The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#6961 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

I dunno if this has been answered, but my in store pickups of 2 Wii U games at gamestop still show as "open", and says I will receive a call when the items are at the store. Can I trust this? Will they actually take the time to call me on release day, or is my order even going to go through?

After reading the past 24 hours -- you need to stop being so paranoid. Everything will be okay. BREATHE.

Now that I say that, watch everything fall apart for you in a giant ball of flames.

#6962 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

He already picks up a wiimote & nunchuck without even explaining that you still need them for the Wii u.

wait im not watching but why is he using those when its all about the new gamepad

#6963 mBucket

mBucket

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

wait im not watching but why is he using those when its all about the new gamepad

He was letting Jimmy use the gamepad and Reggie used the remote + nunchuck in Metroid Blast

#6964 htz

htz

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

He already picks up a wiimote & nunchuck without even explaining that you still need them for the Wii u.

I thought they would dedicate more time into presenting the Wii U, I think the whole thing lasted only 5 minutes...

#6965 K1NG J0RDAN

K1NG J0RDAN

I Am The One Who KNOCKS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Not gonna lie... NSMBU looks amazing. Seeing it on Jimmy Fallon in HD really made it feel like it was actually running on my TV. Hurry up Sunday!!!!
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#6966 pissoffbakaburi

pissoffbakaburi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Reggie presenting Wii U on Jimmy Fallon right now.

Wow, could Jimmy Fallon be more fake.....and he sucks at mario lol.

BTW anyone else notice that big box thing and thick cord on the controller? I wonder if we will ever see a use for it at home?

On a side note...I feel bad for Triforce Johnson....waiting for the "first" console as I stare at mine lol!

#6967 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

I would be more excited for this if I could afford it. I'm going to get my preorder on Sunday but not open it until I'm sure I can afford the rest of Christmas.

#6968 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

I'm not watching the TV now, but I've always found Reggie to be full of shit.

I think there was a good interview at E3 this year where reggie was trying to convince us that the games weren't straight ports, but he couldn't come up with anything else in Batman arkham city besides the fact you could use the Wii touch screen to control the batarang..

#6969 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

What, you mean like how Mario Kart Wii ran flawlessly and the 3DS has fantastic online? Adding friends is super easy and you can even join a friend's game off the friends list.

What you mean to say is you're basing it off your past ignorance.

wow you can name one game good job.. and the 3DS online is nowhere near "fantastic"

The simple fact is that PS3 and Xbox are light years ahead of nintendo with online and therefore it is very reasonable to assume that the Wii U won't be much better.

#6970 rckola911

rckola911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Posted Image
well my biggest fails today are:

bestbuy.com and walmart.com for processing and still not doing anything even to this min , even though i preordered a month ago. Walmart says i will have estimated del tues 20 which is impossible because it hasnt even shipped yet. SO i will be calling my bank to file a dispute on the wasted shipping i paid

#6971 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

That isn't how console gens work. You can try to downplay it any way you'd like, but it doesn't change what gen the Wii was. It also has double the ram of current game consoles. Since ram is the biggest bottleneck atm, that kind of matters.

"iPhone 6 is next gen gaming! It's gonna be equivalent to the Xbox720! What are you guys laughing at me for?!"

#6972 OrigamiDrill

OrigamiDrill

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Still can't decide if I should nab a Basic if the opportunity arises, or hold out no matter what for a Deluxe. DECISIONS.

#6973 razorrush

razorrush

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

Does anyone know if NSMBU is for sure going to be on the eshop around midnight durring launch? I want to download it and don't want to get the Wii U points cards. Then it not be there and it gets delayed digitally.
Posted Image

#6974 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

People are still camping out for this despite preorders being widely available before release? O_O

It's fun. People with a common interest chilling out. I'm going with a friend to wait at Walmart tonight around 9 to wait and chat up some other Big N fanboys and girls.

#6975 htz

htz

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

It's fun. People with a common interest chilling out. I'm going with a friend to wait at Walmart tonight around 9 to wait and chat up some other Big N fanboys and girls.

I might go and get some street passes for my 3ds if I have the time. Don't really need the Wii U but wouldn't mind playing with it during the holidays and selling it off in January (even if I lose a few bucks).

#6976 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Does anyone know if NSMBU is for sure going to be on the eshop around midnight durring launch? I want to download it and don't want to get the Wii U points cards. Then it not be there and it gets delayed digitally.

Yes, it will be there for sure.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#6977 joshxx

joshxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

Say hello to my little friend, now to open and play my brand new wii u :D

Posted Image

#6978 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Interesting to see that there is different packaging for the Deluxe units. One picture here has a black box and this one has a blue one.

#6979 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Interesting to see that there is different packaging for the Deluxe units. One picture here has a black box and this one has a blue one.

The other side of the box is black :lol:

#6980 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

The black is the back of the box.

#6981 joshxx

joshxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

It is the same box, the blue is on the front and the back is in black with the wii u logo

#6982 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Ok. :)

#6983 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

I seriously hope Wal-Mart gets fined for breaking the street date, nothing against any of you at all though, happy for you guys, I just don't care for the company as a whole!

#6984 joshxx

joshxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Here is the same back of the box

Posted Image

#6985 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Just got an indefinitly delayed email from Target. Order eas placed 11/08... Grrrrrrrrrr

#6986 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

And just like that, Newegg has sold out the deluxe bundle. The basic bundle is still available but likely not for long.

#6987 mythus

mythus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

target just backordered my reservation... fing great.

#6988 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

And just like that, Newegg has sold out the deluxe bundle. The basic bundle is still available but likely not for long.

shocked it lasted this long we found it early on tonight

target just backordered my reservation... fing great.

im hearing awful story that people that preorder awhile ago from targetare getting no systems but people that order the bundles just today already had their systems ship.

#6989 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Timbo, does your keyboard not have a comma button?

#6990 rckola911

rckola911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

well good night folks i saw reggie play the wii u on fallon and it was looking good ! ALso i was one of those guys that ordered from target online day 1 and they finally did get me a confirm but it was sad to see guys ordering today get their confirm before me. However everything will work out, see u again tommorw. Hope we all get the wii u soon.