Photo
- - - - -

The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#6271 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

They aren't going to deliver it Sunday, monday at the earliest. No one delivers anything on Sunday
Posted Image

#6272 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

for the target bundle, how are they going to deliver it on Sunday via express shipping, does anybody know?

Magic elves? Pretty sure they can't do this, probably will show up Monday or Tuesday.

#6273 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Well, I was gonna sign up for a Target credit card to get the 5% off but it looks like they're all gone, lol.

Back to hoping KMart pulls through.

#6274 eighty6

eighty6

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

for the target bundle, how are they going to deliver it on Sunday via express shipping, does anybody know?

Saw that, too. I did the next cheapest shipping option, which is scheduled for Monday. Sometimes, shipping estimates of Sundays are just pushed to Mondays from my experience with other online retailers.

#6275 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I just spoke to somebody at Kmart Customer Service about my horrible guest account Paypal order with no confirmation e-mail or order number that I made yesterday.

I was shocked when he was actually able to produce an order number with all the valid information, so it looks like the order went through. Whether or not I can pick it up on Sunday, that's another question.

I'm a little frustrated that checking the order online still isn't working, and I still haven't received a confirmation e-mail, even though the CS rep resent it at least once. I guess I just need to hold out until Sunday and see if I get that magical text message. If not, I'm not sure what I'll do.

Did they take the money out of your Paypal already? Does it say "pending" in your PP account?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#6276 Brodiemegacorp

Brodiemegacorp

CAG Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

I don't care it it's air-dropped and I have to run out to the backyard and try to catch it! ;)

In for the Target 32 GB deal as well. Thanks for posting it and keeping this thread up to date. you guys are awesome.
I don't have a decent sig. yet, so I'll just throw ass down here a few times to help the Google Search cause. Ass, ass ass.... ass... assy... asstastic... cheap assiness... asstacular...

#6277 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

doesn't matter now about the shipping, the target bundle is OOS now :( i coudln't get myself to purchase the bundle for $450. if i can get it this weekend i can use my walmart credit card to pay for half at least.

#6278 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Did they take the money out of your Paypal already? Does it say "pending" in your PP account?

Yeah, that was the source of all my frustration. They took my money, but other than that, prior to talking to Customer Service, I had no indication that the order actually went through.

#6279 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

the TRU email title was "Delays to your pre-order have been experienced" wtf

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#6280 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Glad i pulled the trigger on that target.com order, feel better going with them than kmart anyway.

#6281 rames989

rames989

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

My Wii-U Deluxe pre-order moved into "Being prepared" status. The two games (rabbits land and NSMBU) are still at payment verified. I was planning on going down Sunday and picking up some more games. I will be able to use my 3x points card. :) I still won't plan on seeing the shipment till Monday or Tuesday.

#6282 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Doesn't mean it was def delayed... could be they just haven't gotten there shipmint in yet. Or it hasn't been scanned in.

#6283 thegreat_1stix

thegreat_1stix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

This guy obviously has no idea what people are willing to pay to get a console a day early.

Edited by thegreat_1stix, 16 November 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#6284 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, that's the one I got.

#6285 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

haha just cancelled my kmart order, wow got the cancellation e-mail real fast! Wished their confirmation worked the same way.

#6286 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Yeah, that was the source of all my frustration. They took my money, but other than that, prior to talking to Customer Service, I had no indication that the order actually went through.

Yeah, shit really gets me. Like, give me my money back now if you can't fulfill the order so I can get it somewhere else. Chodes.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#6287 WViking

WViking

Corn is Good Food

• CAGiversary!

My Dell.com order is still In Production. I have been charged already.

#6288 GRAYFIREFOX

GRAYFIREFOX

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

For all the craziness, I think 80% of the consoles are on the hand of flippers. I expect the market will be flooded by returns after 30 days...lol

#6289 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

haha just cancelled my kmart order, wow got the cancellation e-mail real fast! Wished their confirmation worked the same way.

Was that the one from yesterday?

Posted Image

#6290 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

I was on the phone with my mom who works at Target and was inputting her employee number and when I hit continue it was OOS. Kinda fucked up that it would take it away from me while I was checking out.

#6291 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

For all the craziness, I think 80% of the consoles are on the hand of flippers. I expect the market will be flooded by returns after 30 days...lol

i HATE flippers it pees me off. Flippers take away systems from people that really want the syste and not looking to make a quick buck. But thanks to idiots willing ot pay 500 bucks for a 350 doller system flippers will always happen.

#6292 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Was that the one from yesterday?

Yes, I snagged the bundle from Target, seems like a more legit deal and I wanted the NSMBU too. I'd rather wait a few days on the shipping than wait in line for hours tomorrow night. The Kmart thing seemed like a 30% chance at best, the store I had mine from said they hadn't even received systems yet and that if they did it would be 2-4 at most, if they have 2 or less then they don't even allow online ordering apparently.

And btw anything popular will have flippers, eventually the market evens out. I collect screen-printed posters from Mondo and other places and they sell for 200-300% mark-up a lot of the time, ridiculous, but people pay it.

#6293 mkm1998

mkm1998

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

If anyone has a Fry's nearby, they posted their ad this morning with details. They are only selling the Wii-U as a $450 bundle. Comes with Mario, a pro controller and the mic. This may be a good option as the bundle price might keep it on shelves a little longer.

Haha the ad also shows the white one as the same price. They better fix that by Sunday!

#6294 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I was on the phone with my mom who works at Target and was inputting her employee number and when I hit continue it was OOS. Kinda fucked up that it would take it away from me while I was checking out.

yeah stores have really lame online store. They should let you like five mins to enter your info

#6295 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

If someone is going to pay 500+ for it, I assume they really want the system.

#6296 nuttyturnip

nuttyturnip

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

I got the TRU "delayed" email, and I called over to the local store. They're still expecting to have them in stock on Sunday, so we'll see.

#6297 bojingles

bojingles

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Best Buy just shipped Wii U preorder!

#6298 GRAYFIREFOX

GRAYFIREFOX

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

If someone is going to pay 500+ for it, I assume they really want the system.

That really remindS me that people were paying me 1k for the PS3..

#6299 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

I keep thinking I'm going to want to keep my pre-order, but then realizing that as of right now there just aren't any games I'd play or pay for price for. This is frustrating trying to decide what to do.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#6300 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

That really remindS me that people were paying me 1k for the PS3..

i don't need a video game system that bad to pay close to 200 more for the thing