XBox 360 Rock Band 1 Wireless Guitar - Newegg 16.99

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

I was looking for a cheap 2nd guitar for the rare time a friend drops by to play Rock Band / Guitar Hero.

EA Rock Band Wireless Guitar for Xbox 360 (NEW)
http://www.newegg.co...5-605-_-Product

It appears to be the wireless Rock Band 1 Strat for 16.99 delivered. I prefer the RB2 strat, but this is good enough for when people stop by.

#2 djduke316

djduke316

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

I bought one when they were $15. It was DOA. I thought it was just old batteries but the unit was defective. Turns out this model has a high defective rate also (strange 'cause I never has a problem with my PS3 guitar) Their exchange for shipping is about $12 also so I just kept the POS guitar. Buyer beware.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:06 PM

I bought one when they were $15. It was DOA. I thought it was just old batteries but the unit was defective. Turns out this model has a high defective rate also (strange 'cause I never has a problem with my PS3 guitar) Their exchange for shipping is about $12 also so I just kept the POS guitar. Buyer beware.

Thanks for the input, I'll try to let everyone know how mine is when it arrives.

EDIT: EA has a 60 day Hardware warranty that would appear to include free shipping:
http://support.ea.co...19756&nextlink=

Edited by kayatai, 25 March 2010 - 01:20 PM.

#4 DrBrianFields

DrBrianFields

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:21 PM

I picked 2 up when I saw them on clearance at Target for about $7 each. Decent deal though.

#5 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

You get the DOA ones exchanged through EA. It takes time, but it is free shipping etc, they will send you a box. These do have a high rate of bad ones, I've had two exchanged with EA, right out of the box.

#6 kayatai

kayatai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

FYI: Got mine a few days ago, works fine. Frets are a bit on the loud side and strum bar is a bit mushy compared to the RB2 guitar, but works fine and it'll make a good spare for when i've got visitors.