The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5671 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Another advantage of paying off your pre-order in advance, being able to walk in, and walk out rather quickly with your product.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#5672 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Another advantage of paying off your pre-order in advance, being able to walk in, and walk out rather quickly with your product.

And this. Just scan my receipt and get me out of there please. :)

#5673 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

I do. I never know when I may need to use it and don't want it tied up.

For some reason this made me laugh. I see you walking down the street, all of a sudden a crisis breaks out and you dig deep in your pocket for your PowerUp Rewards card.

"I got this" you say as you dart in Gamestop and make a purchase that will save mankind.

#5674 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

My main reason for paying off my system preorder from GS in advance? I have a few Wii U launch title preorders through Newegg that will likely be charged on Sunday, and the last thing I want is my bank blocking any of my purchases believing they're fraudulent.

I understand that, but I can't identify. I haven't spent "real money" at GS (or BB) in years.

#5675 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

For some reason this made me laugh. I see you walking down the street, all of a sudden a crisis breaks out and you dig deep in your pocket for your PowerUp Rewards card.

"I got this" you say as you dart in Gamestop and make a purchase that will save mankind.

:lol:

#5676 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Anyone get any shipping change for any of the orders online? Shipping soon or shipped? Or Shipping process even?
Posted Image

#5677 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

I understand that, but I can't identify. I haven't spent "real money" at GS (or BB) in years.

I hear ya. My preorder was paid with about 75% store credit and 25% debit card. I guess I'm just being extra cautious.

#5678 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

I picked up my copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited a few hours ago and I'm still wearing the hat even thought it's too small for my fat head. I'm so ridiculously excited and totally in love with these blue cases. I think I might need some lotion.

#5679 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Maybe I'm missing something, but why do people pay off pre-orders? Why not just pay it off when you pick it up?

A few reasons for me: (1) I know for a fact that this particular GS has been more willing to hold a preorder when they oversell if its paid in full. I have to work Sunday morning, so on Saturday I will be asking the manager to please hold my console until 5, when I will be able to pick it up. I was also first at the store to preorder the unit, in the parking lot before the store opened. Hell, before the wii u press event even started.

(2) I have ZombiU, PlayStation All Stars, and Epic Mickey 3DS all preordered online and set to ship that day. If Chase stops anything because they think its fraudulent, It sure as hell ain't gonna be the console.

(3) I don't really want to have to deal with being in the store that day any longer than I have to. All I have to do is pick it up and leave. If this thing ends up causing people to lose their shit trying to get one at launch, I want to spend as little time as possible between the clerk and the angry parent. "The Fuck you mean you're sold out? He's fucking buying one right now!" I don't want to deal with that. And I'm sure, as with any major new electronics release, there will be boneheads who come to the store all day asking for it. I just want to deal with as little as possible on launch day.

#5680 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

A few reasons for me: (1) I know for a fact that this particular GS has been more willing to hold a preorder when they oversell if its paid in full. I have to work Sunday morning, so on Saturday I will be asking the manager to please hold my console until 5, when I will be able to pick it up. I was also first at the store to preorder the unit, in the parking lot before the store opened. Hell, before the wii u press event even started.

(2) I have ZombiU, PlayStation All Stars, and Epic Mickey 3DS all preordered online and set to ship that day. If Chase stops anything because they think its fraudulent, It sure as hell ain't gonna be the console.

(3) I don't really want to have to deal with being in the store that day any longer than I have to. All I have to do is pick it up and leave. If this thing ends up causing people to lose their shit trying to get one at launch, I want to spend as little time as possible between the clerk and the angry parent. "The Fuck you mean you're sold out? He's fucking buying one right now!" I don't want to deal with that. And I'm sure, as with any major new electronics release, there will be boneheads who come to the store all day asking for it. I just want to deal with as little as possible on launch day.

(1) Does GS have a track record of selling someone's pre-order? I never pre-ordered anything at GS before the WiiU. I thought a pre-order locks your item in. At least for a certain amount of days.

(2) True. Better to work out any kinks now rather than when your at the register picking them up.

(3) Like all those fools picking up BLOPS2 yesterday. I wasn't there for that, but had to wait in the long line. People with no receipt, kids w/ no ID, GS trying to up sell, etc. They should have ran 3 separate lines. 1 for folks who just want to get the game and leave. No up sell. Second line for non BLOPS2 purchases. Third for all others.

#5681 MadMoneyMan

MadMoneyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Heads up! Just called my "pickup in store" best buy and they told me that they were having a midnight launch! Now, the best buy website does not say this so... Make sure you call your store. Another thing that made me a wee bit nervous was the fact that when I asked him about my online order he told me that I will wait in line outside and that the line would go all the way back to the videogames department... I told him my item was "pick up in store" and he said that I was guaranteed a console if that was the case. Thoughts?

#5682 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

(1) Does GS have a track record of selling someone's pre-order? I never pre-ordered anything at GS before the WiiU. I thought a pre-order locks your item in. At least for a certain amount of days.

(2) True. Better to work out any kinks now rather than when your at the register picking them up.

(3) Like all those fools picking up BLOPS2 yesterday. I wasn't there for that, but had to wait in the long line. People with no receipt, kids w/ no ID, GS trying to up sell, etc. They should have ran 3 separate lines. 1 for folks who just want to get the game and leave. No up sell. Second line for non BLOPS2 purchases. Third for all others.

GameStop is normally extremely reliable in terms of pre-orders. But after hearing today that my store "got some of the pre-ordered units today, and should get the rest tomorrow, hopefully"............I don't want to not get my unit because they oversold.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#5683 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Second line for non BLOPS2 purchases. Third for all others.

What's the difference between the second and third lines?

#5684 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

GameStop is normally extremely reliable in terms of pre-orders. But after hearing today that my store "got some of the pre-ordered units today, and should get the rest tomorrow, hopefully"............I don't want to not get my unit because they oversold.

I stopped into my local Gamestop today (Cerritos, CA) to do some trade-ins towards the rest of my NSMBU preorder, and asked the GS manager how Sunday was being handled. I was told they're receiving only enough deluxe systems to cover preorders, but will likely have extra basic units on hand. No midnight release, but they are at least opening earlier, at 9am rather than 11am.

#5685 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

why do you trade in games into gamestop they are the biggest rip off in trade ins heck most of the time amazon offers double what gamestop offers and they give you free shipping to ship it to them. If not amazon i use local gamestroes and still get more then gamestop or craigslist

#5686 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

why do you trade in games into gamestop they are the biggest rip off in trade ins heck most of the time amazon offers double what gamestop offers and they give you free shipping to ship it to them. If not amazon i use local gamestroes and still get more then gamestop or craigslist

Because they have promo's? And sometimes they are better than Best Buy, especially considering how fast they can nuke values sometimes (Or nuke for no damn reason at all)

And lol, not everyone likes ordering from Amazon. I like getting my stuff at midnight or store opening, not waiting all day for the truck to show up and hoping my items are in good condition
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5687 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

Because they have promo's? And sometimes they are better than Best Buy, especially considering how fast they can nuke values sometimes (Or nuke for no damn reason at all)

And lol, not everyone likes ordering from Amazon. I like getting my stuff at midnight or store opening, not waiting all day for the truck to show up and hoping my items are in good condition

i understand the 2nd part but the promos still don't make them great deals plus also means you support that you might get say 10 bucks for a game but then they sell it for triple that. I know longer buy anything from gamestop all from amazon seeing gamestop preorder are not that great and fed up with their priceing and ripping people off. And not a fan buying a new game even if it's open and good chance has been played by store workers.

#5688 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

plus even if you don't like amazon im sure your area has local non bag companys that will give you CASH for games not in store credit.

#5689 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Won't worry when the next gen systems come out anyways, trade-ins will be nonexistant, money money money.

#5690 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

Won't worry when the next gen systems come out anyways, trade-ins will be nonexistant, money money money.

most games have online pass already. I think next gen all companys will have something like that and they will get their money on used sales. Plus the price of gamestop used games why not just by new.

#5691 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

plus even if you don't like amazon im sure your area has local non bag companys that will give you CASH for games not in store credit.

My local game store offered 15$ for a barely month old game that Gamestop gave me 32$ for lol.

Not everyone has the same conviences that you might. And I'm not an idiot who takes a 2 week old game to trade in only to get 10$ back.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5692 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Heads up! Just called my "pickup in store" best buy and they told me that they were having a midnight launch! Now, the best buy website does not say this so... Make sure you call your store. Another thing that made me a wee bit nervous was the fact that when I asked him about my online order he told me that I will wait in line outside and that the line would go all the way back to the videogames department... I told him my item was "pick up in store" and he said that I was guaranteed a console if that was the case. Thoughts?

I'd be careful with that. My Best Buy said they were having a midnight release for Madden and I went and they never opened up. Me and about 5 other people were waiting.

#5693 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Anyone get any shipping change for any of the orders online? Shipping soon or shipped? Or Shipping process even?

I was told by KMart I would be charged today. I have not been charged so far.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#5694 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Yeah the used prices are ridiculous, I buy used online at various places if I want a used game. I wished someone would just hurry up and implement a Steam-like setup for the next-gen systems, the prices and convenience are nice.

#5695 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

My local game store offered 15$ for a barely month old game that Gamestop gave me 32$ for lol.

Not everyone has the same conviences that you might. And I'm not an idiot who takes a 2 week old game to trade in only to get 10$ back.

but you paid 30 bucks to rent the game for a month lol i always sell my games on craigslist for 50 bucks when they are new like that. gamestop then sold that game for 55 bucks.

#5696 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Who ever said I even paid full price for the game lol? I buy the majority of new releases at Best Buy and get either price matches or do flips toward them.

I dont want to wait days/weeks just to sell the game on Craigslist for a small profit.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5697 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

I paid off my console, controller, and Mario today at GameStop. I asked if they got enough in to cover preorders. They told me they got some in today and are supposed to be getting the rest tomorrow. That is extremely discouraging, considering I have to work Sunday morning. Does anyone know if GS will release my console to another person with my permission? If so I can ask somebody else to pick it up for me at opening. If not, I might be screwed.

What is it with you people. You paid it off. If they give it to someone else you have them by the boys. Black helicopters flying around all up in this thread.

#5698 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Yeah the used prices are ridiculous, I buy used online at various places if I want a used game. I wished someone would just hurry up and implement a Steam-like setup for the next-gen systems, the prices and convenience are nice.

i like having the physical disk in my hand if im going to pay 60 bucks for a game i don't want a download game. Im not a big steam user unless the game is like 5-20 bucks. If anything would happen i think it would run like onlive where you play a game streaming to your system but we seen how bad that works.

#5699 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

What is it with you people. You paid it off. If they give it to someone else you have them by the boys. Black helicopters flying around all up in this thread.

I'd rather be paranoid before and have it all be for naught instead of being upset after and not having my console. There's a reason I have 3 preorders and no, it's not to flip them. I don't trust retailers nor the people they have working this time of year. Better safe than sorry.

#5700 Dr. Dib

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

Just curious, has anyone's GameStop, in the US, said that they were going to do a Midnight launch or open early on Sunday? I called mine and they said they hadn't gotten an email from corporate about what they are doing and won't know at the latest by Friday, which is when I'll probably call.

Honestly I wouldn't be disappointed by a lack of a midnight release for a preorder, I like sleeping early when I can, but I would be disappointed if I had to wait until there normal opening time if they aren't opening earlier.

I didn't ask about preorder fulfillment though, will probably do that when I call on Friday.

Just call Saturday night to ask them to hold your console, and again Sunday morning when they open to make sure they hold it to be reassured. Just make sure you mention it's a preorder, since I doubt they can hold new consoles on launch day that aren't preordered.

If you are really worried get employee names and ID numbers and ask if they are going to be there when you plan to arrive. If not, ask when the people that will be there are going to get in so you can call again to remind them. Doesn't 100% guarantee you, but it does make sending an email to corporate complaining about not getting a Wii U you preordered a lot easier :P.