The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#631 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Gonna wait for a Metroid title before I plunk down into this thing. My Wii got maybe 40 hours of play total since I had it (and that was the 1st version of the Wii).
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#632 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Cool, I hope games utilize it. I mean I am not an achievement whore, but it's nice to say oh I bet the game, and then have the achievement as proof.

Yeah, the rumor is that they're called "Accomplishments". I don't understand why Nintendo wouldn't make it mandatory though. If that hasn't already changed, I think it will soon.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#633 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...able-at-amazon/

Joystiq is now covering the story, which will hopefully give the issue more traction.

Posted Image

#634 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Just got my target pre order in with 5% red card savings. For everyone asking about free game promos etc...its a long shot but with the Wii target had b2g1 for games on launch day. Hopefully it happens again. They also have pre order cards in store for games with $5 GC each.

#635 xblue_angelx

xblue_angelx

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

How true is it that your card is not billed until the system is released? I've heard/seen so many people say that, but I'm scared to go ahead and preorder it and find out I'm billed same day as my financial aid won't be in my account for a few more weeks. :S

#636 247

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Today is the last day to preorder from Gamestop.

#637 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Man, there must be a lot of flippers in here judging by the response.

Well this is CAG...so yes, obviously.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#638 CowntChocula

CowntChocula

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Just got back from best buy and WAS able to pre-order in-store. Both systems show up in their little kiosk now. $5.00 down just like games.

#639 nickerous

nickerous

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Just preordered one at Gamestop. The manager said they were cutting off preorders in 3 hours or so. Said that the district was over 300 preorders as of yesterday.

#640 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Does newegg ever do console preorders?

Crunchewy.png

#641 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Today is the last day to preorder from Gamestop.

Just pre-ordered one at GS and the guy told me that they are probably going to stop taking pre-orders for the deluxe by this afternoon.

#642 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Preordered 32gb version. My son will love the.system. Gamestop employee said they were shutting down preorders for the 32gb shortly. If anyone is interested I'd move quick

#643 Shangralia2005

Shangralia2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

+1 for in-store Best Buy pre-order's.

For the 'Wii U Deluxe' The SKU is 6775874. $5.00 down. The cashier had to get on the headset and ask 2 different people about it. At first she tried to tell me that they were not taking pre-orders and knows nothing about it. I pulled up the pre-order info on BB.com as proof as well.

I think this is how it will shape out in RZ pts for me (RZ Silver w\ BB RZ MC)

Purchases: 349
Premier 25% Bonus: 87
MasterCard Bonus: Best Buy Purchase: 349
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo: 349
MasterCard Bonus: Premier Silver: 87

Total Pts: 1221

1221\250pts ($5 in in RZ cert) = 4.8 ($5 certificates)
4.8 * $5 = ~$24

Edited by Shangralia2005, 14 September 2012 - 05:26 PM.
Update

#644 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Didn't see it posted, but Target has their online preorders up...free shipping and 5% off if you use a redCard (even redCard debit cards work)
http://www.target.co...c_qi_detaillink

My bro's emp discount didn't work. :-s

WTF!!!!!!! :bomb:

#645 armandxp

armandxp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Did my preorder on Target's website. Saved about 20 bucks!!

#646 stormshadow88

stormshadow88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

I also went to local best buy this morning and preordered. It was tricky though. They didn't think they were taking preorders yet. I showed them the sku online and it didn't show up in the system. Apparently the preorder has a different sku number. The system does show up in the kiosk that prints tickets but he printer wasn't working so it turned into a big hassle. Eventually they figured out the preorder sku number and was able to do the preorder for me. I didn't want to go to GameStop since I have alot of credit at best buy. I hope that info helps you guys.

#647 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

The Wii U has an achievement system. They are not requiring games to have achievements, but they have a system level achievements system in place and games can use it if they want. At least that's what Reggie said back at E3 and I don't see any reason to believe they've changed that.

Other controllers can be used without "gimping the system". A second tablet gamepad would lower the frame rate on the tablets themselves (I don't believe it lowers the frame rate on the TV - the issue is just streaming bandwidth and keeping the performance up in that), and certainly you can use 4 pro controllers or remote/nunchuck, plus the gamepad for 5 players, etc. That is not worse than any other console, and indeed you've got more control options than other platforms and 5 player local games.

I said using a second "gamepad" that is what Nintendo is calling the touch screen controller. As for accomplishments, if Nintendo doesn't make them mandatory, they may as well not have them, similar to steam or launch PS3 games that never had them added, if they aren't system wide, no one cares about them.

723268.png

#648 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Walmart's online 32 GB bundle

http://www.walmart.c...ntlyViewedItems

#649 gmoneyftw

gmoneyftw

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Just pre-ordered one at GS and the guy told me that they are probably going to stop taking pre-orders for the deluxe by this afternoon.

After seeing how fast the Best Buy preorders for in-store pickup sell out in my area rather quickly I decided to take a drive to my local Gamestop and put $25 down.

I didn't hear what you were told, but I was indeed informed that preorders for gamer club members will be jumping to $50 down as opposed to the $25 on Sunday.

Got my preorder, another impulse, but NOTHING beats playing a console for the first time on launch day!

#650 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

Walmart's online 32 GB bundle

http://www.walmart.c...ntlyViewedItems

Oh yeah, they're bundling useless garbage with the system.

#651 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

Oh yeah, they're bundling useless garbage with the system.

That better not be all thats online at WM for pre order.

I am running out of options...might have to do the midnight thing if this isn't fixed

#652 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Gamestop.com has those kind of bundles as well. After few more days, that will probably be the only way to get a wii u.

#653 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

BestBuy might be shutting down pre-orders this evening...

#654 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

The GameStop I preordered from has cut off preorders for both the basic and deluxe versions. The manager actually told me that the district manager wanted them to pre-order 5 more of each model than each store's allotment is expected to be. But the individual store managers said Fuck that, lol.

#655 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

BestBuy might be shutting down pre-orders this evening...

When anybody can walk in a put down as many pre-orders as they want for $5 a piece, I wouldn't doubt it. The guy before me yesterday got 7 of them.

#656 Nico8912

Nico8912

Claptrap's Minion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Anybody know if Amazon or Newegg will be taking pre-orders? I would much rather buy from them.

#657 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Anybody know if Amazon or Newegg will be taking pre-orders? I would much rather buy from them.

Could have been mentioned earlier, but I received an email from Amazon stating that they would not be taking pre-orders for Wii U at this time.

#658 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

For those of you who pre-ordered from Target.com, do they charge you when it ships? I imagine there may be an authorization that might fall off anyhow, but I'm just checking.

#659 foster1887

foster1887

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Ordered a deluxe edition from BB.com with expedited shipping(free with RZ Silver). Couldn't pass it up if it indeed will be rare on release. And lol to wallyworld bundling a game and accessory with the system. I remember them doing that with the wii when it came out and it was the only way I could get the system.

#660 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

K-Mart/Sears pre-order pages:

http://www.kmart.com...4001P?adCell=W3

http://www.sears.com...3000P?adCell=W3