The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#6151 raptor3076

raptor3076

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

yeah, BB sent me an email to saying SHIPMENT DATE UPDAED and it shows december on that too...balony....fffffff

When did you order and was it Deluxe or Regular?

#6152 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

sunday morning. walmart never opens stores that are not 24/7 for releases

I have been assured by a few different employees that our Walmart will for sure be opening at midnight for the Wii U. I guess I'll have to actually get ahold of the manager to be completely certain.

Has there been any confirmation that the U Draw or the Wii music peripherals will be compatible with the Wii U? I don't see why not, but it seems like weird shit happens with stuff like that sometimes.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't, especially the U Draw tablet. But I guess we'll know for sure this weekend.

Sorry, I should have been clear, the TRU circular has Wii U consoles advertised as available very clearly displayed on page one, with no indication of limited quantities outside of the standard disclaimer they print in every ad.

So? Last time they advertised a deal I really wanted, I ran over to TRU and they told me that the item hadn't been in stock for months. These ads aren't region-specific, nor are they indicative of any amount of stock.

Somewhat pointless to get the console early since the good games arent out till sunday and you can't even apply the update till sunday.

Plenty of good games have come out. I already picked mine up.

Same time Amazon did.

Har har, I almost didn't get it.

#6153 razorrush

razorrush

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Team Buffy FTW!!!

haha nice!

Team Whedon! :P
Posted Image

#6154 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Scribblenauts!

Maybe! Still deciding...haha.
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#6155 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

Most Target stores will have 6-8 of the Deluxe consoles .. At least in the OKC area. Super Targets *should* receive more, but it's not guaranteed. I have two in my area. One is slated to get 14 deluxe consoles, the other is getting only 2. Weird.

So if your Target sold out of preorder cards (which most of my local stores only got 5 cards per bundle type), 1-2 of you may have a shot at getting one.

I'm working Sunday morning, so I'm having a friend of mine pick mine up for me since I'm not 100% confident in the Target store I preordered with being competent enough to put the preordered ones aside.

#6156 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Yes. I'll dumb it down for you. GameStop(small, niche) therefore small allocations. Talked to the manager at Polaris mall today(big mall) getting 9 and 8(8gbs) all pre paid.
That does not mean the system will be hard to get at launch. It may be. But that's not a good sample. Now Walmart gets 9 of each? That's a shortage(they're getting closer to 50+)
I want there to be a shortage because I'm getting two. Nobody will know till Tuesday-Wednesday next week what will happen.

#6157 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Gamestop is hardly a small, niche company.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#6158 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

When did you order and was it Deluxe or Regular?

9/14/12

Delux Edition

same with Mario, it was a separate order but it got delayed to december as well

with few things edited, this is the email i got

BESTBUY.COM Order number:
QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION STATUS
1 Super Mario Bros. U - Nintendo Wii U

Expected to arrive between
11/30/2012 - 12/07/2012

#6159 io

io

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

Someone is taking a break until a few days after the Wii U is released so this preorder thread stops getting derailed.

#6160 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Someone is taking a break until a few days after the Wii U is released so this preorder thread stops getting derailed.

Thanks Sonny :)
Posted Image

#6161 nbuubu

nbuubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

BestBuy.com switched my Deluxe to Preparing for Shipment. Guess it'll probably go out tomorrow with next day being Monday.

Sorry to hear about the ones getting delayed. I ordered within 20 minutes of Best Buy going live back on Sept 13th, if that matters.

#6162 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

W00t!!! Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days.

Processing to ship at Best Buy. My order status was at pending a few hours ago. I hope it ships out today and I get it Monday!

#6163 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

;( so jelly of you guys...mine got pushed back. arggg

#6164 jmanereese

jmanereese

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

;( so jelly of you guys...mine got pushed back. arggg

doubt you are in houston but I have an extra one pre ordered at a BB

#6165 camp

camp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hmm estimated delivery date showed back up on my Walmart order... THERE IS HOPE!

#6166 girlracer

girlracer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

my wiiU is being prepared at bestbuy.com, zombiu has already shipped, but no status on mario. all were ordered the same day on the 9/13

#6167 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Gamestop is hardly a small, niche company.

They may be niche but they are certainly not small. This Jedi guy is really starting to bug me.

#6168 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Any GameStop orders closed yet? Mine is still open...
http://moonlk.blogspot.com - My Gamer Blog!

#6169 BanditThief

BanditThief

King Of Thieves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Too much off topic discussion in this thread

#6170 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Too much off topic discussion in this thread

With just 36 hours to go, there's not a whole lot of WiiUes left to preorder.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#6171 neworleans7

neworleans7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

The BestBuy I work at is getting 22 Wii U consoles total. 16 Deluxe and 6 Basic models. We only had about 5-6 pre-orders though since they cut them off pretty quickly. And only 2 of those pre-orders were from employees.

#6172 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

The BestBuy I work at is getting 22 Wii U consoles total. 16 Deluxe and 6 Basic models. We only had about 5-6 pre-orders though since they cut them off pretty quickly. And only 2 of those pre-orders were from employees.

Do you happen to know anything about preorders that were done online for instore pickup? I'm guessing those are coming in another shipment that is separate from the instore inventory?

#6173 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

BestBuy.com switched my Deluxe to Preparing for Shipment. Guess it'll probably go out tomorrow with next day being Monday.

Sorry to hear about the ones getting delayed. I ordered within 20 minutes of Best Buy going live back on Sept 13th, if that matters.

Me too!! Woo hoo. Now there is a Wii U literally with my name on it :D

#6174 mojothealmighty

mojothealmighty

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Got an authorization charge from Kmart this morning for my preorder from 9/15. Really damn excited now :D

#6175 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Don't know if this helps anyone but I just got off the phone with my Walmart manager. He informed me that all the layaway Wii Us have been placed aside for preorders and the allotment which wasn't preordered will be placed on the floor for selling. No midnight opening for layaway though. Pickup is Sunday from 9 to 9. His was in Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Posted Image

#6176 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Was anyone else dumb awesome enough to order from TrU online? If so have you heard anything? Wondering if I'm going to actually get one or not. No pending charges or anything and it still allows me to cancel my order.

#6177 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

W00t!!! Order Status:: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days.

Processing to ship at Best Buy. My order status was at pending a few hours ago. I hope it ships out today and I get it Monday!

Another one for the stack. Very happy BB is actually shipping my system after the debacle with my in-store pickup order. (fraud alert on card triggered, BB gave me ONE HOUR on a Saturday morning to resolve it, needless to say, it all happened before I even woke up)

#6178 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

has anyone had any updates on those kmart orders from yesterday? mine still says processing.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#6179 wiired

wiired

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Was anyone else dumb awesome enough to order from TrU online? If so have you heard anything? Wondering if I'm going to actually get one or not. No pending charges or anything and it still allows me to cancel my order.

I was dumb enough... now i am worried:cry:

#6180 anthroskull

anthroskull

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

i work at walmart, went to work last night and some dummies put out CODBOps 2 , Zombiu, pro controllers gamepad stand/cradle and the microphone, i had to quickly pull them from the shelf. but they are at walmart and werent vary many of them.