In "Operation Galactic Storm" Cap believed heroes shouldn't kill while Tony argued otherwise. Now if you wanted to say Captain America was old fashioned while Tony was more modern in these Fox News times that's true to their characters since Cap was a WWII guy frozen in time until the modern era and Iron Man is a futurist.

bread's done
Back