Photo
- - - - -

The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#391 Valanthos

Valanthos

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

i really dont understand why they only managed 32gb of internal storage that is a damn joke, smh , like another poster said theres only 1 choice its the deluxe, the basic one with 8gb storage is a waste of $

It may be small amounts of storage but it's flash memory. I.e. solid state. If you keep the games you're currently playing on it and store the rest on a USB hd, it'll actually be a pretty smart solution performance-wise.

#392 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

I am a crazy Nintendo fan and have owned every single system, console and handheld, Day 1, since the SNES, but I can honestly say that the Wii was the overall biggest letdown I ever experienced. I even loved the Gamecube which was bashed so much. I know that many games were playable on the Wii, and I still played every second of Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and probably a couple dozen others, but I have played literally hundreds of games on the Xbox and PS3 this generation. It saddens me that I feel this way, but I just don't care about the Wii U much at all. I hope I'm wrong and it has great games that get pumped out all the time, but I have a feeling it basically will port over a ton of stuff we've already played and give us 3-6 great games and then just be another Wii clone with tons of shovelware and a great game every 6 months or so if we're lucky.

#393 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

I bare no hard feelings for game stop I just don't know the manager or anyone at my local store. The store has been barely open for 6 months and its not a place a normally go to so hence my reason for being hesitant even though I'm first in line and I preordered it from the Manger. I was there when they opened so I don't know how many if any preorders they have taken today since I was there.

I know the gaming people a lot better at best buy, but who knows how or if there system will keep track of who preordered first and I'm not sure the Gaming department will have a whole lot of control over it.

We are planning on having a launch party/b-day party so I really want one on launch day.

From what I remember with the 3ds and vita preorders at best buy, they put aside all the systems that the computer told them they had reserved. No customer info, phone numbers, etc... But they had More than enough to cover pre orders since ...since they both flopped day one. For an actual console... I bet they will oversell. Last time I got a console day one from best buy I camped out since there were no pre orders.

#394 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

Just posted this in the GS preorder thread because I didn't see this one. I just did an order for store pickup. I plan to stockpile some store credit between now and release by trading some games. Do you guys think they will give me trouble about cancelling my store pickup so I can pay with my credit? This has been okay in the past with small items, but I didn't know if this would be a problem since this will probably be a highly sought item.

GameStop are bad I ave trouble canceling online order

#395 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

"Not a deal"

Then dont post it in here!!

#396 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

Just posted this in the GS preorder thread because I didn't see this one. I just did an order for store pickup. I plan to stockpile some store credit between now and release by trading some games. Do you guys think they will give me trouble about cancelling my store pickup so I can pay with my credit? This has been okay in the past with small items, but I didn't know if this would be a problem since this will probably be a highly sought item.

Return; rebuy. May need to wait a day after pickup. But, usually they can do it pretty quickly after a pickup.

#397 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

I used to work at a Gamestop as SM, let me just tell you, incase you have not heard, that SM is full of it. He/she would say the same thing to get you to preorder ANYTHING, there is no way to know his allocation, as its not even up to him....
I was there for the 360 launch, I had to make several phone calls telling people that they were not getting their system at launch and had to wait a week, it was a BIG problem that happened all over the country, not just Gamestop, but there we were, selling preorders the same way because thats what corporate wanted......

I can confirm this. Dont listen to the promises. Preorder early as possible. Its not up to Gamestop how many Nintendo ships out on week 1.

card.png

~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#398 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

how much do you have to put down in store at best buy to pre-order this?

#399 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Didn't see this mentioned - remember that only Wii motion + remotes work with the Wii U.

Not sure if that means regular Wii remotes with the motion plus attachment will work or not, but be warned if you think your regular Wii remotes will work with this.

Reggie has said multiple times that all Wii peripherals will be Wii U compatible.

uc.png

#400 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Can someone explain why this system is using a 2008 chip/gpu?

Probably to keep the overall cost of the system in check after accounting for the excessive costs involved with the controller.

#401 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Am I the only person more excited for OUYA in early 2013 than this?
http://www.ouya.tv/

Already backed that project. =p

card.png

~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#402 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

Dear Lord, I hope to never have to camp out again. I did for the PS3 and 360 and it was nasty cold. I bought 5 PS3's and didn't sell one for a profit and ended up returning all but one for a store refund. Big fail on my part. I sold 2 extra 360's for a profit. My timing was right twice when a truck was delivering Wii's and bought 2 each time. Doubled my money for them in the BB parking lot the same day. I plan on getting a couple of extra Wii U's and see what happens.

#403 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

I know this does not confirm any shipment numbers but Michael Pacher who has been bashing the system since e3 had a change of heart today. He s estimating 1million produced a month starting this month and sell outs till April. Now 1 million divided among three territories during x mas season... Might be right.

#404 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

Just be aware that if you are ordering from BestBuy, you'll randomly see those temporary charges maybe every 2-3 weeks as well. I have stuff on pre-order that doesn't ship until sometime in December and each 2-3 weeks BestBuy will re-try your card to make sure it's still valid and hold the full amount of the order against your credit for a few days. Just make sure you always have the $349.99 plus tax if applicable free on your card or they will cancel the order if they can't get that authorization to the card.

#405 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

I know this does not confirm any shipment numbers but Michael Pacher who has been bashing the system since e3 had a change of heart today. He s estimating 1million produced a month starting this month and sell outs till April. Now 1 million divided among three territories during x mas season... Might be right.

ugh, Pacher..... Whenever I see that name I shudder. He is barely ever even close to being on the money. He talked about how the 3DS launch would be a success among other of his major bloopers:roll:
Posted Image

#406 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

well i waited all day for amazon and i finally decided to head to my GS, put $25 down on the premium, guy said they only had 4 other preorders today so i should be good for launch day,

can anyone confirm their sku for deluxe is 020358?

#407 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

well i waited all day for amazon and i finally decided to head to my GS, put $25 down on the premium, guy said they only had 4 other preorders today so i should be good for launch day,

can anyone confirm their sku for deluxe is 020358?

check the first post in the thread........;)
Posted Image

#408 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

Thanks OP. I'll be laughing at the campers when I pick up my Wii U Deluxe and NSMBU on Sunday morning.

The only way to make this scenario happen is to take a walk in a National Park with your WiiU.

Looks like the entire CAGCast crew got the pricing/package predictions wrong. Nintendo gives you dick-all for $300.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#409 Techman16

Techman16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

I really like the direction that nintendo is heading so far. Promising exclusives such as Bayonetta 2, Zombie U, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge really get a more adult gamer, such as myself, intrested in what this system will turn out.

#410 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:59 AM

check the first post in the thread........;)

lol thanks didnt realize it had been updated with the sku's

#411 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

I really like the direction that nintendo is heading so far. Promising exclusives such as Bayonetta 2, Zombie U, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge really get a more adult gamer, such as myself, intrested in what this system will turn out.

Colonial Marines isn't exclusive and NG is a revamped port ala Sigma... Also Bayonetta has no ESRB yet, and with Nintendo actually publishing it, just watch it turn into a high end T rating.....
Posted Image

#412 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So they announced that the Gamepad will not be sold in NA as a separate accessory since there are no launch games that uses both. They want to maximize the amount of consoles the can produce. O.K. That is fine but what if I break mine? Will I need to lay down $300 for a whole new system? Seems like this will cause problems.

#413 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

how much do you have to put down in store at best buy to pre-order this?

Just got back from there, $5. The guy before me put 7 pre-orders in.

#414 Shangralia2005

Shangralia2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

Pre-Ordered the deluxe version(SKU 020358) after work 4:30EST I was the 7th person to pre-order today from that store. He said the first 10 people would have priority at the midnight launch(whatever that means).

Put $25 deposit as a Power Up Rewards Pro member.

Its normally $50 deposit if not a member.

#415 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

So this is my 2nd console launch (if you count the 3DS) that I'll be able to get a system at launch, what now that I am a working man and all so I'm hoping more experienced CAG'S can help me out. Is there any chance at all someone will have some pre-order bonuses on a WiiU? Maybe a free game or gift card? I was able to get $25 gift card at Best Buy when I bought my 3DS on launch day but that was a local thing, I seem to remember K-Mart giving away a free game to anyone who bought 3DS at launch...

I was just going to pre-order at Amazon since I have tons of credit with them, but apparently that's not going to be an option for some reason....
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#416 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

So this is my 2nd console launch (if you count the 3DS) that I'll be able to get a system at launch, what now that I am a working man and all so I'm hoping more experienced CAG'S can help me out. Is there any chance at all someone will have some pre-order bonuses on a WiiU? Maybe a free game or something? I was able to get $25 gift card at Best Buy when I bought my 3DS on launch day but that was a local thing, I seem to remember K-Mart giving away a free game to anyone who bought 3DS at launch...

Who knows though with a Christmas launch, very unlikely. Now if you are willing to wait until after Christmas you might see something.

#417 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:11 AM

ok thanks will pre-order in store tomorrow

#418 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:11 AM

this is exactly why bestbuy will turn into a madhouse, how do they let 1 person put in SEVEN preorders smh...

#419 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Why people feel the need to hoard to earn a small profit is beyond me, if you think you are gonna be able to sell a WiiU for more than $350 ($400 if you are lucky) you deserve whatever destitution you get. It's a shame the store let you refund the consoles....

here on CAG people are out to save money or sometimes make money. Not sure why this is so unheard of. When the 360/PS3 came out they were going on ebay for 800-1000 (double the price) so one would have to assume that the Wii U if sold out should be able to fetch at least $500 each...more than enough to warrant the 5 seconds it takes to place the extra order.

#420 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

I decided not to go and preorder at GS today. I felt like after 5 PM when I got out of work, I would of already been shafted out of first go. I might check this redneck one tomorrow after work, but not getting my hopes up.

I will probably just grab it off Amazon or Newegg. Nintendo lists Amazon as a preorder location on their website so who knows.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly