The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#6391 nekobi

nekobi

Spicy Wolf!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Anyone receiving a shipment notification/tracking# is gonna have to wait until tonight after the packages are actually picked up to see where they are and when they will be delivered. If it gets picked up tonight for Next day air it might be delivered tomorrow.

I'm hoping they go out tonight. I paid for overnight shipping (Next Day Air) so we'll see. *fingers crossed*

#6392 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Not if you got a kid that is rolling on the floor for a Wii U.

Well, parents..

Sounds like you don't have any kids... I know it's been beaten like a dead horse in threads like this, but if parents can't say no to their kids, then there's something wrong.

#6393 Nico8912

Nico8912

Claptrap's Minion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'm hoping they go out tonight. I paid for overnight shipping (Next Day Air) so we'll see. *fingers crossed*

UPS doesn't do residential deliveries on the weekend. So Monday at the earliest.

#6394 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

wii u, dreamcast, and genesis all coming next week

i might not leave the house for a month

#6395 druggie218

druggie218

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Just got the delayed shipment email for a target order from 10/31 premium shipping was supposed to arrive Monday now says Wednesday, target sometimes delays orders a lonnnggg time, hope they get there act together on this.

#6396 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

I *COULD* trade in my PS3 and games to gamestop and flip games to Best Buy to pickup my wii u but I don't have a tv so it would be somewhat pointless for some games. I really hate that I won't be able to pick up my deluxe preorder on Sunday. Ah well.

#6397 nekobi

nekobi

Spicy Wolf!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

UPS doesn't do residential deliveries on the weekend. So Monday at the earliest.

Since when? I order from Amazon constantly and have packages delivered on Saturday all the time.. o_0

#6398 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Well I called Walmart to see if it might ship today, :( no such luck, lady there said they can't release it until Sunday therefore it's shipping Monday and I will be lucky to get it by next Friday. BOO but at least I will have my newegg games by then too. I can stare at them and Zombie for a few days:(
Posted Image

#6399 druggie218

druggie218

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

As far as routers anything N that will run dd-wrt/tomato and you'll be fine. I bought a refurb linksys e2000 almost 2 years ago for $38, awesome router. Still going strong and I have the router on 1st floor and use wireless on 3rd floor and get 135 Mbps. Definitely don't need to spend more than $50.

#6400 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

I have a layaway order at WalMart, pre-order card from Target and pre-orders from FYE and Kmart.com. I better get one on Sunday! :bouncy:

#6401 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

So the wireless on my modem doesnt seem to really hold a signal up anymore. Anyone able to recommend a good wireless router so I can get it when I get the Wii U since it will have to be connected wireless?

If you feel like a baller, might I suggest:

http://www.newegg.co...20115&Tpk=ac66u

This is the one I have. Yeah it's really expensive, but you are future proofing yourself. The N version of this router is only a little cheaper.

#6402 druggie218

druggie218

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Just got another delayed shipment email from target. Man why are they selling bundles and can't even ship preorders from October.

#6403 leopaw

leopaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Received a tracking confirmation from Best Buy stating my order shipped!

#6404 botticus

botticus

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

I can no longer cancel my Target.com order, that's a good sign.

#6405 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Yes they do. Stop making up lies. For starters my Wii was delivered on the Saturday before it was launched from Amazon. Guess who delivered it? Yup, UPS. Its just a matter of if you paid for the more expensive shipping or not.

#6406 free_willy

free_willy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

To be honest, I'll be surprised if I can't stroll into a local store and pick up a console on Monday. I don't know if it's just my area, but the fact that there were 3 of the original 5 deluxe preorder cards available at one Target and numerous basic preorder cards at several stores just last Friday (11/9) makes me think demand around here won't be that high. Add to that the closest Walmart to me said they were expecting 75 or so systems and didn't expect it to be difficult to pick one up.... I'm still planning on going into Target to pick up my preorder Sunday afternoon, though, just because the posts in this thread are starting to make me paranoid.

#6407 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

As far as routers anything N that will run dd-wrt/tomato and you'll be fine. I bought a refurb linksys e2000 almost 2 years ago for $38, awesome router. Still going strong and I have the router on 1st floor and use wireless on 3rd floor and get 135 Mbps. Definitely don't need to spend more than $50.

I agree. I bought an e2000 last yr but gave it to my aunt when I got married as my wife has a netgear something. My entertainment system sits on a floating stand with my tv and stuff so the directv box, modem and router are all there. Short story is like you said as long as you got an N you should be good. When I was at my aunt's I had my Xbox (via linksys gaming system), PS3 and Wii wireless since it was across the room. Now everything is together but I have my Xbox hard wired. I could do it wireless but I have the old Xbox and personally I could not do it no other way. We have tv's, gaming sytems, ipads, phones, etc all running wireless at the same time and no hiccups. Even my desktop is wireless but that is no hope though, Windows 8 is just slow LOL.

#6408 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Yes they do. Stop making up lies. For starters my Wii was delivered on the Saturday before it was launched from Amazon. Guess who delivered it? Yup, UPS. Its just a matter of if you paid for the more expensive shipping or not.

Why don't you stop making up lies. I order stuff overnight from Amazon all the time and they never deliver on Saturdays. They don't even offer Saturday delivery.

#6409 KenKeith

KenKeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Amazon offers Saturday delivery

#6410 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Why don't you stop making up lies. I order stuff overnight from Amazon all the time and they never deliver on Saturdays. They don't even offer Saturday delivery.

http://www.ups.com/c...t_delivery.html

:roll:

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#6411 druggie218

druggie218

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I agree. I bought an e2000 last yr but gave it to my aunt when I got married as my wife has a netgear something. My entertainment system sits on a floating stand with my tv and stuff so the directv box, modem and router are all there. Short story is like you said as long as you got an N you should be good. When I was at my aunt's I had my Xbox (via linksys gaming system), PS3 and Wii wireless since it was across the room. Now everything is together but I have my Xbox hard wired. I could do it wireless but I have the old Xbox and personally I could not do it no other way. We have tv's, gaming sytems, ipads, phones, etc all running wireless at the same time and no hiccups. Even my desktop is wireless but that is no hope though, Windows 8 is just slow LOL.

Yeah I have my 360, directv, Seagate+, and an open Ethernet usually used by a laptop all hard wired to the router. And use my desktop on the 3rd floor, laptop & TP wirelesly, never any issues.

#6412 beingageek

beingageek

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Ive had tons of stuff delivered on Saturday by Amazon. They've prompted me several times for Saturday delivery.

#6413 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

I've seen Saturday delivery before as an option. It's usually around $10 and is displayed for certain items if you order on a Friday.

#6414 247

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Yeah I have my 360, directv, Seagate+, and an open Ethernet usually used by a laptop all hard wired to the router. And use my desktop on the 3rd floor, laptop & TP wirelesly, never any issues.

That's all your router is getting used for? Then yea you don't need a $100 router.

#6415 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Anyone preorder ZombiU from Amazon and get a shipping notice of any kind? I have Prime 2 day and it says it will be here Wednesday the 21st. I was really hoping to get this Monday or maybe Tuesday at the latest.

CBrownsT10.png

#6416 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

i get stuff all the time from amazon on sats

#6417 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

http://www.ups.com/c...t_delivery.html

:roll:

I know UPS offers Saturday delivery, sheesh. I meant Amazon. I never saw any options for Saturday delivery and always got stuff on Monday if I ordered on a Friday. Maybe its a Prime thing? I'm not a Prime member.

#6418 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Anyones Walmart.com Wii U system ship? I only got Zombie Shipped yesterday, but no system.
Posted Image

#6419 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Ok, stop it. We all know Saturday isn't even a real day.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#6420 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

I know UPS offers Saturday delivery, sheesh. I meant Amazon. I never saw any options for Saturday delivery and always got stuff on Monday if I ordered on a Friday. Maybe its a Prime thing? I'm not a Prime member.

it cost tons of extra money for sat delevery and only certain itmes offer it