The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#4141 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

My Best Buy isn't doing a midnight launch. That's probably better for me anyway as I'm finally getting my wisdom teeth removed a few days before. Wonder if my GameStop is, but I don't want to go wait out at midnight for my backup console.

weird, im getting my wisdom teeth removed a few days before the wii u launch also.

my best buy having a wii u midnight launch! free cinch sacks for everyone! (nvm first 50 but i doubt that many people will be there...)

#4142 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

weird, im getting my wisdom teeth removed a few days before the wii u launch also.

my best buy having a wii u midnight launch! free cinch sacks for everyone! (nvm first 50 but i doubt that many people will be there...)

My wisdom teeth have already erupted, so my dentist says it should be a simple procedure. Hopefully yours are as well. Best of luck, mate. For the both of us.

#4143 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

My wisdom teeth have already erupted, so my dentist says it should be a simple procedure. Hopefully yours are as well. Best of luck, mate. For the both of us.

yeah mine as well and apparently my doc says he makes tiny incisions so recovery is a day. best of luck as well and thanks!

tried pre ordering new super mario u at bb but system didnt let me. weird...

#4144 Theswweet

Theswweet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Welp. My Classic Controller Pro broke.

So, I either go without playing Tri with the good control scheme for a few weeks, or only get one game on launch.

Fuck.

#4145 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Perhaps that other person having wisdom teeth removed is you in an alternate universe that connects with ours via CAG.com. If it is you from an alternate universe, do not make physical contact. Just high five wearing gloves.

#4146 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I hope my Gamestop has a midnight launch cause I'll be coming home from the bar after watching UFC 154: St. Pierre Vs. Condit saturday night and Gamestop is on my way home.
Posted Image

#4147 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

walmart has it
http://www.walmart.c...-Wii-U/21092438

edit: there is no portal owner pack only the one with portal for wii U

Sorry, but there are quite a few references to it on the web, like the one at the link included.

http://www.wired.com...nts-pre-orders/

But I haven't seen a preorder for it anywhere.

#4148 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Perhaps that other person having wisdom teeth removed is you in an alternate universe that connects with ours via CAG.com. If it is you from an alternate universe, do not make physical contact. Just high five wearing gloves.

Lol.

#4149 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

bought 2 of the cards at target tonight

dude claimed they wernt doing preorders but i gave him that number from this thread and he punched it up and found it in the back

bought a wii in 07 but hardly ever played it, hopefully this one will be a big upgrade this time around

#4150 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Just had mine removed not too long ago. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4151 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

I just put 50 dollars more on my layway at walmart. I did it just to make sure my account is active. Don't know if it matters, but I would like to make sure the system sees that I keep working on my preorder

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#4152 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

is espn sports connection basically an espn branded wii sports clone?

going through now what games i want on launch?

#4153 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Sorry to put this thread back on topic but I got to try the Wii U today. Definitely seems current gen to me but Rayman looked great. I don't know if I can play Black Ops II on that small screen.

#4154 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

Sorry to put this thread back on topic but I got to try the Wii U today. Definitely seems current gen to me but Rayman looked great. I don't know if I can play Black Ops II on that small screen.

That's a huge reason of why I'm getting a Wii U. To be able to play games like Blacks Ops 2 on the small screen.

#4155 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

I, too, played it today for the first time. Rayman was a lot a fun. It was difficult adjusting to the multiplayer at first, but my girlfriend and I had a blast. I'm thinking about getting it when it releases but I'm unsure. Never played a Rayman game before, so I don't have any attachment to the property.

#4156 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

wii u deluxe all paid off.

Posted Image

Auen1.png?7125

#4157 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

The store I work at has the Wii U display but no playable demos. What a disappointment. :(

#4158 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

I'm afraid we're gonna get burned by Nintendo as far as playing games on the controller. The whole reason I bought the Vita was for remote play, and look how that turned out, with Sony leaving it up to the developers as to whether or not they wanted to support it, and of course none do.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#4159 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

I didnt know Zombie U had a Multiplayer mode...makes me more excited about it.

RTS vs FPS is a pretty great concept and one that takes advantage of the systems unique setup.

#4160 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

RTS vs FPS is a pretty great concept and one that takes advantage of the systems unique setup.

This is what gets me pumped, my gf thinks being "the zombie master" while I run around and try to defend would be amazing.

#4161 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

launch lineup is impressive

i remember when the ps3 and wii launched and i could barely find one game worth buying

#4162 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

I'm afraid we're gonna get burned by Nintendo as far as playing games on the controller. The whole reason I bought the Vita was for remote play, and look how that turned out, with Sony leaving it up to the developers as to whether or not they wanted to support it, and of course none do.

well the only difference here is that developers didn't want to do the ps3/vita thing since not veryone that bought a vita had a ps3 and vise versa, where as with the Wii u, everyone has the tablet controller and apparently it's stuper easy to get video output onto the controller so I see a lot of people doing it. glad

and damn all these hands on with NSMBU make me want the game even more. Basically an Hd Super Mario world? YES

#4163 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

well the only difference here is that developers didn't want to do the ps3/vita thing since not veryone that bought a vita had a ps3 and vise versa, where as with the Wii u, everyone has the tablet controller and apparently it's stuper easy to get video output onto the controller so I see a lot of people doing it. glad

and damn all these hands on with NSMBU make me want the game even more. Basically an Hd Super Mario world? YES

I got that one coming too, I think its going to be an amazing co-op game.

#4164 io

io

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

OK, this is the second time I've had to clean up this thread. I thought you guys might get a clue the first time I did it but it just kept happening.

And by the way, while Paladinion maybe didn't handle it in the right way (and used some goofy language in explaining his situation), I think you guys were way too harsh and exhibited some scary mob mentality in attacking him.

I actually had the same thing happen to me, and also got the additional credit for the trade-in after the fact (though it was all very pleasant and no one got anyone by the balls or anything ;)).

Maybe he didn't explain it well enough but a few weeks back GS had a trade-in promo on hardware and advertized it as a Power Up Rewards exclusive promo. On the very last day I (and many other CAGs) decided to take advantage of the deal since it seemed like the prices would go back down to their usual low levels the next day. It turned out instead that they offered a DOUBLE trade-in promo the very next day which resulted in as much as $60-$80 more for some systems than the "exclusive" promo we were being advertized. I certainlly wouldn't have blamed the clerk for that (as they often don't know about deals like that in advance - and in fact the new deal was not advertized at all before hand or otherwise we would have known about it here). But it was a pretty sleazy thing for GS corporate to push a "PUR exclusive" offer then hose people with a much better one the day after it expired. A helpful store manager got me the extra credit the very next day and I walked away a happy customer.

Sure, Paladinion could have handled it better (and explained what happened better) - no argument there. But no one could have researched the deal and known about it in advance and thus held off on what they thought was the best promo going at the time. There was no info on it till the day it went live.

Edited by io, 04 November 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#4165 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

OK, this is the second time I've had to clean up this thread. I thought you guys might get a clue the first time I did it but it just kept happening.

And by the way, while Paladinion maybe didn't handle it in the right way (and used some goofy language in explaining his situation), I think you guys were way too harsh and exhibited some scary mob mentality in attacking him.

I actually had the same thing happen to me, and also got the additional credit for the trade-in after the fact (though it was all very pleasant and no one got anyone by the balls or anything ;)).

Maybe he didn't explain it well enough but a few weeks back GS had a trade-in promo on hardware and advertized it as a Power Up Rewards exclusive promo. On the very last day I (and many other CAGs) decided to take advantage of the deal since it seemed like the prices would go back down to their usual low levels the next day. It turned out instead that they offered a DOUBLE trade-in promo the very next day which resulted in as much as $60-$80 more for some systems than the "exclusive" promo we were being advertized. I certainlly wouldn't have blamed the clerk for that (as they often don't know about deals like that in advance - and in fact the new deal was not advertized at all before hand or otherwise we would have known about it here). But it was a pretty sleazy thing for GS corporate to push a "PUR exclusive" offer then hose people with a much better one the day after it expired. A helpful store manager got me the extra credit the very next day and I walked away a happy customer.

Sure, Paladinion could have handled it better (and explained what happened better) - no argument there. But no one could have researched the deal and known about it in advance and thus held off on what they thought was the best promo going at the time. There was no info on it till the day it went live.

Sorry. :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4166 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

@io, I think Paladinion was so heated because of yours and others success stories.

#4167 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

Hell of a lot better then I explained it....i tried to be civil in store but the manager was just being unreasonable. So that's when I went to corporate, then they called the DM yada yada, long story short I got my credit. Its hard to get anything done with employees in store since they either don't know, or don't have the clearance to do something. It took the DM there in order for me to get my extra credit.

But enough about my struggles, I forgive you all and just want to get back on track with our excitement for the Wii U!

Edit: Also and next time, ill try not to grab balls..

Edited by Paladinion, 04 November 2012 - 06:16 AM.
Balls

#4168 io

io

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

However, it really had very little to do with Wii U preorders anyway and last I checked this is the thread for that, right?

BTW, I saw a Wii U demo unit in Target today that did not have the Rayman demo activated. That was strange since the GS one did have that active a few days ago. I'm not even sure what the point of the demo unit is as the majority of people who stumble upon that not knowing what it is already are most likely not getting one any time soon anyway. But I guess Nintendo does need to get the system out in the public regardless of preorder sellouts.

#4169 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

I just put 50 dollars more on my layway at walmart. I did it just to make sure my account is active. Don't know if it matters, but I would like to make sure the system sees that I keep working on my preorder

My Walmart told me I had to put money on it every 30 days to keep it active. Since I preordered the first day, that means I have to put money on it once before the Wii launch. She said if I didn't pay anything-- even like $10, I'd lose it.

Seems truly bizarre and I don't see anyone else mentioning being told that, but I should probably make a trip up to Walmart to put $10 more on it just to be safe.

Haven't seen a Wii U card at Target yet. One told me they wouldn't have them, then the next day was sold out (figures), but then assured me they'd get more before launch. Another was sold out and no hope of restock, according to sales person. I don't think Target knows what is going on to be honest.

#4170 htz

htz

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

Haven't seen a Wii U card at Target yet. One told me they wouldn't have them, then the next day was sold out (figures), but then assured me they'd get more before launch. Another was sold out and no hope of restock, according to sales person. I don't think Target knows what is going on to be honest.

It also doesn't help that stores like Best Buy and Target are filled with clueless seasonal employees right now. I myself will be holding out on the Wii U until the game reviews come in to see how they run on the console but I will be watching this thread closely on launch day to read all the interesting stories.