The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#4081 AutoPilotOff

AutoPilotOff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

I bought 6 pre order cards at target. 4 and 2(wife). I left 2 black and 2 white on the hooks thus not being a complete douche. Sold both whites for 50$ already and one black for 75$ to people too lazy to go shopping or just wait in a line.

wow people are buying the cards? They had a bunch at Target yesterday still...

#4082 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Damn the Bestbuy in my hometown is doing a midnight launch. I woulda loved to be there for that. I camped their for the Wii and it was just so much fun, my store recieved 84 units but by the time the store opened the line had wrapped around the entire mall and had over 500 people. Obviously with preorders its different but it woulda still been fun to show up at midnight.

Im at college so the one up here is as dead as a rock and I bet I will be the only one even getting the system up here. Hell the bestbuy up here isnt even getting demo units cuz its so small. neither is the gamestop.

Obviously the benefit is that the Wii U will be easy to get even without preorder, but I MISS the hype, at home theirs so much hype, here its dead!

#4083 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

wow people are buying the cards? They had a bunch at Target yesterday still...

It's because people feel that they are going to miss out. I remember when the wii came out and people were paying stupid amounts of money. I waited a couple weeks, walked into a Gamestop and bought one with no problem. These will be the same way.

#4084 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

It's because people feel that they are going to miss out. I remember when the wii came out and people were paying stupid amounts of money. I waited a couple weeks, walked into a Gamestop and bought one with no problem. These will be the same way.

Then you got lucky as Fuck or your specific area is Wiitarded. I had to wait over 9 months to get my "christmas present" and I called stores every day.

#4085 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I live right outside the Houston area, so maybe it was luck lol.

#4086 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'm not so sure. I have read that the factory making WiiU is also making all the Ipad's, Ipad mini, Ipods and Macbooks... I bet nintendo is not their priority if this is the case.

#4087 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Also I made sure when I purchased the cards that they would get one 100% Our Target is out of them now... I was going to buy more lol

#4088 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Yeah, I read that Nintendo only made something like 1 million units for the US. People will once again be paying stupid money on ebay for these.

#4089 Triz

Triz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Ill just cross link the contest link.

http://www.cheapassg...t=330712&page=7

This is where you can win a console. I won one and thats why I created the thread here.

#4090 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

I'm going to BK for lunch now... :)

Bleh, no thanks. You can get a freebie code once per day and avoid the fat, calories and everything else Burger King brings with it.

#4091 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Bleh, no thanks. You can get a freebie code once per day and avoid the fat, calories and everything else Burger King brings with it.

May I suggest the Bacon Sundae?

#4092 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

May I suggest the Bacon Sundae?

Why not inject the fat directly into my arteries and cut out the middleman?

#4093 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Why not inject the fat directly into my arteries and cut out the middleman?

You can do that? Where do I sign up? Burgerking.com?

#4094 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

You can do that? Where do I sign up? Burgerking.com?

I'm sure it'll be a service they're offering soon.

#4095 Grimms

Grimms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

I already got NSMB Wii U and Zombie U paid off at Gamestop. Just waiting until the 18th to pick up my black deluxe unit from Target. Was able to finally snag a preorder card at my local Target. Amped!

#4096 mBucket

mBucket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

I already got NSMB Wii U and Zombie U paid off at Gamestop. Just waiting until the 18th to pick up my black deluxe unit from Target. Was able to finally snag a preorder card at my local Target. Amped!

I've got Mario and ZombiU pre-ordered through Newegg for only $48. They keep sending those coupon codes out but they wised up and they aren't good for Wii U pre-orders anymore which sucks. Only negative is you won't have the games launch day. Guess I'll make due with Nintendo Land.

I've got a reservation card for Target too, just hope everything goes smoothly and I can pick it up without hassle.

#4097 tdn327

tdn327

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

I bought 6 pre order cards at target. 4 and 2(wife). I left 2 black and 2 white on the hooks thus not being a complete douche. Sold both whites for 50$ already and one black for 75$ to people too lazy to go shopping or just wait in a line.

you can sell the preorder cards anywhere? and claim for the preorder at any target?

#4098 Akridsky

Akridsky

Old and Tired

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

you can sell the preorder cards anywhere? and claim for the preorder at any target?

No. Probably sold them locally.

#4099 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

I've got Mario and ZombiU pre-ordered through Newegg for only $48. They keep sending those coupon codes out but they wised up and they aren't good for Wii U pre-orders anymore which sucks. Only negative is you won't have the games launch day. Guess I'll make due with Nintendo Land.

I've got a reservation card for Target too, just hope everything goes smoothly and I can pick it up without hassle.

Some people have reported getting games a few days early from NewEgg. I'm not holding my breath, but if Scribblenauts and NSMBWU come early, I won't complain.

#4100 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I didn't realize those were available at newegg for only 48. I am going to try to only buy one game or perhaps just use the nintendoland copy that comes with the deluxe for a week in hopes that wii u games will be on sale for 45-50 on black friday

#4101 BGriffith

BGriffith

Am I saying meow?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Some people have reported getting games a few days early from NewEgg. I'm not holding my breath, but if Scribblenauts and NSMBWU come early, I won't complain.

I got zombie u, scriblenauts, mass effect 3, assassins creed 3, and skylanders giants on reserve at newegg so hopefully they will ship early. I got my deluxe wii u and black ops 2 fully paid off at my EB games just need to pay off nsmbu and I'm good to go! Getting so pumped for this launch really hope my EB will do a midnight launch as well!

#4102 swarmster

swarmster

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

I ordered AC3 from Newegg for Xbox. Was "packaging" all day Tuesday, shipped Wednesday, and arrived today. So yeah, definitely don't hold your breath. Mario has the benefit of launching on a Sunday, but I'm still probably going to have to change my delivery address to where I'll be for Thanksgiving.

#4103 DTB420

DTB420

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

well I just got back from Target, an asked about the pre order cards since I have 3 of them, 1 for me, 1 for my brothers kids, an other for my cousin, and the manger said I need the recipe when I come in to show I bought the cards from their store so I was like alright cool I have it with the cards.

#4104 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

well I just got back from Target, an asked about the pre order cards since I have 3 of them, 1 for me, 1 for my brothers kids, an other for my cousin, and the manger said I need the recipe when I come in to show I bought the cards from their store so I was like alright cool I have it with the cards.

I hope that's not the case...or hope they can pull it up on their system. I doubt I have mine anymore. I thought that was the reason they scanned in the card at purchase...

#4105 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

If you come in with recipes you probably won't get a WiiU. Unless of course its for something really delicious or the Colonels secret blend of herbs and spices - thats shits valuable

#4106 DTB420

DTB420

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I hope that's not the case...or hope they can pull it up on their system. I doubt I have mine anymore. I thought that was the reason they scanned in the card at purchase...

yea but anyone can walk out with those cards and not buy them that's what the manager told me that's why he said to bring the recipe with me when I pick it up just for proof I guess.

#4107 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

I think the recipe for Wii U cards is paper, red and black die # 2 & 4 ....Oh and a pinch of salt wink!
Posted Image

#4108 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Recipe? What are you guys cooking?

#4109 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

I think the recipe for Wii U cards is paper, red and black die # 2 & 4 ....Oh and a pinch of salt wink!

That's Dungeons and Dragons. NOOB!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4110 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

paid off my deluxe wii u at gamestop today. owe about 20 more dollars on each nsmbu and zombiu. getting pretty excited for launch. Bayonetta 2 is definitely the game i'm most eager to get for the system. and of course any zelda game down the road