The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#3481 AgentSquishy

AgentSquishy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

I managed to pre-order (via layaway) a WiiU Deluxe Edition at Walmart today. They said that they will have it but they might not have enough the day of release so I'll get it before Dec 14th and they'll call me when its ready to be picked up.

Can't wait to play it. If I don't like it, I'm hoping to get a good amount of money reselling it. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Wonder how much I'd get considering its a hard to find item already.

Well would you look at that. Another person just backing up what people where bashing me for saying. Thank you for this.

#3482 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

http://www.qsrweb.co...-Wii-U-giveaway

Burger King restaurants are offering guests the chance to win a Wii U system, the new gaming and entertainment system from Nintendo that launches on Nov. 18.
Beginning today, Burger King guests can visit participating restaurants or BK.com/WiiU to learn more about how to enter for a chance to win. As part of the Wii U Instant Win Game, BK guests can go online to play a game, which will utilize information found on their guest receipt. No purchase is necessary.
"Wii U and the integrated Game Pad controller create new and unique ways to play games, enjoy video entertainment and connect with family and friends," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "By partnering with the Burger King brand, we aim to bring the fun of the Wii U experience to the thousands of families who visit their restaurants."
Additionally, there is a separate contest for kids ages 12 and younger on BKCrown.com. Those who log on and play games will be entered to win one of 10 Wii U systems and other Nintendo-themed prizes.
The promotion continues in store at approximately 7,400 participating Burger King locations in the U.S., where guests will receive a Nintendo-themed toy with the purchase of a Kids Meal during the promotional period. Toys will include Nintendo signatures such as Mario and Luigi figurines, as well as toys inspired by the Wii U console and the Wii U GamePad controller. Additionally, children will be able to get limited-edition Mario and Luigi Wii U-themed BK Crowns and Kids Meal boxes at participating restaurants, as well as a New Super Mario Bros. U Activity Booklet. All toys and promotional items are available while supplies last.
"Like Burger King, the Wii U console provides families with the occasion to get together to enjoy each other and interact in a fun and memorable way," said Flavia Faugeres, executive vice president and global chief marketing officer, Burger King Worldwide. "We've enjoyed a great relationship with Nintendo and are excited to offer our guests a chance to be one of the first to own this highly-anticipated gaming system.

#3483 fshaia

fshaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

I was able to find 2 preorder cards for the deluxe wii u today at target. Had a bunch of reservation cards for the el cheapo version

What city did you get them at ?

#3484 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

No Wii U console preorder cards spotted at my local Target, though they did have a few of the game cards out. New SMB U; Zombi U; and I believe Batman: AC. Reserve for $1, get $5 card at pickup, etc.

I found it curious the PS Vita Madden bundle was marked at $.01 on the shelf and in the price checker. I asked the dude working in the dept and he insisted the bundle wasn't marked down in any way. Who knows? This guy seemed fairly clueless.

#3485 Todmicahels

Todmicahels

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

I managed to pre-order (via layaway) a WiiU Deluxe Edition at Walmart today. They said that they will have it but they might not have enough the day of release so I'll get it before Dec 14th and they'll call me when its ready to be picked up.

Can't wait to play it. If I don't like it, I'm hoping to get a good amount of money reselling it. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Wonder how much I'd get considering its a hard to find item already.

This has got me a little worried now. I hope they count who preordered first if it's going to be like this. I was the first at my walmart, so I don't want to get screwed, by them giving it away to those who preordered later than I did.

#3486 BigHerky

BigHerky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

What city did you get them at ?

Des Moines

#3487 jwcdis

jwcdis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

While not really related to the console pre-order, did anyone back out of their Pro Controller controller after hearing headsets would only work with the gamepad?

#3488 AutoPilotOff

AutoPilotOff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

While not really related to the console pre-order, did anyone back out of their Pro Controller controller after hearing headsets would only work with the gamepad?

not yet but it kind of made me lose interest in it.

#3489 shrinky215

shrinky215

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Kinda off topic, but has anyone else gotten their hands on a demo Wii-U? My local Gamestop has one set up where their Wii used to be. Only playable demo was Rayman, however.

#3490 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

http://www.walmart.c...ner=MfQy8kfx*Gk

white bundle in stock at walmart.

#3491 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

http://www.walmart.c...ner=MfQy8kfx*Gk

white bundle in stock at walmart.

If it was, then it's gone now.

#3492 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

Well would you look at that. Another person just backing up what people where bashing me for saying. Thank you for this.

Well, it looks like I'm getting there early and making sure I get mine first. :bouncy:

#3493 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Just a tip for those who are looking for Target pre-sell cards: when I called my local store again this afternoon I spoke to a more knowledgeable associate. I asked him to look up the DCPI # again and although that store didn't have any in stock, he was able to check stock at nearby locations in their system. I didn't even ask him, but he just started naming stores that have them and how many they have left in stock.

#3494 fshaia

fshaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

Just a tip for those who are looking for Target pre-sell cards: when I called my local store again this afternoon I spoke to a more knowledgeable associate. I asked him to look up the DCPI # again and although that store didn't have any in stock, he was able to check stock at nearby locations in their system. I didn't even ask him, but he just started naming stores that have them and how many they have left in stock.

what city are you in ? Thank you

#3495 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

This has got me a little worried now. I hope they count who preordered first if it's going to be like this. I was the first at my walmart, so I don't want to get screwed, by them giving it away to those who preordered later than I did.

When did pre-orders at Walmart start? The Walmart I went was a bit clueless on the matter so I hope few people were able to pre-order or tried to there.

The guy that I spoke to in electronics said that they "can't layaway an item that isn't out yet". When I told him you most certainly can, he just repeated it and gave me a bad look.

I swear, Walmart employees get paid too much in my opinion. Not all but the majority I deal with don't even know basic store operations.

#3496 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

When did pre-orders at Walmart start? The Walmart I went was a bit clueless on the matter so I hope few people were able to pre-order or tried to there.

The guy that I spoke to in electronics said that they "can't layaway an item that isn't out yet". When I told him you most certainly can, he just repeated it and gave me a bad look.

I swear, Walmart employees get paid too much in my opinion. Not all but the majority I deal with don't even know basic store operations.

Did u go to the layaway section. That's where you're suppose to do it

#3497 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

Go to the layaway/customer service/site2store area and have a copy of the memo with you. If they still don't know what you're talking about, ask to speak with a manager. They should know.

#3498 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

I never pre-ordered one to begin with. I still haven't been able to come up with a reason to justify getting one. The improved battery life is a plus, but I'll probably just keep my controller plugged in most of the time anyway, so it doesn't really apply to me.

That's the trouble with an equal opportunity employer: they end up hiring a lot of stupid people.

#3499 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

Walmart started it October 14th.

Also, most retail associates only play Ball of Doody and Fadden, so they don't know anything outside of that.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#3500 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Walmart started it October 14th.

Also, most retail associates only play Ball of Doody and Fadden, so they don't know anything outside of that.

Don't make fun of my Call of Duty series, please.

#3501 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

Don't make fun of my Call of Duty series, please.

Carl On Duty :applause: I agree.. CoD is nothing to be messed with.

#3502 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pepsi gizmo... hes the "skater boy" from orange county calif... hes the 1 bying up all the wii u preodrer... store policy says NO RESELLERS so u r breain their code if u r buying them 4 anything other than CHARITY of PERSONAL USE.... so u better cancel ur preorders... luckily i live in md so i can stay away from surfger jerks who thin kthey r cool jus becus they r rich... i have my preorder in and will get it on release DATE.

It's alive!

#3503 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

He PMed something similar to that to me (how did you get it?)

I don't live in The O.C. nor can I even ride a skateboard. He's crazy.

He posted it in this thread lol

Who the hell is that guy and why does every screen name he uses contain something about Pepsi? The dude is obsessed with Pepsi. I remember him saying he refused to use the GameStop coke code, and instead paid full price intentionally lol

#3504 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

My main reason for wanting the Pro controller is to play virtual console games, but I haven't heard if you can use it for that purpose yet. I swear if they still make you hook up a regular Wii classic controller to a Wii mote I'm gonna dump an old box of Nintendo cereal all over Reggie.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#3505 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

My main reason for wanting the Pro controller is to play virtual console games, but I haven't heard if you can use it for that purpose yet. I swear if they still make you hook up a regular Wii classic controller to a Wii mote I'm gonna dump an old box of Nintendo cereal all over Reggie.

That would suck, you would think they could plan things out a little better. I mean what if you never owned a Wii ? They are going to make you a Wii mote and Classic controller? Thats crazy. You should be able to use it on the new games at the very least.
Posted Image

#3506 Chokle

Chokle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

Dunno if this is new information, 180 pages is a lot of pages to catch up on, but the Target by me in Irvine, CA said that the official street date for the presales of the console (at least for the DCPI # from this thread) is 10/30 (next Tuesday) so they didn't have any/wouldn't sell me one.

That being said, any guesses where I'll be going next Tuesday morning before work?

#3507 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

Nope. Pro controller only works for Wii U games.
It will not work for any Wii games including Virtual Console and Wiiware games.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#3508 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

That is wack as hell.

#3509 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

I was just thinking, with Target now allowing people to preorder the Wii U, I guess that makes lining up a memory of the past now? Sure, some hopefuls will line up hoping they have a few left, but Wal-Mart and Target (not sure about Best Buy or Toysrus) never let you preorder a system. You had to wait in line. I'm gonna kinda sorta miss those days...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3510 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

I don't mean to doubt you, but do you have a link that specifically states that the Pro controller cannot be used on virtual console games? I feel like I remember reading that you could not use it for standard Wii games, but I don't remember seeing anything about how virtual console games will be handled. In fact, I feel like Nintendo hasn't said much of anything lately regarding how the virtual console will work on Wii U.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624