Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

You can preorder at Best Buy now.
http://www.bestbuy.c...earchterm=wii u

#332 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

I want it from Best Buy, for the RZ points and the RZ certs I have saved up (80 right now, more before November), but I'm not doing it on the website when it charges me up front. I don't think the girlfriend would like seeing that bill.

#333 TheBigHouse

TheBigHouse

All in the game, yo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

How long will GS hold a pre-order? Just realized that the 18th starts Thanksgiving week meaning we'll be out of state that week on vacation.

#334 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

I preorered my copy today. Although I am keeping my Wii to play Gamecube games because I like the GC upscaling with component cables (Some games like SMSunshine and Wind Waker look fantastic). I'd buy GC component cables but they go for 60+ on eBay and I'd end up just losing my money since I would only get around $50 for my Wii anyways.

Edit: @thebighouse I believe you have up to 2 days to pick up your order but if the launch is limited they could possibly change it.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#335 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

How long will GS hold a pre-order? Just realized that the 18th starts Thanksgiving week meaning we'll be out of state that week on vacation.

Probably 48 hours

#336 io

io

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

If you know the people at your GS even a little, you might be able to convince them to hold it for you till you get back. It might help if you also have a few games preordered. YMMV, but worth a shot.

Here's some GAMESTOP WiiU PRE-ORDER INFO (in-store only for now):

- $25 down for PUR members; $50 for non-members
- There will be old hardware system promotion for trade-in towards a WiiU pre-order (http://www.gamestop....ins#wiiutradeup)
--- $50 credit for old Wii system
--- $115 credit for phat PS3 and slim Xbox 360
--- $140 for slim PS3 system
--- $90 for 3DS system, PSVita, or original Xbox 360
--- ADDITIONAL $10 BONUS for PUR members
--- Expires 9/23/12

Hmmm - I may just do this as a way of upgrading my 3DS to an XL - I can buy the XL, transfer everything, then trade in the 3DS towards the Wii U preorder. That gets me the $100 they were offering for the XL trade-in without having to exchange it right then and there for the XL. Hopefully they apply this to preexisting trade-ins.

Exactly, they've lost a shitload of money of the last year. And kids today are much smarter than kids of even 6 years ago when it comes to technology. I can't see any kid clamoring for a Wii U when the slick new PS4 or XBOX 720 hit, regardless of whether it's $50 more for those systems.

Well, I say the opposite - what is a new PS3/360 going to offer beyond the current systems? Pretty much nothing that I can see - just slightly better graphics. Sure, eventually all the games will come out that everyone wants to play but at first there won't be much to them. The Wii U is a big jump over the Wii so I see it as a much more essential upgrade than the PS4/720 will be. If my oldest son wasn't a mega-Xbox fanboy (which, by the way, makes me as anti-Xnox as I can be - wish the thing would die, personally) I'd probably hold off on that for sure. I'm really hoping the rumors of production problems on the chipset causing a delay till 2014 are true - I don't see the need for a new Xbox any time soon.

#337 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

I preorered my copy today. Although I am keeping my Wii to play Gamecube games because I like the GC upscaling with component cables (Some games like SMSunshine and Wind Waker look fantastic). I'd buy GC component cables but they go for 60+ on eBay and I'd end up just losing my money since I would only get around $50 for my Wii anyways.

Edit: @thebighouse I believe you have up to 2 days to pick up your order but if the launch is limited they could possibly change it.

Aren't the component cables for gamecube the same as the one for the wii? I mean the port on the back of the system, im pretty sure its the same
Posted Image

#338 TheBigHouse

TheBigHouse

All in the game, yo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

Thanks for the quick responses. I went ahead and ordered from best buy and will look to cancel my GS in-store preorder as there's no way I could pick it up until the 26th.

#339 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

Thinking about reserving at best buy in store, but is anyone else worried about them overselling the $5 reserves ?

#340 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

I believe they do a "pending" charge that drops off. However in the past when Ive done games like that itll drop off and reappear as pending and drop off i assume to make sure money is there at release.

#341 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

In my experience, when you place an instore pickup order, bestbuy.com will put a temporary hold on your card for 2 to 3 business days. You aren't technically being charged though - it's just checking for availability of credit/funds.

I went with best buy out of convenience and the ability to easily cancel my preorder later if I change my mind about getting the system at launch if it turns out the game that has me most interested (ZombiU) turns out to be not-so-good.
\\:D/

#342 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

I just chatted with a Best Buy rep and they confirmed that you will see a Temporary Authorization charge upon preorder. You will get fully charged once the system is shipped to the store.

#343 dallow

dallow

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

I can't believe people still ask the "do they charge you now?" questions.

#344 Blaster man

Blaster man

Well, I saw the opposite - what is a new PS3/360 going to offer beyond the current systems? Pretty much nothing that I can see - just slightly better graphics. Sure, eventually all the games will come out that everyone wants to play but at first there won't be much to them. The Wii U is a big jump over the Wii so I see it as a much more essential upgrade than the PS4/720 will be. If my oldest son wasn't a mega-Xbox fanboy (which, by the way, makes me as anti-Xnox as I can be - wish the thing would die, personally) I'd probably hold off on that for sure. I'm really hoping the rumors of production problems on the chipset causing a delay toill 2014 are true - I don't see the need for a new Xbox any time soon.

I'm pretty sure they will be a lot better than "slightly" better graphics. For one thing, I'm sure we'll see 1080p at 60fps though possibly not 60fps for games in 3D.

If your computer is good enough, you should up the resolution of this to 720p.

#345 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Aren't the component cables for gamecube the same as the one for the wii? I mean the port on the back of the system, im pretty sure its the same

A quick google search says that they are not the same and the Wii's is different.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#346 starscream615

starscream615

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Thanks for the quick responses. I went ahead and ordered from best buy and will look to cancel my GS in-store preorder as there's no way I could pick it up until the 26th.

Just do it online for instore pickup.

#347 Sillentassasin

Sillentassasin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

You will get charged on pre order

The card you used will be authorized for that amount and a temporary hold will be put on the account for that amount. It will go away in 3 or so days depending on the bank

#348 io

io

Thinking about reserving at best buy in store, but is anyone else worried about them overselling the $5 reserves ?

Yes. Here's a case where I would trust GS's experience in the business over Best Buy's. GS will surely cut them off before they get too many to fulfill - with Best Buy, who the hell knows.

#349 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Goddammit. I really don't even want this that badly. Preordered.

#350 WyldRyce

WyldRyce

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

My 3DS XL pre-order that I did with them for in-store pick up got cancelled the day before release. Not sure why. The charge for it kept disappearing and reappearing several times in my bank account. Definitely annoying.

#351 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:15 PM

Preordered Deluxe at Best Buy. Hopefully Amazon or Newegg lists it as I would rather not pay tax. I can wait a day or two to save $30.

#352 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

Just got done chatting with a BB rep and he said they'll charge your CC the full amount on a Wii U pre-order if ordered online.
He had to put me on hold for a few minutes to check before he gave me an answer.
I'm not sure if that's accurate, so I'm just going to go in store and pre-order.

Even though I don't care too much for nintendo stuff, this should make the kids and wife happy.

#353 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

[IMG]http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1920&bih=972&tbm=isch&tbnid=s0cqnsrJTCUeNM:&imgrefurl=http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/neil-degrasse-tyson-reaction&docid=Y5A-0CH2liDrlM&imgurl=http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg%253F1321408042&w=680&h=511&ei=4GhSUISpOY2a8gSZpIE4&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=393&vpy=153&dur=855&hovh=195&hovw=259&tx=163&ty=104&sig=115658854134917280962&page=1&tbnh=142&tbnw=189&start=0&ndsp=49&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:79[/IMG]

A quick google search says that they are not the same and the Wii's is different.

Alright my bad dude, just trying to help a CAG out......
[IMG]http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1920&bih=972&tbm=isch&tbnid=s0cqnsrJTCUeNM:&imgrefurl=http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/neil-degrasse-tyson-reaction&docid=Y5A-0CH2liDrlM&imgurl=http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg%253F1321408042&w=680&h=511&ei=4GhSUISpOY2a8gSZpIE4&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=393&vpy=153&dur=855&hovh=195&hovw=259&tx=163&ty=104&sig=115658854134917280962&page=1&tbnh=142&tbnw=189&start=0&ndsp=49&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:79[/IMG]
Posted Image

#354 vaxick

vaxick

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

You can preorder at Best Buy now.
http://www.bestbuy.c...earchterm=wii u

Thanks, would rather order it online there than GameStop since Best Buy does free shipping.

#355 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

Yes. Here's a case where I would trust GS's experience in the business over Best Buy's. GS will surely cut them off before they get too many to fulfill - with Best Buy, who the hell knows.

I am trusting no one. I preordered 1 at my local gamestop (1st in line) and I also preordered one at Best Buy. (I'm really hoping BBY doesn't mess it up since I have enough trade in credit to buy one) If/When it shows up on Amazon I will preorder one there as well. I learned my lesson last console release, do not put all your eggs in one basket. I'm just hoping to get one :D if I end up with an extra I'll offer it to a few friends at cost or if they aren't interested just return one of them

#356 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

One thing that is a plus about the Wii U is that it actually ships with an HDMI cable.

Oh yeah, I really hope Nintendoland comes in a box and not a slip like Wii Sports and New Super Mario Bros did with wii.

#357 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

C'mon $10!
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#358 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

thanks OP. i had $300 BB credit to use.

#359 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

haha yeah, you can never trust gamestop with this stuff, period.
Posted Image

#360 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

One thing that is a plus about the Wii U is that it actually ships with an HDMI cable.

I was surprised to see that too. That alone is worth $150!! ;)