The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#4501 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

So you posted your overly long "friend code" because you thought it's funny when you in reality have no idea how the system is going to work. Right. Gotcha.

Whoosh.

Yeah hahahaha how douchey.
Posted Image

#4502 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Whoosh.

I even saw that one from a mile away.....

#4503 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Got the last basic in the town of Rockford, Illinois. Better than nothing I suppose. Been looking for a pre-order for a week now, and found it at Target.

#4504 free_willy

free_willy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

One Walmart in town told us they would probably only have 7 or 8 of them, another said they owuld probably get about 75

#4505 Esmith08

Esmith08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Having a hard time finding a preorder. Damnit.

#4506 MadMoneyMan

MadMoneyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

One Walmart in town told us they would probably only have 7 or 8 of them, another said they owuld probably get about 75

Just came back from wallmart, the guy there made it sound like they will be getting a lot of them?! Lol only time will tell, hopefully they get at least 7 of them since I am #7 on the layaway....

#4507 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

i'm disappointed there wasn't any gameplay today. maybe some time later this week.

Auen1.png?7125

#4508 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

There was a guy standing in line in front of me for the Walmart pre-order and when they started taking the pre-orders at six am his girlfriend got out of the car and I didn't think anything about her and him doing their orders at the same time but they got two consoles each and that means mine got pushed back to 5 and 6 even though I should have been 3 and 4. I am not too concerned that they will be able to meet that number though. Maybe I'll go check and see if they have got them in yet to make sure.

#4509 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Went to my local BB to try out the Wii U demo unit and it's already broken (screen said something about needing a USB key inserted). Hopefully it isn't indicative of a RRoD-like rash of broken consoles.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#4510 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Considering its probably been abused by the riff raff that goes into a BB, I wouldn't doubt they had something to do it. Only problems I've ever had with a Nintendo product was when I fucked up, not it.

#4511 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Or maybe, I don't know, the USB key was not inserted? ;) I.e. demo unit setup error.

Crunchewy.png

#4512 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

idk if its been said already but Nintendoland comes in a retail case, just saw the unboxing video of the deluxe edition on ign

#4513 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#4514 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Pro controller doesn't have analog triggers and unless he forgot to mention it doesn't have clickable analog sticks, dpad look mediocre and WHERE IS MY FUCKING ETHERNET PORT ON THE CONSOLE!?

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#4515 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Went to my local BB to try out the Wii U demo unit and it's already broken (screen said something about needing a USB key inserted). Hopefully it isn't indicative of a RRoD-like rash of broken consoles.

Because if anything Nintendo is known for their faulty hardware. :roll:

#4516 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Pro controller doesn't have analog triggers and unless he forgot to mention it doesn't have clickable analog sticks, dpad look mediocre and WHERE IS MY FUCKING ETHERNET PORT ON THE CONSOLE!?

Posted Image

#4517 strangelove

strangelove

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

If i was the first to pre-order the system at walmart, put it on layaway, will they set mine aside first?
Not only am I a cheapass gamer, I am a cheap ass all-star.

#4518 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Posted Image

USB 2.0 speeds are not even close to an ethernet port. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Fighting games are SCREWED on this thing... AGAIN. God dammit Nintnendo! Consoles should come with wired connections as the only option. Freaking wireless nonsense.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#4519 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Fighting games are SCREWED on this thing... AGAIN. God dammit Nintnendo! Consoles should come with wired connections as the only option. Freaking wireless nonsense.

Posted Image

uc.png

#4520 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Now this may be a case of me not knowing what the Fuck I'm talking about...but considering that USB 2.0 is 480 megabits per second and my internet connection at home is roughly 3 megabits per second....yeah, USB 2.0 is many, many more times faster than my internet speed.

#4521 czissis

czissis

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Now this may be a case of me not knowing what the Fuck I'm talking about...but considering that USB 2.0 is 480 megabits per second and my internet connection at home is roughly 3 megabits per second....yeah, USB 2.0 is many, many more times faster than my internet speed.

USB 2.0 works in bursts, so 480 Mb/s isn't really a consistent speed, but even at its normal operating speeds, you are very right that USB 2.0 is far faster than a normal consumer's internet.

#4522 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Kotaku's Pros and Cons Hands on:

http://kotaku.com/59...even-turn-it-on

GiantBombs Unboxing:

http://www.giantbomb...landed/17-6773/

#4523 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

wireless isnt too bad man, get a decent speed internet service and a dual band wireless N router and you are good to go. I would still prefer wired but wireless isnt awful.

#4524 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Yesterday, since a buddy of mine and I both had the day off, we decided to go to best buy to try the console. I was blown away by the graphics on Rayman. It was the only playable demo, but it was REALLY good. It had a timer on it...you could only play for 10 minutes before the demo automatically ended. We played co-op as well as solo. Two very unique experiences. Co-op especially was quite revolutionary and was very successfully built for the wii u. This might just be the hype talking, but I am extremely excited about this console. I can't place my finger on it, but something about playing it (and maybe it's just because I really enjoyed Rayman) made me feel like this could be the next PS2. It was weird...for the hour or so we spent with it (kept re-starting the demo and also watched all the videos), it was my favorite console. I know that sounds odd, and it's a bit hard to explain.

It also might have been the controller. It felt SO comfortable in my hands. It "fit". The cord that connected it to the display kiosk felt heavier than the controller itself. It was really something. I will say the graphics on the videos for some of the first party games looked a bit less than I was hoping for. But just the way the thing felt...it was awesome.

While we were there, we kind of turned best buy into an arcade. We played several matches of PSASBR, which felt damn near exactly like smash bros brawl. There were a few differences (the camera doesn't zoom and it seems only 4 player matches are allowed, if there are less than four players playing, the CPU plays. At lest that's how it worked in the demo). It also felt a bit more difficult to follow what was happening in the match than it does in Smash. We also played a couple full games of 2k13 on 360, and played one game of Mario Super Sluggers which is for some reason still being demoed there.

It was a lot of fun. I hadn't gone to a store just to play the kiosks in about 18 years, lol.

One more thing about Rayman: the way this game controls alone...it could be game of the year. The platforming is wonderful. The control with the gamepad is executed beautifully. And honestly, it the co-op wiimote/nunchuck controls feel more natural than the controls on a lot of Wii games. I'm disappointed it's not a launch title.

#4525 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Would this work with the wii u?
If i can save myself from getting that converter that'd be swell.

http://www.focusatta...-to-rj45-cable/
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#4526 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Shocked the Best Buy I pre-ordered from only took 25 pre-orders for Deluxe. Said they will be getting more then 25 in store because they actually undercut their pre-orders to make sure they would have enough.

#4527 fshaia

fshaia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Considering its probably been abused by the riff raff that goes into a BB, I wouldn't doubt they had something to do it. Only problems I've ever had with a Nintendo product was when I fucked up, not it.

Been playing nintendo since the NES came out, and have NEVER had any problems, still using a launch week Wii as we speak ....

#4528 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Any info on how the Target pre-orders are going to be handled launch day?

#4529 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Would this work with the wii u?
If i can save myself from getting that converter that'd be swell.

http://www.focusatta...-to-rj45-cable/

..... No. Did you even read the description for it?
Spoiler

It's not for internet, it's for a controller board the FGC uses.

#4530 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Damn, I was going to get one of the pro controllers for black ops 2, but without clickable analog sticks....