The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5341 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

As a veteran myself, I approve this message.

Second.

#5342 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Why are you still trying to explain yourself? Just do your thing, I think we all get that if you get one you get one and if you don't you don't.

Because it's still five days away and I feel like the more I talk about it the better my chances are.

#5343 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

5 days away!

:whee:
Posted Image

#5344 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Because it's still five days away and I feel like the more I talk about it the better my chances are.

If you're going to have to wait for one, you're going to need to put some time in. Call or go into a few stores and see if you can have them tell you how many they'll have, or if they have a few for walk ins or whatever. If they do, plan to wait a while. Otherwise you risk rolling in late and missing out.

I'd rather "waste" my time sitting instead of waste my money by driving around.

#5345 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

There's literally no point in talking about it if you didn't pre order and you're not willing to wait longer than an hour and a half for a console that's sold out everywhere. It's just not going to happen.

#5346 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'd rather "waste" my time sitting instead of waste my money by driving around.

Well, the girlfriend will be with me so console or not maybe we'll just go out to breakfast or something than just going home with a defeated attitude.

There's literally no point in talking about it if you didn't pre order and you're not willing to wait longer than an hour and a half for a console that's sold out everywhere. It's just not going to happen.

Why are you so certain? I've ready quite a few accounts where folks got into lines for the Wii an hour or two before a store's open and managed to get a console.

#5347 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Well, the girlfriend will be with me so console or not maybe we'll just go out to breakfast or something than just going home with a defeated attitude.

Still cheaper to find a store that should have walk-in consoles before hand than driving around like a chicken with your head cutoff the morning of. You can go get breakfast either way, console or not. I'm, personally, going to go hit up a swap meet with my family immediately afterward.

#5348 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

I remember when I went to Best Buy the night before the Wii launched and saw a line of people outside and asked them what they were there for, they were like "we're waiting on the Wii", so I thought about it and hopped in line and got one too hah

#5349 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Why are you so certain? I've ready quite a few accounts where folks got into lines for the Wii an hour or two before a store's open and managed to get a console.

I'm certain because this isn't my first rodeo. I live in a very small town and there's always been sell outs and tons of people waiting at retailers within 100 miles of me. You should plan for the worst. Trust me, waltzing in an hour before a major console launch is the exception, not the rule.

#5350 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

I'm certain because this isn't my first rodeo. I live in a very small town and there's always been sell outs and tons of people waiting at retailers within 100 miles of me. You should plan for the worst. Trust me, waltzing in an hour before a major console launch is the exception, not the rule.

I used to live in a very large city and for the Wii I lined up an hour before TRU opened and I got one easily. He isn't guaranteed to get one, but he's also not guaranteed to not get one either.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#5351 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Anyone familiar with Scribblenauts? Is this a kids game or enjoyable for adults too? (me lol).

I needed a second game to pricematch Toysrus buy 2 get $30 off so I went with Scribblenauts Wii U and Black Ops 2 360. I was hoping Zombie U would be there but it got pushed back to Nov 18th. Such an impulse purchase :(

#5352 Seerge666

Seerge666

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Just picked up my copy of AC3 for the Wii U, now I get to stare at it til' Sunday.

#5353 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Went to GameStop today for Blops II and checked out the screen protector kit...$10 for three styluses and one (maybe more) screen protectors, officially licensed. I'll have to bite come launch day.

uc.png

#5354 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

So is there a list of stores that will have walkins? I was assuming anywhere that took preorders would be sold out.

#5355 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Just picked up my copy of AC3 for the Wii U, now I get to stare at it til' Sunday.

Wouldn't it be funny if you put it in the Wii and it worked? Lol

#5356 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

So is there a list of stores that will have walkins? I was assuming anywhere that took preorders would be sold out.

There are a couple websites on the first post of this thread that still have preorders available. But all the sites that still have them available are charging more than MSRP, and don't ensure launch delivery or Christmas delivery.

#5357 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Anyone familiar with Scribblenauts? Is this a kids game or enjoyable for adults too? (me lol).

I needed a second game to pricematch Toysrus buy 2 get $30 off so I went with Scribblenauts Wii U and Black Ops 2 360. I was hoping Zombie U would be there but it got pushed back to Nov 18th. Such an impulse purchase :(

all ages fun. Releasing the Kraken never gets old.... until, or course, you call upon the mighty Cthulu
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#5358 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Out of curiosity, has anyone pre-ordered from Deep Discount? I find it odd that they list it as a Nov 20th release. I wonder if they know they'll have units by then? It would be quite ironic if this was the first time DD didn't take forever to ship out preordered merchandise to those who ordered.

#5359 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Well I think I got everyone beat I don't think there is an employee at my 24hr walmart. I've been here since 6 and only person I've seen in the whole store(customer or employee) is the janitor... im just walking around all the lights are off... odd...

Decided to go ahead and quote one of the many examples of wtf people have gone through to snag a preorder. It's all over in a few days.

#5360 jpatern

jpatern

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

I'm at work and haven't had a chance to review posts since last night so sorry if this is a duplicate type post.
I have two on layaway at Walmart (Kenner, LA) and had my dad run by today since he's retired and I'm at work to get the scoop on release day. They told him I can go to layaway at midnight to pick my two systems up. The manager told him they have 44 consoles for release day. By time I spoke to my dad, he was gone. I asked him if the 44 included the 4 on layaway per the manager and he didn't know. He also didn't know how many are deluxe vs basic. He just said the manager told him there were 4 on layaway including my two and they had 44 consoles.
Figured I put it out there just in case. Seems like a decent number, even though I have no clue how many are deluxe but at least it appears Walmarts will have some for people with no preorders.
Just FYI.
Posted Image

#5361 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'm at work and haven't had a chance to review posts since last night so sorry if this is a duplicate type post.
I have two on layaway at Walmart (Kenner, LA) and had my dad run by today since he's retired and I'm at work to get the scoop on release day. They told him I can go to layaway at midnight to pick my two systems up. The manager told him they have 44 consoles for release day. By time I spoke to my dad, he was gone. I asked him if the 44 included the 4 on layaway per the manager and he didn't know. He also didn't know how many are deluxe vs basic. He just said the manager told him there were 4 on layaway including my two and they had 44 consoles.
Figured I put it out there just in case. Seems like a decent number, even though I have no clue how many are deluxe but at least it appears Walmarts will have some for people with no preorders.
Just FYI.

Hah, small world. My first stop Sunday morning will be the newish Target at the Esplanade Mall.

Though this makes me wonder how many the Wal-Mart in Boutte, LA will have. That's the closest retailer to me that will be carrying the Wii U.

#5362 jpatern

jpatern

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hah, small world. My first stop Sunday morning will be the newish Target at the Esplanade Mall.

Though this makes me wonder how many the Wal-Mart in Boutte, LA will have. That's the closest retailer to me that will be carrying the Wii U.

Nice to see another CAG in the neighborhood. I live 5 minutes from that Target but never checked it out for the Wii since I got the two preorders at Wally World. I have no clue about the Boutte location. You may want to check with them. Worse case, the Walmart in Kenner will have some available. The only question is when does the camping start.
Posted Image

#5363 Seerge666

Seerge666

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if you put it in the Wii and it worked? Lol

I'd try for laughs but I'm keeping it sealed just in case the first review pops up and it turns out this version IS inferior to previous-gen.

#5364 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Its hilarious that you've spent hours and hours across several days replying to this thread but you act like you're way above spending over an hour in line to get the console this thread is about.

Hopefully you're just trolling, because that seems pretty moronic.

The biggest reason I've been replying to this thread so much is because it's been a relatively slow work week and I've just been bouncing between here, Penny-Arcade, and NeoGAF, one of which I can't even post on.

It's not that I'm above spending over an hour in line (which is false because I'd be spending a hour and a half in line at Target and five hours at Best Buy) it's that I'm preparing myself to face that fact that there's about a 50/50 shot that I won't be getting a console Sunday. As I've mentioned previously, it's not really a big deal if I don't get one, I'll just be getting it later rather than sooner.

In fact the reason I don't have a pre-order is because it's been only recently that I decided I wanted one, my initial plan was to wait it out until around sometime in the spring, as my backlog is more than enough to keep me company between now and then.

#5365 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Perhaps this is a purchase you don't need right now as it being charged twice overdrew your account? Not trying to be mean but things usually work out how they're supposed to. Maybe this is a sign.

My bank is not overdrawn.. for one, I use a different account for gaming, and second, there was enough money in the account to cover several WiiUs.. BB just kept requesting the funds when the bank already had it set aside.. I agree with the bank to refuse people keep trying to bill me for the same thing.. Im pissed off at Best Buy for doing it, and not giving me any chance to respond when there was a problem. Quit making financial assumptions, I am doing fine.

#5366 fyrflash1969

fyrflash1969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

That really sucks :(. Was it for a store pick up or shipping? Either way I would say go talk to your local Best Buy Manger. Call and find out what hours they work. Bring your pre order email and any other corispondents you have received. Explain your situation to them and they maybe able to help you out if they have extras. If yours was an in store pickup then they should already have one set a side or coming in for the number of In store pickups they has

If you don't ask they can't help. Just being calm polite and asking may get you a system. Managers want to keep customers and do try and help fix situations when they can.

Thanks for the advice and the nice responses I got from most of you. It was an instore pickup, I ordered it the minute it went live because I wanted to avoid any issues. Took the week off so I could play it too with my family over Thanksgiving. I did write a couple managers in town, and called the store where it was going. They were really kinda jerkish at the store, saying I should stand in line after I told them I could not stand in the cold for long periods of time because of my injury. Ill keep a lookout to see if any sites post one available, driving to get one is not an issue. If all else fails, I probably can fill my week with AC3.

Ive had pretty good experiences with BB in the past, especially last xmas season was crazy. I am a silver member there, so it really pisses me off that they wont take help me. In talking with the people today they use the words cant help in the place of wont help. Thats what annoys me the most, they hide behind rules that they wont make exceptions for because it would take them a call to get permission. Ill probably still shop there, but never preordering again.. I talked with my bank, they granted the hold on Friday, then BB repeatedly spammed them requesting another hold for the same thing, so I really do not blame them for denying the multiple requests. Have no idea why BB had to do this so close to release.

#5367 MadMoneyMan

MadMoneyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Down to the wire! Lol Well.... almost! Has anyone gotten charged from bestbuy.com ship to store?

#5368 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Cant wait. I do wish gamestop.com would of shipped the WII Us sooner than 11.16

I would of pre ordered in the store for a WII U at gamestop but its a tad too far to drive on a sunday.

Why cant Nintendo release their stuff on a Tuesday.

#5369 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Down to the wire! Lol Well.... almost! Has anyone gotten charged from bestbuy.com ship to store?

Mine says payment validated.

I used bestbuy credit card for payment

#5370 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

They were really kinda jerkish at the store, saying I should stand in line after I told them I could not stand in the cold for long periods of time because of my injury.

Couldn't you bring a chair? Or is it more the cold? I have muscular dystrophy and if my preorder doesn't go through for whatever reason, I'm gonna try to be out there in line, but I would totally need a chair. Luckily, I have a wheelchair around so that solves that lol. As far as the cold, I mean if you can wrap up in some blankets or something it wouldn't be so bad. Might look weird, but hey, probably never see those other people picking one up again.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image