The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#6061 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

my tru told e yesterday they will only have enough to cover preorders

What circular? One store?

Sorry, I should have been clear, the TRU circular has Wii U consoles advertised as available very clearly displayed on page one, with no indication of limited quantities outside of the standard disclaimer they print in every ad.

#6062 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

"More than 500,000 customers worldwide are on a waiting list for the device, GameStop Corp., a specialty retailer with 6,600 stores in the U.S. and Europe, said yesterday. Shoppers placed orders for 1.2 million Wii U titles worldwide, more than double that of the original Wii launch, GameStop President Tony Bartel said in an earnings conference call."

http://newyork.newsd...lease-1.4228073

Someone must know about the console for the wait list to be that long.

#6063 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

Well damn, that settles it. I guess that means you can walk in to any store at any time in the next 3 months and walk out with a Wii U with no hassle!

#6064 urbanstar1

urbanstar1

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Hey guys I was able to pick up my Wii U deluxe from Walmart layaway today. YMMV but to those who do have Walmart layaway orders you can try tonight or tomorrow.

I can't wait to play this tonight!

Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

Edited by urbanstar1, 16 November 2012 - 02:50 AM.
pic problem

#6065 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

Well damn, that settles it. I guess that means you can walk in to any store at any time in the next 3 months and walk out with a Wii U with no hassle!

Maybe not on day one, but certainly after week one when all the would be resellers flood the stores with returns.

#6066 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

Hey guys I was able to pick up my Wii U deluxe from Walmart layaway today. YMMV but to those who do have Walmart layaway orders you can try tonight or tomorrow.

http://sdrv.ms/XKClnL

:hot:

#6067 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

you know htis how? are you the president of tru?

I do work there. I do have a company wide allotment report.

#6068 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Obviously.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#6069 Todmicahels

Todmicahels

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

lol you must have dealt with a clueless employee, nice!

#6070 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

If this is true, it is likely by a wide margin one of the least likely things to ever happen.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6071 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

I somehow doubt it happened. Ofc maybe he will post a picture to prove me wrong, lol.

#6072 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

I somehow doubt it happened. Ofc maybe he will post a picture to prove me wrong, lol.

he did post a picture

#6073 iiinightmar3ii

iiinightmar3ii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Maybe not on day one, but certainly after week one when all the would be resellers flood the stores with returns.

Keep telling yourself that. These will be sold out through the Christmas season making them more and more valuable as people get more desperate towards Christmas. Good luck just walking in and buying one of these this season.

#6074 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

guess he deleted it.

#6075 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

:applause::applause::applause: Picks and vids!!! :D
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#6076 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

Absolutely insane--congrats! I sent you a PM--if you're able to confirm whether it has a universal power supply, that'd be most appreciated.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#6077 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

:applause::applause::applause: Picks and vids!!! :D

Ok i guess he did tell the truth.

#6078 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Absolutely insane--congrats!

I'm jelly. ;)

#6079 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

i always get a good laugh out of people questioning prim.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#6080 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Man, if it was a little earlier I'd head out to Walmart and try my luck. Maybe tomorrow during the day.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#6081 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

I just love looking at the pics hahaha. Congrats! 1 down, countless CAGs to go! BTW, looks great with your setup! You should stop by the November pick-ups thread with those pics and now would be a great time for you to do an overall collection/set-up update in the collection thread!

#6082 camp

camp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

the estimated delivery date on my non-bundled walmart.com order disappeared. i don't think it's gonna ship :(

#6083 Goodbyemrcool

Goodbyemrcool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

rats missed out on the Target bundle :(

#6084 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

I don't even understand how you could have gotten this from Wal-Mart, their computer systems won't, or at least shouldn't allow it to be sold before midnight on Sunday, and no one can override them.

#6085 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

Just looked at my Walmart.com order page, so after they told me Zombie U was delayed and would not ship until the 25th! It shipped today Via Fed ex , my pro controller and the 32 gig deluxe still processing .. I guess it will ship tomorrow I hope.Walmart is a crappy online store, but it looks like I will get my stuff.
Posted Image

#6086 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

I don't even understand how you could have gotten this from Wal-Mart, their computer systems won't, or at least shouldn't allow it to be sold before midnight on Sunday, and no one can override them.

My guess would be he paid it off at layaway, so the system recognized it as either picked up or able to be picked up. Walmart's layaway is weird, it's different from a normal sale. That's why they had to scan barcodes for people to put them on layaway. In the layaway system, this is something that has been in stock for a while that he put on layaway, and he just now happened to pick it up.

#6087 razorrush

razorrush

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

can you tell us how the process went. Like what you told them and how they reacted. Wondering How I should go up to them and what should I say...also how sneaky I have to be with my words..lol

#6088 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

I do work there. I do have a company wide allotment report.

People forget that this is a very small section of the general population. Most people do not run to the store the minute they hear of the next Wii to pre-order. This is not an Iphone or hot cool gadget. It's a gaming console. Nerds, and people who choose this as a hobby know because they choose to.

Nintendo is in business to make money, and they have quite a few partners in retail (Walmart, ToysRus, Target, Bestbuy, etc.). Or did people think that ToysRus was really only going to get half a dozen consoles per store? Less than intelligent folks get on a Gamestop pre-order with no backup plan. ToysRus will have extra, and so will Target, and BestBuy.

Will you beat the resellers who are there at opening? Who knows, but as Prim says, stop assuming stores are getting a few units on launch day.

#6089 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

People forget that this is a very small section of the general population. Most people do not run to the store the minute they hear of the next Wii to pre-order. This is not an Iphone or hot cool gadget. It's a gaming console. Nerds, and people who choose this as a hobby know because they choose to.

Nintendo is in business to make money, and they have quite a few partners in retail (Walmart, ToysRus, Target, Bestbuy, etc.). Or did people think that ToysRus was really only going to get half a dozen consoles per store? Less than intelligent folks get on a Gamestop pre-order with no backup plan. ToysRus will have extra, and so will Target, and BestBuy.

Will you beat the resellers who are there at opening? Who knows, but as Prim says, stop assuming stores are getting a few units on launch.

Seems i'm less than intelligent according to you. I chose GS (B&M) as my pre-order location, and I did not pre-order anywhere else.

#6090 whookid36

whookid36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

the estimated delivery date on my non-bundled walmart.com order disappeared. i don't think it's gonna ship :(

mine did too and I preorded soon as it was up.