The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5821 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Seriously. They'll tell you that Imagine Babyz is going to sell out if they think that'll get you to buy it.

Let's go back... It's 1996. My friend and I drove to Mansfield(35 mins) to pickup an N64. Sold out. So we drove to Sandusky(90 mins) and got one at GameStop but they were out of all games lol. Stopped at 6 stores finally found Mario 64 at ....... Service Merchandise lol 75$ sticker price. #worthit
Ocarina of Time is the last game I have ever seen sell out at launch.

#5822 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Wow.. gonna call and try it later today.

It's been happening mostly on the west coast.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#5823 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

So who would be the best to ask about a midnight launch line at Wal-Mart? Someone in electronics, someone in layaway, or a manager?

If the Walmart is only open 7am-10pm (the times most stores in New England are open), then they won't be doing a midnight release. If the store is 24 hours, just fucking wait in the electronics department.

Currently playing:

#5824 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Let's go back... It's 1996. My friend and I drove to Mansfield(35 mins) to pickup an N64. Sold out. So we drove to Sandusky(90 mins) and got one at GameStop but they were out of all games lol. Stopped at 6 stores finally found Mario 64 at ....... Service Merchandise lol 75$ sticker price. #worthit

To be fair, things were a bit different in the N64 days due to the higher cost and time it took to manufacture a cartridge vs. a disc these days.

#5825 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

If the Walmart is only open 7am-10pm (the times most stores in New England are open), then they won't be doing a midnight release. If the store is 24 hours, just fucking wait in the electronics department.

24 hour Wal-Mart. Maybe I'll drag a lawn chair over from sporting goods.

I was planning on showing up around 6PM and wait it out till midnight. I'd just hate for midnight to roll around only to find out there was a line somewhere on the other side of the store and I've been waiting around for nothing.

#5826 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

24 hour Wal-Mart. Maybe I'll drag a lawn chair over from sporting goods.

I was planning on showing up around 6PM and wait it out till midnight. I'd just hate for midnight to roll around only to find out there was a line somewhere on the other side of the store and I've been waiting around for nothing.

Talk to a manager when you get there, that'll pretty much guarantee you're in the right place or that if you're starting the line that people will know where the line begins.

#5827 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Odds are, you'll have to begin the line at the Electronics Department cash register.

Currently playing:

#5828 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Odds are, you'll have to begin the line at the Electronics Department cash register.

Gotcha. I just don't want to look awkward or suspicious or be in the way of the rest of the customers.

#5829 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Not true. I'm in NH and my Walmart isn't 24 hours and is doing a midnight release. Just call your walmart, ask to speak to a manager and ask them.

#5830 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

So after all that you are now planning on showing up 6 hours early???

Bout time you came around haha
Posted Image

#5831 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Service Merchandise lol, I'm old enough to remember browsing that store when I was a kid.

#5832 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

I can't believe so many "hardcore nintendo fans" can order their consoles and wait for delivery. Nintendo always launches on Sunday so you know it's shipping on Monday. Even express($$$$) shipping gets it to you Tuesday. Not to mention your console being on the floor of a USPS or ups truck under a box of frozen Omaha steaks and snow blowers from amazon lol
Just go outside. Once. :) I like waiting in line for consoles though so that's just me!

#5833 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

So after all that you are now planning on showing up 6 hours early???

Bout time you came around haha

The difference is that a 24-hour Wal-Mart allows me to wait inside the building instead of outside of the store.

#5834 jrbatche2001

jrbatche2001

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Not true. I'm in NH and my Walmart isn't 24 hours and is doing a midnight release. Just call your walmart, ask to speak to a manager and ask them.

Which store in NH is this? I missed the whole pre-order wave (didn't get the itch until trying the Rayman demo, and by then it was too late), and I'm flying out to visit family for the week Sunday morning, so can't really try to find anything then (and we don't really have many/any 24-hr stores up here). But if there's a wal-mart nearby doing a midnight release i might drive over there to check it out, i only need 3-4 hours sleep anyway, it's not like i'm flying the plane :-P

#5835 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Which store in NH is this? I missed the whole pre-order wave (didn't get the itch until trying the Rayman demo, and by then it was too late), and I'm flying out to visit family for the week Sunday morning, so can't really try to find anything then (and we don't really have many/any 24-hr stores up here). But if there's a wal-mart nearby doing a midnight release i might drive over there to check it out, i only need 3-4 hours sleep anyway, it's not like i'm flying the plane :-P

The one in Gilford. They seem like they're in the up and up. Called them yesterday and they said they are probably getting more than pre ordered.

#5836 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

I can't believe so many "hardcore nintendo fans" can order their consoles and wait for delivery. Nintendo always launches on Sunday so you know it's shipping on Monday. Even express($$$$) shipping gets it to you Tuesday. Not to mention your console being on the floor of a USPS or ups truck under a box of frozen Omaha steaks and snow blowers from amazon lol
Just go outside. Once. :) I like waiting in line for consoles though so that's just me!

Free standard shipping is fine with me. Something about standing in line sucking auto exhaust fumes in a Buffalo parking lot at 5AM on one of my few days off... I don't know, it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. :)

#5837 jrbatche2001

jrbatche2001

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

The one in Gilford. They seem like they're in the up and up. Called them yesterday and they said they are probably getting more than pre ordered.

Crap, that's over an hour away (I'm on the seacoast), which means i wouldn't get home until until 1:30 at the earliest, leaving me zero time to set up and try it out before leaving for the airport at 5am unless i skip sleep altogether. I might call a couple of locations closer to me to see if they're doing something similar, though. Thanks for the heads up, i didn't even know it was a possibility.

#5838 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

The cards are out at bestbuy but you can just attach a cc to your account. Remember if your getting the deluxe model to register whatever disc games you buy fur your eShop credit!

Good to know I can just attach a CC much rather do that then have left over money just sitting In the account because of the cards

So your saying that we get eshop credit from the bonus for deluxe owners even if we bought the retail game? That would be awesome!! But I haven't seen anything on that do you have a link? thanks!

#5839 ch2423

ch2423

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

The difference is that a 24-hour Wal-Mart allows me to wait inside the building instead of outside of the store.

This is also up to the individual store and manager. When the PS3 launched my 24 hour Walmart made us wait outside. Nothing about Walmart is consistent or planned.

#5840 jakowako

jakowako

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

A note for anyone that reserved your Wii U at Toy's R Us - I just received an email stating I can pick up my Deluxe preorder starting Sunday, November 18th. The email shows the store I preordered it at and my order number, which matches the number on preorder receipt. If you preordered through TRU you might want to check your inbox.

#5841 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Crap, that's over an hour away (I'm on the seacoast), which means i wouldn't get home until until 1:30 at the earliest, leaving me zero time to set up and try it out before leaving for the airport at 5am unless i skip sleep altogether. I might call a couple of locations closer to me to see if they're doing something similar, though. Thanks for the heads up, i didn't even know it was a possibility.

If I were you I'd just call the Walmart stores surrounding where you're staying and ask if they are doing a midnight launch. I'm sure you'll find one.

#5842 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Only a few days of left. *sigh of relief*. But I'm a bit nervous about buying one. i actually hate being a first mover a lot of times because there usually isn't a lot of content until year two. HOWEVER, I am guaranteed one and I can use it to catch up on Wii games (Skyward Sword) since I don't have a Wii. But there's so much on my 360 and PS3 I have yet to finish. Anyone else feel the same.

Also, I see why the Wii didn't have the same power as the Xbox 360. All of the games are too much of the same. You do need differentation.
Posted Image

#5843 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Only a few days of left. *sigh of relief*. But I'm a bit nervous about buying one. i actually hate being a first mover a lot of times because there usually isn't a lot of content until year two. HOWEVER, I am guaranteed one and I can use it to catch up on Wii games (Skyward Sword) since I don't have a Wii. But there's so much on my 360 and PS3 I have yet to finish. Anyone else feel the same.

Also, I see why the Wii didn't have the same power as the Xbox 360. All of the games are too much of the same. You do need differentation.

The Wii didn't have the same power as the Xbox 360 because Nintendo gave up the specs race and instead for a different approach: Expanded Audience. Like with the DS they developed new ways to play the game and went for lower-cost hardware so it would be an easier sell.

Luckily for them it worked.

#5844 cold_young_thug

cold_young_thug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So I called Wal-Mart and apparently my store won't be carrying anymore wiiu's than the preorders. Kind of pissed because I didn't preorder. But what happens to those preorders that don't get picked up?

#5845 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Naw, they're allowed to ship before the launch date, as long as it's not delivered before the launch date. So they could realistically ship them out tomorrow (Friday) and be fine. I would imagine that many people, especially those who picked expedited shipping, will get theirs on Monday.

#5846 grumpier

grumpier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

They are in layaway. Don't count on getting one there.

#5847 mastere333

mastere333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I called Target.com to see if they would be able to tell when the system would ship since the delivery date is listed as Sunday. The lady I spoke with had no idea when it would ship, but assured me that I would get an automatic refund of the shipping price if it is past the estimated delivery date.

Naw, they're allowed to ship before the launch date, as long as it's not delivered before the launch date. So they could realistically ship them out tomorrow (Friday) and be fine. I would imagine that many people, especially those who picked expedited shipping, will get theirs on Monday.

#5848 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Walmart doesn't receive consoles via UPS. You failed there, buddy.

Huh? Walmart does receive consoles via ups early in the console's life cycle, before eventually shipping from their own warehouse.

#5849 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

So I called Wal-Mart and apparently my store won't be carrying anymore wiiu's than the preorders. Kind of pissed because I didn't preorder. But what happens to those preorders that don't get picked up?

They're layaway, that means they'll be held until the middle of Dec.
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#5850 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

I got the WII U games I pre ordered from Kmart.

Black Ops 2 and Batman.

Something I dident know. According to back of the box of batman. You can play the game on it. Like pressing that tv button streams the game on the pad.