The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5221 jcwkings

jcwkings

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

really have no choice but to get mine at k-mart since i get a 10% discount and I have $15 gaming coupon, Just gotta hope that there isn't some huge line or anything. Gonna get there extra early, not camping out though, no way i'm that desperate.

#5222 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

When I look at my orders on bestbuy.com, it says "No orders found." I'm sure it's some weird glitch or something, but it still makes me nervous.

I made an online Best Buy pre-order for in-store pickup right after the Wii U price and date were announced. A buddy of mine did the same thing, but he stupidly used a debit card to pay, and the pre-order was eventually canceled.

This might be a glitch, but it could also be that your preorder was cancelled. They should have let you know via email if it was.

#5223 Alucard400

Alucard400

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

5 days and an hour left!!

#5224 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

Probably Monday morning. No need to rush. That's what preorders are for!

Ditto. I'm going at a time when there will be no line and no worries.

#5225 BigJoe

BigJoe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

- UPDATE ON FRED MEYER PRE ORDERS -

I went to fred meyers (portland OR) and spoke to them about the pre orders. They have a list in store with 5 slots for deluxe and 5 slots for basic. It clearly states on the list AND the pre order cards that

a- you must purchase a $75 gift card for a pre order (which I did)
b- the pre orders will be held for 48 hours
c- the lists are full at all stores

$75 is a big chunk of change to charge for a pre order that only gets you a spot in line. I was told my console will be held for 48 hours so im going to go with that. im number 3 on the list so I should have no problem. I will go in the store and try to find another game employee to squeeze some info out of. I will keep you guys updated with my findings

#5226 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

I made an online Best Buy pre-order for in-store pickup right after the Wii U price and date were announced. A buddy of mine did the same thing, but he stupidly used a debit card to pay, and the pre-order was eventually canceled.

This might be a glitch, but it could also be that your preorder was cancelled. They should have let you know via email if it was.

No, it was definitely a "glitch" or something. Many people's orders disappeared at that time. And it wasn't just the one order. It was every order I've ever placed. Best Buy was probably doing maintenance or something. As I said, everything is fine and back to normal now. My order wasn't cancelled.

I also placed my pre-order for in-store pickup right after they went up on day 1. Paid in full with PayPal, gift cards and reward certificates. Payment has been validated. What does using a debit card have to do with anything though?

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#5227 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

No, it was definitely a "glitch" or something. Many people's orders disappeared at that time. And it wasn't just the one order. It was every order I've ever placed. Best Buy was probably doing maintenance or something. As I said, everything is fine and back to normal now. My order wasn't cancelled.

I also placed my pre-order for in-store pickup right after they went up on day 1. Paid in full with PayPal, gift cards and reward certificates. Payment has been validated. What does using a debit card have to do with anything though?

That's good to hear that it really was a glitch. I think the issue with my friend's debit card was that either his bank denied the charge for some reason and Best Buy just canceled it without telling him or asking for a different payment type. He got an email after the order was canceled and that was that.

#5228 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

That's good to hear that it really was a glitch. I think the issue with my friend's debit card was that either his bank denied the charge for some reason and Best Buy just canceled it without telling him or asking for a different payment type. He got an email after the order was canceled and that was that.

My bet would be that one authorization hadn't fallen off when they attempted another and got declined. Just one scenario though

#5229 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

I wonder if anyone will be selling some kind of shell or case for the GamePads. I'm getting the Deluxe for the bonuses and better deal, but I actually want the white Wii U (but not Basic) because I'm bored to death with black electronics and dust is going to show up on it before I even finish hooking it up. But more importantly, the GamePad is going to be covered with fingerprints. I still can't believe some people think it's a good idea to give handheld electronics a glossy finish! Hopefully somebody will start selling matte or white cases very, very soon.

So what time is everyone (who pre-ordered) going to pick up their Wii U?

I'll be going to Walmart right around midnight. I don't expect there to be much of a line. If there is, I'll just go back later. And because we live in a shitty town, I'll have a gun with me just in case there isn't any security. I don't really think I will actually need it and I know it sounds like overkill, but I would rather take a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it.

heads up: looks like Amazon has Scribblenauts for Wii U for $49.99 instead of $59.99 and it ships tomorrow. I just ordered and I'll cancel my gamestop order tomorrow (a scribblenauts hat preorder bonus isn't worth $10 to me.)

I'm torn. The hat is worth $10 to me, but it would be awesome to have the game early so I can play it as soon as I pick up my Wii U. It's tempting to order from Amazon, pick up my preorder and bonus, and then take the preorder back later and keep the bonus. 'Tis morally questionable, I suppose, but I'm kinda okay with coming out on top. However, I'm also quite lazy.

#5230 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

My bet would be that one authorization hadn't fallen off when they attempted another and got declined. Just one scenario though

I made sure the credit card I used had plenty of limit so it had a minuscule chance of being denied.

#5231 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Ah, okay. Gotcha.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#5232 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Just got back from gamestop picking up black ops 2.

Inquired about WiiU news, my gamestop has 5 pre orders total (one is mine). No special midnight opening, just regular Sunday hours. Very underwhelming

They are expecting double their pre ordered amount delivered for some walk ins. If that holds true across the company, hopefully there wont be a shortage and it will screw over the "buy 5 and price hike on Ebay" douches.

#5233 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

The only way any of those people might be "screwed," is if they held on to them past the return policy.

#5234 gravel

gravel

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

I wonder if anyone will be selling some kind of shell or case for the GamePads. I'm getting the Deluxe for the bonuses and better deal, but I actually want the white Wii U (but not Basic) because I'm bored to death with black electronics and dust is going to show up on it before I even finish hooking it up. But more importantly, the GamePad is going to be covered with fingerprints. I still can't believe some people think it's a good idea to give handheld electronics a glossy finish! Hopefully somebody will start selling matte or white cases very, very soon.

Rocketfish already has one out. I saw it in Best Buy yesterday, and I think it was $9.99.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Diablo III, Skylanders Swap Force, The Puppeteer
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway

#5235 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

I'll be going to Walmart right around midnight. I don't expect there to be much of a line. If there is, I'll just go back later. And because we live in a shitty town, I'll have a gun with me just in case there isn't any security. I don't really think I will actually need it and I know it sounds like overkill, but I would rather take a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it.

This is the most hardcore CAG post I have ever seen.

#5236 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

My wallmart hours are from 6am to 12AM. I was wondering If I can go on saturday around 11:50 pm, and get the system just prior to the store closing.

Also, any news on TRU release?

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#5237 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

My wallmart hours are from 6am to 12AM. I was wondering If I can go on saturday around 11:50 pm, and get the system just prior to the store closing.

Also, any news on TRU release?

The TRU that I preordered at will be opening at 8am this Sunday, so I will be heading there at about 7:45am. Then, if I haven't heard anything from gamestop.com by Sunday, I will be heading to Target to pick up my other preorder. That one is a Christmas gift for my niece that I am having shipped to SC.

#5238 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

The TRU that I preordered at will be opening at 8am this Sunday, so I will be heading there at about 7:45am. Then, if I haven't heard anything from gamestop.com by Sunday, I will be heading to Target to pick up my other preorder. That one is a Christmas gift for my niece that I am having shipped to SC.

Are they going to set the system aside?? I am just concerned I might get screwed:cold:

#5239 junghu

junghu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

I have yet heard anything from Bestbuy at this point except the order confirmation I received long ago.........

#5240 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

I have yet heard anything from Bestbuy at this point except the order confirmation I received long ago.........

did you check the website? Mine says payment validate, so they already put a pending on my card. It think this is good news

#5241 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Are they going to set the system aside?? I am just concerned I might get screwed:cold:

That's what they told me at TRU when I preordered back in Sept. They will have preorders set aside.

#5242 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

I plan on leaving at 11:45 on the night before to Walmart to pick up my layaway. Sleepless night that night!

#5243 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Just got back from gamestop picking up black ops 2.

Inquired about WiiU news, my gamestop has 5 pre orders total (one is mine). No special midnight opening, just regular Sunday hours. Very underwhelming

They are expecting double their pre ordered amount delivered for some walk ins. If that holds true across the company, hopefully there wont be a shortage and it will screw over the "buy 5 and price hike on Ebay" douches.

So what you are saying is I might have a chance to walk out with a system without a pre-order? Assuming my Gamestop as extras outside of the preorder allotment.

#5244 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Rocketfish already has one out. I saw it in Best Buy yesterday, and I think it was $9.99.

Thanks for the info. Not sure how I feel about that, though. I would be more interested in it if it weren't clear; I just know it would annoy me every time I saw a spec of dust get stuck under the case. I was considering a silicone sleeve although they feel funny, but then I realized that they cover up the trigger buttons, which I think would make things awkward. I'm still considering the Rocketfish case, but I may just put up with the GamePad until something better comes along. I would like to just get a Basic Wii U and switch the controllers, but that's a little too shady even for me. But maybe I can find someone on Craigslist who will want to trade.

This is the most hardcore CAG post I have ever seen.

Ha ha ha. I've got a wife and a kid, so I don't want anything to happen to me. And if they decide that they want to go with me, I sure as hell don't want something to happen to them. Of course, if that's the case, I'll probably have them wait in the van and then meet me at the door. Then my wife can run down any potential muggers.

#5245 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

So what you are saying is I might have a chance to walk out with a system without a pre-order? Assuming my Gamestop as extras outside of the preorder allotment.

I'd forget about Gamestop. They have that waiting list going that has about 250k names on it. I would imagine that after preorders are filled, any extras would go to people on that list.

#5246 Edwin29

Edwin29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Ha ha ha. I've got a wife and a kid, so I don't want anything to happen to me. And if they decide that they want to go with me, I sure as hell don't want something to happen to them. Of course, if that's the case, I'll probably have them wait in the van and then meet me at the door. Then my wife can run down any potential muggers.

I'll go to my Gamestop driving one of this Fuck ing tanks. LOL

Posted Image

#5247 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

I'm having my wife meet me at the door at walmart at midnight. This is a real nice and sleepy town, but you never know!

#5248 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Yeah, I don't genuinely expect anything to happen, but I prefer to err on the side of caution. Feeling stupid/paranoid is worth it to me.

#5249 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Supposedly my toysrus took in like 22 preorders 2 are mine/bro so hopefully i will be fine. i used to work there so we shall see.

#5250 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Is there a big crime spree coming that I don't know about? I drop that much on clothes/media at the mall on a random weekend with no fear of being mugged, I don't understand the irrational fear of getting mugged over a wii u.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs