Toys R Us Weekly Ad - 3/28/10 - 4/3/10

scott_matthews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (99%)
Hey everyone,

The movie sale in the 3/28-4/3 TRU flier is pretty simple:

Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off on ALL DVDs and BluRays

Unfortunately, this sale is not available online - it's in-store only.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scott_matthews']Hey everyone,

The movie sale in the 3/28-4/3 TRU flier is pretty simple:

Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off on ALL DVDs and BluRays

Unfortunately, this sale is not available online - it's in-store only.[/QUOTE]

But wait, they're all going to be full price? So you buy one movie for 30 bucks and they give you the second for 15? That's a horrible deal.

Yeah, TRU's DVD/BR prices are pretty horrible. You can get Astro Boy at TRU for $29.99 - or go down the street to WM and pay $19.98 (or less - that's to the coupon) even before any "sale" prices.

but this will stack with the toy story promos and disney promos right?

so you could buy toys story 1 & 2
+21.99 TS 1
+0.00 TS 2
-$8 for the disney TRU promo
-$10 promo (if this works)

that bring total to $5.99 not including coupons...

[quote name='josh62488']but this will stack with the toy story promos and disney promos right?

so you could buy toys story 1 & 2
+21.99 TS 1
+0.00 TS 2
-$10 promo (if this works)

that bring total to $5.99 not including coupons...[/QUOTE]
By 3/28 the prices will likely be up to $29.99 again and the $10 promo is gone.
So you are looking at:
$29.99
+$14.99
- $10 disney coupon
- $10 disney coupon
- $5 disney coupon (YMMV)
----------
~ $15

not too bad. but after paying less than $5 (including tax) for these this week, not a good deal either.

[quote name='basketb']By 3/28 the prices will likely be up to $29.99 again and the $10 promo is gone.
So you are looking at:
$29.99
+$14.99
- $10 disney coupon
- $10 disney coupon
----------
~ $15

not too bad. but after paying less than $5 (including tax) for these this week, not a good deal either.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the sale prices run Sunday through Saturday. So Saturday is the final day for the 21.99 Toy Story pricing. Sunday they will definitely be full price again and the $10 bundle discount will be gone as well.

The only thing that MIGHT work and be one hell of a deal is if you take the DVD packaged TS1 and TS2 and try to get Buy 1 Get 1 Free because it's technically a DVD with a bonus Blu Ray disk (as opposed to the Blu Ray packaging which is a Blu ray disk packaged with a bonus DVD).

So if their system takes that as a DVD you could get:
+0.00
= -8.01 (I am one of those that don't agree with 2 coups per item)
That would be a pretty sweet deal. Of course, it's all guessing right now since we don't know if the DVD box is considered a "DVD" or a "Blu Ray Disk". They do have different UPC's though so who knows.

[quote name='typical guy']Yep, the sale prices run Sunday through Saturday. So Saturday is the final day for the 21.99 Toy Story pricing. Sunday they will definitely be full price again and the $10 bundle discount will be gone as well.

The only thing that MIGHT work and be one hell of a deal is if you take the DVD packaged TS1 and TS2 and try to get Buy 1 Get 1 Free because it's technically a DVD with a bonus Blu Ray disk (as opposed to the Blu Ray packaging which is a Blu ray disk packaged with a bonus DVD).

So if their system takes that as a DVD you could get:
+0.00
= -8.01 (I am one of those that don't agree with 2 coups per item)
That would be a pretty sweet deal. Of course, it's all guessing right now since we don't know if the DVD box is considered a "DVD" or a "Blu Ray Disk". They do have different UPC's though so who knows.[/QUOTE]
You are correct. I mentioned this yesterday.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']You are correct. I mentioned this yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to "steal your thunder" dude! I didn't see your post yesterday. The big question is going to be if they consider that thing to be a DVD or not. If so, I might be buying more using my $5 coupons.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Of course its definitely DVD, just take off the slipcover and show them this has DVD cases.[/QUOTE]

I kind of meant if their computer considers it a DVD. I assume that this bundle pricing will be automatically done by the register.

whoops I miss read the title of post
@ my Toys R us tomorrow and Saturday there is a door buster deal
B1G1 Free on all DVD's
which is how my deal would work
im definitely gonna try this out

either way Im gettin both Toy Story's for $.99 + tax

TRU is committing suicide

Stop living in fantasy land, its a dvd/blu-ray combo. Its gonna be the same price as the blu-ray box. If you want toy story, buy it this week.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I'll be up tomorrow early morning, brahahahaha!!! Snow White DVD+Blu-ray Combo Pack considered DVD. What else?[/QUOTE]

All DVD/Blu Ray combo packs are in the system as Blu Ray. They will not be part of the sale.

[quote name='prim4444']All DVD/Blu Ray combo packs are in the system as Blu Ray. They will not be part of the sale.[/QUOTE]

That's true I tried it today but they weren't BOGO free, but I still got both of them free!!!!:bouncy:\\:D/

weird 1 of my TRU excluded the combo pacjs for the sale but the other one wasn't guess it was YMMV

cashier even offered me to go pick a free DVD cuz I bought the TS1 combo pack
lol

Does anyone know what 1st week prices they will have for Sherlock Holmes and Chipmunks 2 BluRays?? Can't seem to find them on the site. Do new releases also count?

[quote name='strife01104']Does anyone know what 1st week prices they will have for Sherlock Holmes and Chipmunks 2 BluRays?? Can't seem to find them on the site. Do new releases also count?[/QUOTE]
Yes new releases count, look at the current AD. There are no price mention for the new releases. Call them or go there during AM to check the price.

100328_02_EoAdA.jpg

Assuming there pricing is in tune with their competitors(approx $25 per) then i'll bite. Worth it to me to get 2 Blu's, 2 DVD's and their respective digital copies for around $37 bucks. if they stay at around $30 ea...i'll pass

I called TRU this morning and both The Squekquel and Sherlock Holmes are full price...29.99 a piece. An OK deal if you don't have a Meijer nearby but a wash with the 19.99 Squekquel price couple with the 24.99 SH price on Amazon.

bread's done
Back