The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5071 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Is there a number for estimated consoles per Best Buy store released?

I plan on showing up at my local store around 7AM and if there's already 50 people waiting outside and only 25 consoles expected per store I'm not even going to waste my time.

Bring a thermos and a tent and set up shop at midnight.

I need a new signature.

#5072 ebay33

ebay33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

I hope I don't have any trouble finding a screen protector on launch day. I don't think I'd use it much without having one. I'm not rough with my touchscreens, I just want this one to last forever or as close as I can get with it.

I bought one at Best Buy this weekend. They already have some of the Wii U accessories out for sale, including the screen saver.

#5073 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

I wonder if the boxes for the wii remotes will keep the "also works with wii!" Stamp throughout the life of the console. I remember Nintendo's white GameCube controllers didn't even feature the gc logo on them, nor were they branded to have anything to do with gc.

#5074 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

This time next week we'll all be hitting the sack after more than 24 hours straight of playing.

or bitching because they are sold out everywhere.

or bitching because they are so high on ebay.

#5075 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Bring a thermos and a tent and set up shop at midnight.

Midnight? Not anymore. :\ These days people start at like 5pm the previous day. Here in NY just to get Kingdom Hearts BBS 2 days early people got on line with lawn chairs while the sun was still out the previous day.

#5076 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

This time next week we'll all be hitting the sack after more than 24 hours straight of playing.

or bitching because they are sold out everywhere.

or bitching because they are so high on ebay.

I'd say it will be a mix but don't forget the biggest one....

"(Insert retailer) screwed up my pre-order and I'm out of luck."

I need a new signature.

#5077 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

anyone hear anything about the instore preorders at Toys R us?

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#5078 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

7am? At Best Buy?

Maybe 7am at Target. But not at Best Buy. Those folks will start lining up around 2-3am. If you want one from Best Buy you better start around midnight.

I'm not waiting outside of a store for 12 hours for a goddamn videogame console. If there's that many people at 7AM I'm turning around and just going back to bed.

#5079 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

BB has a gamepad protector for 9.99 on the shelf already here. It has to have a screen protector.

#5080 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hori Screen Protector

http://www.amazon.co...ds=wii u screen
Posted Image

#5081 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'm not waiting outside of a store for 12 hours for a goddamn videogame console. If there's that many people at 7AM I'm turning around and just going back to bed.

Make sure not to wake the other residents of your nursing home whilst returning home. ;)

#5082 ScubaCat

ScubaCat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

7AM? No offense, but it's no wonder you are a step behind in this process. Gotta put some effort in this late in the game. There will be 50 people lined up by midnight, I would all but guarantee that. There is no way you will get one showing up at 7AM

Depends on the store location and allocation. (clever, isn't that??)

I jumped in line at Best Buy around 2am for the Wii and a few people came an hour before they passed out tickets and got one. I'd say about 32 were there overnight for 40 available units.

#5083 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

What's with people trying to preorder today? Preorders have been universally sold out for weeks now, both in store and online. GS isn't even doing a midnight release simply because they don't have any walk up units. Walmart's lawaway preorders have long ended. At this point, the only preorder you might be able to find is if a random target still has some cards. And even those, it seems, require you to wait in line for the console.

#5084 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

I forget sometimes that not everyone lives in a highly populated area so thank you for the correction
Posted Image

#5085 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Don't worry about getting out of bed then.

I need a new signature.

#5086 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

What's with people trying to preorder today? Preorders have been universally sold out for weeks now, both in store and online. GS isn't even doing a midnight release simply because they don't have any walk up units. Walmart's lawaway preorders have long ended. At this point, the only preorder you might be able to find is if a random target still has some cards. And even those, it seems, require you to wait in line for the console.

According to this thread, many wal marts still have layaways available, and nintendo themselves have said that gamestop will be receiving more units than their preorder allotment:

Moffitt: No, not at all. We’ve been through these processes before. We want product to be available on day one in stores throughout the country. If you line up or get there early, you should be able to get product on day one. GameStop has not sold all of their day one allocation. They’ve sold what they were making available for pre-sales. Those are two different numbers. Now, a lot of what we gave them, they’ve sold to pre-sales, but, like every retailer will, they’ve held some back so they have product on day one for consumers that come in the door.
We have said that we’ll have more Wii U units on store shelves in week one than we did for Wii in 2006. We’ll also have replenishment much more frequently during the holiday than we did for Wii. Having said that, though, we’re guessing there could be shortages. It won’t be there every day. Shipments coming in each week could sell very quickly.

Read more at http://venturebeat.c...YL9MirzjchCJ.99

#5087 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

According to this thread, many wal marts still have layaways available, and nintendo themselves have said that gamestop will be receiving more units than their preorder allotment.

FWIW I tried layaway at a local Wal-Mart late last week and the UPC/SKU was being refused in the system, though I don't know if this is company-wide.

#5088 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

FWIW I tried layaway at a local Wal-Mart late last week and the UPC/SKU was being refused in the system, though I don't know if this is company-wide.

It gets refused when they fulfill their allotment set aside for layaway pre-orders
Posted Image

#5089 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

It gets refused when they fulfill their allotment set aside for layaway pre-orders

Interesting. The lady behind the counter said they only had three pre-orders. I thought they'd set a higher cutoff number.

#5090 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

My Walmart said they only had a couple pre orders but had to cut them off nov 1st because that's what corporate had set. They wouldn't tell me any numbers though. Going to try and find out if my local best buy will have any for non pre orders. I was out of the country so I had no way to preorder unfortunately. I'm guessing some military folk have the same issue.

#5091 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

I guess they want to have some on the shelves, makes sense
Posted Image

#5092 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

What's with people trying to preorder today?

Son had fun playing the demo at GS but not in a hurry to purchase it. Worst case I'll get the Skylanders Giants which will hold him up until his birthday.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5093 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

I guess they want to have some on the shelves, makes sense

I'm going back and forth in my head between midnight at Wal-Mart or an early Best Buy stop.

I'd rather wake up around 6AM to try to get to Best Buy around 7AM than have to wander around a Wal-Mart for the same 4 or 5 hours.

#5094 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I found two demo stations over the weekend... the Wal-Mart one had a functional GamePad, but the HDTV wasn't working... the ToysRUs one fully worked, but only had videos.

Thank you, universe, for mocking me. I want to play some Rayman, dammit.

Oh well, at least I got to see the GamePad up close. Silver lining.

#5095 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

I found two demo stations over the weekend... the Wal-Mart one had a functional GamePad, but the HDTV wasn't working... the ToysRUs one fully worked, but only had videos.

Thank you, universe, for mocking me. I want to play some Rayman, dammit.

Oh well, at least I got to see the GamePad up close. Silver lining.

I hear ya, I had similar luck. Best Buy was one of the few retailers locally I came across that had a Wii U with a playable demo.

#5096 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Now that there's press, more people are becomming aware, and Nintendo gets exactly what they'd hoped for..people whipped into a sold out new hot christmas present frenzy. If any hit the shelves, they'll vanish immediately, either by a speculator, or by a parent afraid of not seeing another one on the shelf.

And many people will settle for the lesser deal the basic unit offers, because they cannot locate the deluxe version.

#5097 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Now that there's press, more people are becomming aware, and Nintendo gets exactly what they'd hoped for..people whipped into a sold out new hot christmas present frenzy. If any hit the shelves, they'll vanish immediately, either by a speculator, or by a parent afraid of not seeing another one on the shelf.

And many people will settle for the lesser deal the basic unit offers, because they cannot locate the deluxe version.

Posted Image

#5098 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image

Must you keep trolling this thread? Why cant you Just leave it to people who want to buy the wii u and where to preorder it?

#5099 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

So you're saying that the Wii U will be easy to find at launch? Well Fuck midnight launches I'm just bop into Best Buy around 2pm and pick up one.

:roll:

#5100 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Must you keep trolling this thread? Why cant you Just leave it to people who want to buy the wii u and where to preorder it?

I wouldn't worry about him.. the writing is already on the wall with reported potential shortages of product. He'll be eating a nice healthy serving of crow this time next week. ;)