The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#5881 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

I personally despise Kmart, but if it gets me a Wii-U I'm down for it, hoping they don't cancel our orders but who knows, seems like it was based on some sort of stock on hand as it was hard to find one in my area.

#5882 mBucket

mBucket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

7000 Veterans Memorial Blvd. The one near David Dr./Chuck E Cheese.

Yeah, that's the only one that showed up originally. You got lucky I guess. I'm hoping my pre-order card at Target on Clearview gets me a deluxe system.

#5883 rawtoast

rawtoast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Try this link, http://m.kmart.com/p...D=1886881&aff=Y

I also ordered one.

Wow. I just ordered one too! Thanks! Great find!

#5884 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Looking at NSMBU gameplay, I decided I want it. It seems like they actually changed the level music from the first 3 games (or at least added a lot of new music in). Plus different backgrounds :lol:.

That and I am getting Epic Mickey 2 for PC now since I got it for $30.

I may or may not be doing the Old Navy deal, depending on if my Wii-U comes in before next Friday from gamestop.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#5885 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Just placed an order with Kmart. Let's see what happens.

#5886 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

So what's "pending e-mail confirmation" mean?

#5887 elvis731

elvis731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Naw, they're allowed to ship before the launch date, as long as it's not delivered before the launch date. So they could realistically ship them out tomorrow (Friday) and be fine. I would imagine that many people, especially those who picked expedited shipping, will get theirs on Monday.

Exactly. I would have done in-store pickup via Best Buy, but at the time I pre-ordered, all my local stores showed as unavailable. They suddenly became available after the pre-order and I didn't want to cancel my existing order. At the end of the day, who cares? At most, it's a couple days difference.

Halo 4 will keep occupied until I get it...

#5888 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

nothing at the kmart near me.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#5889 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Has anyone got a shipping confirmation from Target yet for a Sunday delivery with the express shipping? I'm still trying to figure out how they are going to ship on a Sunday. My order says it will be delivered by Sunday, but the target website also says they don't do weekend shipments.

you will not get the the thing till monday nothing gets delivered on sunday sorry your out of luck. Any one that order online will not get it till monday

#5890 mBucket

mBucket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

So what's "pending e-mail confirmation" mean?

Perhaps they sent you an email where you have to confirm that it's your email address by clicking a link. Similar to signing up for a forum account. Did you checkout using "Continue as guest" instead of signing into a Kmart account?

#5891 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

I think that just means it is pending an email to confirm the order was placed, I never received an actual 'order' e-mail yet, but my account shows the order as open/pending.

#5892 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Perhaps they sent you an email where you have to confirm that it's your email address by clicking a link. Similar to signing up for a forum account. Did you checkout using "Continue as guest" instead of signing into a Kmart account?

Signed into my existing KMart account, though it was my first online order as I received a "Thank you for creating a kmart.com account" e-mail afterward. (Previously only used the account for the KMart rewards program)

#5893 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

I can't believe so many "hardcore nintendo fans" can order their consoles and wait for delivery. Nintendo always launches on Sunday so you know it's shipping on Monday. Even express($$$$) shipping gets it to you Tuesday. Not to mention your console being on the floor of a USPS or ups truck under a box of frozen Omaha steaks and snow blowers from amazon lol
Just go outside. Once. :) I like waiting in line for consoles though so that's just me!

i buy all my video games or systems online unless a store has a crazy sale. just like the idea of shoping from home and release date arrive don't hurtplaces like amazon it can save tons of money seeing most states they don't charge tax. if amazong had wii u systems i would have got one for sure.

#5894 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hah, and they just sent me a $10 coupon this morning.

Oh well, guess I'll use it on a game or something.

#5895 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

I got an error when I checked out with the message "An error has occurred," but Paypal is showing a payment request, and my credit card has been pre-authorized. No e-mail or anything, and I was using a guest account. I'm guessing that's probably the worst possible outcome of this situation.

#5896 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

The Wii didn't have the same power as the Xbox 360 because Nintendo gave up the specs race and instead for a different approach: Expanded Audience. Like with the DS they developed new ways to play the game and went for lower-cost hardware so it would be an easier sell.

Luckily for them it worked.

it worked for them money wish yes. It hurt gamers because thanks to the no so great power the 3rd party support was just not their and thankfully seems like that will not be the case for wii U.

#5897 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

About console power - I just don't think it is that important anymore. The Wii U is capable of 1080p and while the other consoles, when they eventually come out, might be more powerful I'm more interested in good games than I am powerful consoles. This past console generation most of the games that came out on ps360 that were AAA titles were also availbe for pc and look better on that platform. I game on my pc so those consoles don't offer me much. Red Dead Redemption being the stand out that never came to pc. For me personally PC+Nintendo offers most of what I need and want. The one major exception being a Japanese 360 for Cave shmups but most people didn't import a Japanese 360 anyhow.

#5898 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

About console power - I just don't think it is that important anymore. The Wii U is capable of 1080p and while the other consoles, when they eventually come out, might be more powerful I'm more interested in good games than I am powerful consoles. This past console generation most of the games that came out on ps360 that were AAA titles were also availbe for pc and look better on that platform. I game on my pc so those consoles don't offer me much. Red Dead Redemption being the stand out that never came to pc. For me personally PC+Nintendo offers most of what I need and want. The one major exception being a Japanese 360 for Cave shmups but most people didn't import a Japanese 360 anyhow.

I have to agree. I built a solid "gaming" PC a couple of years ago -- it isn't even top of the line but games look great on it. And Steam has really transformed PC gaming in general. Have barely used my PS3 since.

#5899 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

it worked for them money wish yes. It hurt gamers because thanks to the no so great power the 3rd party support was just not their and thankfully seems like that will not be the case for wii U.

To be honest, there was enough software from Nintendo alone to keep me busy. Include the good third-party efforts that were there like Goldeneye, Red Steel 2, and Monster Hunter Tri, plus others, and I had more than enough to play.

#5900 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

For those that preordered from Best Buy (and did in-store pickup), is your order still at the "Payment Validated" phase? Or, has it moved on?

Order Status:: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 11/18/12.
Order Received
Payment Validated
Preparing Order
Ready for Pickup
Item Picked Up

#5901 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Nintendo didnt push hard with wii because they didnt have to. Wii dominated last gen in sales, game sales, console sales, controller sales etc.

I do expect Sony and Microsoft to come back with a huge effort for their next consoles. Should be fun

system sales yes, GAME sales NO lol ps3 and 360 had every major franchise NO WAY wii beat them in total game sales. Who got call of duty for the wii lol that game alone sold tons and tons of games for 360 and ps3. The wii had awful 3rd party support most good games for most of the life of the wii was nintendo first party games.

#5902 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

I wonder if maybe the e-mail confirmation doesn't show up until the product is actually ready for pickup (I.E. Sunday AM)

#5903 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

About this coming new generation of consoles, every new cycle has hardcore gamers push the initial userbase numbers in the beginning. That's how you get the consoles a rolling start. you then get third party support for software with that userbase. in the case of the Wii U, it will be the inbetween the HD consoles and the new upcoming Sony and MS consoles. With the currenty wii U graphics, it will have games that the 360 and PS3 get. What people dont see is, the new PS4 and MS consoles will have to compete not only against tablets, Wii U. But also against their own previous consoles. You think companies like Ubisoft, Square and Capcom are willing to pony up millions of dollars to develop a game looking so good on one or two consoles that each have a userbase of only 3 million or less? Nintendo was smart to make their Wii U about the same power as the current HD consoles. they get ports of the games. a PS4 or an xbox 720 will not get a exclusive high graphics game. it will be a port that has slightly better graphics.

some major game companys have already said they are working on games for next gen systems so your last part is complete false.

#5904 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

system sales yes, GAME sales NO lol ps3 and 360 had every major franchise NO WAY wii beat them in total game sales. Who got call of duty for the wii lol that game alone sold tons and tons of games for 360 and ps3. The wii had awful 3rd party support most good games for most of the life of the wii was nintendo first party games.

Again though, I don't understand why anyone would want to play that style of game on a console rather than pc. Mouse and keyboard are far superior to a controller for fps.

#5905 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Yes in game sales, Wii fit was the highest selling of all time i believe.

#5906 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Again though, I don't understand why anyone would want to play that style of game on a console rather than pc. Mouse and keyboard are far superior to a controller for fps.

i play all my pc games with a 360 gamepad never been a fan of keyboard

#5907 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Yes in game sales, Wii fit was the highest selling of all time i believe.

Mario Kart Wii is around the 32m mark as well

#5908 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

DANG no kmart in my area has preorder :(

#5909 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

i play all my pc games with a 360 gamepad never been a fan of keyboard

I use a 360 pad for console emulators on my pc but that is about it.

#5910 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

PC Elitist...
I hate keyboard and mouse. Precision is so wonky on it and I hate using the keyboard to move. wasd can suck it!