The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#3271 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

So apparently some guy got a text today from layaway saying that Walmart accepted too many pre-orders for the Wii U. He is still guaranteed one, just not necessarily at launch. I'm thinking, just to be on the safe side, I should go pre-order a second from Target.

#3272 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for the tip! I just picked one up.

You just walked in and they were available inside the glass door? I called 2 different Targets in NYC and neither one has them. I wonder if the person who picked up has no idea they're available.

#3273 jwcdis

jwcdis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

So apparently some guy got a text today from layaway saying that Walmart accepted too many pre-orders for the Wii U. He is still guaranteed one, just not necessarily at launch. I'm thinking, just to be on the safe side, I should go pre-order a second from Target.

Some guy is a very trusted and reliable source.
Anyways went to my target to check today. No go as of this moment, never got anything in for preorders.

#3274 avatar12

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

A txt? Really? Don't think walmart will use this method to communicate with their customer

#3275 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

A txt? Really? Don't think walmart will use this method to communicate with their customer

I remember when I was doing the layaway the lady ask me if I want to get text message updating me about the layaway.

#3276 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

Anyways went to my target to check today. No go as of this moment, never got anything in for preorders.

Maybe they got them today but they haven't been checked in and placed on the shelf yet. I'm going to check tomorrow morning when they open.

#3277 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

When you do a layaway at Walmart, you can sign up for text alerts concerning your layaway order.

PSN = madcatz1999

#3278 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Just as reliable as Wikipedia yet people still continue to use it for gathering information.

#3279 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

They asked me when I did my preorder if they could text me with updates on my order. I told them yes..

#3280 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

They asked me when I did my preorder if they could text me with updates on my order. I told them yes..

Same here, but I never expected them to really text me. :roll:

#3281 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

:roll:

Um yeah, they do. They asked me specifically if I wanted text updates on my layaway.

edit: oops I see everyone else already corrected him.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3282 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

So Walmart oversold (according to "some guy") even though they were supposed to have software on the POS preventing this?

Also, Target is now accepting in-store preorders?

Interesting day. I have a feeling on the 18th there are going to piles of pissed off people wishing painful and humiliating deaths upon retail clerks and their children.

#3283 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

I heard that the guy that got the text was none other than Tim Tebow.

#3284 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

Seems to be one wireless headset that works for Wii U. It isn't exclusive, it's actually compatible with all three consoles. The kicker: it doesn't work for all games apparently.

http://nintendoevery...-headset-maybe/

#3285 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

I just called my local store and they said they don't have it. :cry:

Give them a couple of days. We just got ours today so they're definitely going out to stores.

#3286 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Seems to be one wireless headset that works for Wii U. It isn't exclusive, it's actually compatible with all three consoles. The kicker: it doesn't work for all games apparently.

http://nintendoevery...-headset-maybe/

Read about that headset somewhere else. It only works wirelessly if the game supports USB audio. Black Ops II, for example, doesn't, since it uses the 3.5mm jack (i.e. the one that plugs into the gamepad). I don't think it's any different than any other USB headset that uses a wireless dongle.

PSN = madcatz1999

#3287 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Give them a couple of days. We just got ours today so they're definitely going out to stores.

Thanks for that info. How does this work? We pay $5 to purchase a reservation card, but we can't pay more than that right? Does having a reservation card mean we are guaranteed a console on launch day or only guaranteed to get one eventually in a first ordered first served basis?

#3288 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Thanks for that info. How does this work? We pay $5 to purchase a reservation card, but we can't pay more than that right? Does having a reservation card mean we are guaranteed a console on launch day or only guaranteed to get one eventually in a first ordered first served basis?

You purchase the reservation card for $5, and yes you cannot pay any more than that. Basically the electronics department will hold the item for you for up to a week; after 7 days the store has to but the item back on the shelf and sell it (but your card still works and will give you the $5 gift card).

Yes you are guaranteed one at launch (hence why they are only sending out like 5 cards for each system, because they probably will not receive more than that. Like the last two iPad launches, our Target only got 5 and that was it). When we start receiving the items, we hold them back for preorders. So if we get 15 units and we had 10 preorders, we will only sell the remaining 5 to the public. Just make sure you have your card with you when you pick it up or you won't get it, unfortunately.

#3289 Dozens

Dozens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

The issue with original Wii games is an extremely baffling design decision. You'd think that getting the Wii U to act as interface between the pro controller & legacy Wii software would be a very easy problem to resolve. Hopefully that's something that can be addressed in a future system update.

It's likely a security decision so I wouldn't count on that.

Wii mode is being sandboxed.

#3290 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

Just left my closest Target. No preorder cards. He even searched his handheld for it and couldnt find it in the system. Whats the DCPI?

#3291 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

You purchase the reservation card for $5, and yes you cannot pay any more than that. Basically the electronics department will hold the item for you for up to a week; after 7 days the store has to but the item back on the shelf and sell it (but your card still works and will give you the $5 gift card).

Yes you are guaranteed one at launch (hence why they are only sending out like 5 cards for each system, because they probably will not receive more than that. Like the last two iPad launches, our Target only got 5 and that was it). When we start receiving the items, we hold them back for preorders. So if we get 15 units and we had 10 preorders, we will only sell the remaining 5 to the public. Just make sure you have your card with you when you pick it up or you won't get it, unfortunately.

Very informative. Thanks again! :D

#3292 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

If you're buying at Target with their REDcard, don't forget about the stackable 5% coupon that should've been mailed to you.

#3293 drphibes

drphibes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

I will be making the rounds at my local Targets this weekend about this, so what should I ask for?

Should I ask if they are accepting WiiU pre-orders or as about the cards specifically?

Thanks for the heads up, you are the man!

#3294 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

I picked another preorder up at Target just incase Wal-mart falls through. For some reason I was only charged $1 instead of $5 for the preorder.

#3295 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

I picked another preorder up at Target just incase Wal-mart falls through. For some reason I was only charged $1 instead of $5 for the preorder.

Is it the deluxe edition? What's the DCPI?

Thanks in advance.

#3296 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

I've seen two DCPIs for the Deluxe.

From website: 241-26-3638
From mailer: 207-29-0002

#3297 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Is it the deluxe edition? What's the DCPI?

Thanks in advance.

It was the deluxe. They have both of them but it looked like they have more regular than deluxe. The cards were behind the electronics counter and I had to ask for them. I was the first one to reserve it since the guy had to open the clear plastic wrap to get them out.

Spoiler

#3298 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

It was the deluxe. They have both of them but it looked like they have more regular than deluxe. The cards were behind the electronics counter and I had to ask for them. I was the first one to reserve it since the guy had to open the clear plastic wrap to get them out.

Spoiler

Thanks. As I mentioned earlier, I went to mine and they didn't have it. The guy looked in the drawers, checked his scanner, etc and nothing. I'll try another Target tomorrow.

#3299 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

Man, can't imagine how many people must be looking for the WiiU in the wrong places. Just started my first night of work at Gamestop again, saw atleast 4 people come in 3 hours asking to be put on the waiting list.

On the upside, confirmed that outside of another employee, I'm at the top of the pre-order list.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3300 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

Thanks. As I mentioned earlier, I went to mine and they didn't have it. The guy looked in the drawers, checked his scanner, etc and nothing. I'll try another Target tomorrow.

They might have it tomorrow. I think my Target just got it at that moment since I saw empty brown boxes with different products nearby the Wii U cards.