The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#601 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

My local GameStop is approaching 100 pre-orders (they couldn't fill their Wii preorders day of release), my Best Buy online is not taking any more pre-orders and I just reserved my system at Toys R Us where people started showing up at 3am. They can't all be flippers can they? Should be interesting come November!

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them were. After the whole Wii thing, I can see tons of people wanting a quick buck.

Hopefully online retailers doesn't shaft people by saying oh we ran out of stock on launch day, you need to wait. My preorder is locked in on Gamestop.com but only an Amazon preorder would give me certainty that I get it as close to launch as possible from an online retailer.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#602 ephermal

ephermal

The Dragonmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

I did my console at in store pickup for best buy; but all accessories and games will be amazon. Even if I have to wait a day or two!

#603 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic Mystaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Wow.. awhile back I signed up on Amazon to be notified about WiiU (So I wouldnt miss the rush)
I get an email today.
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.

Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change.

Lol... Yea, Glad I went to Gamestop yesterday and got it #1 and not waited on Amazon.

card.png

~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#604 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

That neogaf thread doesn't make any sense, though, does it? Amazon is selling Nintendo consoles in other countries. Nintendo, if they were going to punish Amazon for the Kindle, would not be letting them sell Nintendo consoles anywhere. Plus why would they be punishing them for the Kindle, and not punishing Best Buy and others for selling the Kindle, nook, etc? So that line of thought doesn't make any sense to me. There's got to be some other hissy fit going on between NOA and Amazon.

Crunchewy.png

#605 rabidchiuaua

rabidchiuaua

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

I just got the last Deluxe version one for my local Best Buy's pre-order. The pre-orders sure seem to be going insanely fast.

#606 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Common NEWEGG

Lay it down and slack'em jack'em
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#607 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Director of Publishing/Marketing for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Is it pretty easy to cancel an online pre-order from Best Buy?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#608 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Eh, despite my misgivings about this console I decided to put in a preorder through Best Buy. I figure it can't hurt if something wows me between now and launch I'll definitely be able to get it. If not, I can always just cancel/return the preorder without losing any money.

#609 lortiz9490

lortiz9490

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

I have zero interest in this Wii U. It's a system for suckers at 300 and 350. Buy a real system instead: PS3 or 360.

Already got both now I want this. Calling people names will buy you alot of disrespect.

#610 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Best Buy gets my loyalty for this preorder. W00t

#611 ephermal

ephermal

The Dragonmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Is it pretty easy to cancel an online pre-order from Best Buy?

you just have to call them and they cancel it. They normally don't ask questions and just do it.

#612 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

you just have to call them and they cancel it. They normally don't ask questions and just do it.

Damn, I was hoping to be able to just do it online, I hate calling into BB. But oh well, already checked out with a Deluxe pre-order, so too late now.

Thanks.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#613 Lexicon

Lexicon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Damn, I was hoping to be able to just do it online, I hate calling into BB. But oh well, already checked out with a Deluxe pre-order, so too late now.

Thanks.

You should be able to do it online as long as it doesn't get into a shipping soon situation. You just check your order details and right next to your item should be a little box you can check that says cancel item. They didn't used to let you but they have for awhile now.

Just checked the wii U I ordered from them to make sure and the cancel item box is there so you should be good.

#614 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Thanks.

For BestBuy.com orders, the option to cancel is there when you check your order status online.

#615 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you can easily cancel it online. Just sign into your bestbuy.com account, view the order, select the item to cancel and hit "cancel selected item." In my experience it is quick and painless, though I've never canceled such an expensive order.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#616 JockoMarlowe

JockoMarlowe

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Didn't see it posted, but Target has their online preorders up...free shipping and 5% off if you use a redCard (even redCard debit cards work)
http://www.target.co...c_qi_detaillink

#617 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

You should be able to do it online as long as it doesn't get into a shipping soon situation. You just check your order details and right next to your item should be a little box you can check that says cancel item. They didn't used to let you but they have for awhile now.

Just checked the wii U I ordered from them to make sure and the cancel item box is there so you should be good.

For BestBuy.com orders, the option to cancel is there when you check your order status online.

I'm pretty sure you can easily cancel it online. Just sign into your bestbuy.com account, view the order, select the item to cancel and hit "cancel selected item." In my experience it is quick and painless, though I've never canceled such an expensive order.

Yup, the cancel option is there. Thanks guys!

Check out my CAG Blog!

#618 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

The number of Best Buy stores closest to me that now have the deluxe set listed as "unavailable" has climbed to 7. It was at 3 or 4 about an hour ago.

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

#619 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

The number of Best Buy stores closest to me that now have the deluxe set listed as "unavailable" has climbed to 7. It was at 3 or 4 about an hour ago.

Ya me too. Only 2 stores left on my list, both about 40 miles away. That's why I just did the shipping option.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#620 ephermal

ephermal

The Dragonmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

the few times I had to cancel the order I did the online and it said unable to cancel please call; so now I just call!

#621 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Didn't see it posted, but Target has their online preorders up...free shipping and 5% off if you use a redCard (even redCard debit cards work)
http://www.target.co...c_qi_detaillink

Thanks for this. Grabbed one through Target, worked out to ~$33 less than a GS preorder with the RedCard discount.

#622 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Ya me too. Only 2 stores left on my list, both about 40 miles away. That's why I just did the shipping option.

I signed up long ago to receive an e-mail from Best Buy when pre-orders started. I love how I just now got the "Wii U console now available for pre-order" notification e-mail. And 7 out of 10 stores within 90 miles of me are already sold out of the deluxe set. Boy am I glad I was following this thread and obsessively checking bestbuy.com when pre-orders started!

the few times I had to cancel the order I did the online and it said unable to cancel please call; so now I just call!

Ah, I see. My experience is usually just canceling blu-rays I ordered that got the "not found in store" e-mail. I've never gotten that message.

#623 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

I think so many people are down on the Wii-U including myself because it brings nothing new to the table other than the "gamepad," is equidistant technology to what has been on the market for 7 years, and still excludes features that other consoles offer like achievements/trophies. Battery life in the "gamepad" is horrendous. Adding a second gamepad to the system gimps it to almost unplayable. There are just far to many negatives and only a questionable positive. Couple that with 3rd parties will likely dump the system as soon as the next Xbox and PlayStation hit the market and things aren't looking to bright for the Wii-U.

That said the 3DS seems to have weathered a similar storm where it brought improved graphics and only a questionable new feature (glasses free 3d) to the market, and poor battery life, yet it somehow is selling. So while I can predict doom and gloom, you just never know.

723268.png

#624 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

All of the stores in my area have only the 8GB one now. Maybe they did in fact sell out of the 32GB, but I'll be headed in today to double check anyway. I'm glad I got my two backups already planned. I'd still prefer BB over GS though.

#625 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

The Wii U has an achievement system. They are not requiring games to have achievements, but they have a system level achievements system in place and games can use it if they want. At least that's what Reggie said back at E3 and I don't see any reason to believe they've changed that.

Other controllers can be used without "gimping the system". A second tablet gamepad would lower the frame rate on the tablets themselves (I don't believe it lowers the frame rate on the TV - the issue is just streaming bandwidth and keeping the performance up in that), and certainly you can use 4 pro controllers or remote/nunchuck, plus the gamepad for 5 players, etc. That is not worse than any other console, and indeed you've got more control options than other platforms and 5 player local games.

Crunchewy.png

#626 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Polygon reports on Amazon what we already know -- but perhaps the article will be updated once more info comes out:

http://www.theverge....lable-pre-order

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#627 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

I really don't wanna order from any of these shitty stores, but it really looks like I'll be forced to do Gamestop.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#628 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

The Wii U has an achievement system. They are not requiring games to have achievements, but they have a system level achievements system in place and games can use it if they want. At least that's what Reggie said back at E3 and I don't see any reason to believe they've changed that.

Cool, I hope games utilize it. I mean I am not an achievement whore, but it's nice to say oh I bet the game, and then have the achievement as proof.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#629 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

I just preordered in store at Gamestop (32Gig ver). Still not sure about the Wii U, but I don't want any regrets. We'll see. I'm still happy with my PS3 and Xbox though.
Posted Image

#630 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

Ordered from BB with shipping since the closest store available for pickup is 40 miles away. I don't want it, but my nephew does and he is going to pay for most if not all of it.