anyone getting SF:AC?

CaseyRyback

Staff member
Feedback
131 (100%)
I guess it comes out tomorrow. Hopefully by next week I will have an Xbox. Probably will pick this game up, even though I already own it.

Only thing that sucks is that the Nuby controllers do not come out until April. I hate the Xbox D-pad, so I might not play all that much until I get a Guile controller in my hands

Thanks to Battosai1002 for the list:

'm going to compile a list of Street Fighter Xbox Live tags. I won't be on for a few weeks, but thought this list might be nice when I do start playing. Post which game you'll be playing and whether the current tags on here are correct or not (I assumed a few). I put the unknowns in the both category for now. I'll edit this as people post.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike:

Taejoo (Battousai1002)

Hyper Street fighter II:

BigMes (flybrione)

Both:

Arikado (Arikado)
aznplaya4lif3 (H-Town Info)
Busta Uppa (BustaUppa)
Caesar312 (cgh312)
Casey Ryback (CaseyRyback)
Darkside Hazuki (Darkside Hazuki)
demontooth01 (Demontooth)
DipsetNJN (Scahom1)
DmanCali (dman1869)
fieldkillah (fieldkillah)
GenDV00138 (GenDV138)
HoEDaDdY (magilacudy)
Jagr69 (Monsta Mack)
kristianator (kristianator)
LedheD 01 (Ledhed)
metaxin (tmei03)
rocknrollpart5 (rocknrollpart5)
ScorchX (Scorch)
Socheata (Socheata)
Tojokun1 (Tojo)
Ultimate Matt X (Ultimate Matt X)
xenoman80 (xenoman80)

[quote name='vanlandw']what price is it coming out at?[/quote]

comes with Third Strike, and a SFII game where you can select a character from just about any version of SFII

and thanks for telling me they are getting it Jimmie.

I'll be getting it. Nick Zero, eddiebelfour or whatever the hell he is called about on here, knows all about the Street Fighter test. :)

Everyone look for me this weekend I'll be playing like a mental patient.

yea i'm going to be playing it most likely tomorrow unless college and hwk pwned me lol. i heard arikado and ledhed will be playing sf:ac as well while we were playin halo 2 so i have a lil competition from them. i'm mostly be playin the hyper street fighter II online as i tried to learn 3rd strike offline since i never played the sf3 series. i hope the online lag isnt as bad as capcom vs snk 2. hopefully i can handle the s controller's d-pad since i can handle marvel vs capcom 2 very well with it. i hope u guys can post ur gamertags so we could play each other online.

gt: aznplaya4lif3

I'm getting the game later on this week. Right now, I only have a Controller S, but, I'm going to get a custom built arcade stick, hopefully this year...

hmmm i own it for ps2 and dont have xbox live yet so ill wait until i get live. I have the adapter that will let me use ps2 controllers on my xbox so ill feel right at home with my street fighter controller!

[quote name='Weedy649']hmmm i own it for ps2 and dont have xbox live yet so ill wait until i get live. I have the adapter that will let me use ps2 controllers on my xbox so ill feel right at home with my street fighter controller![/quote]

the controllers for Xbox have a headset adaptor built in, which may factor into your decision if you do get live

I already got Guilty Gear Reload, MK:D, DOA Ultimate, Capcom versus Snk 2 and even SVC Chaos? Is there any fucking doubt In me picking up SF:AC? Fo real! I had this shizit pre-order for SEVEN MONTHS with free three day shipping from EBgames. I hope to see y'all on live down the road, just don't expect me to be yapping cause I got the nuby controller with convertor, and I rather use that controller over the XBox, even if it means no voice.

Gamertag: Jagr69

I'll be getting the game as well. Hopefully I'll be able to get in some matches with fellow CAG members. My Chun-Li packs quite a kick. ;)

I'll be getting it eventually, not sure if sooner rather than later. Even at $30 with Live capabilities, it's still a rehash of 2 games I already own to some extent, so Tekken 5 gets priority here.

Maybe if it goes on sale somewhere next week.

I'm definately going to try to pick it up today, along with (hopefully) GGX Reload and SVC Chaos. 14.99 for GGXR and $19.99 used for SVC Chaos, shouldn't be too bad.. three great games for $65? Trade-in promotion, here I come!

[quote name='Socheata']I'll be getting the game as well. Hopefully I'll be able to get in some matches with fellow CAG members. My Chun-Li packs quite a kick. ;)[/quote]
my ryu and remy will eat your children ( so what if it sounds gay im nice in sf)

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Weedy649']hmmm i own it for ps2 and dont have xbox live yet so ill wait until i get live. I have the adapter that will let me use ps2 controllers on my xbox so ill feel right at home with my street fighter controller![/quote]

the controllers for Xbox have a headset adaptor built in, which may factor into your decision if you do get live[/quote]
got an adapter the dragon cube works with the xbx and gc. i wont be talkin to you guys while im beating you but who wants to hear me say r-u-ken ( thats what i thought ryu and ken said when they did the dragon punch when i was younger)

[quote name='PhrostByte']It has XBox live support? Hmm.... I feel pwn3d (I have the PS2 version)[/quote]
same here i couldnt wait for the xbox version. dam another 30 for the game.

[quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='Socheata']I'll be getting the game as well. Hopefully I'll be able to get in some matches with fellow CAG members. My Chun-Li packs quite a kick. ;)[/quote]
my ryu and remy will eat your children ( so what if it sounds gay im nice in sf)[/quote]

Can I add you to my friends list? ^_^

I haven't played Third Strike in awhile, but we'll see how I do once the Xbox version is out.

[quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='PhrostByte']It has XBox live support? Hmm.... I feel pwn3d (I have the PS2 version)[/quote]
same here i couldnt wait for the xbox version. dam another 30 for the game.[/quote]

I believe they held the release date back (originally both versions were to be released around the same time) because they felt the Xbox version needed some more tweaking on Live and such. I've been waiting for this game since they announced it. It should be worth the wait. :D

[quote name='http://www.computerandvideogames.com/reviews/reviews_story.php?id=110776']
Times have a'changed and, as fondly as we remember Street Fighter, we can't help but look upon it like an old dog. You love it but if it pisses on the floor one more time you'll put it down

To add some spruce, this collection is online compatible and you can play any fighter against any other, whether it's Ken from the original SFII or Turbo Edition Ken with his extended Dragon Punch. But beyond that, very little has changed; it's all just been opened up and laid bare. Every SF character is here, but they're still animated at a framerate which these days wouldn't make submission.

Thankfully, despite the clearly creaking gameplay, the Xbox controller deals well with the demands of the multi-button combos, leaving your thumbs mildly aching rather than crippled (handy when those car-smashing levels have been included again), and there is a certain sense of feeling like a kid again when you get Blanka to frazzle his opponents, but we've grown up and moved on, just as this series should have done. Catching up with Chun Li and chums is fine and the replay value is bolstered by the chance to play all the character variations but it's one strictly for nostaligia buffs.
[/quote]

WORST. REVIEW. EVER.

What does "clearly creaking gameplay" mean exactly? They gave the game 5/10.

I already have the PS2 version and will be getting the Xbox one in a few weeks. I'm lookin foward to playing some of you guys. My tag is Taejoo.

I have it for ps2 and its great, now all i need to do is get an xbox and xbox live.

But i dont know how to hook all of that up.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm definately going to try to pick it up today, along with (hopefully) GGX Reload and SVC Chaos. 14.99 for GGXR and $19.99 used for SVC Chaos, shouldn't be too bad.. three great games for $65? Trade-in promotion, here I come![/quote]

if you end up wanting to own someone in SVC, I will be up for a game next week

I'll probably get it, if not soon, then within a few months. Still have one GGC coupon stocked up so maybe I'll use it on SF.

Dont forget...the game also comes with Street Fighter II the animated movie! another reason to pick this up at $29.99!!!

[quote name='muncle']Dont forget...the game also comes with Street Fighter II the animated movie! another reason to pick this up at $29.99!!![/quote]

it is edited though

No one here got it in today.. tomorrow. I will have it tomorrow.

LOTR Third Age almost stole my attention, though.. it dropped to 29.99 new and 24.99 used while I was at GameCrazy.. came so close to getting it.. I will have SF:AC tomorrow, and possibly Guilty Gear.. CAN'T WAIT!!!

I plan on picking it up soon. I held off picking up the PS2 version, becuase I want me some Live play!

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Has anyone seen Street Fighter Anniversary Collection in-store today?...[/quote]

You use periods too much. It shipped today. In-stores tomorrow.

I'm thinking about picking it up despite the fact that I'm plopping $100 down for the Tekken bundle this week...It'll be nice to get my ass kicked at Third Strike without having to get embarrassed in public at my local arcade. I just hope Live play doesn't lag.

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='Scorch']You use periods too much. It shipped today. In-stores tomorrow.[/quote]

:whistle2:s...[/quote]

Thanks for proving my point.

I have it on PS2 and its really good, but I wish all of the SF III's could have been added, such as the original and Double Impact. Take the word 'Collection' with a grain of salt. It still kicks ass though.

i always wanted to play the origanl sf. i wanna know where it all started from and what characters they have. what systems was it released for?

[quote name='xenoman80']i always wanted to play the origanl sf. i wanna know where it all started from and what characters they have. what systems was it released for?[/quote]

Arcade. Street Fighter: The World Warriors was a CPS1 hardware title. It was ported to... SNES, Genesis... look it up at cps2shock.com or something

[quote name='PhrostByte'][quote name='xenoman80']i always wanted to play the origanl sf. i wanna know where it all started from and what characters they have. what systems was it released for?[/quote]

Arcade. Street Fighter: The World Warriors was a CPS1 hardware title. It was ported to... SNES, Genesis... look it up at cps2shock.com or something[/quote]

he means the original, that is SFII.

SF1 has dodgy controls and flat out sucks donkey balls. I played it a few times on one of those 100 games in 1 cabinet arcades.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='PhrostByte'][quote name='xenoman80']i always wanted to play the origanl sf. i wanna know where it all started from and what characters they have. what systems was it released for?[/quote]

Arcade. Street Fighter: The World Warriors was a CPS1 hardware title. It was ported to... SNES, Genesis... look it up at cps2shock.com or something[/quote]

he means the original, that is SFII.

SF1 has dodgy controls and flat out sucks donkey balls. I played it a few times on one of those 100 games in 1 cabinet arcades.[/quote]

Oh yeah... yeah I've played SF1, it really is horrible. Player 1 is always Ryu and Player 2 is always Ken. It's as bad as it sounds... google: mame

I'll be picking one up. My girlfriend gave me a 12 month subscription card for Christmas, and now I finally have a good enough reason to activate it.

Look for me online: DipsetNJN

I can't freakin' wait dude, i've been playing Street Fighter 2 all night. I'll cry if the original music isn't in there. I'M SO READY TO GO WITH RYU. We're going to OWN YOU ALL.

I want to get it for the Live play, but it's been so long since I've played the series that it likely won't be worth it. I'd get owned.

hmmm... I want to get it.. but i see this game coming around $19.99 in a few months.. so i'll wait...

not a big SF fan like I use to be...

$29.99 is a killer price tho...

bread's done
Back