Package from UPS stolen off porch

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

So I ordered a bunch of games from GameStop.com during that B1G1 Free sale. The majority of them shipped in two UPS shipments (using the free value shipping offered by GameStop). UPS says they were delivered yesterday afternoon. I didn't get home until 12 hours after they were supposedly delivered. When I got home, there were no games on my doorstep and the doormat was moved.

I think the boxes were probably delivered because one retard UPS delivery guy puts packages under my doormat, as if that hides or deters people from fucking with packages left on my door step. In the past, one UPS guy was smart enough to put a package in the utility closet by my front door with the water heater / gas unit.

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation? Has anyone had any luck getting the product reshipped? Or at least got money back? Or am I just SOL?

#2 pRINCESS-iSABELA

pRINCESS-iSABELA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

man, that sucks.
sometimes usps/ups just leaves packages at the door and they don't even ring at the door.
maybe call ups and explain situation?
probably won't do any good but maybe next time they'll think twice before repeating their history.

#3 trailmix10

trailmix10

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:29 PM

sorry to hear about that... ups usually just knocks or rings doorbell and drops package on doorstep and are on their way back to the truck by the time you open the door.. u might be SOL =(

#4 orcafan8

orcafan8

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

i think it depends on where you live/ whats their policy on that.

i know for me a while back i had some big packages for gs that came ups, and they left them at my door, and i called and bitched them out because i live in an apartment complex, it was raining, and in the past they always left them at the office. i was told the official policy is to leave them at the office or leave the note for an option to re-deliver at an apartment complex.
given that, sense then i noticed one other tenant one day had a big note on their door that said "UPS/FEDEX do not leave package just under the mat. take to office" but i'm not sure what you can do about them being stolen.
also, if you live in a house maybe they left them at like a side door? happened to my parents once

#5 Deidara

Deidara

Art is an Explosion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

Sucks to hear man. I hate how UPS does that, I get packages delivered by them quite frequently and they always do the same thing, just drop it at the front of the house then take off. The FedEx drivers here seem to at least ring the doorbell though or leave the packages in the yard if no ones home.

From my own experience with UPS and problems I've had with them in the past I don't think you'll get much help from them, unfortunately.

#6 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

Packages from UPS are automatically insured up to $100, but you'll need to provide proof of value. File a claim with UPS - if they can't prove they were actually delivered to a person, you'll be reimbursed. It takes forever sometimes, but you will be.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#7 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

You might have a shot, give them a call. They really can't prove it was delivered, if nobody signed for it.

#8 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

There has been one or two times in the past where the UPS site shows an item as delivered, only for it to not get there until the next day. I'd wait until tomorrow, then if it isn't there, take action.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#9 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

Packages from UPS are automatically insured up to $100, but you'll need to provide proof of value. File a claim with UPS - if they can't prove they were actually delivered to a person, you'll be reimbursed. It takes forever sometimes, but you will be.

UPS only accepts claims from the sender, not the receiver, according to their website. GameStop said they'll file a claim for UPS to track the package, but if UPS says it was delivered, I'm SOL. I love how on the UPS tracking the "Proof of Delivery" is just some pop up window that says it was left at front door... great "proof" UPS...

#10 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

UPS only accepts claims from the sender, not the receiver, according to their website. GameStop said they'll file a claim for UPS to track the package, but if UPS says it was delivered, I'm SOL. I love how on the UPS tracking the "Proof of Delivery" is just some pop up window that says it was left at front door... great "proof" UPS...

I don't think UPS will hold them selves responsible for a package that's stolen from a porch. I think they're only responsible for delivering to a person if the sender requests for a signature.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#11 Chitown021

Chitown021

CAG, I'm back babeeeeee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

We used to have problems like that when I worked for a major computer manufacturer. UPS would leave $2000 laptops laying around all of the time signed for by "PORCH".
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#12 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:48 PM

Last year I was waiting for the "coffin" for my RRoD 360. I had the tracking number and saw that it was delivered and on my FRONT PORCH.

That's what it showed on the website but I was home the entire day and heard NO UPS truck or noise by my door the entire day -- screen door, it was open.

I had to call MS and they just did my service order over again to ship out a new box.

Next day my neighbor from down the street brings over my box that was delivered at her FRONT PORCH the previous evening.

#13 zakai

zakai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:48 PM

I'd call and complain, then talk to seller (Gamestop) to file a claim. If anything, if you paid by card (i.e., not PayPal), you can talk to your credit card company about accidental damage/theft within 90 days of purchase (Visa and AMEX offer this, I don't know if it varies to what card or issuer).

I haven't had any trouble getting reimbursed for a missing delivery as a sender and a recipient thus far, though it doesn't happen that frequently. However, you can also file a formal complaint (usually with UPS national, not local) against the individual person who delivered your package for negligence. I'd call and just keep calling UPS if they refuse to accept your insurance claim. If GameStop doesn't want to resend the delivery (though, I think they would as long as you claim the theft right away; police report might be required), I'd bring the issue up with them as well.

#14 gargus

gargus

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

Long shot but did you check with the neighbors? Ive had that problem before and come to find out it looked like it was going to rain and my neighbor took because I was at work, she didnt want it to get soaked.

Once I had someone from like 4 streets over bring me a package that was left at their house for some reason, slim but could have happened.

Id call lamestop though and call ups both and see what they say.

Only time I had one stolen was from newegg and newegg took care of the problem with ups and shipped me a replacement out via 2 day delivery and gave me a 15% off code for my next purchase with them and apologized.

#15 C0IN

C0IN

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

You might have a shot, give them a call. They really can't prove it was delivered, if nobody signed for it.

packages are scanned at time of delivery and downloaded into the system once driver gets back to the office at the end of his shift. it records the date and time package was scanned as either attempted or delivered or whatever the guy scanned it as. this is done to track percentages and a number of other useless statistics.

#16 clockworkpumpkin

clockworkpumpkin

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

I'm a shipping manager for a high end retailer so I'm something of an expert on UPS & FEDex policy. UPS does not offer signature options when you ship out a package, in other words its usually up to drivers discretion as to wheter or not he will leave the package on your front porch or wherever, signature is not always required. Fedex however gives you multiple siganture options and doesn't leave it up to the driver. The best thing I can recommend is that you leave a sign on your door that says please do not leave boxes if I am not home and pick them up directly from the UPS sorting facility.

#17 Antlion

Antlion

My Megabusters...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

I had UPS do the exact same thing when I ordered Pokemon SoulSilver from Amazon.

I am in my living room and hear a knock on the front door. I open the door to see UPS driver walking away and my package outside, on the ground. Just a knock, drop and walk away.

Looking up the tracking information, I see that UPS listed the delivery location as 'Front Door'. (Tracking info here.)

#18 phantasyx

phantasyx

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:22 AM

thats weird because usually they try to re deliver it but I think thats just if they want a signature. UPS just places it on my chair in front of my house. "thanks"

#19 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:39 AM

I'm a shipping manager for a high end retailer so I'm something of an expert on UPS & FEDex policy. UPS does not offer signature options when you ship out a package, in other words its usually up to drivers discretion as to wheter or not he will leave the package on your front porch or wherever, signature is not always required. Fedex however gives you multiple siganture options and doesn't leave it up to the driver. The best thing I can recommend is that you leave a sign on your door that says please do not leave boxes if I am not home and pick them up directly from the UPS sorting facility.

uh, ups offers P.O.D. at an additional cost (just like all other shippers)
Proof of Delivery (P.O.D.) Exceed your record-keeping requirements with comprehensive proof of delivery information by Web, fax, or mail
Description Proof of Delivery (P.O.D.) includes the time of delivery, full delivery address, and the name and signature of the person who accepted your shipment.
Pricing View Pricing for Value-Added Services

Do not make statements about company services you are not informed about.
Perhaps taking 5 minutes to read UPS services offered will help in your professional capacity.

Kodave contact gamestop.com asap with tracking number.
Also do not waste anymore time and call ups. They WILL assist you under these circumstances. ( I had a huge snaffu this past December with a Amazon shipment sent UPS ). I called immediately and was in touch with a local ups manager within an hour. We discovered it was delivered a few doors down by mistake. But the more time you allow, the less likely to discover a mistake Vs making a time consuming claim.

#20 freeorelse

freeorelse

Not in the Sandbox!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:47 AM

Just call UPS and tell them it was not delivered. They will assume the driver dropped it elsewhere and then you should be able to get a claim filed by Gamestop. Never tell them it was stolen . At that point it is on your insurance and the local Barneys.

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

[chipinsig]07e4f48f08550a61[/chipinsig]

#21 clockworkpumpkin

clockworkpumpkin

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:29 AM

uh, ups offers P.O.D. at an additional cost (just like all other shippers)
Proof of Delivery (P.O.D.) Exceed your record-keeping requirements with comprehensive proof of delivery information by Web, fax, or mail
Description Proof of Delivery (P.O.D.) includes the time of delivery, full delivery address, and the name and signature of the person who accepted your shipment.
Pricing View Pricing for Value-Added Services

Do not make statements about company services you are not informed about.
Perhaps taking 5 minutes to read UPS services offered will help in your professional capacity.

Kodave contact gamestop.com asap with tracking number.
Also do not waste anymore time and call ups. They WILL assist you under these circumstances. ( I had a huge snaffu this past December with a Amazon shipment sent UPS ). I called immediately and was in touch with a local ups manager within an hour. We discovered it was delivered a few doors down by mistake. But the more time you allow, the less likely to discover a mistake Vs making a time consuming claim.

Relax Flamer I was just trying to help the guy when I ship from my UPS business account I do not get signature options like I do when I ship from my FedEx power ship. Now be a good troll and crawl under your bridge.

#22 orcafan8

orcafan8

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:23 AM

funny story
i ordered dj hero renegade, and gh 5 guitar bundle on ebay. came while i was at school a few hours ago, and was left in front of my door (in the walkway of my apt building basically).
dj hero was just shipped in its retail box so super obvious what it was
anyways called UPS to complain (2nd time). they put a note in their system (that will show up to the driver) that if i am not home, and nobody is at my leasing office, then they are NOT to leave the package. somebody from the local depot even called to confirm it, so hopefully it will not happen again.

#23 FeralWraith

FeralWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:12 AM

While we're on the subject of UPS horror stories, I got one from just two days ago. Ordered a game from Amazon, 2 day shipping, should've been here (last) Friday. All of the tracking said it was in town and out for delivery. Friday end of day, no show. I wait until Monday end of day, still no show. Tuesday, I go in and start inquiring, the lady at the customer desk (who was very helpful, so I'm not hating on her) checked and couldn't find my package. Ended up having to phone Amazon and they sent another copy out lickety split.

I know bloody well that the package made it to town (had 5+ orders delivered via UPS without trouble before, and the tracking worked at every step here), so it makes me wonder if the driver or another worker decided to take a free game home with themselves. It also makes me ponder if I dare risk ordering any more games, or if this "incident" will happen again.

#24 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:29 AM

The reason why I have a mailbox at a UPS Store or I just have them ship to work.

#25 darkslime

darkslime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:49 AM

ups is a piece of shit. whenever i get packages from them, they leave them right next to my mailbox instead of on the porch or in the carport by the back door or something. usps does the same thing, and i'm always worried about it because my area has very high theft.

#26 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

I contacted GameStop immediately about my packages. They said they were going to request UPS to trace my package. If UPS says it was delivered, then they can request a second trace. If that comes back as Delivered, they said there is nothing they can do for me.

If it gets to that point, I think I'll file a complaint with the BBB. I know everyone has their own opinion on the BBB but I've had extremely good luck with it and getting companies to correct their wrongs.

Of course I'm not going to tell them I think it was stolen though - I don't know that it was stolen, I'm just assuming so because someone fucked with my door mat and the only person that fucks with my door mat is the UPS guy, leading me to believe the packages were there.

I get shitty package deliverers in my area in general, whether FedEx, UPS, or USPS. My USPS carrier gets pissed he has to walk into the complex instead of just being able to drop things in the mail room. I've literally been sitting at home, hear a THUD against my front door, and walk out to find a package out there. The guy literally tossed it at my door. Ridiculous.

When I lived at home in a nice residential neighborhood, our UPS delivery lady was awesome. It helps she's been the route driver for like probably 10+ years or something and we tip her every Christmas. She always places things safely on the porch and rings the doorbell, but only sticks around if a signature is required.

But here in this complex... its teh sux. It doesn't help people leave security gates propped open and shit. We're literally the buffer between a poor neighborhood and a rich neighborhood so we get shady people wandering through our complex sometimes.

Anyway, I'll check with the ONE neighbor who I know a bit who lives two doors down. She may have taken it in the late evening when she saw I wasn't home, but I don't have any kind of agreement with her to do such a thing so I'm really doubting she did it. Its not like there was a risk of rain or anything like that. I don't know the people who live on either side of me, but I doubt they'd touch my shit.

I think in the future I'm just going to have to do deliveries to my parents home and pick things up there.

#27 koreysimmons

koreysimmons

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

I think it was christmas of 2008 and my wife and I had ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon. We purchased things like a PS3, Wii, Controllers, Games ect... We recieved everything without any issues except for one package. The tracking system said it had been delivered and left on my door step and what do you know it went missing. I called Amazon and they shipped another one right away. I hope who ever stole that package enjoyed their Britney Spears Circus CD lol.

#28 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

I've never had a problem with UPS, but FedEx is another matter. I will never forget one time I ordered a mouse from Logitech that was shipped by FedEx ground. On its scheduled day of delivery, the package never showed. Upon checking the tracking data, it showed that it was delivered, but it had been signed for by someone (who was not me, obviously). Turns out it was delivered to the Walmart store across town. Three phone calls to FedEx elicited three different responses/excuses. Nuts to that, I said, and I went to the store. The store manager was very nice. She checked the warehouse, brought out my package, and I was on my way. Now I actively avoid FedEx whenever possible.

#29 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

i had a package delivered from Fed ex a few days ago...
It required a signature. So i made sure i was home.
I see the truck stop outside my house..
I wait until i hear the doorbell or knock on the door since sometiems it takes them a few minutes to get out of the truck etc..
Well i didnt hear anything so i start walking to my door and see the guy just type some stuff into his electronic pad thing and starts to leave a. No one was home slip on my door...
he never even knocked on my door or rung my door bell...
so i jumped out as he is walking away with my package and stop him...

He of course claimed he knocked..... even though that is a lie.

I would think if gamestop doesnt help you out.
That you could also disupute the charge with your creditcard and claim you never received it.

#30 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

this is why i have to sit here, front door wide open, refreshing the ups tracking page constantly cause im lucky to get the door open before they're already down the street. livng next to meth heads makes it even worse.