The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#4471 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

I wonder if Nintendoland will be a download game on the deluxe, or if you get a disc. I'm thinking it's a download (probably pre-installed). There was no sign that I saw of a disc in the Deluxe unboxing.

I can actually imagine them doing this. If half of my storage is taken up by a copy of Nintendoland that I can't remove due to me needing to download it again, I'm going to be kind of upset.

Edit: Thinking on it now, that probably makes the most sense. It's cheap, and it'll prevent a massive used market from appearing like with Kinect Adventures. I hope this isn't the case though.

Edited by advanced, 07 November 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#4472 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

I wonder if Nintendoland will be a download game on the deluxe, or if you get a disc. I'm thinking it's a download (probably pre-installed). There was no sign that I saw of a disc in the Deluxe unboxing.

If you notice the box in the unavailing did not have a picture of Nintendoland on it like the US one does. It also says at the end that the UK one is also bundled with a sensor bar and Nintendoland. The same will be true for the US version.
iGN will be doing an unboxing of the US version in 15 min

No direct link to the video yet but you should be able to go here and find it at 10 am Pst

http://www.ign.com/wii-u

#4473 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

anyone think that the street date will be broken anywhere? i've heard of some places already having them in storage.

Auen1.png?7125

#4474 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

No idea. But the page is still up on their website:
http://www.gamestop....nding/wiiuwait/

I have several Gamestops all within 5 miles of each other. I assume like preorders, each list is specific to each store. I guess I need to go to each location and join their list? Either way it is worth a trip to one on the way home. Thanks for the link btw.

#4475 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

IT'S IN A CASE!!!!

#4476 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

It's got a 404 as of right now though.

It's working now I just had to refresh a couple of times

Glad Nintendoland is coming with a case

#4477 fieldkillah

fieldkillah

Bleeds Black & Gold

• CAGiversary!

Watching it right now. Nintendoland is in its own case.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#4478 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Somewhere in this thread, somebody pasted an e-mail from Nintendo Support saying that the game will be on-disc.

#4479 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

So stoked that it's in a case. I'm really happy about that actually. Sucks that it doesn't include Club Nintendo points, but I'd honestly rather have the case.

#4480 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

So stoked that it's in a case. I'm really happy about that actually. Sucks that it doesn't include Club Nintendo points, but I'd honestly rather have the case.

Yeah I wanted the points too but oh well, id much prefer a case to a cardboard sleeve.

#4481 rohitman

rohitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Found this kind of odd and wasn't sure if its worth sharing. I had preordered Black Ops II for Wii U on Amazon (got my Wii U preordered at Target so hopefully it falls through). Got an email saying the release date has changed. My order status now says shipping soon with an ETA of the 10th. So I'll have the game earlier than everyone else for a system that comes out later... Also preordered Super Mario U but there's no change to that one (ETA 21st).

#4482 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Any news on how Wal-Mart is handing midnight buyers? Since the entire itself can't close, do people have to wait outside or in an area of electronics or what? I've never done this before.

#4483 Dejaskater

Dejaskater

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I did get that e-mail, but as I said, procrastinated on it. I called Gamestop earlier this week and they said they are no longer taking names for that list. So was that incorrect?

They have names until march and are no longer taking names

#4484 Dejaskater

Dejaskater

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Any news on how Wal-Mart is handing midnight buyers? Since the entire itself can't close, do people have to wait outside or in an area of electronics or what? I've never done this before.

Probably form a line at layAway or wander around the store sinc it's gaurenteed, the only people in that line will be preorderes

#4485 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Found this kind of odd and wasn't sure if its worth sharing. I had preordered Black Ops II for Wii U on Amazon (got my Wii U preordered at Target so hopefully it falls through). Got an email saying the release date has changed. My order status now says shipping soon with an ETA of the 10th. So I'll have the game earlier than everyone else for a system that comes out later... Also preordered Super Mario U but there's no change to that one (ETA 21st).

Yeah, that is strange. I looked at the product page and even though it says November 18, it says if I order in the next 2 hours, i'll have it on Friday. Strange... too bad it's not a game that I want :)

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#4486 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

For those still looking for a preorder, I was able to find a deluxe reservation card (last one) at my local Target. I called the past two days with no answer, so I decided to use my lunch to go and check myself. They still had 5 or more of the regular WiiU reservation cards left.

Check my trade list at http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313024

Sign up for Ibotta using http://ibotta.com/r/SCETeg to earn your first $2.  Ibotta has exclusive rebates at over 100,000 stores nationwide.

#4487 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Probably form a line at layAway or wander around the store sinc it's gaurenteed, the only people in that line will be preorderes

Wait what? What's guaranteed? Will there be some sort of "take a number" system?

#4488 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Wait what? What's guaranteed? Will there be some sort of "take a number" system?

You can pre-order in store through their layaway section if they havent sold out
Posted Image

#4489 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

You can pre-order in store through their layaway section if they havent sold out

That ended on November 1st according to Wal-Mart's guidelines, so I waited too long on that.

#4490 hslin

hslin

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

He probably means that the only people that should be in the layaway line at Walmart are those that acually placed a layaway. If a Walmart has extra systems to sell for non-layaways, I'm assuming the line would be seperate so confusion and anarchy does not ensue. What hasn't been confirmed are how many systems each Walmart will receive (hopefully enough to cover all of the layaways) and what distribution methods will take place (1st to layaway gets 1st dibs, 1st person in line gets 1st dibs, etc.)

#4491 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Here's my new Wii U Nintendo Network ID, add me for a friend!

8763q874688236409-1387j4987139487-23-0987q9873479873
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#4492 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Would it be a bad idea to hold the layaway Wii U until December?

#4493 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Here's my new Wii U Nintendo Network ID, add me for a friend!

8763q874688236409-1387j4987139487-23-0987q9873479873

And where did you find a Wii U 11 days before release?

#4494 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Would it be a bad idea to hold the layaway Wii U until December?

If you don't have the money, no; but if you do, I'd say quit being lazy and get your butt to layaway as soon as possible. You don't want them "accidently" selling your Wii U, do you? Why take a chance?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4495 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

And where did you find a Wii U 11 days before release?

Whoosh.

#4496 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Whoosh.

That was more than a whoosh. It was more like a sonic boom.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4497 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

If you don't have the money, no; but if you do, I'd say quit being lazy and get your butt to layaway as soon as possible. You don't want them "accidently" selling your Wii U, do you? Why take a chance?

What made you think this me of being lazy?

The money is there, but it would be nice to save some up for Black Friday.

It would also be nice to save it up as a Christmas Present for the family.

Might go speak to the Layaway people and make them swear they will not sell mine.

#4498 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

What made you think this me of being lazy?

The money is there, but it would be nice to save some up for Black Friday.

It would also be nice to save it up as a Christmas Present for the family.

Might go speak to the Layaway people and make them swear they will not sell mine.

It was just trying to be funny. :cry:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4499 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Gotta put in a winky face here or there to get that across. ;)

#4500 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Whoosh.

So you posted your overly long "friend code" because you thought it's funny when you in reality have no idea how the system is going to work. Right. Gotcha.

Whoosh.