Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

lol eBay sellers. http://$$$$$$$/UBioJN

#4892 jmanereese

jmanereese

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

Our BB didn't do pre orders.

I got a pre order for $5 from the pre order kiosk prolly 2 days after announced. Paid off one at GS though since I don't trust getting one with a $5 pre order.
Go Pack Go!

#4893 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

What kind of link is that?

#4894 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

I have a Deluxe Preorder with Gamestop and they just charged my card a couple hours ago. Hope thats some indication of perhaps getting it before release day!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4895 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

What kind of link is that?

I think it's from some Saturday night 2 for 1 drink special.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#4896 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

Anyone here work at target, and would like to explain exactly how they do their pre-orders?

#4897 driftmr2

driftmr2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

anyone here work at target, and would like to explain exactly how they do their pre-orders?

+1

#4898 io

io

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Crap, this thing comes out in just a week, doesn't it? I'm not ready for it! ;).

#4899 V Gundam

V Gundam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

Bestbuy is offering 50 of those bags, which means they're expecting at least 50 (or I guess they plan on handing you one as a thanks for playing gift? idk). I do believe BB did in store preorders, though it's hard to say how "impossible" this will be. I personally don't think you will have an issue waiting at BB for one, but thats just me.

That's only at 99 of their stores.

#4900 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Does this mean that if I do a search on NewEgg for any "USB 2.0 Connector" that I'll be able to buy whatever generic item comes up in the search, or do I need a Nintendo-specific product?

(The whole part about "Wii LAN Adapters" confuses me....)

I didn't see anyone respond to this so I thought I would. For the Wii, you have to have an adapter specifically designed for the it. I was able to get a Nyko Wii adapter at Gamestop for $20 and it works perfectly fine. I'm not sure whether or not you can use a generic LAN adapter for the Wii U, though.

Thanks for the reply.

I see NewEgg has several to choose from that say they are specifically designed for the Wii. I'm (perhaps stupidly) assuming that the adapters will also work for the WiiU - for $12-$18 or so, I guess I can live with myself if not. :razz:
The one I went with is the Nyko Net Connect for Wii, as it was the highest rated.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#4901 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I see NewEgg has several to choose from that say they are specifically designed for the Wii. I'm (perhaps stupidly) assuming that the adapters will also work for the WiiU - for $12-$18 or so, I guess I can live with myself if not. :razz:
The one I went with is the Nyko Net Connect for Wii, as it was the highest rated.

yea im curious about this myself of course all this depends on how well the Wii U functions online

#4902 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

+1

Yes, +2!!! I'd hate to go in (whenever they're open on Sunday) & find out someone ahead of me in line picked it up at that location (where I got the pre-ordered card) if they didn't pre-order from that same Target location! When I got that pre-order card, the sales associate told me I might want to bring in the receipt to show proof I bought it there because quantities will be limited. I don't think every sales associate that rings you up will tell you this.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#4903 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

I think I will be there in the morning right when they open, but still I am worried.

#4904 xavior

xavior

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Anyone here work at target, and would like to explain exactly how they do their pre-orders?

I work for Target. The "guy walking around" has no clue what he is talking about. Here is how preordering works at Target.

Target sells preorder cards. Each title/product has an end date (usually a week before the game releases) where the store has to pull the cards from the sales floor and can no longer sell them. Corporate calculates how many preorder cards were sold per store. When the product comes in, the store holds back the number of preorders they received total. Those preorder units are held back for 7 days, in which the store has to put them back on the shelf to the public. Your preorder card is basically your ticket to pick up your preorder. The store will not sell any preorder held units to ANYBODY without a preorder card. If you lost it, then you're screwed. The held back preorder units only go to the folks who present the preorder cards, so the possibility of those going to "first come, first serve" isn't possible.

Does that mean the system is perfect? No. Is it possible you have an incompetent store who forgets to hold back preorders? Sure. Anybody can fall victim to that at any retail store that does preorders though. Is it possible some douche comes in and uses his card at another store and throws off the counts? Sure but the odds of that are low. The only thing I can think of that could possibly screw you guys out of your preorder is if the store forgets to pull the preorder cards when the preorder date expires and you somehow purchase one and it doesn't get counted as a preorder. I'm not sure if it would still be counted or not after that date, but it is possible that your preorder wouldn't count in that case.

So my recommendation is to check the preorder date on the back of the card (top right corner) to make sure it is still valid before you purchase it. Other than that, yes you are guaranteed your system if you preorder at Target.

I picked up a card from 2 different Targets just in case one screws up, but it sounds legit. The 7 day hold is advertised on back of the card, so if they screw up at the very least you can demand a refund (of the $5 card).

PS. I still see these preorder cards around (in West Nyack, NY and Edgewater, NJ)

#4905 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

I picked up a card from 2 different Targets just in case one screws up, but it sounds legit. The 7 day hold is advertised on back of the card, so if they screw up at the very least you can demand a refund (of the $5 card).

PS. I still see these preorder cards around (in West Nyack, NY and Edgewater, NJ)

I spoke with the managers at both Targets near me and they both told me they are only getting in enough to cover the preorder cards, no walkins. So if you are planning on waiting outside of Target without a preorder, you should check with your store to see if they are getting extras.

#4906 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

No idea what happened. Tried to share a link from the eBay app. 99$ wii u pro controller

#4907 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

I spoke with the managers at both Targets near me and they both told me they are only getting in enough to cover the preorder cards, no walkins. So if you are planning on waiting outside of Target without a preorder, you should check with your store to see if they are getting extras.

I talked two to electronic's team supervisors and neither had any idea how many they were getting. They radioed a manager and they didn't know either. Don't think the Targets in Lee County FL have any idea what's going on, honestly. One didn't even know they had pre order cards.

#4908 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I talked two to electronic's team supervisors and neither had any idea how many they were getting. They radioed a manager and they didn't know either. Don't think the Targets in Lee County FL have any idea what's going on, honestly. One didn't even know they had pre order cards.

That's why I have a 2nd preorder at Toys R Us. Though I just found out they open at 8am on Sundays too. So I'll go there first and then Target if something goes wrong or if TRU somehow doesn't have NSMBU, since I preordered that at Target as well. I also have a 3rd one preordered at gamestop.com but that one is being shipped to my niece in SC for a Christmas gift.

#4909 xavior

xavior

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

PS. If you can't find a preorder anywhere else, Micro Center appears to also be carrying it on release day.. not sure how many people would think of going there to buy a wii u so could be a good bet for some of you ^^

#4910 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

PS. If you can't find a preorder anywhere else, Micro Center appears to also be carrying it on release day.. not sure how many people would think of going there to buy a wii u so could be a good bet for some of you ^^

Wish we had those here. We don't have anything beyond the normal WalMart, Target, Best Buy, Gamestop etc.

I have a feeling I will be waiting outside best buy since I have a bunch of credit there.

#4911 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I just got a message from my bank saying Gamestop.com charged my card for my Wii U Deluxe set this morning (I get an alert for any Debit Card purchase over $125).

My order status still says "open" on Gamestop.com, but I paid for 1-day shipping so I wonder if they're going to ship it early...? :)
Posted Image

#4912 grumpier

grumpier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

I have a Deluxe Preorder with Gamestop and they just charged my card a couple hours ago. Hope thats some indication of perhaps getting it before release day!

Mine has being charged too. They usually charge before well before they ship. I do not plan on getting mine until Monday the 19th.

#4913 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Yeah unfortunately my bestbuy isn't one of the midnight openings, which is odd since I live in the raleigh/durham area so I'd have thought their may be a high demand here. I checked every target in a 40 mile radius or so (like 10 stores) but none of them had pre-order cards left. Was hoping to luck up on a preorder still, guess I"ll just have to hope to catch it in store since I dropped the ball though.

#4914 Theswweet

Theswweet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Is the Toys R Us Wii U deal, in-store only?
I'm 100% Cheap, 100%, and 100% Gamer. Add me whenever you can!... I don't bite.:applause:

Spoiler

Want free games from Amazon/Gamestop? XBLA, PSN, Nintendo store-fronts? Check out the links in my spoilers above!

#4915 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Yeah unfortunately my bestbuy isn't one of the midnight openings, which is odd since I live in the raleigh/durham area so I'd have thought their may be a high demand here. I checked every target in a 40 mile radius or so (like 10 stores) but none of them had pre-order cards left. Was hoping to luck up on a preorder still, guess I"ll just have to hope to catch it in store since I dropped the ball though.

Our bestbuy is opening early and is not on the list. Call yours to check.

#4916 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Yeah I'll give em another call today, got the endless phone loop yesterday from them and nobody answered.

I actually checked the local craiglist here too for cards but no luck, they were either sold or asking $150 or $200 for the card with $5 down, I'd rather wait in line at that point.

#4917 ELUNO

ELUNO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

So, ToysRUs' ad is showing the following:
Buy one get one 40% off for 49.99 or lower:
Shown for in store Tuesday: (Maybe there will be more titles)
ESPN Sports Collection
Rabbids Land

10 off one or 30 off two games:
Shown as available this Tuesday (Could be more)
Assassin's Creed 3
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Fifa Soccer 13

(I know this deal was already mentioned before, just wanted to clarify the games they listed as available)

#4918 Nico8912

Nico8912

Claptrap's Minion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Mine has being charged too. They usually charge before well before they ship. I do not plan on getting mine until Monday the 19th.

Odds are you won't get it until Tuesday the 20th since it comes out on a Sunday. Atleast that's what I'm thinking since I also ordered from gamestop.com with overnight shipping.

#4919 Theswweet

Theswweet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

So, ToysRUs' ad is showing the following:
Buy one get one 40% off for 49.99 or lower:
Shown for in store Tuesday: (Maybe there will be more titles)
ESPN Sports Collection
Rabbids Land

10 off one or 30 off two games:
Shown as available this Tuesday (Could be more)
Assassin's Creed 3
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Fifa Soccer 13

(I know this deal was already mentioned before, just wanted to clarify the games they listed as available)

Looking at the black friday ad right here. Says Buy 1, Get one 40% off, and then has ALL Wii U games bolded in red.

What are you talking about?
I'm 100% Cheap, 100%, and 100% Gamer. Add me whenever you can!... I don't bite.:applause:

Spoiler

Want free games from Amazon/Gamestop? XBLA, PSN, Nintendo store-fronts? Check out the links in my spoilers above!

#4920 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Looking at the black friday ad right here. Says Buy 1, Get one 40% off, and then has ALL Wii U games bolded in red.

What are you talking about?

All wii u games. I see nothing about the price in the ad?