The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#6331 Mr_Durrp

Mr_Durrp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Is any of that considered customer service stock for possible defective returns?

As far as I know, they are not. For sale to anyone. First come first serve as usual.

#6332 Pescado Plus

Pescado Plus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

I order a basic bundle from Target about 20 minute ago. Now I'm seeing the deluxe back in stock... is it wrong to pre-order both?
Posted Image

#6333 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Gamestop.com just email me saying it has been shipped.

#6334 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I just made it back in too work. Just paid mine off in full at Gamestop. Came up to be 375 which is not too bad. I will pick mine up Monday sometimes. I was literally the 8th person to reserve at the store I went too. I gave my old Wii to my step daughters so now I will have to buy all that stuff over again, controllers and all that junk.

#6335 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Oh Fuck it, I can't seem to find out to use my Red Card that I just signed up for and I won't receive it for 7-10 days, I give up.

#6336 waterfront

waterfront

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Sorry, are you talking about games or the console?

My bad, I was talking about games and accessories, it might have been a very small window but I was able to buy SMBU and a Pro Controller for 20% off. I usually just lurk but thought it would be of interest.

#6337 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

No delayed email from TrU yet for me though nothing has changed either (no pending charges, can still cancel the order). When did everyone order from TrU? Mine was September 15th.

#6338 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I finally made the trip to Gamestop last night to get on the wait list. I know the first post says the list is closed, but I e-mailed Gamestop.com and was assured the list was still open. I called the Gamestop first to see how many people were on the list. I was told there was only nine for the Deluxe.

Now, when I first got there I was told by the manager that the list was closed. I explained to him the e-mail to Gamestop.com and he attempted to add me to the list. He stated it would not let him, but he asked another employee (who was there from another store in town) about the list. Guy #2 came to the register and after a few seconds I am now on the list, I assume as 10th for the Deluxe.

I am hoping that this location get at least 10 extra for launch, that is not too much to ask for is it? lol

#6339 druggie218

druggie218

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I am really hoping target does not screw all of us that preordered the console only a few weeks ago in order to fulfill these bundle orders today, but have a bad feeling it is going to happen.

This was often the case for ps3 and 360 launches, all the retailers sold online preorders only to cancel more than half of them, then turn around and sell bundles on launch day.

#6340 nuda

nuda

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

I just received an email stating my bestbuy.com preorder has shipped.

#6341 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

No delayed email from TrU yet for me though nothing has changed either (no pending charges, can still cancel the order). When did everyone order from TrU? Mine was September 15th.

Same for me. Pre-ordered on 9/15 as well and nothing. No news is good news I suppose, but I hope to see at least a "processing" status sometime soon.

#6342 nekobi

nekobi

Spicy Wolf!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Just got an email from Gamestop.com that my order shipped. From the tracking # it looks like it was shipped Next Day Air Saver....Saturday delivery? :O

#6343 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Shipped from gamestop

#6344 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

In my experience, when it says shipped it still takes a day for it to go through the shipping agency. So it will likely go out tomorrow.

#6345 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

What a joke. Had I known I couldn't use it right away I wouldn't have even signed up for the damn card.

#6346 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So I applied for a Red Card...are they supposed to e-mail me a card # I can use?

you will not be able to use the card till you get the card

#6347 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

you will not be able to use the card till you get the card

Ridiculous, I could have sworn the site "Would you like to use the card now?" and I said yes, and it just dumped me back to the Target homepage with no instructions on how to. :roll:

Videogames aren't worth this headache.

#6348 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Are the target orders shipping out today?

Doesn't look like it... Did a mocked up order and the estimated delivery is next Wednesday (right before Thanksgiving).

#6349 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Well i think the emails are going to the people who preordered in store from tru. Meaning they prob didn't get them in yet

#6350 billbloodshed

billbloodshed

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Best Buy online pre order just shipped. I can lay off the hard liquour now lol

No movement on my Mario Bros preorder though, and now the status says "1 item(s) - Status Not Available"

Guess I can always cancel it and try my luck elsewhere for the game or even off the eshop

Good luck to everyone

#6351 ZildjianKX

ZildjianKX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Ridiculous, I could have sworn the site "Would you like to use the card now?" and I said yes, and it just dumped me back to the Target homepage with no instructions on how to. :roll:

Videogames aren't worth this headache.

I thought you had to sign up for the card in store? When you do, they give you a temporary receipt you can use in store to get your 5% discount. You have to show your driver's license when you use it. Doesn't work online.

I originally got my red card back in Sept to pre-order a Wii U, but they sold out online before I got it :P Went with Best Buy instead.

#6352 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

al systems are still active on target they must have decent amount of systems

#6353 gamercheap5

gamercheap5

http://www.target.co...um_1_3&term=wii u console
Hurry!!

8gb
http://www.target.co...um_1_6&term=wii u

#6354 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

I thought you had to sign up for the card in store? When you do, they give you a temporary receipt you can use in store to get your 5% discount. You have to show your driver's license when you use it. Doesn't work online.

I originally got my red card back in Sept to pre-order a Wii U, but they sold out online before I got it :P Went with Best Buy instead.

you can sign up for the target credit card online debit card is only one that has to be done in store

#6355 trashtalkhc

trashtalkhc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

al systems are still active on target they must have decent amount of systems

Or it's a mistake like Kmart.

#6356 Bivensra

Bivensra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just got this email as well and was going to come in here to post it. Hoping this is just standard protocol on preorders and the Wii U systems aren't actually coming in until tomorrow to make sure to avoid any being sold early. Does anyone who works in any stores that are getting the Wii U know if they have come in yet.

I received the email as well. I went to Walmart for the layaway b/c I was concerned this might happen. I originally was going to not play the Wii U until Christmas b/ I do not think I want to wait. Decisions, decisions...

#6357 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Or it's a mistake like Kmart.

i trust target over kmart

#6358 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Well, forget the Target order then. I would be spending almost $30 more for it over my existing Kmart Wii U + NewEgg NSMBW order between tax and shipping and there's no guarantee it'll be here before thanksgiving.

Still hedging my bets on KMart I guess.

#6359 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

I called my local Gamestop and was told by a friendly enough employee that he didn't think there were any plans for a midnight launch at the store because of "lack of hype." I need to call back and talk to the manager, lest my hopes of being surrounded by the Nintendo faithful in the pale moonlight are dashed.

:cry:

#6360 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

wii u's are gone again BUT they also list the plain systems coming out on sunday so maybe they will have non bundle systems on target webstie sunday