The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#4771 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

We'll count on the ignorance/lack of concern of underpaid/seasonal employees for the TRU sale. Ya get what ya pay for, and they are all underpaid, and many will be seasonal without a clue.

#4772 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Counting on ignorance is a bit ignorant. ;)

Hopefully they put some out early. I'd love to cancel my NewEgg order on NSMBWU and get NSMBWU/ZombiU for $50 taxed. That'd be dope. I'm not holding my breath on it though.

#4773 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

People were complaining earlier in the tread that you can't purchase the Wii-U GamePad by itself on launch. The reason for that is that there isn't any games require 2 Gamepad controllers at launch. When a game does come out that needs 2 Gamepads, nintendo will be happy to take your money then.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#4774 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

They actually said originally the system would never support 2 gamepads.. then recently they backpeddaled on that saying second gamepads would be released sometime next year.

If they sell for $100 a pop, I can't see many people buying into them, unless they come bundled with a new top shelf game.

#4775 Despacio

Despacio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'm a TRU kid. We've received Madden and Fifa thus far with street dates of Nov. 13. I'll be putting these and whatever else WiiU games out whose street date is prior to Nov.18.

#4776 mBucket

mBucket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Concerning the TRU ad, tell me if I'm right.

Say I buy NSMBU and ZombiU. That's $59.99 + $59.99 - $30 = $89.98 + ~$8 tax = $97.98

Right now, I have them through Newegg for $47.99 each so $95.98 total.

Maybe it's worth the extra $2 to have them launch day. What's the chances of TRU putting these games on sale before Nov. 18? Probably slim to none is my guess.

#4777 AcePuppy

AcePuppy

Yoshi Yoshi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

The Superstore Walmart in Gainesville, VA is no longer taking Wii U Layaway reserves. Considering there aren't many Superstore Walmarts in Northern VA, that to me says there will be a shortage.

#4778 Despacio

Despacio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Headed to wal mart to make a payment on my lay away and I see a lotta people have only paid down to a penny. Why is this? Why not pay it off completely?

#4779 mBucket

mBucket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Headed to wal mart to make a payment on my lay away and I see a lotta people have only paid down to a penny. Why is this? Why not pay it off completely?

I think people are saying if you pay it off completely, it looks like you picked it up already in their systems and they may get confused and not hold it for you.

#4780 Bubbamel

Bubbamel

Who ate my Reese's pieces?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

The Superstore Walmart in Gainesville, VA is no longer taking Wii U Layaway reserves. Considering there aren't many Superstore Walmarts in Northern VA, that to me says there will be a shortage.

Not necessarily true. Walmart said all along that they would stop taking preorders (layaway payments) on November 1st. Few people have said that their Walmarts were going to get a few extra to sell at midnight. I guess we shall see.

#4781 rschauby

rschauby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Call me crazy, but I cancelled my $48 NSMBU pre-order from NewEgg because I am going digital. Sure, it is costing me more, but my son and wife have proven to me that discs have ~5% chance of survival in my home.

I have kept my COD:BO2 pre-order as I don't believe it will be available as download. I am hoping Nintendo does a good job keeping digital games as competitive as possible to retail. If Nintendo doesn't do a good job at this, then I'll just spend less on the platform.

#4782 Masx

Masx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Because if you read the Wal-mart Wii U document it instructs them to tell customers to leave $0.01 on the account so it doesn't close out the layaway account that is for the Wii U.

I'm sure if you paid it off and your layaway account is closed you still would MAYBE be able to pickup your Wii U. But I wouldn't risk that because they can just say that they thought you picked it up already as your layaway account is closed.

#4783 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

I really prefer discs over digital. But that reminds me.. anyone find any killer deals on external hard drives for the Wii U? I was going to cannibalize one of my network external drives, but I'm looking at a 1.5 tb drive right now for $69 shipped. That should be enough storage for the life of the Wii U, based on our PS3 slim storage capabillity, I'd think.

#4784 Despacio

Despacio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Because if you read the Wal-mart Wii U document it instructs them to tell customers to leave $0.01 on the account so it doesn't close out the layaway account that is for the Wii U.

I'm sure if you paid it off and your layaway account is closed you still would MAYBE be able to pickup your Wii U. But I wouldn't risk that because they can just say that they thought you picked it up already as your layaway account is closed.

Cool. Thank you sir for the swift response.

#4785 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Anybody know if stores carry the Wii LAN adapters anymore? Word on the street is that we're going to need one of these things for the WiiU. Good luck playing anything like Black Ops online with WiFi.

#4786 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Thats the first I've heard of needing a lan adapter for net connectivity.

EDIT:

Specs:

Networking - Wireless connection (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), Wii LAN Adapters support via USB 2.0 connectors

So yes, you can add a hardware lan adapter, or you can just connect wirelessly.

#4787 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I have a Wii U Preorder at Best Buy and likely won't have the money to pay it off at launch, so I'm probably gonna try selling my preorder on craigslist to use the money towards a tv since I just got a PS3 for cheap. Sucks that I'll miss getting a Wii U at launch but I will get one in a few months...probably with tax refund.

I probably should have traded my PS3 to Gamestop during double trade bonus to buy games to flip for credit to Best Buy for my Wii U but there are so many cheap PS3 games.

#4788 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Anybody know if stores carry the Wii LAN adapters anymore? Word on the street is that we're going to need one of these things for the WiiU. Good luck playing anything like Black Ops online with WiFi.

so much fail

#4789 elvis731

elvis731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

I like how he says that Target doesn't give cards for the black deluxe when I have I card for the black one right here. Also, he tells people to check receipt, but its clearly a Walmart layaway receipt NOT a Target preorder receipt. I wouldn't be surprised if those bids for $860 are fakes from friends of his. I can't imagine anyone would pay that much for a Wii U.

The whole post is weird. He makes it sound like he mis-ordered the white one from Target, but then went to Walmart and got a preorder for the black one. I can't believe anyone would be willing to throw that much money around for one of these, but even more so on a listing that's so confusing....

#4790 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Call me crazy, but I cancelled my $48 NSMBU pre-order from NewEgg because I am going digital. Sure, it is costing me more, but my son and wife have proven to me that discs have ~5% chance of survival in my home.

Considering how long it takes for first-party Nintendo titles to drop in price and the 5% refund that comes with the Premium program, it really isn't that bad a digital ecosystem to dive into. I'm doing the same thing with NSMBU, but I bought Tekken Tag using the Newegg preorder.

#4791 elvis731

elvis731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Thats exactly what Game Stop says.

LOL. The last time I was in a Gamestop they told me if I didn't pre-order the new Madden, I wouldn't be able to get it.....anywhere.

#4792 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Good luck playing anything like Black Ops online with WiFi.

I disagree. As long as you have a decent signal, changing from wired to wireless shouldn't have any significant impact on latency (bandwidth obviously isn't an issue for online gaming). At worse, you might see a 2 or 3ms increase in latency. Case in point, I just tried it with my computer, doing a network test:

Wired: Latency 40ms; Jitter (Latency variability): 0ms
Wireless: Latency 41ms; Jitter (Latency variability): 0ms

#4793 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Wii LAN Adapters support via USB 2.0 connectors

So yes, you can add a hardware lan adapter, or you can just connect wirelessly.

Thanks for the post.

Does this mean that if I do a search on NewEgg for any "USB 2.0 Connector" that I'll be able to buy whatever generic item comes up in the search, or do I need a Nintendo-specific product?

(The whole part about "Wii LAN Adapters" confuses me....)

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#4794 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Concerning the TRU ad, tell me if I'm right.

Say I buy NSMBU and ZombiU. That's $59.99 + $59.99 - $30 = $89.98 + ~$8 tax = $97.98

Right now, I have them through Newegg for $47.99 each so $95.98 total.

Maybe it's worth the extra $2 to have them launch day. What's the chances of TRU putting these games on sale before Nov. 18? Probably slim to none is my guess.

You would be right. I honestly doubt TRU puts them out before the 18th though. You may get lucky, but I wouldn't bank on it.

#4795 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

LOL. The last time I was in a Gamestop they told me if I didn't pre-order the new Madden, I wouldn't be able to get it.....anywhere.

Quick....somebody name a game that wasn't readily available on launch day that GS did preorders on!!! Exactly.

#4796 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Quick....somebody name a game that wasn't readily available on launch day that GS did preorders on!!! Exactly.

Gamestop has no problems lying to you, to get you to come in and pre-order something. I remember I asked about Sleeping Dogs, and they told me it was sold out everywhere and that I needed to pre-order to get it. Fuck Gamestop.

#4797 GBH

GBH

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Pee-U Gamestop stinks about as bad as Neo-Geo Freak.
I Didn't Mean To

#4798 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Zelda 64!!

#4799 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

I recall there being shortages on Mario Kart Wii, but I think it was word of mouth that did that. I picked the game up without any problems shortly after launch.

#4800 gravel

gravel

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

I've had several, but they are niche titles. Pokemon Conquest was the most recent. I agree that they use deceptive tactics to boost pre-orders, but I would guess that's a by-product of the pressure the corporation puts on the employees to drive those numbers.

Now that Amazon doesn't offer Release Day Delivery, I've started pre-ordering more games at Gamestop. Pre-order bonuses also sway me, like the Ni No Kuni steelbook.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed