The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#4351 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

Saw my wii U today. I told the Walmart layaway chick I wanted to make sure I was not screwed for paying it off. I read on another forum about their layaway screwing up orders that get paid up early. Anyway she found my name in the folder and went back and took a pic on her phone and showed me mine with my named receipt on it. Customer service at Walmart? They had 3 total wii U's so far.

shoulda slipped her 20 bucks and she prolly woulda let u buy it

#4352 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

Saw my wii U today. I told the Walmart layaway chick I wanted to make sure I was not screwed for paying it off. I read on another forum about their layaway screwing up orders that get paid up early. Anyway she found my name in the folder and went back and took a pic on her phone and showed me mine with my named receipt on it. Customer service at Walmart? They had 3 total wii U's so far.

Like a picture of the actual Wii U?

Also, don't know if I should get mine right now at launch or save it for Christmas seeing as it's layaway.

Extra money in the pockets wouldn't be such a bad idea.

#4353 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

I read on another forum about their layaway screwing up orders that get paid up early.

You can pay off everything except for a penny, and the associates are instructed to leave at least a penny on the layaway account. As long as you don't pay off that last penny (which they shouldn't let you do in the first place), you should be fine.

PSN = madcatz1999

#4354 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

You can pay off everything except for a penny, and the associates are instructed to leave at least a penny on the layaway account. As long as you don't pay off that last penny (which they shouldn't let you do in the first place), you should be fine.

He already paid it off though.

#4355 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

i don't know where you live but in my neck of the woods they couldn't be found for over a year.

Ditto.

#4356 shrinky215

shrinky215

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

Thanks, I'm not 100% sure I really want it, but i'm sure my 7 year old would like it as a Father Son Xmas gift. I'm assuming I can return it within 30 days if I change my mind.

The holiday return period should be in effect by then, if it is, you'd have until Jan. 15th to return it.

#4357 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

Yeah, they should hold the preorder for 2 days. But with something as hot as this, there's always a chance it could get released just a bit earlier by mistake.

When Diablo III came out, the guys at my local Gamestop were chomping at the bit to sell my Collector's Edition to somebody else. It was sitting on the shelf on display behind the counter with my receipt taped to it, versus in a case or under a register.

When I asked them about it, they said, "Well, we weren't sure if you were going to come in and claim it." This was the day of release. I'm sorry if I'm just not cool enough to come to your midnight release, bro.

My advice: pick it up the day of, or at least call the GameStop and let them know you're coming the next day. Have them tape a note to it that says, "DO NOT SELL" or some such. I don't know. I feel like they're not going to try very hard to keep it there for you.

#4358 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

The holiday return period should be in effect by then, if it is, you'd have until Jan. 15th to return it.

Is Walmart doing this, or just Best Buy?

#4359 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

My advice: pick it up the day of, or at least call the GameStop and let them know you're coming the next day. Have them tape a note to it that says, "DO NOT SELL" or some such. I don't know. I feel like they're not going to try very hard to keep it there for you.

This. The longer your system sits in a backroom. The better chance there is of an accident happening. If some soccer mom comes in ready to burn the store down, I wouldn't be surprised if the clerk pulled a random system from the sold pile. Never assume that your system is there, even if it is paid off.

I need a new signature.

#4360 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

Uh oh....

A Storm-Battered Supply Chain Threatens Holiday Shopping
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4361 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

Well, since its shipping from China/Japan,id assume it would be coming from the west coast and not the east.

#4362 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

You can search at the link below to see if any of the Wii U kiosks are near you.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/events

Well, that explains why I haven't seen the damn thing yet. I don't know how accurate it is, but according to that page, there is only ONE kiosk in my entire county. And that one copy just happens to be at our Best Buy, which means I'm not going to bother. Their aisles can only accommodate one person walking through at a time and there is always a super long wait for the game demos for the old consoles. There's no way it's worth the hassle of dealing with cramped quarters, annoying kids, rude assholes, and employees that bug you every five minutes. Besides, I kinda wanted to wait until actually getting it home anyway; it's more exciting that way.

When Diablo III came out, the guys at my local Gamestop were chomping at the bit to sell my Collector's Edition to somebody else. It was sitting on the shelf on display behind the counter with my receipt taped to it, versus in a case or under a register.

When I asked them about it, they said, "Well, we weren't sure if you were going to come in and claim it." This was the day of release. I'm sorry if I'm just not cool enough to come to your midnight release, bro.

That sounds about right. Other stores will do it too, but GameStop seems especially bad about it. You can't even make a site-to-store order and trust that your game will be held long enough for you to drive over there.

#4363 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I paid off my Wii-U pre-order yesterday at gamestop and apparently they won't have a midnight release as of now.

I need a new signature.

#4364 flamey

flamey

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hsn.com currently has both black and white wii u bundles (everything normally included plus a headset) for 499 and 449 respectively (4 flex pays of 124 or 112). Thought I'd post it here since they only do 50 second presentations on tv. Figured there'd still be other people looking for a preorder. Got lucky yesterday (ordered deluxe before it aired on tv).

Edited by flamey, 06 November 2012 - 02:15 PM.
grammar

#4365 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

I heard Nintendo was supposedly flipping the switch on some new demos this week. As of Saturday, my Best Buy only had the Rayman demo (weird, seeing that it's not even a launch title anymore). Anyone know anything about them enabling demos of Mario or ZombiU?

#4366 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

ZombiU probably won't get a demo in stores. Someone explained it a while back, but basically, it's to protect minors.

#4367 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

ZombiU probably won't get a demo in stores. Someone explained it a while back, but basically, it's to protect minors.

Makes sense. I'd still like to get my hands on Mario, NintendoLand, and a bunch of the other launch titles, though. I think Rayman was a poor choice. I watched a bunch of kids play the demo for a while and they all got frustrated and left. Kids these days aren't used to playing sidescrollers...

#4368 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Have a quick question, i just bought 3 of those pre-sale card at targets last night, I have to pay $5 for each card.

First, does it limits to two unit per person? if it does i might have to bring somone with me.
Second, the guy at check out told me i can go any target to "claim/buy" my Wii U on release day, is that correct??
Third, do i need my receipt to buy it?

thanks

P.S. Anyone hear any update on the pre-order from bestbuy yet?
Check out my Trade List!!!!
http://www.cheapassg...858#post4458858

#4369 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

So... I get a call from Chase Fraud Protection about the charge from Walmart. Apparently they declined authorization for me and I had to have a 3-way call with a rep from Chase and Walmart.

Basically my pre-order is cancelled because they can't re-process that order, only place a new one. And seeing how it's sold out, I'm fucked.

The hell is this shit. Order placed on 9/16 and their broken ass pre-order system screws me out of my system.

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#4370 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Have a quick question, i just bought 3 of those pre-sale card at targets last night, I have to pay $5 for each card.

First, does it limits to two unit per person? if it does i might have to bring somone with me.
Second, the guy at check out told me i can go any target to "claim/buy" my Wii U on release day, is that correct??
Third, do i need my receipt to buy it?

thanks

P.S. Anyone hear any update on the pre-order from bestbuy yet?

You should only be able to redeem your reservation card at the Target where you purchased your preorder. That's just my common sense talking, though.

Not sure if you need a receipt or just the card.

#4371 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

I wish that things could be copied, rather than transferred, from wii to Wii u. I'd like to transfer my miis but I don't want them all removed from my wii. Looks like I'll be making them over again.

#4372 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

I wish that things could be copied, rather than transferred, from wii to Wii u. I'd like to transfer my miis but I don't want them all removed from my wii. Looks like I'll be making them over again.

I know. That's the exact reason I'm not going to bother transferring my data. I only bought a handful of games from the Wii Shop. The only one's I'll really miss are Super Metroid and Dr. Mario. Besides, my Wii is hacked with the homebrew channel so I can backup Wii games for Dolphin. I really don't want to unhack it and I'm doubting that the transfer would work with the homebrew channel installed...

#4373 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

You should only be able to redeem your reservation card at the Target where you purchased your preorder. That's just my common sense talking, though.

Not sure if you need a receipt or just the card.

Well that is what i'm thinking too, but the stupid check out guy told me i can go any target
Check out my Trade List!!!!
http://www.cheapassg...858#post4458858

#4374 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Finally got my hands on one of the demo Wii U units at a GS yesterday, and I do have to say, I'm pretty impressed. The demo of Rayman really was gorgeous, and surprisingly to me, the tablet controller felt pretty awesome. That being said, my hands are pretty large, so I've always preferred bigger controllers (the OG Xbox controller was always one of my favorites, while a lot of people always complained about how large it was).

#4375 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

So... I get a call from Chase Fraud Protection about the charge from Walmart. Apparently they declined authorization for me and I had to have a 3-way call with a rep from Chase and Walmart.

Basically my pre-order is cancelled because they can't re-process that order, only place a new one. And seeing how it's sold out, I'm fucked.

The hell is this shit. Order placed on 9/16 and their broken ass pre-order system screws me out of my system.

I would rip Chase a new one. Make them send out a rep to wait in line 12 hours for you to fix their mistake.

That's so retarded.

#4376 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

So the wiius in the kiosks are wireless and the big N can activate demos from headquarters? That's pretty epic.

#4377 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

So the wiius in the kiosks are wireless and the big N can activate demos from headquarters? That's pretty epic.

Yeah more will be activated soon

#4378 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Apparently my target has a kiosk. Debating wether to check it out or experience on launch. 12 days isnt much

#4379 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

I was disappointed to find out that the WalMart on Almaden in San Jose WONT be having a midnight launch. (In fact they werent even 100% sure theyll have them in the store on release day...)

edit: I have mine on layaway...so I was angry when they said they may not have em in on release day...

Edited by arsenalcrazy8, 06 November 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#4380 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

I had an email stating that my Wii U ship date was sooner than what it said before and should arrive by nov 26. I'm getting pretty excited for this thing now after reading all the positive first impressions. It will be nice to finally have an HD nintendo console sharing my entertainment system with 360 and PS3.