The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5611 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I wonder if they will give out gift cards and other SWAG at the midnight release. Apparently they did for black ops if you were there around 10pm

i was at midnight launce for bo2 at best buy and was told all the swag was giving from activision and activision paid for best buy gift cards for certain best buy stores. So i would not count on it unless nintendo does the same.

#5612 joker999

joker999

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

that's the big thing about gaming and new systems. Not all areas are like one another. Like i said plenty of times wii U could be sold out for months on end in some locations and then some you could end up gettting one if you want one like a week or so after they come out or even alunch day with no problem.

Exactly, Here in Minnesota (Twin Cities area) PS3 was impossible to locate for awhile, heck my friend had to camp out the eve of Black Friday to get just a 20gb PS3. People camped out for a week and I camped out for a Wii on launch which some kids had been in line for 2 days (I got there at 3am day before release and got one :-D ), heck the original Wii you couldn't get here on a store shelf for probably 9 months. The original DS when I lived in San Francisco was impossible to find for months as was Xbox 360 but the 360 you could get on launch day a few places up until about an hour after open.

Reserved my Wii-U forever ago at Gamestop, Deluxe edition. Going to go pay it off Friday, half tempted to dump my Mario-U and get Scribblenauts as a friend worked on it...and I've played my fair share of Mario games.

#5613 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Just jumping in but I've researched a lot of things on this and decided I may bite for one but here's the deal - I'm in no immediate rush to get it. From everything you guys know and have heard do you think this will be like the Wii release where if you didn't get one launch you were forced to either pay scalpers on the net for one OR continually show up as retail stores everyday searching for months until you got one? I just remember it took months for everyone to really get one as they were never in stock and shipments were always limited when stores got them in (mother works at a dept. store it was always like this for them back then) . I'm thinking of getting one maybe in December or January but I'm curious if I'll be able to find one or will it be too late? December probably isn't smart since that's Christmas but what about January at least as I want one but not in a rush but on the other hand waiting until spring + is a bit too much.

#5614 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Anyone lined up for the original Wii launch around New Orleans (west and east banks)? Just trying to see how the crowds were or if they were hard to find. I've got a card for a black deluxe at two Target stores, wonder if they'd make us wait in the long lines of people without them. Think arriving around opening at 8:00am a good idea?

From what I'm reading on here it's going to be pandemonium with lines of hundreds of people and running out of stock in 5 minutes and people killing each other in parking lots lol

I'll likely check out the Wal-Mart in Boutte at midnight. I initially had plans to stop by the Kenner Target and then the Metairie Best Buy, early Sunday morning but alot of preliminary reports I'm reading are saying that Wal-Marts should have a good chunk of 'em available, and with Boutte being a relatively small town Wal-Mart will probably be my best bet.

#5615 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Just jumping in but I've researched a lot of things on this and decided I may bite for one but here's the deal - I'm in no immediate rush to get it. From everything you guys know and have heard do you think this will be like the Wii release where if you didn't get one launch you were forced to either pay scalpers on the net for one OR continually show up as retail stores everyday searching for months until you got one? I just remember it took months for everyone to really get one as they were never in stock and shipments were always limited when stores got them in (mother works at a dept. store it was always like this for them back then) . I'm thinking of getting one maybe in December or January but I'm curious if I'll be able to find one or will it be too late? December probably isn't smart since that's Christmas but what about January at least as I want one but not in a rush but on the other hand waiting until spring + is a bit too much.

im in your same boat only game i want is legends but that got pushed back and i can get one right now from dell if i want one but after playing nsmb2 on ds and seen how not great that game is im scared about mario which is the only launch game i would buy seeing i got all the 3rd party games that are decent on other systems already. I don't think i want to pay 500 bucks for a system i will not use alot. till at least spring.

#5616 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

i had no plans getting the wii u, then today i decided to get one for my kids for xmas. But of course i will have to test it out when the kids are not at home before wrapping it up. Hopefully i can find one locally, if not, its not the end of the world.

#5617 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

you act like every place in the u.s is like your area in every comment you make. You are a person like many that think your area is what represents the full united states area lol. I said this before and will say it again when wii came out here at least 1 or two stores in my area had wii in stock for most of that xmas season then once xmas was over it was hit and miss but for most part if you wanted a wii first couple months you got one. Which is why i think wii u in my area will be the same.

You realize you're doing the same exact thing....right?

#5618 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

You realize you're doing the same exact thing....right?

im not bashing people for saying it's going to be sold out every place like you. of course it will be in some areas but not all. WII was not hard to find here which is why i think he it will not be hard to find. But who knows non of us know till next week.

#5619 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Only for the games that are $49.99 and less this week.

Next week, all Wii U games will be B1G1 40%

Thought it was only black friday but yea that is what i assumed, still gonna take a peak to see if it rings up maybe there might be a bug. So i will update it tommorrow when i find out for sure.

so you could go in right now and buy wii u games? hmmm, i might bite. don't know which ones though.

Auen1.png?7125

#5620 Kingmob46

Kingmob46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Just got home from work and I could not resist checking the front porch to see if there was a Wii U sitting there! Sure I know that it is not possible for it to have been delivered yet, but DAMN, this is going to be a LOOOONG four days.

#5621 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Just got home from work and I could not resist checking the front porch to see if there was a Wii U sitting there! Sure I know that it is not possible for it to have been delivered yet, but DAMN, this is going to be a LOOOONG four days.

where did you buy it? has it shipped already?

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#5622 Kingmob46

Kingmob46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

where did you buy it? has it shipped already?

Sorry, it has not shipped yet, just wishful thinking on my part. I did a target.com order with Sunday delivery. No shipping notification yet.

#5623 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

Target today, showed me the stash. I drooled a little I'm sure. They may get more tomorrow or Friday but ATM they have 17 deluxe(15 pre-sold) and 10 cheapys. (6-8 pre sold) and they are already separated and will not see the sales floor until 6 days after launch.

#5624 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Unless you have a card that is!

#5625 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

I spoke to the manager at the Gamestop closest to my house and he said the wait list is only nine people for Deluxe. So I will go out there tonight and put my name on the list. Hopefully before Sunday they will get in extra units and I will get lucky enough to snag one.

#5626 girlracer

girlracer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

well i preordered at best buy online the 1st day. my zombiU shipped today, my Mario and WiiU are still pending.

#5627 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

If by "so many games getting pushed back" you mean Rayman Legends (the only one I'm really aware of), look at the sales of Rayman Origins. Not so hot. It's a must have title for gamers, but the mainstream couldn't care less (i.e., for every gamer that decides to wait to buy the Wii U, there will be 10 casuals who will be lined up to buy that Wii U).

I thought Lego Underground getting push back was pretty major, that was an early one they were really pushing to demostrate the Wii-U and will likely sell a ton. Marvel Avengers, Pimin, and Sonic Racing got pushed back too. That leaves basically Mario, Ninja Gaiden, Zombie U, and a bunch of ports. Not that launch lineups are ever good, but that's not exactly a sexy collection of must have games to begin with unless Skylanders Giants works some major mojo.

#5628 Brodiemegacorp

Brodiemegacorp

CAG Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Dell Deal Now Shows "Temporarily Out Of Stock - Check Back Soon."
I don't have a decent sig. yet, so I'll just throw ass down here a few times to help the Google Search cause. Ass, ass ass.... ass... assy... asstastic... cheap assiness... asstacular...

#5629 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

My local K-Mart is clueless. They have no pre-orders and have no idea how many they'll have (I live in a ridiculously small town, so you'd probably be able to walk right in Sunday morning and walk out with a console). The woman working there also believes the original Wii is required to use the Wii-U.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#5630 aramsey1986

aramsey1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

I am hoping I can sit outside walmart like I did with the wii and pick one up. If not then no big deal, only 1 game I want for the system right now anyway.
Posted Image

#5631 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Went to my GS today to see how they were handling the pre orders and the manager reassured me that they got consoles in for everyone who preordered but there wouldn't be any extras. I really need to hurry up and decide if I want to pull the trigger on the Wii U or not.

#5632 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Some reports are coming in regarding Walmart's crappy layaway preorder system-

"Well ladies and gents Walmart just out canceled the preorder I had because they said they took in too many layaway orders ( I imagine they got the packages in today). From talking to the manager it appears the situation is this:
If your Walmart knew what they were doing they should have kept a list with the order and number of preorders as they went along in a folder. Many Walmarts had no idea what they were doing and did not do this.

If your Walmart did not do this WiiU units will be handed out on a first come first serve basis to people that come in with their layaway receipt. I was recommended a few Walmarts in the area that were not keeping lists and told to go ton one of those.
"

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#5633 jmanereese

jmanereese

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

I thought Lego Underground getting push back was pretty major, that was an early one they were really pushing to demostrate the Wii-U and will likely sell a ton. Marvel Avengers, Pimin, and Sonic Racing got pushed back too. That leaves basically Mario, Ninja Gaiden, Zombie U, and a bunch of ports. Not that launch lineups are ever good, but that's not exactly a sexy collection of must have games to begin with unless Skylanders Giants works some major mojo.

Yea it sucks that the Lego game isn't a luanch title but after reading this I thought to myself maybe they wanted to hold a title back for March/April when it sounds like they are going to get another big shipment of Wii U consoles. More hype more sales maybe?

#5634 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Some reports are coming in regarding Walmart's crappy layaway preorder system-

"Link"

So you linked a single post that said exactly what your post said, why?

#5635 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Reviews for Super Mario U and Nintendo Land hit tomorrow I think. Pretty excited just for that :)

#5636 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

So you linked a single post that said exactly what your post said, why?

Posted Image

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#5637 Taisaijin

Taisaijin

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Cue the panic police.. but my Walmart online preorder bundle now points to an error screen when I attempt to check it's status.

I know, I know - relax and cup the balls; just wondering if this is par for the course w/ their transition from process to ship?

#5638 Brodiemegacorp

Brodiemegacorp

CAG Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Dell now has the same bundle up, but with the white 8GB model for $409.99
I don't have a decent sig. yet, so I'll just throw ass down here a few times to help the Google Search cause. Ass, ass ass.... ass... assy... asstastic... cheap assiness... asstacular...

#5639 ebay33

ebay33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Dell now has the same bundle up, but with the white 8GB model for $409.99

And the deluxe model is gone.

#5640 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

And the deluxe model is gone.

Yeah, someone mentioned that, a page ago.