The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5191 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Man if I had a pre-order I'd be sleeping in. It's hilarious to see so many "plans" by people that have pre-orders.

#5192 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Tell it to that crazy Triforce guy camping out at Nintendo World. He's been lined up for about 3 weeks already. Ridiculous.

You're telling me he sat through Hurricane/Superstorm/Frankenstorm Sandy? ... :cold:

#5193 Nico8912

Nico8912

Claptrap's Minion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

You're telling me he sat through Hurricane/Superstorm/Frankenstorm Sandy? ... :cold:

They made him leave during the Hurricane but he's back in line again.

#5194 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Only after they promised him the first spot in line again when he returned.

#5195 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

How do you kill that which has no life?!

#5196 kwick7

kwick7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

I went to my local Gamestop (Morganville NJ) today and there were a few people outside right by the front door with chairs and backpacks. I assume they are waiting for the Wii U.

That's my GameStop!

#5197 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

That's what these threads are for. Thanks!

#5198 cold_young_thug

cold_young_thug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

My walmart only has 20 preorders, meaning there will probably only be like 3 each in stock...Fuck Fuck Fuck!

#5199 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

Man if I had a pre-order I'd be sleeping in. It's hilarious to see so many "plans" by people that have pre-orders.

People don't want to leave it up to the stores to hold their systems, even if they are guaranteed. I have a walmart layaway and I'm still showing up 4 hours before midnight just to be sure. I've been waiting for this for a long time and I'm not going to let standing outside for a few hours be the difference between me getting my pre order and missing it because someone messed up.

#5200 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

My plan is just to go to Gamestop and pickup my console on Sunday morning. Too complicated thinking up these various plans and having some shit ruin them completely. After I safely get home with my console, then I'll decide what I need to buy next.

At the moment I have a copy of Monster Hunter Tri coming in the mail, and planning to pre-order Warriors Orochi 3 at GS. I'll be set for a while.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5201 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

Because most of us don't trust retailers to actually know what the hell to do.

No doubt some will get screwed even if they pre-ordered.

#5202 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

My plan is just to go to Gamestop and pickup my console on Sunday morning. Too complicated thinking up these various plans and having some shit ruin them completely. After I safely get home with my console, then I'll decide what I need to buy next.

At the moment I have a copy of Monster Hunter Tri coming in the mail, and planning to pre-order Warriors Orochi 3 at GS. I'll be set for a while.

If I hadn't already played the crap out of MHTri twice I'd definitely play it again. Such a great game.

#5203 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Seriously, you sometimes just never know. I have a deluxe set preorder fully paid off at Gamestop, where they confirmed they were not doing a midnight opening. They did mention they may open a couple hours earlier than normal, so I figure I'll just get there a few hours early.

And no doubt I'll be stopping by 7-Eleven for coffee on the way. :)

#5204 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

Only reason I really got it again was because I lucked out and got an copy through Best Buy for 8$. Been waiting for it to pop up instock on the site, and it was magically there for like an hour today.

I'll be playing the hell out of it till Ultimate comes though. Hopefully I can talk a few of my WiiU buying friends into getting Tri as well
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5205 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

Exactly, Never underestimate the human element.

I need a new signature.

#5206 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Is it confirmed that Wal-Mart will be opening on midnight on Sunday for layaway pre-orders? Or is it YMMV?

#5207 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

if he's that hardcore, why didn't he just pre-order?
Posted Image

#5208 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Yeah.

I need to see if my WM where I'm second in line at is going to start selling the system at midnight. I mean, it's a Saturday/Sunday night anyways so it isn't like I'll be in a rush to get to bed for work the next day.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#5209 InFlames215

InFlames215

DEATH TO FALSE METAL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

I talked to that guy at the electronics section of Target today. I asked if getting the preorder card guaranteed me a console. He checked with his service department head, and said that they would hold the Wii U's at the counter for people that preordered, and is guaranteed.

So I'm crossing my fingers. I'm getting pretty excited for this, it is only 6 days till release.

#5210 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

if he's that hardcore, why didn't he just pre-order?

He probably did! He's just so hardcore that he HAS to have it first. His name is Triforce, for Mario's sake! It'd be wrong if he didn't have it first.

#5211 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

He probably did! He's just so hardcore that he HAS to have it first. His name is Triforce, for Mario's sake! It'd be wrong if he didn't have it first.

Somehow, I'd feel even worse for the guy if that was the case. Camping out days to get something other people will barely have to spend 15 minutes to get just for the purpose of being "First".
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5212 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Not only that but Reggie is handing out the first one. He also handed out the first 3DS which Triforce was there first for that.

#5213 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Not enough sarcasm in that post I guess. I think the guy is an idiot myself. I'd rather be the last person to get a Wii U on launch day if it means I get to, I don't know, live at home for the weeks leading up to it.

#5214 rocky9868

rocky9868

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Is it confirmed that Wal-Mart will be opening on midnight on Sunday for layaway pre-orders? Or is it YMMV?

I am wondering this too myself. I have called my local Wal-Mart a few times now and every time I have been told that the systems would not be available until layaway opens at 9a.m. This obviously goes against what their own internal memo states. Granted I have it pre-ordered but I am not convinced this is going to go seamlessly. I have a 45 minute drive to make to the Wal-mart with the reservation and I really don't feel like driving there at night only to be turned away to have to drive up again the next morning. Problem I also have is that I have NSMBU reserved at Gamestop and it appears that none of those stores are doing a midnight launch either.

#5215 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

So new question: Since I've decided to check out Target first this Sunday, will they be prepped to handle a launch crowd or will it be a case of "First person that runs to electronics and grabs an associate gets a console first."?

#5216 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

I have to work on Sunday from 8-4, so I won't be able to pick it up at opening from GS. I'm going to go there on Saturday and pay off my console, Mario, and the controller and ensure that picking it up after work will not risk my chance of claiming my preorder.

#5217 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

So new question: Since I've decided to check out Target first this Sunday, will they be prepped to handle a launch crowd or will it be a case of "First person that runs to electronics and grabs an associate gets a console first."?

Wouldnt be surprised if it was the latter lol. I'v seen it happen before, its always quite hilarious. Even more so when the employee refuses them service
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5218 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

The real money to be made is on Craigslist and let them comparison shop to Ebay. Just make sure you packin heat or bring a friend and most importantly meet in public as you never know who will show up.

lol packin heat? I meet people in police station lots. Problem solved.

#5219 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Yeah I feel like I saw some people selling 'just the card' though without even having put the money down on it. I could see a bunch of people scamming or such with the cards since people were willing to pay just for those.

Receipts were included with all mine.

#5220 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

You will buy/pick up your layaway at the layaway counter of your local Walmart. There will probably be 2 lines or tickets or something.