The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5251 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Is there a big crime spree coming that I don't know about? I drop that much on clothes/media at the mall on a random weekend with no fear of being mugged, I don't understand the irrational fear of getting mugged over a wii u.

Rarity of the item. There were a couple of people who got mugged/shot/stabbed in my home town when the Wii came out. People are crazy.

#5252 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I wonder if anyone will be selling some kind of shell or case for the GamePads. I'm getting the Deluxe for the bonuses and better deal, but I actually want the white Wii U (but not Basic) because I'm bored to death with black electronics and dust is going to show up on it before I even finish hooking it up. But more importantly, the GamePad is going to be covered with fingerprints. I still can't believe some people think it's a good idea to give handheld electronics a glossy finish! Hopefully somebody will start selling matte or white cases very, very soon.

I picked up the rocket fish one yesterday but I thought it also came with a screen protector. I think I will return as a clear case doesn't seem all that great

The Nerf armor kit is coming out today at GameStop. It's $20 and comes with a stylus.
http://www.gamestop....rter-kit/103908

#5253 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Has anyone seen a song list for Sing Party? It's a big N published game and even their site has the songs "coming soon" lol. Sorry I know it's not the coolest launch title but I'm a karaoke junkie. :)

#5254 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

The Gamestop I'll be going to told me they had 15 pre-orders and would likely be opening up an hour early. I can't imagine it will be that busy but you never know how many people will just try to walk in and buy one. Hopefully the employees let people know if they even have any to sell live, and if so how many, to keep the crowd down.

#5255 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Is there a big crime spree coming that I don't know about? I drop that much on clothes/media at the mall on a random weekend with no fear of being mugged, I don't understand the irrational fear of getting mugged over a wii u.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe a lot of CAGs just live in Detroit or Oakland or some other hellhole. Youre more likely to have your car broken into while you are buying your Wii U than to be robbed at gunpoint for it. Although, I guess some of those Nintendo fangirls can be pretty crazy!

#5256 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

PDP also has a gamepad jacket / screen protector combo for $20. I can only find it at gamestop right now, and there isn't a release date, but I would assume by next Sunday. It's black instead of clear.

http://www.gamestop....-protect/104771

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#5257 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

those jackets are horrible. Do you guys are really putting that on your gamepad?

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#5258 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

those jackets are horrible. Do you guys are really putting that on your gamepad?

I am definitely getting a screen protector, but none of the jackets / cases appeal to me yet.. I may just put up with fingerprints for now

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#5259 SearchX

SearchX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Okay, I'm an idiot. I had a preorder with Wal-mart through their layaway program. Having no idea how the layaway program works, I decided to pay off my Wii U yesterday. The lady at the desk was very nice and helped me pay it off. Then she realized it was for the Wii U and told me that because I paid it off, the system marks my order as "picked up". CRAP.

Of course, there's no way to re-add me back to the preorder queue since they aren't taking any more preorders. She talked to her manager who agreed to set aside my system for me and give me a call when it arrives.

Lesson of the day: DO NOT PAY OFF YOUR BALANCE PRIOR TO PICK UP

She also said that they would be receiving shipments between Wednesday and Thursday. I doubt they would sell it before the official street date though.

#5260 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

They are expecting double their pre ordered amount delivered for some walk ins. If that holds true across the company, hopefully there wont be a shortage and it will screw over the "buy 5 and price hike on Ebay" douches.

There will be a shortage. Guaranteed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just naive.

#5261 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

There will be a shortage. Guaranteed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just naive.

http://nintendoevery...-3ds-talk-more/

From the horses mouth, yes this guy works for Nintendo, I think i will take his word over all these doom sayers.
Posted Image

#5262 Kingmob46

Kingmob46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

If this was already posted, please keep the flaming to a maximum of three pages, I just don't have the time to go back and dig through all of the posts to see its already there. I thought this was some interesting information from Nintendo America's Scott Moffitt:

"GamesBeat: If I tried to place an order, supposing some retailer had pre-sales still open, how long would it take at this point before I might get one? Is it well into the new year?

Moffitt: No, not at all. We’ve been through these processes before. We want product to be available on day one in stores throughout the country. If you line up or get there early, you should be able to get product on day one. GameStop has not sold all of their day one allocation. They’ve sold what they were making available for pre-sales. Those are two different numbers. Now, a lot of what we gave them, they’ve sold to pre-sales, but, like every retailer will, they’ve held some back so they have product on day one for consumers that come in the door.
We have said that we’ll have more Wii U units on store shelves in week one than we did for Wii in 2006. We’ll also have replenishment much more frequently during the holiday than we did for Wii. Having said that, though, we’re guessing there could be shortages. It won’t be there every day. Shipments coming in each week could sell very quickly.

He is making a distinction between pre-sales and day one on-hand inventory.... so you're saying there is a chance...

Entire article: here

#5263 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

http://nintendoevery...-3ds-talk-more/

From the horses mouth, yes this guy works for Nintendo, I think i will take his word over all these doom sayers.

So either the Wii U will bomb in sales (unlikely), or this will be a huge hit like the Wii.

Nintendo won't be able to produce these fast enough (until at least next year). It just isn't going to happen. We are 5 days away. In 5 days, we can revisit this thread around lets say 1pm and see the chaos. The news reports. The eBay sales.

If anyone is foolish enough to think they can blindly walk into a retail store around 1pm and nab one of these (maybe a base unit :lol: ), they have another thing coming to them. Just look at the pre-order madness!

#5264 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

If this was already posted, please keep the flaming to a maximum of three pages, I just don't have the time to go back and dig through all of the posts to see its already there. I thought this was some interesting information from Nintendo America's Scott Moffitt:

"GamesBeat: If I tried to place an order, supposing some retailer had pre-sales still open, how long would it take at this point before I might get one? Is it well into the new year?

Moffitt: No, not at all. We’ve been through these processes before. We want product to be available on day one in stores throughout the country. If you line up or get there early, you should be able to get product on day one. GameStop has not sold all of their day one allocation. They’ve sold what they were making available for pre-sales. Those are two different numbers. Now, a lot of what we gave them, they’ve sold to pre-sales, but, like every retailer will, they’ve held some back so they have product on day one for consumers that come in the door.
We have said that we’ll have more Wii U units on store shelves in week one than we did for Wii in 2006. We’ll also have replenishment much more frequently during the holiday than we did for Wii. Having said that, though, we’re guessing there could be shortages. It won’t be there every day. Shipments coming in each week could sell very quickly.

He is making a distinction between pre-sales and day one on-hand inventory.... so you're saying there is a chance...

Entire article: here

Great. GameStop has 10 pre-orders and 5 extra to sell to walk-ins.

Those will be gone in seconds.

What happens at that point? When is Nintendo's next shipment? A week? 2 weeks? They have several other launches happening in other Countries as well.

Let's say it's a week. Every retailer is now sold out. What happens next?

#5265 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Great. GameStop has 10 pre-orders and 5 extra to sell to walk-ins.

Those will be gone in seconds.

What happens at that point? When is Nintendo's next shipment? A week? 2 weeks? They have several other launches happening in other Countries as well.

Let's say it's a week. Every retailer is now sold out. What happens next?

e’ll also have replenishment much more frequently during the holiday than we did for Wii. Having said that, though, we’re guessing there could be shortages. It won’t be there every day. Shipments coming in each week could sell very quickly.
He says every week thats specific, why do you have such a vested interest ? Did you buy 10 and are expecting to rape people?
Posted Image

#5266 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

So can I sign up for Target's Red Card at checkout? I'm not big on getting credit cards for everything but I'll take that 5% discount gladly.

#5267 free_willy

free_willy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

If anyone is foolish enough to think they can blindly walk into a retail store around 1pm and nab one of these (maybe a base unit :lol: ), they have another thing coming to them. Just look at the pre-order madness!

As far as the "base units", I could still get 10 preorder cards from area Target stores for those today if I wanted to. Not sure what that means for walking in and picking up units on launch day, though.

#5268 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Question:

I have only one wii remote plus. Will the older wii remote w/out 'plus' play with the wii-u titles releasing?

I am thinking the old wii remotes will work and function properly with the new wii-u titles, but I want to make sure everyone in the family will be able to play together. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

#5269 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

e’ll also have replenishment much more frequently during the holiday than we did for Wii. Having said that, though, we’re guessing there could be shortages. It won’t be there every day. Shipments coming in each week could sell very quickly.
He says every week thats specific, why do you have such a vested interest ? Did you buy 10 and are expecting to rape people?

What he say's and what they do are two different things. They can restock as much as they want - if the Wii U continues to sell out it's not meeting demand.

#5270 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

So can I sign up for Target's Red Card at checkout? I'm not big on getting credit cards for everything but I'll take that 5% discount gladly.

Yes, and you can sign up through your debit card. You dont need their credit card
Posted Image

#5271 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Yes, and you can sign up through your debit card. You dont need their credit card

I don't have a debit card.

#5272 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Question:

I have only one wii remote plus. Will the older wii remote w/out 'plus' play with the wii-u titles releasing?

I am thinking the old wii remotes will work and function properly with the new wii-u titles, but I want to make sure everyone in the family will be able to play together. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

It'll be just like the Wii. Some games will utilize or straight-out require the Motion Plus tech, but a decent chunk of software will work without it.

It's on a case-by-case basis, and you'll basically have to check the box of each game to find out.

#5273 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

As far as the "base units", I could still get 10 preorder cards from area Target stores for those today if I wanted to. Not sure what that means for walking in and picking up units on launch day, though.

Who wants the base besides consumers with no knowledge of what the deluxe has? It's just Nintendo's excuse to say they have a Wii U available at under $300.

#5274 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

I checked my local craiglist, and some guy on there supposedly has 25 preorders on it! O.O

We STILL have not found out what games are included in that Total Rewards website deal.. it says "includes 3 E Rated titles"... but we don't know if they are including Nintendoland in the deluxe box, or 3 additional games.

They DID however give us a delivery estimate...its shipped by a 3rd party supplier, and should arrive "in 2-3 WEEKS".

THIS is why we have our backup walmart preorders. if they try to supply them in the middle of a system shortage, we KNOW they'll send us a cancellation notice.

We are hoping to snag NSMBWIIU, Darksiders II and AC3 during the follow week's TRU sale.. I wonder how many of each title they'll have in stock? We need to add a 3rd title to that for the deal, but are undecided on what else to snag. If it shows up, it'll be the portal owners skylanders set.

#5275 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

What "Total Rewards" 3 games are you talking about?

#5276 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

It'll be just like the Wii. Some games will utilize or straight-out require the Motion Plus tech, but a decent chunk of software will work without it.

It's on a case-by-case basis, and you'll basically have to check the box of each game to find out.

Thank you. Nice to have my question answered. :)

I am planning on Mario and zombie-U. The free title with the console and Mario are the only two I am hoping the regular wii remotes will function.

#5277 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Who wants the base besides consumers with no knowledge of what the deluxe has? It's just Nintendo's excuse to say they have a Wii U available at under $300.

Customers not planning on buying much digital software and who aren't interested in Nintendoland?

#5278 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Customers not planning on buying much digital software and who aren't interested in Nintendoland?

And don't want a Charging cradle/stand.

Or 24GB of extra space.

Big difference for $50.

#5279 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Does the $300 version come with the pro controller?

#5280 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Are you sure about this? Ive heard that Wii U games will REQUIRE the motion plus...the regular ones wont work...
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.