The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#481 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

Now I was thinking that Amazon is readying a console of some sort. Digital-download only console. And that's why Nintendo isn't doing business with them.

I don't see how Amazon could do this. Unless they made it a storefront for their PC download service, which would not work since a lot of Amazon PCDD stuff goes through Steam.

I'd keep an eye out at Amazon around 3:00 est this morning.

I will be up 5:45 tomorrow morning, hoping Amazon still has them if they did release tonight.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#482 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

By then the real next-gen consoles will be out and this thing will be a distant memory, just like Wii. Why waste even $100 at that point.

Bayoneta 2 bro kitten. Bayoneta 2
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#483 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

well they did announce Bayonetta 2. Everyone at Gaf is going nuts for that game.

Sorry but I'm going to be ROFL when it ends up being rated 10+ or T.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#484 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

Have you ever seen that episode of Seinfeld where he tries to rent a car and gets screwed over? It's like that; Gamestop knows how to take your $$ reservation, but they don't know how to hold onto it. I know from personal experience that they'll take as many pre-orders as they can sell irregardless of how many copies of the game/system they are getting. Whether they give priority to people who pre-order earlier is on a store by store basis, but from what I know of the corporate structure I'd bet 9 times out of 10 someone who pre-orders the day before release gets just as much priority as someone who pre-ordered a month ago.

So yeah, don't preorder from Gamestop. Really hoping Amazon comes through for me.

For the DS, and Wii I was waiting in line for at least 20-30 mins to make sure I was reasonable close to first in line. For the 3DS I got there and was like maybe 5-6th and I waited 2 hours for it. I never trust gamestop with any preorders.

I don't want to have to wait again. This time I want painless.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#485 predseth

predseth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

Kinda surprised, but 2 of the 8 or so Best Buys nearest me are already showing "unavailable" for pre-ordering the black system. This is in TN

#486 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

Definitely going for the 32GB model. Hope to see some free game offers at launch!

#487 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I just called them and they just switched it out in their computers, so I'm good to go.

Next time you go in I would still ask for a printout of your active preorders. They just have to hit Alt-P when they see your preorder list.

#488 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

I pre-ordered on Best Buy for in-store pick up. I told myself I would wait on this but I know if I do I will be mad I didn't pre-order. I will have to hold on to my Wii though since I gave my Gamecube away years back... I'm not going to have enough room for all my consoles. Might have to use my Wii like my Dreamcast and only hook it up when I want to play something

523546.png

#489 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

Hmmm Interesting my local BBY wouldn't let me order under the test sku said they weren't allowed to do that. I did preorder one online for store pick up So I'll try again tomorrow to preorder in store as well.

I finally got a call back from the Sales Operator at my local and she said I'd be able to go in first thing tomorrow and preorder it. I called about the test SKU and she inquired with the Gaming Division for me. I deal with her a lot (she helps me out with in-store/preorder pickups) and she's never lied to me once in all my time going to that store, so I believe her.

I'll be there with bells on. :bouncy:

#490 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:38 AM

I will say I am pretty surprised at the HD sizes. So much for installing my games, digital releases, and having music and video on my WiiU. At least there is Bayonetta 2?

have you ever heard of these things called external hard drives?
Posted Image

#491 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

Gunshy after the borderlands ULC fiasco, remember Wii availablity from the first year, gonna order from 3 stores. Maybe it'll sell out and crazy people will buy them for $700 on eBay like they did the wii

#492 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:48 AM

Kinda surprised, but 2 of the 8 or so Best Buys nearest me are already showing "unavailable" for pre-ordering the black system. This is in TN

One BB a little ways away from me shows unavailable. I wonder if that store actually sold out of their preorders

#493 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

I already have too many games to play. Wii U can wait. I'm honestly very happy and content with my Wii and 3DS at the moment.

#494 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

Two stores near me (MI), including the one I go to, are now showing "unavailable" for the black system as well and one store is showing this for the white.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#495 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

I finally got a call back from the Sales Operator at my local and she said I'd be able to go in first thing tomorrow and preorder it. I called about the test SKU and she inquired with the Gaming Division for me. I deal with her a lot (she helps me out with in-store/preorder pickups) and she's never lied to me once in all my time going to that store, so I believe her.

I'll be there with bells on. :bouncy:

That's good to know. The people in the gaming department know I'll be back tomorrow as well.

One BB a little ways away from me shows unavailable. I wonder if that store actually sold out of their preorders

5 of the 10 closest to me are now unavailable for preorders. At least for the deluxe. Basic set is still showing up for all stores

#496 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

weird indeed, the local bestbuy has the white one available for store pickup but not the black one anymore

#497 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

I'm an unlocked member an a PUR member. Which store is best for preordering?

#498 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

I'm an unlocked member an a PUR member. Which store is best for preordering?

well if you are a best buy premier silver silver member, you have 60 days to return it in case you don't like it. For gamestop, well i dont know if they allow returns but i guess they have the better "gamer" atmosphere for a midnight launch??

#499 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:05 AM

All BBs in the south bay are showing unavailable. Thanks to you guys, I was able to secure a preorder for store pickup earlier today 8-)
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#500 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

Two stores near me (MI), including the one I go to, are now showing "unavailable" for the black system as well and one store is showing this for the white.

My local is listed as still available, but a lot of the other stores in my area (more popular stores I'd say) are all unavailable. I wonder what this is.

#501 Dr. Dib

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

I preordered mine at Gamestop, well my dad did for me I should say... According to the store employees, I'm first in line for the deluxe system. I got to say, I'm a bit surprised how GameStop is handling this. I'm a bit worried this will turn in to the 360 all over again where people who preorder think they'll get it day one, but stock will be low. It does seem like they'll at least do the first come first serve.

But thanks OP for providing the skus. I got a little freaked out when it only said Wii U, but that makes me feel more comfortable.

Also, I was wondering if Best Buy was updating so thanks people for letting me know some are marking it out of stock. All of mine have the deluxe system in stock, though it looks like two are out of stock of the basic model.

Finally, has there been any word on if any stores are having a midnight launch, besides Walmart and other 24 hour stores? The only thing I could find was a forum post on another forum saying no, but I'd like something more official.

#502 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

have you ever heard of these things called external hard drives?

I think Nintendo made the right call with using smaller and much quicker SSD hard drives within the system, and allowing us to attach any size external hard drive we want.

#503 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

ill probably pre order 1 at best buy when i go pick up borderlands 2.

#504 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

Had no interest in the system until bayonetta 2 became their exclusive...

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#505 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:13 AM

At first I thought this thread was completely unnecessary.
Now I'm starting to think I should pre-order
and buy up all the Wii U consoles at launch,
and resell them right before Christmas for huge profit.
What do you guys think?
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#506 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

At first I thought this thread was completely unnecessary.
Now I'm starting to think I should pre-order
and buy up all the Wii U consoles at launch,
and resell them right before Christmas for huge profit.
What do you guys think?

We think you should move along and troll elsewhere...
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#507 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

Had no interest in the system until bayonetta 2 became their exclusive...

That's like katy perry on sesame street.
Mommies everywhere are gonna protest.

I just hope they don't pull a nintendo and repeat the manhunt 2 incident.

#508 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

If you pre-order at Best Buy for in-store pickup, they don't charge you until the date, right?

Edited by ShadowAssassin, 14 September 2012 - 04:46 AM.

#509 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

Waiting for Target or Walmart to start their pre-orders

..if they are doing pre-orders:pray:

#510 bossman

bossman

Like a Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:51 AM

Preordered mine at GameStop earlier as well. Makes me kinda of worried because employee said the company was only getting a total of 5,000 units at launch.