The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#3061 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

No problems on getting a layaway for the Deluxe Wii U at the Henrietta, NY location of Walmart. Didn't specifiy how much they had remaining, but they had them.

One thing that I was curious about was that the receipt doesn't show the launch date of November 18th as a pickup. It just mentions to pick it up before December 14th. Will check up on that since I have to go back anyways to make sure they corrected the spelling of my last name :/

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#3062 Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

In and out of my Richmond, VA WM in under 5 minutes with a layaway/preorder, they were very prepared, had all the info in a folder right there at the counter.

#3063 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

No problems on getting a layaway for the Deluxe Wii U at the Henrietta, NY location of Walmart. Didn't specifiy how much they had remaining, but they had them.

One thing that I was curious about was that the receipt doesn't show the launch date of November 18th as a pickup. It just mentions to pick it up before December 14th. Will check up on that since I have to go back anyways to make sure they corrected the spelling of my last name :/

They almost messed up my address by putting down NJ instead of NY. Good thing I was watching the cashier type in the details. Walmart employees.. =x

#3064 kangchousa

kangchousa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

I hate to break it to ya (not that it really matters), but I preordered at this walmart on the 14th at 9am. I even had to bring the memo and talk to their manager so they knew what to do, and this took forever lol. So I'm the first, and I'm guessing you're the 2nd which means they may not have much more left if what you said about only 4 being available is true.

Always good to know I have fellow CAGs in my area ;)

#3065 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Did they have a list or print out a label for your preorder? Just curious..

#3066 nightman1701

nightman1701

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Went to my local Walmart in Hazleton, PA. I didn't think I was going to get a pre-order in but when I asked the girls at Layaway they told me that I was the first to come in and place a pre-order. They had everything in a binder beside the register and it only took 5 minutes to do. I was able to pre-order 2 of them.

I guess there were others that had came in looking to pre-order but the electronics department told them they weren't doing pre-orders or getting any in. The manager at Layaway told them that they are supposed to send them back to Layaway if they wanted to pre-order one. I feel bad for all the people that didn't know where to go that got turned away.

Does the stores system know how many Wii U's they will get to stop taking Pre-orders? I know the girls told me I would get mine because they are supposed to keep them in the back when they come in.

#3067 znb

znb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for the chatter about the Walmart deal. I was able to go in and order two without a problem.

#3068 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Greeted by a "wii u is sold out" sign at WalMart at 281/410 in San Antonio this morning.

Let the fun begin!!
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#3069 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

anyone planning on getting cod-bo 2 on the wii u as opposed to the ps3 or 360? i'm still contemplating that myself.

I am thinking about it. I read somewhere that it is going to support playing on the Wii U controller screen only. If true, I would love to be able to shoot some newbs while my wife is watching Dancing with the Stars or whatever. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 2406 5141 9292

#3070 ch2423

ch2423

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

I am thinking about it. I read somewhere that it is going to support playing on the Wii U controller screen only. If true, I would love to be able to shoot some newbs while my wife is watching Dancing with the Stars or whatever. :)

That right there is why I'm looking forward to this feature on the Wii U. Could have really used it tonight.

#3071 midlander85

midlander85

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

I realized the older gent who helped me didn't print layway labels for the guy ahead of he who preordered, or my labels (unless he did them later on) should I be concerned?

Have preordered in 4 different stores, only one printed out a sticker with my name on it. Another was using a numbered list. I think there is a folder that gets involved in the distribution.

#3072 GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

BTW just a heads for up for those who asked about a good place to buy Wii U games:

Newegg is once again having a 72 hour sale for video game preorders. You save $12 on games $49.99 and up with free shipping. No tax if you live in NY (like me) :)

Promo code: EMCJNJD242

May be used once per order but can be used on multiple orders.

http://www.newegg.co...ndo Wii U Games

Thanks, I forgot to get Pikmin 3 last time, just plopped a pre-order in for it!

#3073 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

So everyone that wanted a Wii U got a pre order in, right?

no one missed out?

#3074 leopaw

leopaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

no one missed out?

The soccer moms will be buying them on Ebay!

#3075 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

no one missed out?

The fact that no labels were printed and not seeing a list is making me a little nervous. :-|

#3076 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

The fact that no labels were printed and not seeing a list is making me a little nervous. :-|

You have a receipt, and the computer stops letting them be sold when the allotment is gone. I wouldn't worry about not seeing the label.
Posted Image

#3077 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

no one missed out?

if you're an actual gamer, then I'd think that you'd be savvy enough to have gotten a Wii U preorder if you really wanted one

the parents who have kids that realize they want one once commercials start rolling in November are kinda fucked though

#3078 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

Went to a Wal-Mart about 15 mins from my house and they had everything ready. Thankfully, I called ahead and all was well. I got two pre-orders without trouble... one for me, and one for my nieces and nephews. I'm gonna be the coolest uncle ever on Christmas morning!

#3079 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

Its a "game per game" basis on if they will support the full game being playable on the gamepad.

As for BO2, Yes, the game is fully playable on the Gamepad. In fact another cool feature is that if you have a buddy over you can play splitscreen with one on the game pad and one on the TV using a wiimote or controller pro.

#3080 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:46 AM

I might actually consider getting Black Ops if I could use the stylus to shoot.

#3081 Jayrcee

Jayrcee

CAG Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

I went to my Walmart and was flat out denied a layaway. The lady said her manager spoke to the "Nintendo Rep" and he said they weren't getting any in. She refused to even try to place a layaway order.

#3082 Bubbamel

Bubbamel

Who ate my Reese's pieces?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

I went to my Walmart and was flat out denied a layaway. The lady said her manager spoke to the "Nintendo Rep" and he said they weren't getting any in. She refused to even try to place a layaway order.

SMH... wow, so now a Nintendo rep can know if a retail chain gets allotments or not?..morons. You would think the manager would speak to corporate before a "Nintendo rep". I think they just do not want to deal with the whole putting aside units and whatnot. Sorry to hear that though Jayrcee. Is there another Walmart further out for you though?

#3083 Todmicahels

Todmicahels

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Always good to know I have fellow CAGs in my area ;)

exactly! see you at launch lol. I didn't know there were only 4 systems available at our walmart, but I'm glad we got it early enough.

#3084 Jayrcee

Jayrcee

CAG Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

SMH... wow, so now a Nintendo rep can know if a retail chain gets allotments or not?..morons. You would think the manager would speak to corporate before a "Nintendo rep". I think they just do not want to deal with the whole putting aside units and whatnot. Sorry to hear that though Jayrcee. Is there another Walmart further out for you though?

Yes, this afternoon i'm going to try another store even though it's bit out of the way for me. Here's hoping that they know what to do.

#3085 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

This might be nothing, but I noticed a new listing on Amazon this morning when browsing through the Wii U list:

http://www.amazon.co...=I2N27EMIDA4JSC

Maybe...Amazon is going to have a bundle after all? It seems strange to make a listing like this for 3rd party marketplace sellers.
\\:D/

#3086 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

3rd party sellers can make their own listings if they sell enough volume

#3087 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Those labels you speak of? Did that have a six or seven digit number on them? I remember when I preordered my consoles, the labels printed out, and the cashier put them into a folder. It's going to be a crazy day for sure. I can't wait to read some of the stories posted on here, and some of the stories that I see in the news.

#3088 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

I don't know why everyone keeps stressing out over these labels. #6 on the memo specifically states that the label is supposed to go into a reservation folder. It's normal that none of us were given labels.

You can use a pointer. Its about 10 times faster than the hilariously bad etch a sketch controls and over the top aim assist, lol.

Hmm, neat. I just assumed that it wouldn't allow a stylus, but if it does, I will at least rent the game.

#3089 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

People are concerned that their labels never printed.

There is a prompt after the reservation is done to print the labels and not all employees are doing it. Shouldn't matter but its another reason for concern for some.

Both times I went, the lady read aloud the part about the labels then proceeded to print them out. Has you name, layaway #, etc. on it.
Posted Image

#3090 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Those labels you speak of? Did that have a six or seven digit number on them? I remember when I preordered my consoles, the labels printed out, and the cashier put them into a folder. It's going to be a crazy day for sure. I can't wait to read some of the stories posted on here, and some of the stories that I see in the news.

I never saw them print anything out except the receipt. I mean I'm not too concerned because either me or my authorized pickup person will get there early. My only question is what if each Walmart doesn't know the exact allotment they are getting and the register is programmed with an arbitrary number at which to stop taking orders? I don't believe Nintendo told everyone the exact numbers yet. If my Walmart goes by whoever ordered first then I'm good cause I was the first person in line.