The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5161 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

So what time is everyone (who pre-ordered) going to pick up their Wii U?

I got mine at WM...thinking about getting there at 11:30 pm..bring my DS and game some games during the wait. Getting there a half hour early for a potential line and in case they oversold their preorders or some s*** like that.

Probably Monday morning. No need to rush. That's what preorders are for!

#5162 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Stopped by my Wal-Mart and they showed me my preorder and said I could pick it up there at midnight Sunday. They had about 30 preorders it seems. Went by Target and they had 3 white preorder cards still hanging up. Also saw Wii U branded points cards that said only good on 3DS and Wii U.

#5163 jwcdis

jwcdis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Did you call them up? Or is that on the page somewhere?

I've talked to them directly through email.
Pretty much as of this moment, they don't know when they will receive units.

#5164 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

KMart is a good one I didn't think of...all the local stores open at 7AM and I bet alot of people don't think of them as a gaming retailer. Hmm.

Targets open at 8AM. The non-24 hour Wal-Marts open at 6AM.

...guess Best Buy's still my best bet at 11AM.

#5165 xavior

xavior

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Remember Micro Center will carry the Wii U (if you have one near you). They open at 10AM sundays iirc

#5166 Esmith08

Esmith08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

My Target and KMart both said I would be able to walk in on launch and walk out with a system. I don't know. My Walmart is 24hr so I might try like a 2AM visit.

#5167 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

Woo, only 6 days left and almost paid off. Also lucked out and got a used copy of Monster Hunter Tri through Best Buy for 8$.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5168 majorscud

majorscud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

Hello from XXXXXXX at Amazon.com,

Hi Major Scud, I am very sorry that I was so late in getting back to you today and checking to see if the marketing team had emailed you with a response. I still don't see that they have responded to our request, but it has become known to me that this map isn't supported by the Wii U platform.

Because the 2025 Nuketown map isn't supported on the Wii U and that was the reason for the change taking place on the website. I am very sorry for any misunderstanding concerning this bonus offer that you won't receive with the Wii U version of this game.

I can see that one of my colleagues has already issued you a promotional credit for the problem and the delay in us notifying you about the status.

I appreciate your patience and hope you will give us the chance to serve you better in the future.

I also hope you will be able to use the credit to purchase something that you will truly enjoy! Thanks so much for shopping at Amazon.com.

#5169 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Okay here's the current plan: I'm gonna try to leave my house by 6:30, to get to Target at 7, an hour before their opening. If the line seems a bit more ridiculous than expected I'll just move onto Best Buy, which opens at 11. There's a Kmart in between, but considering they open at 7AM, I don't know if I'd get there before their doors open.

#5170 majorscud

majorscud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

My plan for launch: Arrive at Target at 5am (I have system preordered, but who knows how that will shake out with them) pick up system for my brother when they open at 8am.

Go to local game store to pickup ZombiU and Darksiders 2

Go to Bestbuy to pickup NSMBU and Sonic Racing

Go to Gamestop to pickup my Wii U system, Scribblenauts, and my pro controller.

Finally go home and enjoy! :)

#5171 Nico8912

Nico8912

Claptrap's Minion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

My plan for launch: Arrive at Target at 5am (I have system preordered, but who knows how that will shake out with them) pick up system for my brother when they open at 8am.

That's quite the gameplan, enjoy!

#5172 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

That's an expensive few hours!

#5173 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Wake up at 7am>Arive at Target at 8 am>Get my Wii U>Go to work at Toys R Us at 9am>Get NSMBU and ZombiU when I get off>cya in a couple days

#5174 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Slightly OT but it looks like Rayman Legends has been pushed from 12/4/12 to March 2013. :/

Improving the tickle physics I read.

#5175 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Wake up at 7am>Arive at Target at 8 am>Get my Wii U>Go to work at Toys R Us at 9am>Get NSMBU and ZombiU when I get off>cya in a couple days

They won't be running the 2/$30 off deal that day, huh?

#5176 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Improving the tickle physics I read.

Mmm...tickle physics.

#5177 majorscud

majorscud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

That's an expensive few hours!

Target: My mother is giving me the money for my brothers system

Local game store: Paid off ZombiU and Darksiders II with trade-ins

Bestbuy: paid for NSMBU and Sonic with old phone trade ins

Gamestop: paid off Wii U, Scribblenauts, and pro controller with trading in 2nd PS3 (still have another one) and a ton of games

Amazon: I paid for Black Ops II with trade in credit also.

So not expensive in cash, but I did do a LOT of trading in at different places to maximize deals and get everything I wanted.

#5178 blackflag

blackflag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

Is there a way to cancel a frys.com order online? Can't find the option. I got a preorder from Walmart and need to cancel the one from Fry's before it ships.

#5179 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

Is there a way to cancel a frys.com order online? Can't find the option. I got a preorder from Walmart and need to cancel the one from Fry's before it ships.

Sure there is, you just put my address in the field and send it this way ;)

#5180 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

I went to my local Gamestop (Morganville NJ) today and there were a few people outside right by the front door with chairs and backpacks. I assume they are waiting for the Wii U.

#5181 majorscud

majorscud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

heads up: looks like Amazon has Scribblenauts for Wii U for $49.99 instead of $59.99 and it ships tomorrow. I just ordered and I'll cancel my gamestop order tomorrow (a scribblenauts hat preorder bonus isn't worth $10 to me.)

#5182 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

I went to my local Gamestop (Morganville NJ) today and there were a few people outside right by the front door with chairs and backpacks. I assume they are waiting for the Wii U.

More likely Black Ops 2.

#5183 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

Or Black Ops 2 lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5184 leungw

leungw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

More likely Black Ops 2.

I hope they are. Can't imagine camping out for that long. :lol:

#5185 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

:lol:

#5186 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

I heard they're waiting for the 720.

#5187 blackflag

blackflag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

Sure there is, you just put my address in the field and send it this way ;)

Lol that wouldn't work out as planned....for me,

#5188 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

I hope they are. Can't imagine camping out for that long. :lol:

Tell it to that crazy Triforce guy camping out at Nintendo World. He's been lined up for about 3 weeks already. Ridiculous.

#5189 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Since it's glossy, yeah, I'd prefer white over black, but I can't deny the addition of NintendoLand, the console stand, and the charging cradle.

Those three alone made it a complete no-brainer for me. If they had a white bundle with that stuff, I'd be all over it... but, you know, not an option. When I realize I'd be buying all three of those 'additions' anyway, I'd feel ridiculously stupid to let color preference defeat the money issue. I'll just keep a microfiber cloth handy and call it a day.

Don't forget the "Digital Deluxe" program that rewards you with points for buying disc based games to buy digital games with. 5$ per game is nice. Toki Tori will be 10$ off for me. Or free maybe. And the program only works with the black deluxe model.

#5190 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

Lol that wouldn't work out as planned....for me,

I think it's a great plan!