Photo
- - - - -

The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#6031 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

Any other good games to get?

Scribblenauts!

#6032 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

I'm not worried about walk-ins. I'm worried about not having enough to cover all pre-orders. A friend of mine used to work at another GS store. I wish he still did, I'd have him call the one I pre-ordered at and try to get a freaking straight answer on if they have enough deluxe consoles to cover their preorders.

The email to all stores says that the preorders will be covered day 1. In the case of mine, all preorders and a handful of waitlist were covered. All deluxe.

The email also warned for all preorders and wait list to be put aside

#6033 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

If I get a GS PUR coupon for $10 any GS purchase, could I use it when I completely pay off my preorder? I'd like to pay off my system tomorrow or Saturday to simplify pickup on Sunday but I want to use the coupon.

uc.png

#6034 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

The email to all stores says that the preorders will be covered day 1. In the case of mine, all preorders and a handful of waitlist were covered. All deluxe.

The email also warned for all preorders and wait list to be put aside

Off topic, but since you work at GS, i'm hoping you can answer this for me. I've always kind of wondered. I've heard about the whole "if an employee doesn't get enough pre-orders or PUR cards sold, they're fired" thing. Is that true? And if so, is it super firm? Or is it case by case? If a manager knows an employee is working his/her ass off but still happens to come up short, are they still gone? I'm not bashing GS at all (in fact the B2G1s and full service pre-orders make them my preferred B&M store), it's just something i've always kind of wondered. I have a buddy who used to work at GS, but he was mainly at a Funcoland and only at GS for less than a year after they took it over before he ended up leaving to go to school out of state, and he said he never really had a policy like that at his store.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#6035 bodine1231

bodine1231

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

Thanks for the Target online heads up!! Picked up the system with Sunday shipping,now I dont have to wait in line for 10 hours,woot!!

#6036 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

Off topic, but since you work at GS, i'm hoping you can answer this for me. I've always kind of wondered. I've heard about the whole "if an employee doesn't get enough pre-orders or PUR cards sold, they're fired" thing. Is that true? And if so, is it super firm? Or is it case by case? If a manager knows an employee is working his/her ass off but still happens to come up short, are they still gone? I'm not bashing GS at all (in fact the B2G1s and full service pre-orders make them my preferred B&M store), it's just something i've always kind of wondered. I have a buddy who used to work at GS, but he was mainly at a Funcoland and only at GS for less than a year after they took it over before he ended up leaving to go to school out of state, and he said he never really had a policy like that at his store.

When I managed a Gamestop we didn't fire people based on preorders/PUR signups. We fired people who sucked at the job and only worked there for a discount. I also didn't let people check out new games.

#6037 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

Its important, but not job threatening. However the key holder management will be forced to step down if they don't give maximum effort to push cards, reserves, I devices and so on. Again we are not a holes about it but it depends on who runs the roost, and the area. Knowing the area usually sets the expectations. I've seen a guy removed from store manager to assistant because of lack of leadership but not numbers. The same store manager forced a step down of another guy for lack of numbers although his productivity was fine. Give it your best is all I ask for.

#6038 Todmicahels

Todmicahels

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

So does anyone know if the non 24hour Walmarts are supposed to stay open after 12 to give the Wii U's? Or do we have to wait til early sunday morning?

Mine closes at 12am.

#6039 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

So does anyone know if the non 24hour Walmarts are supposed to stay open after 12 to give the Wii U's? Or do we have to wait til early sunday morning?

Mine closes at 12am.

sunday morning. walmart never opens stores that are not 24/7 for releases

#6040 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Its important, but not job threatening. However the key holder management will be forced to step down if they don't give maximum effort to push cards, reserves, I devices and so on. Again we are not a holes about it but it depends on who runs the roost, and the area. Knowing the area usually sets the expectations. I've seen a guy removed from store manager to assistant because of lack of leadership but not numbers. The same store manager forced a step down of another guy for lack of numbers although his productivity was fine. Give it your best is all I ask for.

Thanks for the answer, that kind of clears it up. I've always wondered about that.

#6041 PRrambo

PRrambo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

I called Walmart last night, asked for electronics and was put through to a woman who knew nothing of the pre-order situation and said my walmart would not do a midnight launch.

However, I called again this morning and asked for layaway and got a hold of another woman who not only told me that they ARE doing a midnight launch, but even confirmed that the pre-orders were covered. She even told me she found the one with my name on it! That was so re-assuring haha.

So if anybody else is having trouble with wally world, I would suggest asking for layaway. This is not the first time that the electronics people were totally clueless about something.

#6042 iiinightmar3ii

iiinightmar3ii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

So is there any store that didn't take more pre-orders than systems? I'm looking to start going to any store right after these things launch a few times a week when they open to see if they got any in. Don't want to waste my time if they are just going to give all the systems that come in to existing pre-orders.

#6043 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

sunday morning. walmart never opens stores that are not 24/7 for releases

My Walmart closes at midnight but they are staying open for a midnight launch.

#6044 Esmith08

Esmith08

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

My Walmart is 24 hr, so I am wondering if they are going to start putting the consoles out at around 12. What do you guys think?

#6045 grumpier

grumpier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

My Walmart is 24 hr, so I am wondering if they are going to start putting the consoles out at around 12. What do you guys think?

Yes.

#6046 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

So is there any store that didn't take more pre-orders than systems? I'm looking to start going to any store right after these things launch a few times a week when they open to see if they got any in. Don't want to waste my time if they are just going to give all the systems that come in to existing pre-orders.

you have to call your local stores. just because say target in one area has extra don't mean another area target will have extra

#6047 Todmicahels

Todmicahels

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

I called Walmart last night, asked for electronics and was put through to a woman who knew nothing of the pre-order situation and said my walmart would not do a midnight launch.

However, I called again this morning and asked for layaway and got a hold of another woman who not only told me that they ARE doing a midnight launch, but even confirmed that the pre-orders were covered. She even told me she found the one with my name on it! That was so re-assuring haha.

So if anybody else is having trouble with wally world, I would suggest asking for layaway. This is not the first time that the electronics people were totally clueless about something.

I had fully paid mine off early, and I was worried that I lost my preorder. I called about 30 minutes ago, and had them check to see if I was still gauranteed 1 and I was. It was DEFINITELY re-assuring lol, can't wait til we get this system. Hopefully my walmart is like yours and stays open for a couple of minutes to hand out the Wii U's.

#6048 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Every TRU location will have extras to sell on Sunday.

#6049 Chin35char

Chin35char

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

I was able to pre-order a basic edition online for store pickup at Kmart.com today. But I still haven't received my confirmation email.

#6050 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Anyone else with those $5 Best Buy pre-orders from the kiosk worried about sunday? I don't want to show up at midnight but I feel they'll probably just sell out if I don't.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#6051 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

Has there been any confirmation that the U Draw or the Wii music peripherals will be compatible with the Wii U? I don't see why not, but it seems like weird shit happens with stuff like that sometimes.

#6052 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Got an order in on the KMart thing, gonna have to drive like 30 miles but what the hell right. Now, if my other one I placed with them actually goes through, well, then I'm boned. They did take the money out of my account however.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#6053 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Every TRU location will have extras to sell on Sunday.

my tru told e yesterday they will only have enough to cover preorders

#6054 OrigamiDrill

OrigamiDrill

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

To summarize most of this thread: YMMV

Be sure to call your local retailers! What's true in Massachusetts may not be true in California.

#6055 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

my tru told e yesterday they will only have enough to cover preorders

They are wrong. No TRU oversold their allotment or even got close to it. The vast majority of stores got double what was pre ordered if not more.

#6056 druggie218

druggie218

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

I hope it is in the flyers since no one other than hardcore gamers and flippers have heard of it yet. Gotta get the word out to your everyday Joe reading the Sunday circulars.

I stopped by one of the Walmart to pay down my layaways and this store said very few people other than I had pre ordered there.

#6057 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

I'm kind of hoping the Kmart deal falls through. I forgot I have a 5% pharmacy rewards coupon for Target, plus my old lady is upgrading her iPhone tomorrow and we should be able to trade that in for $150. I would rather spend $200 out of pocket than $350.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#6058 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

They are wrong. No TRU oversold their allotment or even got close to it. The vast majority of stores got double what was pre ordered if not more.

you know htis how? are you the president of tru?

#6059 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

I hope it is in the flyers since no one other than hardcore gamers and flippers have heard of it yet. Gotta get the word out to your everyday Joe reading the Sunday circulars.

I stopped by one of the Walmart to pay down my layaways and this store said very few people other than I had pre ordered there.

I know kids definitely know about, but how much in detail is to be determined. My teenage cousins who watch Nickelodeon and Disney have seen Wii U commercials. I guess kids haven't bugged their parents to get them one yet.

#6060 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

Called my gamestop and like most they aren't doing a midnight opening but they will be opening at 9 on sunday.

Now Playing: Cate West: The Vanishing Files (Wii) / Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Recently Finished:  Klonoa (Wii) B- / Velocity 2X (PS4) A- / Dead Space: Extraction (Wii) B-