The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5581 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Its not just Dell, though I understand dell pricing. Some retailers like walmart had the deluxe going for $500 and all they added was the mid-range headset, likewise, other retailers would add one thing (or two) and now its $500. You could argue its all in the mind, but i can swallow $349.00 easier than I can $500, or even the $410 I'll realistically pay for buying one game. But still, $500 for dells bundle when the both games on other consoles are $10-35 cheaper. Im gonna pay for madden 13 on wiiU paying the extra money JUST for a damn map of the plays on the gamepad?

ZombieU is the one of the only games that A) is exclusive to WiiU, and B) actually utilizes the WiiU in a way that wasnt an after-though add-on for the gamepad.

For the love of god stop using the SIZE BBCODE, for Fuck's sake.

In short, stores are making money by charging more, simple as that.

#5582 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

man im stuck in a bind :(. 500 bucks for a system that to be honest will not be played much after first couple days seeing game i want is rayman and it's pushed back. I love mario games but after buying nsmb2 and being sad how not great it was im scared for that game. I think i might take the chance that in spring it's not hard to find. but again as a geek i always want the newest and greatest lol DANG IT.

#5583 cold_young_thug

cold_young_thug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

lol. I like to get my point across. Some people have reading problems, I help them with that. But back to the point, thats whats i figured. I didnt know if my math with taxes was terrible, or the price was inflated, regardless, I'll just be in line @ 10:00 hoping they'll be some units available.

#5584 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Is it just me, or does the Wii-U commercial suck? I'm really starting to question if it's going to go bonkers for Christmas or not. Especially with so many game titles getting pushed back.

#5585 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Is it just me, or does the Wii-U commercial suck? I'm really starting to question if it's going to go bonkers for Christmas or not. Especially with so many game titles getting pushed back.

If by "so many games getting pushed back" you mean Rayman Legends (the only one I'm really aware of), look at the sales of Rayman Origins. Not so hot. It's a must have title for gamers, but the mainstream couldn't care less (i.e., for every gamer that decides to wait to buy the Wii U, there will be 10 casuals who will be lined up to buy that Wii U).

#5586 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

thats the same thing im thinking. Most of the 3rd party launch titles are already on systems like 360 and ps3. Of course you got zombi u and mario that will sell systems but other then main nintendo people most will not buy a syste just for those first party games. I know for me i already have ac3,madden,bo2 for other systems. Those game will not be that much better on wii u seeing i could careless for the small added things thanks to touch pad. Rayman was a HUGE game for most people and that got pushed back.

#5587 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

If by "so many games getting pushed back" you mean Rayman Legends (the only one I'm really aware of), look at the sales of Rayman Origins. Not so hot. It's a must have title for gamers, but the mainstream couldn't care less.

mainstream gamers look for games like ac3,cod2, lets dance 4 and all those are already on other systems. I think wii u will still be a big hit but it might not be like most people are thinking.

#5588 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

if i was nintendo i would have made it a september launch that way it was out before most of the big 3rd party games came out.

#5589 Major Marvelous

Major Marvelous

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

That is false. It is not against the law to not have a product that is listed in an ad. If there was a statement that said "GUARANTEED IN STOCK" and they didn't have it in stock, then that would be against the law.

It is against the law to advertise a product and not actually have the product in stock. It's called false advertisement. Plus, I don't think I've ever seen an ad that says "GUARANTEED IN STOCK," because that would mean that they had an unlimited supply of the item and were 100% sure they weren't going to sell out. Most stores put "while supplies last," but even that implies that they have at least some stock to sell when the ad is released.

#5590 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

mainstream gamers look for games like ac3,cod2, lets dance 4 and all those are already on other systems. I think wii u will still be a big hit but it might not be like most people are thinking.

It will sell out either way. Third party sales may be lower than expected, but the console itself will sell like gangbusters.

#5591 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

It will sell out either way. Third party sales may be lower than expected, but the console itself will sell like gangbusters.

of course it will all new game systems do

#5592 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

I want wii u!

#5593 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

I dont know if Nintendo held back stock on the Wii or not, but if anyone thinks they would have sold as well without the shortage you're crazy imo. Low stock will drive demand. It's like a contagious bug and when everyone is talking about it, it spreads like crazy and people catch the bug and want it. People want what they can't have.

#5594 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

of course it will all new game systems do

aside from handhelds and the ps3.

#5595 dansdaman

dansdaman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I just talked to the manager at both best buy and target in my area and they both said that preorders have already been put aside...I preordered from both places so if anyone in the Hadley MA area missed out on grabbing a preorder send me a PM and I can give you my extra

#5596 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

I dont know if Nintendo held back stock on the Wii or not, but if anyone thinks they would have sold as well without the shortage you're crazy imo. Low stock will drive demand. It's like a contagious bug and when everyone is talking about it, it spreads like crazy and people catch the bug and want it. People want what they can't have.

Very true.

#5597 mBucket

mBucket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

I just talked to the manager at both best buy and target in my area and they both said that preorders have already been put aside...I preordered from both places so if anyone in the Hadley MA area missed out on grabbing a preorder send me a PM and I can give you my extra

Man, I hope the Target stores around me are doing that. I'm so paranoid that I'm going to show up with my pre-order reservation card and it ends up being first-come-first-served and I lose out.

#5598 mojothealmighty

mojothealmighty

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Pre-Ordered mine through Kmart.com back on 09/15, has anyone heard of any issues regarding their pre-orders? I see all these issues with BB and Walmart, just hoping I don't run into any unexpected issues with Kmart

#5599 driftmr2

driftmr2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

We'll see if I end up being glad I took the time to preorder at a B&M (Target w/ RedCard)... can't wait!

#5600 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

I pre-ordered a bundle from Walmart.com sept. 18th the bundle was 516.52 math here so guys can see I did not get ripped off:
Items Qty Arrival Date Price
ZombiU (Wii U) (Pre-Order Price Guarantee) 1 Arrives by Mon., Nov 26 $59.96

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Deluxe Console w/ GamePad & Nintendo Land, Black 1 Arrives by Mon., Nov 26 $349.96

Wii U Pro Controller - Black 1 Arrives by Mon., Nov 26 $49.08

Subtotal: $459.00
Shipping: $13.91
Tax: $43.61
See our Returns Policy or
contact Customer Service Walmart.com Total: $516.52
Posted Image

#5601 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

It comes down to this: Most people will buy this damn thing because they HAVE to have THEE newest gadget/phone/console/whatever. It's what keeps big business, well, in business.

#5602 Gully

Gully

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Stopped by my local GS today to see how they're going to handle wait lists.

I was fourth on the wait list for a deluxe (they only took 9 pre orders for the deluxe) and they have about 56 people on that specific wait list.

What's their brilliant plan? Call EVERYONE on the wait list when they have excess units. No sort of order or anything. Just call in and first come, first serve. Just chaos.

Thankfully, got my BB Pre Order in.

#5603 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

aside from handhelds and the ps3.

ps3 was hard to find for awhile but not like the 360 and wii

#5604 daminion

daminion

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

ps3 was hard to find for awhile but not like the 360 and wii

Probably depends where you live, but PS3s were readily available in the Cleveland area on launch day. I personally bought 2 60GB models in the first week, one for me and one for my brother in law. I think the high price point turned people away.

#5605 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

i just don't know what to do. Take the tell offer and sell those two games or wait till spring when legends comes out and hope i can get a wii U. I really think the dells will not sell out. Who would think dell would get them in and i would have had no clue if it was not for someone posting it here.

#5606 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Probably depends where you live, but PS3s were readily available in the Cleveland area on launch day. I personally bought 2 60GB models in the first week, one for me and one for my brother in law. I think the high price point turned people away.

that's the big thing about gaming and new systems. Not all areas are like one another. Like i said plenty of times wii U could be sold out for months on end in some locations and then some you could end up gettting one if you want one like a week or so after they come out or even alunch day with no problem.

#5607 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

was it? maybe in certain areas, just like with any console it varies. the 360 took the longest for me to locate. I had to stop by target each morning on the way to work and hope one was available.

spoke with my local best buy. my online store pickup order has been put aside. even found out they are doing the midnight launch, although its not listed on the website. I am in my 30's but damn if I don't feel like a kid again.

#5608 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

was it? maybe in certain areas, just like with any console it varies. the 360 took the longest for me to locate. I had to stop by target each morning on the way to work and hope one was available.

spoke with my local best buy. my online store pickup order has been put aside. even found out they are doing the midnight launch, although its not listed on the website. I am in my 30's but damn if I don't feel like a kid again.

here ps3 and 360's were hard to find for many months. The wii on the other hand was not hard to find. Like you said and some people don't understand that here is that just because your area is a certain way don't mean everyplace in this country is that way lol.

#5609 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

I wonder if they will give out gift cards and other SWAG at the midnight release. Apparently they did for black ops if you were there around 10pm

#5610 mBucket

mBucket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Anyone lined up for the original Wii launch around New Orleans (west and east banks)? Just trying to see how the crowds were or if they were hard to find. I've got a card for a black deluxe at two Target stores, wonder if they'd make us wait in the long lines of people without them. Think arriving around opening at 8:00am a good idea?

From what I'm reading on here it's going to be pandemonium with lines of hundreds of people and running out of stock in 5 minutes and people killing each other in parking lots lol