The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5041 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

For those that got the Target reservation cards for only $1. Do you think there will be any sort of complications when picking it up.

Yes, I think those who preordered at Target should be there at store opening.
Otherwise . . .

Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#5042 BigJoe

BigJoe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

Really? I'm in there a couple times a week and they just put up Wii U displays a week or two back. I never saw anything about preorders. The weekly ad for this week has the midnight launch info (and doesn't mention preorders). So they at least expect to have a decent amount available for sale to the general public or they wouldn't bother with a midnight launch.

has it been confirmed yet that GS is not doing the midnight thing at any locations? Seems like I haven't heard much talk about it either way recently.

Yeah, i'll post a pic of the tomorrow. But if you call them you can verify. They were still taking pre orders on the white one last time I checked but they are sold out of the deluxe. They did 5 ogf each console btw

#5043 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

If you were using it to store downloaded games:

and i think it only supports SD or SDHC

http://www.examiner....aved-to-sd-card

Thanks so much for this link! Almost wasted money on an sd card I don't need. External HD ordered.

#5044 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Just got back from Fred Meyer with some bad news.

They are doing it "first come, first serve" by order from corporate. Their "pre-order" card is only for the basic console, only for the midnight release, and just to guarantee the $5 gift card. Everything else? You better be there early.

The guy I asked also made it seem like it was orders from Nintendo. While I doubt it, its just too much of a coincidence that so many Targets seem to have the same policy...

PS: Forgot to add. The line seems to be only for pre-order customers. Everyone is welcome to come in at midnight, but if you don't have a pre-order you aren't guaranteed a console at all. The pre-orders get you in line and guarantee you a Wii U. Which one it is depends on how many they have and what the people in front of you choose.

Edited by DarkPGR, 12 November 2012 - 11:35 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5045 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Fred Meyers DID do pre orders!!! I have a pre order ticket from them! they sold out fast though. And you had to purchase a $75 gift card in order to get a pre order so im pretty sure with such a large down payment that it would be a very legit pre order

I have a pre-order card from them too, but didn't have to buy any gift cards o.O
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5046 bimbady

bimbady

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

I was under the impression that the Nintendo World Store wasn't doing pre-orders and doing it by a first come first serve basis. I bought a lot of triple A titles from them like that.

Can anyone confirm if they are indeed still going to have some consoles for sale at Midnight without pre-orders? ..Or any other stores?

#5047 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

The guy I asked also made it seem like it was orders from Nintendo. While I doubt it, its just too much of a coincidence that so many Targets seem to have the same policy...

It might be a way for Nintendo to get lines to form across the country so they can create buzz and get the local news reporters involved. If stores are only selling pre-ordered systems and not doing a midnight launch, no lines are formed, and no average potential customer will know there was a console launch.

#5048 BanditThief

BanditThief

King Of Thieves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Soo anyone have ideals where to make a preorder instead of this off topic conversation you all are having.

#5049 Psyae

Psyae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Soo anyone have ideals where to make a preorder instead of this off topic conversation you all are having.

I think it might be too late to place a preorder anywhere. Most places stopped their preorders already, but you might get lucky at Target if yours still has preorder cards out (seems like each Target had 5 cards for each model). If no luck there, your only shot might be waiting in line for a store to open.
Posted Image

#5050 io

io

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

PS: Forgot to add. The line seems to be only for pre-order customers. Everyone is welcome to come in at midnight, but if you don't have a pre-order you aren't guaranteed a console at all. The pre-orders get you in line and guarantee you a Wii U. Which one it is depends on how many they have and what the people in front of you choose.

Very, very odd that they would advertize the midnight launch in the weekly ad and not mention anything about preorders. I'd think it might piss people off to find out once they get there that the midnight launch is only for preorders. I'll ask next time I'm in there what is going on at my local store. And I'll call my GS too - though I'm 95% sure they would not bother with selling them at midnight. The manager told me they only had 10 preorders and he didn't think it was worth being open at midnight for that.

#5051 Edwin29

Edwin29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

I ask the guy at my local gamestop and he told me to go there at the usual time, Sunday 10 am. On a side note, I think I'm going to park my car right in front of the store for a quick getaway in case somebody tries to rob me LOL

#5052 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

When I look at my orders on bestbuy.com, it says "No orders found." I'm sure it's some weird glitch or something, but it still makes me nervous.

Well, it is showing up just fine here. In fact, it says payment verified, and the next step is preparing for shipping

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#5053 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Well, it is showing up just fine here. In fact, it says payment verified, and the next step is preparing for shipping

Same here. If yours says no orders found I would worry. They most likely canceled your order for some reason.

#5054 ebaymarcaro

ebaymarcaro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Has anyone who ordered in-store pickup from bestbuy.com been charged on their credit card? I saw a charge yesterday that was then removed. I see another today though. Might be the weekly pre-authorizations though.

#5055 TheBigHouse

TheBigHouse

All in the game, yo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

I was having the order lookup on problem yesterday on bestbuy.com as well (it wasn't just the Wii-U preorder, it was ALL my orders were gone from my history). They are all back today, so all is back to status quo.

#5056 te619

te619

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

I asked a manager that helps me out in Best Buy how the launch would work. He said that all pre-ordered systems would be pulled and held for pick up, and that they expected to receive 6 White and 4 Black extra consoles.

#5057 dreammastah

dreammastah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

My card was just preauthorized today from Gamestop. Does anyone know if their two day shipping option ships on Monday or if it should arrive on Monday?

#5058 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Anyone else order from Walmart and now have a 124.56 charge right now? I assume they're shipping something to me the game and controller?

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#5059 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

you need to learn how retail stores operate. Stores order products several months in advance heck i knew the release date and price of the wii u since july which is when our buyers for the company purchased the products and we got them in our destribution center all the way back in september.

I know how retail stores operate. Nintendo does not operate like that. They won;t give Shopko a ton of Wii U's over a retail giant like Best Buy, Target or Wal-Mart. Those "orders" you placed are not guaranteed.

#5060 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

everything i have said you jump all over me are you full of hate or what lol. just heads up shopko is 3rd biggest domestic retail store in the country behind walmart and target we are not small at all lol

....which pales in comparison to GameStop, Best Buy etc. They will get Wii U priority, not your store.

#5061 evisto

evisto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Anyone else order from Walmart and now have a 124.56 charge right now? I assume they're shipping something to me the game and controller?

Yes, I had a charge for $143.26 from Walmart as well. I paid for the most expensive shipping option, so that may be why mine is higher than your amount. I am thinking they will ship the game and controller ahead of the system. I guess we'll see...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5062 geotech

geotech

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Two articles about Wii demand

http://www.forbes.co...aster-than-wii/

http://hawtwired.com...11/12/1109.aspx

#5063 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Here's Target DPCI numbers for a few of the "important" Wii U items.

207-29-0001 - Basic Wii U (White)
207-29-0002 - Deluxe Wii U (Black)
207-00-0371 - Wii U Pro Controller (White)*
207-00-0375 - Wii U Pro Controller (Black)

207-30-0001 - New Super Mario Bros U
207-30-0013 - ZombiU
207-30-0010 - Nintendo Land

"Current Wii / U Remotes" (vague item description)
207-00-1013 / 207-00-0971 / 207-00-0972 / 207-00-0973
207-00-0307 - Write and Protect Kit
207-00-0311 - "Cases"
207-00-0352 - "Cases"

* White Pro Controller will not be available at launch.

#5064 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Two articles about Wii demand

http://www.forbes.co...aster-than-wii/

http://hawtwired.com...11/12/1109.aspx

Most analysts agree this will be pretty much unavailable till the start of the year (if even that).

#5065 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I hope I don't have any trouble finding a screen protector on launch day. I don't think I'd use it much without having one. I'm not rough with my touchscreens, I just want this one to last forever or as close as I can get with it.

#5066 Edwin29

Edwin29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

I hope I don't have any trouble finding a screen protector on launch day. I don't think I'd use it much without having one. I'm not rough with my touchscreens, I just want this one to last forever or as close as I can get with it.

Well I'm getting the one from gamestop, hopefully they have enough in stock.

#5067 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Is there a number for estimated consoles per Best Buy store released?

I plan on showing up at my local store around 7AM and if there's already 50 people waiting outside and only 25 consoles expected per store I'm not even going to waste my time.

#5068 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

7AM? No offense, but it's no wonder you are a step behind in this process. Gotta put some effort in this late in the game. There will be 50 people lined up by midnight, I would all but guarantee that. There is no way you will get one showing up at 7AM
Posted Image

#5069 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Is there a number for estimated consoles per Best Buy store released?

I plan on showing up at my local store around 7AM and if there's already 50 people waiting outside and only 25 consoles expected per store I'm not even going to waste my time.

7am? At Best Buy?

Maybe 7am at Target. But not at Best Buy. Those folks will start lining up around 2-3am. If you want one from Best Buy you better start around midnight.

#5070 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

My GS has confirmed they will only have enough for pre-orders from their first shipment. This store took 20 preorders.