The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#3511 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

When did pre-orders at Walmart start? The Walmart I went was a bit clueless on the matter so I hope few people were able to pre-order or tried to there.

The guy that I spoke to in electronics said that they "can't layaway an item that isn't out yet". When I told him you most certainly can, he just repeated it and gave me a bad look.

I swear, Walmart employees get paid too much in my opinion. Not all but the majority I deal with don't even know basic store operations.

here is the Wii U pre-sell instructions from walmart.
https://docs.google....TkV5eFIyUzlncGs

I don't know if they were supposed to give that to me or not, but they gave this to me when I did a layaway. I was the first one to order the layaway girl might have been lost after she gave me the instructions. If your walmart doesn't know what to do you're welcome to print this out and walk them through the instructions yourself...

#3512 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

No Wii U console preorder cards spotted at my local Target, though they did have a few of the game cards out. New SMB U; Zombi U; and I believe Batman: AC. Reserve for $1, get $5 card at pickup, etc.

I found it curious the PS Vita Madden bundle was marked at $.01 on the shelf and in the price checker. I asked the dude working in the dept and he insisted the bundle wasn't marked down in any way. Who knows? This guy seemed fairly clueless.

Sometimes on shelf label strips, they put the price of a fixture item as 1 cent on there and the item number listed is actually for a sign, shipper, or piece of fixture used in that aisle. When you used the price checker, it looked up the price of the fixture piece, not the actual product. They should be covering those 1 cent labels up or cutting them off.

#3513 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

Go to the layaway/customer service/site2store area and have a copy of the memo with you. If they still don't know what you're talking about, ask to speak with a manager. They should know.

I pre-ordered it at the same Walmart that day. Was just saying how the gaming section did not know what they were talking about. I went to customer service and the kind women guided me to layaway where I was able to pre-order the deluxe edition with no problem.

#3514 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

I wonder if Amazon is going to sell the wii u at all. If I recall they don't sell / never sold the 3DS XL so it seems like they may stop carrying newer nintendo consoles for some reason. I am hoping they eventually give in and sell them though, maybe they will post them at midnight on release day. Anyone hear anything or have any opinions on Amazon carrying the the Wii U?

I doubt they will have it.

Here is the article from: http://www.gonintend...story&id=185444

"The Amazon vs. Nintendo squabble about selling 3DS consoles has been dragging on for about a year. Supposedly, it all started off last year when the 3DS launch was less than stellar. Amazon had a lot of unsold 3DS consoles sitting around their warehouses, and they decided to start demanding a bigger wholesaler discount - equal to what Wal-Mart receives. (The Amazon vs. Wal-Mart soap opera is for another thread.)

Anyway, this request was flatly denied. Amazon requested permission to sell the consoles at a discount. Denied again. To strengthen their case, and try to bully their way into the bigger discount, Amazon complained that they have to replace a lot of the systems because of the screen scratching problem, and starting making a big production about sending each and every one back to Nintendo, wanting a full & immediate credit, which started to overwhelm Nintendo's intake for seconds merchandise, which started to make Nintendo really mad, because Amazon was sending over units that had such slight, almost nonexistent problems, that they were not used to being bothered with such trivial things. (Supposedly.) Previously, and for other consoles, Amazon just sold returned (working) consoles at a discount on their "Warehouse Deals" page, which Nintendo doesn't like, but Amazon claimed that they were losing ALL their profit margin on 3DSes with shipping faulty systems back to NOA, as well as dealing with unhappy customers that were leaving and/or not spending as much as previously.

Nintendo smelled bull (and rightly so!) and fired back and said that there WAS no problem with the scratching, and there was no way they were going to piss off all the other big wholesalers by giving Amazon a sweeter deal (when Nintendo already considers Amazon the scourge of the business world for not having any brick & mortar stores - which is why Amazon wasn't getting the Wal-Mart discount in the first place!) Now keep in mind, this was all going down right about the time the price drop was announced, which was another thing that pissed off Amazon. Nobody was buying 3DSes after the price drop was announced, and Amazon does not like having a warehouse full of crap that's not moving. Their business model is structured around moving out cold merchandise by marking stuff down (which of course Nintendo will not allow them to do on consoles.) Then, Nintendo poured gasoline on the fire by permitting Wal-Mart (and only Wal-Mart) to sell consoles at the new, lowered price a couple of days BEFORE the official date of the price drop, without losing their margin on the old stock. Amazon has (reportedly) not bought 3DS consoles direct from NOA since that day. (Though they've occasionally picked up some 3DSes from other wholesalers.) "

#3515 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

I don't mean to doubt you, but do you have a link that specifically states that the Pro controller cannot be used on virtual console games? I feel like I remember reading that you could not use it for standard Wii games, but I don't remember seeing anything about how virtual console games will be handled. In fact, I feel like Nintendo hasn't said much of anything lately regarding how the virtual console will work on Wii U.

Nintendo_Wii_U_controller_pos

Google it if you need more confirmation.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#3516 BigJoe

BigJoe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

In regards to the highly delayed Wii U advertising campaign. Does any one have a clue when we will start seeing commercials for the Wii U in the USA? Im starting to get bored and lose hype over the Wii U. Its getting old having to look through countless pages of threads to find new shards of Wii U info. Does any one have any new info on commercials or anything on the Wii U in the US.....? Anything besides the Walmart Layaway program that has been viciously beaten to death... That Layaway program has been clearly established.

#3517 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

Just to add to this, the WiiU pro controller WILL work with games downloaded off of the new WiiU eShop. It's in all of the official product descriptions through online retailers:

http://www.gamestop....er-black/104811

Legacy virtual console games transferred over from the Wii WILL NOT work with the pro controller since it's been confirmed that all of the transferred games will boot up in a "Wii mode" that only accepts wiimotes, the classic controller, etc.

What we don't know as of yet (and what I'd personally really like to know) is whether already released Virtual Console games will now be re-sold through the WiiU eShop. I imagine that if, say, Super Mario Bros. 3, could be purchased through the eShop, the new pro controller would work.
\\:D/

#3518 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

That article doesn't mention anything about Virtual Console titles. In fact, a number of comments ask about Virtual Console compatibility.

#3519 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

Sometimes on shelf label strips, they put the price of a fixture item as 1 cent on there and the item number listed is actually for a sign, shipper, or piece of fixture used in that aisle. When you used the price checker, it looked up the price of the fixture piece, not the actual product. They should be covering those 1 cent labels up or cutting them off.

Interesting. The description on the price checker said Vita/Madden/Bund or something, so must've just meant the piece of real estate they reserved for it. Thanks for the insight.

#3520 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

here is the Wii U pre-sell instructions from walmart.
https://docs.google....TkV5eFIyUzlncGs

I don't know if they were supposed to give that to me or not, but they gave this to me when I did a layaway. I was the first one to order the layaway girl might have been lost after she gave me the instructions. If your walmart doesn't know what to do you're welcome to print this out and walk them through the instructions yourself...

I gave a copy to a customer that asked for one. Actually, I insisted on giving her a copy so that she wouldn't be confused as to what she needs to do when it came to the balance.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#3521 tomden02

tomden02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Preorder for wii u deluxe 1 game and 1 pro controller 459 back up on Walmart.com
http://www.walmart.c...indingMethod=rr

#3522 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Preorder for wii u deluxe 1 game and 1 pro controller 459 back up on Walmart.com

Probably the one I canceled last night after I got a preorder at Target.

#3523 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

So is the white Wii-U the rare one now?

#3524 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

All the Targets I have called don't have any cards.
One mention they did but had to pull them out due to negative inventory in the system.....
Is this officially out or did they do a mistake of the date to release the cards?

#3525 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Both the Basic AND Deluxe are available now. But I still don't trust preordering from their website. I have a feeling they'll just cancel a bunch of orders again. Good luck to everyone who submits an order! :)

#3526 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

"Your requested quantity is not available. Please choose a smaller quantity."
As of right now.

#3527 thesimplicity

thesimplicity

Bacon McFeast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

I just walked into an FYE this morning and preordered a deluxe model for $50 down. They seemed surprised that I wasn't just going to try my chances on launch day, so I'm guessing they haven't had many preorders.

#3528 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

"Your requested quantity is not available. Please choose a smaller quantity."
As of right now.

I also got this message, but it still lets me go all the way to the checkout screen with the Qty. :hot:??

#3529 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

I just walked into an FYE this morning and preordered a deluxe model for $50 down. They seemed surprised that I wasn't just going to try my chances on launch day, so I'm guessing they haven't had many preorders.

I went to my local FYE earlier this month and they already had 9 deluxe preorders. They also made it seem like they weren't getting many on launch. If you were the first 3 I think you should be okay.

#3530 tomden02

tomden02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Yea I think Walmart getting crushed with orders keep trying

#3531 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Since most people are probably plannign on adding an external drive for expanded storage, should we start tracking or posting external hd deals for the Wii U?

I think Tiger direct had a 1.5 Tb for $59 shipped today, but I'm holding out for better deep discount deals on them.

#3532 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

I doubt they will have it.

Here is the article from: http://www.gonintend...story&id=185444

"The Amazon vs. Nintendo squabble about selling 3DS consoles has been dragging on for about a year. Supposedly, it all started off last year when the 3DS launch was less than stellar. Amazon had a lot of unsold 3DS consoles sitting around their warehouses, and they decided to start demanding a bigger wholesaler discount - equal to what Wal-Mart receives. (The Amazon vs. Wal-Mart soap opera is for another thread.)

Anyway, this request was flatly denied. Amazon requested permission to sell the consoles at a discount. Denied again. To strengthen their case, and try to bully their way into the bigger discount, Amazon complained that they have to replace a lot of the systems because of the screen scratching problem, and starting making a big production about sending each and every one back to Nintendo, wanting a full & immediate credit, which started to overwhelm Nintendo's intake for seconds merchandise, which started to make Nintendo really mad, because Amazon was sending over units that had such slight, almost nonexistent problems, that they were not used to being bothered with such trivial things. (Supposedly.) Previously, and for other consoles, Amazon just sold returned (working) consoles at a discount on their "Warehouse Deals" page, which Nintendo doesn't like, but Amazon claimed that they were losing ALL their profit margin on 3DSes with shipping faulty systems back to NOA, as well as dealing with unhappy customers that were leaving and/or not spending as much as previously.

Nintendo smelled bull (and rightly so!) and fired back and said that there WAS no problem with the scratching, and there was no way they were going to piss off all the other big wholesalers by giving Amazon a sweeter deal (when Nintendo already considers Amazon the scourge of the business world for not having any brick & mortar stores - which is why Amazon wasn't getting the Wal-Mart discount in the first place!) Now keep in mind, this was all going down right about the time the price drop was announced, which was another thing that pissed off Amazon. Nobody was buying 3DSes after the price drop was announced, and Amazon does not like having a warehouse full of crap that's not moving. Their business model is structured around moving out cold merchandise by marking stuff down (which of course Nintendo will not allow them to do on consoles.) Then, Nintendo poured gasoline on the fire by permitting Wal-Mart (and only Wal-Mart) to sell consoles at the new, lowered price a couple of days BEFORE the official date of the price drop, without losing their margin on the old stock. Amazon has (reportedly) not bought 3DS consoles direct from NOA since that day. (Though they've occasionally picked up some 3DSes from other wholesalers.) "

Lol at amazon not selling Nintendo consoles because they have penis envy of Walmart.

#3533 Mogambi

Mogambi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

All the Targets I have called don't have any cards.
One mention they did but had to pull them out due to negative inventory in the system.....
Is this officially out or did they do a mistake of the date to release the cards?

I didn't know Target was reserving these. I just walked in today and grabbed and paid for the $1 reserve card on the deluxe unit!

#3534 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Just played it at Best Buy, thing was pretty amazing. And Rayman just looked gorgeous. Makes me sad its not a launch title anymore, or I'd buy it day one
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3535 Prepster

Prepster

The Bulls are Back!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Just played it at Best Buy, thing was pretty amazing. And Rayman just looked gorgeous. Makes me sad its not a launch title anymore, or I'd buy it day one

See I just played the WiiU at Gamestop and thought it wasn't anything special and the controller felt a little awkward holding it as it's not the lightest thing in the entire world. Rayman did look nice, but I don't think it's worthy of a $60 price point.

Overall I am not very impressed even though I am still buying one. I just hope some of the other games look as nice as Rayman did.

Chi-Town Forever baby!

Posted Image

#3536 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

I didn't know Target was reserving these. I just walked in today and grabbed and paid for the $1 reserve card on the deluxe unit!

Just came back from a Target. I called ahead of time and they said they were in stock after they checked the DCPI. When I got to the store, an associate handed me a card for the white bundle she got from the back. When I asked her nicely to look again, she said that's all they had SMH.. :cry:

One thing to note, though, is that she said they probably aren't supposed to sell them yet. She scanned the card anyway, but it didn't prompt anything.

#3537 sfabo

sfabo

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Just came back from a Target. I called ahead of time and they said they were in stock after they checked the DCPI. When I got to the store, an associate handed me a card for the white bundle she got from the back. When I asked her nicely to look again, she said that's all they had SMH.. :cry:

One thing to note, though, is that she said they probably aren't supposed to sell them yet. She scanned the card anyway, but it didn't prompt anything.

Were the cards located in the Wii section? Or somewhere else

#3538 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

"a card for the white bundle she got from the back."
Posted Image

#3539 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

See I just played the WiiU at Gamestop and thought it wasn't anything special and the controller felt a little awkward holding it as it's not the lightest thing in the entire world. Rayman did look nice, but I don't think it's worthy of a $60 price point.

Overall I am not very impressed even though I am still buying one. I just hope some of the other games look as nice as Rayman did.

Yeah, I have to admit the controller felt weird, but I'm sure I'll get use to it. It was bigger than I thought it was going to be

Also hope someone makes Screen Protectors for it, the one at my store already looked like someone took their keys to it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3540 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

They have cards for the Wii U games which are located in the Wii section. There's no Wii U section (yet).