The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#3451 midlander85

midlander85

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

Went to 4 targets today. Only one had pre-order cards. It was a dollar (and it comes with a $5 at pickup? cashier and manager were confused on price but still went ok) Sold out of black models same day.

#3452 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

Reason why so many Wal-Marts still have zero to only a few preorders.

Doesn't matter. On launch day they are still going to have a huge gigantic line with way more people than they have consoles.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#3453 jmanereese

jmanereese

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

The Union City, CA Walmart was still taking orders today. I'm not sure if I buy it, but the clerk claimed the the number of pre-orders determined the allocation for the store, not that each store was allocated X number of pre-orders.

The WalMart I went to (Pearland HWY 35, Texas) said that they have an allocation, nothing about how many people pre-order. He told me they sold half of the amount they are getting. I got 2 as a backup plan to GS and BBY incase things get messy. Also I still see the sings up for pre-orders for the WiiU at all 3 Pearland Walmarts not sure if the 20th was the cutoff day for some reason i thought I saw a sign say November 1st

#3454 BigJoe

BigJoe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Slightly off topic, but for those who care, Nintendo has released its first commercial for the Wii U on live T.V. It was shown all over the UK and is the first official Wii U commercial. It seemed to be geared towards the "Casual Gamer" or for people who are oblivious to what the Wii U is. The commercial seemed a little weird and dosent seem like it could live up to the USA's standards of advertising. Im not sure why I feel that way, it just gave me that vibe. Weird thing is, the Wii U will be released in the USA before the UK so why show commercials over there first? We have less than 27 days untill launch and the USA still has no commercials. A little strange if you ask me. Anyhow, here is one of many YouTube links to the video for those of you who have not seen it.

#3455 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

Slightly off topic, but for those who care, Nintendo has released its first commercial for the Wii U on live T.V. It was shown all over the UK and is the first official Wii U commercial. It seemed to be geared towards the "Casual Gamer" or for people who are oblivious to what the Wii U is. The commercial seemed a little weird and dosent seem like it could live up to the USA's standards of advertising. Im not sure why I feel that way, it just gave me that vibe. Weird thing is, the Wii U will be released in the USA before the UK so why show commercials over there first? We have less than 27 days untill launch and the USA still has no commercials. A little strange if you ask me. Anyhow, here is one of many YouTube links to the video for those of you who have not seen it.

That is one bad commercial. I honestly thought it was fan made....

#3456 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Going to target today to try and get a card!

#3457 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

I seriously think they should use the fanmade My Body Is Ready commercials that are on Youtube. The general public won't understand, but I think they're perfect.

And dammit, I just realized that my name is incorrect on my receipt. It's my fault for not noticing, I guess...I often forget that people don't know how to read a driver's license properly. This happens to me all the time. Hopefully it won't be a problem when I go to pick up the console.

#3458 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Where is the best place to get a preorder right now?

#3459 Mike5366

Mike5366

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Where is the best place to get a preorder right now?

Well I managed to put a Wii U on layaway at Walmart yesterday. I'm assuming you still can.

#3460 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Yes, most Walmarts seem to still have pre-orders available, so it's your best bet.

#3461 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

"A brand new console"

THANK FUCKING GOD. They finally say something to differentiate it from the Wii. Definitely could have been executed better, though.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#3462 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

My favorite part is the "schpew schpew schpew" - Who uses that for a commercial?? Lol

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#3463 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Went to my local Target this morning before work. I went to the Wii section, but there were only pre-sell/reservation cards for the games on the shelf. I asked the guy at the counter but no luck. I even gave him the DCPI # to look up. He also claimed that that store was not going to be selling them - at all. I'm very skeptical about that statement and just going to go by the "employees don't know jack shit" rule of thumb. I'm going to try 2 other stores after work.

#3464 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

LOL i hate that wal-mart... try going there any time after like 6pm and it's like black friday

He also said it was going to be available for midnight pickup on launch day at his location if you want extra Black Friday madness.

#3465 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

They mumbled something about a blood ritual and sacrifice.

Blood shed over a console? Close enough. :-#

#3466 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Went to my local Target this morning before work. I went to the Wii section, but there were only pre-sell/reservation cards for the games on the shelf. I asked the guy at the counter but no luck. I even gave him the DCPI # to look up. He also claimed that that store was not going to be selling them - at all. I'm very skeptical about that statement and just going to go by the "employees don't know jack shit" rule of thumb. I'm going to try 2 other stores after work.

I had no luck with 3 different target I went to as well. The DCPI seems to be the only way any employee knows what you are talking about and each store I got a different story. One employee said they will not get any in until November 18th or so. I explained that they are pre-order cards and he still said yeh that is when they would come in. One employee looked it up and told me how they aren't going to be coming in the store. Another told me it will be a couple weeks before release most likely but there should be "tons" available like Skylanders which I think we all know isn't true and that allocation will be tight. I am hoping that places get shipped cards today but it seems like the best bet for all of us is going to be to just continuously check the stores.

#3467 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

I had no luck with 3 different target I went to as well. The DCPI seems to be the only way any employee knows what you are talking about and each store I got a different story. One employee said they will not get any in until November 18th or so. I explained that they are pre-order cards and he still said yeh that is when they would come in. One employee looked it up and told me how they aren't going to be coming in the store. Another told me it will be a couple weeks before release most likely but there should be "tons" available like Skylanders which I think we all know isn't true and that allocation will be tight. I am hoping that places get shipped cards today but it seems like the best bet for all of us is going to be to just continuously check the stores.

Do you mind sharing the DCPI number :)

#3468 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

do you mind sharing the dcpi number :)

207070473 - Deluxe

#3469 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

I wonder if Amazon is going to sell the wii u at all. If I recall they don't sell / never sold the 3DS XL so it seems like they may stop carrying newer nintendo consoles for some reason. I am hoping they eventually give in and sell them though, maybe they will post them at midnight on release day. Anyone hear anything or have any opinions on Amazon carrying the the Wii U?

#3470 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Do you mind sharing the DCPI number :)

The number is 207070473 for the deluxe model. Hopefully you get lucky, I wonder if the people would look up the dcpi if you just called since I assume any new deliveries today would be processed by the afternoon.

#3471 gpn

gpn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I decided to check out the Walmart near me on Saturday to see if they were still taking layaways, and they were so I put in for one. Given some of the stories in this thread, I was surprised with the experience. I noticed in the video game section they had signs up about the Wii U layaway, plus they had a flyer up about it in the layaway section, and doing the layaway itself was no problem at all. Now I just have to hope they get enough systems in.

Will they be setting the systems aside for each of the layaways, or is it first come first serve?

#3472 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

This has been discussed so many times. It's 99.9% certain that they won't carry the Wii U due to their riff with N. Doubt anyone has any new info on this since both sides have been so tight lipped about it. If they do carry it, it would be a miracle.

This. The general theory/consensus is that people returned a bunch of first-run 3DS consoles because of the top screen getting scratched by the bottom screen. Amazon tried to get credit for those from Nintendo. Nintendo either said no because the number of returns was too large, or they gave Amazon credit but did so in a begrudging, pain in the ass way. After this, either Amazon decided to stop carrying Nintendo consoles because Nintendo was an ass to work with, or Nintendo chose to stop supplying Amazon because of all of the returns.

Nintendo consoles (Wii, ds lite, dsi, 3ds, Wii u) have not been sold directly through Amazon since shortly after the 3DS launch.

#3473 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

I decided to check out the Walmart near me on Saturday to see if they were still taking layaways, and they were so I put in for one. Given some of the stories in this thread, I was surprised with the experience. I noticed in the video game section they had signs up about the Wii U layaway, plus they had a flyer up about it in the layaway section, and doing the layaway itself was no problem at all. Now I just have to hope they get enough systems in.

Will they be setting the systems aside for each of the layaways, or is it first come first serve?

Supposedly they come in as a separate delivery labeled "layaway merchandise" and are stored in the back so that no one can walk into the store and purchase them. Supposedly.

#3474 BigRedWhat

BigRedWhat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

I had an employee look up the DCPI and it showed No Stock at my Target. When I spoke with the electronics person he said that the stores that are getting stock on the 18th will get cards. Do not know if that means my store is not getting any stock or if the cards will be coming.

#3475 SearchX

SearchX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

I finally got my preorder/layaway at Wal-Mart today. Tried two other Wal-Marts in Cary and Morrisville, NC. One was sold out and the other had no clue about the Wii U layaway deal. The store supervisor said that they weren't getting any for preorders.

Then I called the Wal-Mart in Raleigh Brier Creek and they actually knew what I was talking about. They had flyers in the electronics and layaway department.

I've been checking my local Target for the past 3 days for preorder cards but there weren't any signs that they had gotten any. Hope the Wal-Mart layaway preorders go through!

#3476 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Looks like "triforce" has started a line for the Wii u in new York again... 4 weeks in advance.

#3477 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Looks like "triforce" has started a line for the Wii u in new York again... 4 weeks in advance.

More power to him I guess. I'll be fine being 10th in line at my local BB/GS here on the West Coast, 3 hours after people on the East Coast have had it.

#3478 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

A line.. already????

#3479 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

I managed to pre-order (via layaway) a WiiU Deluxe Edition at Walmart today. They said that they will have it but they might not have enough the day of release so I'll get it before Dec 14th and they'll call me when its ready to be picked up.

Can't wait to play it. If I don't like it, I'm hoping to get a good amount of money reselling it. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Wonder how much I'd get considering its a hard to find item already.

#3480 BigHerky

BigHerky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I was able to find 2 preorder cards for the deluxe wii u today at target. They also had a bunch of reservation cards for the el cheapo version

Edited by BigHerky, 22 October 2012 - 11:41 PM.