The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7111 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Anyone that already has a Wii U know if Nintendo has released that update yet for the online?

#7112 Jive689

Jive689

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Argh! Just got off the phone with gamestop to find out what was going on with my online order. Turna out their address verification system rejected my card. It is weird because the preauthorization went through fine and my address was correct. However, we added my middle initial and the 4 digit zip code extension and the guy put in a request to process again. Fingers crossed! Bothers me that they did not attempt to contact me about it, though. No email or anything

#7113 Bivensra

Bivensra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

I was one of the ones yesterday who got the email from Toys R Us about a delay in my preorder, but just got another email saying my Wii U Deluxe will be available for purchase starting tomorrow. Guess they got the shipments in now.

I received the same emails. Walmart lay away already confirmed for pick up after 12:00 AM.

#7114 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Im somewhat amused that Wal-marts incompetence is working in our favor for once, lol.

#7115 pissoffbakaburi

pissoffbakaburi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Anyone that already has a Wii U know if Nintendo has released that update yet for the online?

I have been trying to update since Friday - still nothing as of 5 minutes ago. It is not so bad though - just no miiverse/ shop channel. Everything else works perfect.

#7116 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Im somewhat amused that Wal-marts incompetence is working in our favor for once, lol.

I'm gonna go try to pick mine up early in a little bit. If nobody is at the layaway counter I'll try to find the most confused employee I can find lol.

#7117 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'll try to find the most confused employee I can find lol.

isn't that any walmart employee? LOL ;)

#7118 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Any chance of me getting one of these at midnight without a preorder?

#7119 TheNeck

TheNeck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Any chance of me getting one of these at midnight without a preorder?

depending on where you live, but i think so. at least that is what im hoping myself

just have to call around, and find out which store has the most extra units after preorders.

#7120 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Argh! Just got off the phone with gamestop to find out what was going on with my online order. Turna out their address verification system rejected my card. It is weird because the preauthorization went through fine and my address was correct. However, we added my middle initial and the 4 digit zip code extension and the guy put in a request to process again. Fingers crossed! Bothers me that they did not attempt to contact me about it, though. No email or anything

I also had an issue with gamestop.com saying that had a problem authorizing my credit card. Called the credit card company and they said there was no reason that the transaction would be rejected. I ended up contacting Gamestop after that, asked them to try again and day or two later the transaction was completed. Hopefully things end getting resolved for you.

#7121 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Best Buy has my Wii U and NSMBU listed as ready for pickup! I have church until noon, so I'll stroll in afterward tomorrow when all the craziness has subsided. Awesome.

#7122 jjgator

jjgator

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

This sucks, I ordered a Deluxe from Walmart.com and it still says processing, will arrive 11/20. It probably should have shipped by now since others have. I ordered it on 9/16.

#7123 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Ok anyone who bought Zombie U don't open it! It's awful watch this review and return it unopened!

Truly awful. Glad I bought at Walmart, it's a bundle but everything was full retail, so no reason they won't take it back 67.94 after tax and shipping its going back.
Posted Image

#7124 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

The amount of rage and hatred I have towards Target.com cannot be expressed in words.

#7125 Holic

Holic

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Does anyone have the DPCI of the 2 consoles by chance?

#7126 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Ok anyone who bought Zombie U don't open it! It's awful watch this review and reurn it unopened!

Truly awful. Glad I bought at Walmart, it's a bundle but everything was full retail, so no reason they won't take it back 67.94 after tax and shipping its going back.

So you're basing your purchase off one dumbass review? Talk about lack of conviction and independent thinking. Please return your copy so someone who has a back bone can enjoy it.

#7127 NoMeDigas

NoMeDigas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

I am in Washington and my order also states checking in store availability. I am not worried yet. Still early.

I'm in Oregon and mine is ready for pickup.

#7128 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

The guy found a way to work around one of the main ideas of the game (getting your stuff back from your old character) by playing the game in a boring way. Wow...

#7129 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

They had my credit on hold since my order date. Target is just another shit business where they will reject the honor of first come first serve in order to sell these bundles at a premium, and fulfill those orders. Also, floor manager hung up on me after hearing what i had to say. He didn't even respond .

Believe me, I'm not trying to defend them in any way at all. I was just trying to figure out why they would cancel only some of the original preorders and how they decided which ones to cancel.

#7130 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

So you're basing your purchase off one dumbass review? Talk about lack of conviction and independent thinking. Please return your copy so someone who has a back bone can enjoy it.

If you watched the review ... Thats all I can say. Not worth 70 dollars.
Posted Image

#7131 mustbepbs

mustbepbs

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

If you watched the review ... Thats all I can say. Not worth 70 dollars.

I see you've made my point for me. Well done.

#7132 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

No contact yet from Best Buy. I preordered there with $5 down and I am worried I am may not get one. :( Fry's already screwed me so I may be Wii U less after prordering 2 of em.

#7133 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Gamespot is prob the worst place for reviews. They seem to just enjoy trashing everything that comes out.

And why did you pay 70 for a 60 dollar game?

#7134 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Got my pickup notice from bestbuy but it says wait and pick it up tomorrow.I placed the instore pickup order the first day it was available. :)

#7135 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I got the email from my bestbuy at 8 a.m. dismorning. 19 1/2 more hours!!!!

#7136 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

ugh, come on kmart. still processing.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#7137 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Ok anyone who bought Zombie U don't open it! It's awful watch this review and return it unopened!

According to this article, the Nintendo magazine rated ZombiU 92, better than NSMWIIU.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=500097

#7138 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

lol, GameSpot.

#7139 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Anyone have the word on what to do for best buy in store preorders?

My $5 down doesn't instill a tremendous amount of confidence in them setting my unit aside. Plus, they never pulled my BO2 Hardened Edition online in-store pickup order and I almost missed out on that, so their recent track record for my store is less than stellar.

Just not feeling like camping out.

I did the same thing $5 down and preordered in store. No contact yet and I am not confident BB will hold it. Doubt I will be able to sleep tonight.

#7140 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm in Oregon and mine is ready for pickup.

Mine states that as well. I was thinking of calling and seeing if I can snag it today. Doubt it, but worth a shot.