The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7141 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Gamespot is prob the worst place for reviews. They seem to just enjoy trashing everything that comes out.

And why did you pay 70 for a 60 dollar game?

It's called Tax and shipping but I'm returning it thank you Walmart. Rather have a game I want. maybe even two with TRU deal.
Posted Image

#7142 Alucard400

Alucard400

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

For those who got their Best Buy in-store pickup notices for the system, are you in the east coast? I am in the west coast and ordered one online within minutes of going live and nothing yet. Order says checking store for availability. Should I be worried?

I am here in Duarte, CA near pasadena and waiting for best buy to open. The status of my order waslike yours last night but changed to ''ready to pick up'' just around 7am. I didnt get an email notice yet but see the status on bestbuy.com

#7143 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Guys, if you pre-ordered at Walmart remember that maybe you can pick it up RIGHT NOW as some people have done already since yesterday. Well that's what I read, just saying, good luck! (:

#7144 riotheart

riotheart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

It's called Tax and shipping but I'm returning it thank you Walmart. Rather have a game I want. maybe even two with TRU deal.

Since when do they return the shipping?

#7145 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Random question to those that picked up the system early:

Is there a Club Nintendo code inside?

#7146 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just talked to the electronics manager at my Wal-mart, who coincidentally was in the process of sorting the preorders from the excess and guaranteed that I would have a preorder unit waiting for me at 12:01. He said I did not have to wait in line for it and could just walk in and get it, but the accessories and games were first come/ first serve. I neglected to ask how many they had but judging by what he said it was quite a few.

#7147 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Just spoke with both places I had a preorder at:

GameStop at Village Crossing in Niles, IL is opening at regular time tomorrow, nothing special (10am)
Wal-Mart on Golf in Niles will sell their consoles at midnight, including the ones in layaway.

Both said they had enough to fulfill all of their preorders.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7148 dallow

dallow

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

From GAF:

LMAO Best Buy just called me and wanted to know if I would bring back the console for a $25 best buy gift card.

I said No.

#7149 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

From GAF:

Since it's less than a 24 hour difference at this point, I'd take it back as long as I would be getting it again tomorrow. Free $25! I might have pushed for a free game instead though.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7150 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Random question to those that picked up the system early:

Is there a Club Nintendo code inside?

They don't usually have codes with consoles and handhelds. You would register those on Club Nintendo with the serial number.

#7151 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

The manager at my Best Buy just told my girlfriend that all preorders have officially been pulled and that I can show up whenever I'd like to get it. She advised a little after 10AM so that I don't get confused with the Black Friday line that has now wrapped around the corner of the building.

#7152 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I did the same thing $5 down and preordered in store. No contact yet and I am not confident BB will hold it. Doubt I will be able to sleep tonight.

If you pre-ordered IN STORE with the $5 down, I don't think Best Buy will notify you that your item is ready for pick up. That's only for people who ordered online with in-store pickup. They will just put your console aside at CS and you go in and pick it up within 5 days of release.

At least that's how it SHOULD work.

th_w03j81.gif  

#7153 rckola911

rckola911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Image

Plenty for all

#7154 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

The manager at my Best Buy just told my girlfriend that all preorders have officially been pulled and that I can show up whenever I'd like to get it. She advised a little after 10AM so that I don't get confused with the Black Friday line that has now wrapped around the corner of the building.

Wow!! There's people lining up for Black Friday sales already?!

#7155 dallow

dallow

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

They don't usually have codes with consoles and handhelds. You would register those on Club Nintendo with the serial number.

With my DS XL I had to register both the serial and a separate CN code.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#7156 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Paid mine off at Gamestop today. No midnight opening, though. Have to wait until 11 am tomorrow. No big deal. I have to work tonight and rearrange my entertainment center to accommodate my new console baby.

Now Playing:  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (26) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :ps4: Transistor

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#7157 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Ah, good call. Thanks.

#7158 outsider

outsider

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Walmart denied me till tomorrow 9am even though they are 24 hours. I know they have to have them but said no to midnight pickup too.

#7159 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Wow!! There's people lining up for Black Friday sales already?!

Yeah. I live near Los Angeles and all three of my usual BB's already have lines for BF. Tents and everything. Its a bit wet out right now too and they're still there. Last year it started on the Tuesday before, so I bet these are people that missed out then.

#7160 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Walmart denied me till tomorrow 9am even though they are 24 hours. I know they have to have them but said no to midnight pickup too.

What? Their own advertisement said that you could pick it up at 12:01!! I would ream managment's ass!!

#7161 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

What the hell? People are really going to miss Thanksgiving time with family to get a cheap laptop/tv/whatever else.

#7162 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Does anyone know any good launch games,. I was surprised for a launch month my game informer had no reviews of launch titles?

#7163 steve_dave

steve_dave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

What the hell? People are really going to miss Thanksgiving time with family to get a cheap laptop/tv/whatever else.

I thought the black Friday deals were pretty bad, too.

#7164 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

According to this article, the Nintendo magazine rated ZombiU 92, better than NSMWIIU.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=500097

Wow, the Official Nintendo Magazine actually rated a Nintendo game that high? What a surprise! :roll:

#7165 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Got email from bestbuy good to go.
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#7166 Alucard400

Alucard400

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I am here in Duarte, CA near pasadena and waiting for best buy to open. The status of my order waslike yours last night but changed to ''ready to pick up'' just around 7am. I didnt get an email notice yet but see the status on bestbuy.com

Got shot down trying to pick up LOL. I even showed the actual status on bestbuy.co m saying ready for pickup. Lady was courteous(and hot!) Sayingntheyd get charged for giving an item to a customer that isnt released until tomorrow. Haha. No biggy. I just have to come back tomorrow morning. Ill go home and watch my blu ray copy of the dark knight returns

Edited by Alucard400, 17 November 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#7167 outsider

outsider

What? Their own advertisement said that you could pick it up at 12:01!! I would ream managment's ass!!

I might have to find the the ad and take it.

#7168 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

There really only has been 2 new games that have a decent number of reviews for them. Mario and Nintendo Land have been getting good reviews. And you could look at the 3rd party game reviews for the ps3/360 for the ones that have them. The Wii U version could be a rushed port though.

I already have Assassin's Creed 3 since I believe Ubisoft when they said it won't be missing anything from the other versions.

#7169 TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

So, I have one of those $5 Target pre-order cards, but for the basic model. Chances of walking in at store open tomorrow and getting a Deluxe instead?

#7170 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

so, i have one of those $5 target pre-order cards, but for the basic model. Chances of walking in at store open tomorrow and getting a deluxe instead?