The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7201 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Got the Kmart email also. Time to cancel this shit. Also FYE called me and said they have a deluxe console for me. :bouncy:

#7202 polyh3dron

polyh3dron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

I also got the KMart delayed email. A big ol' Shaq-Fu to that establishment.

Good thing I jumped on that Newegg bundle.

#7203 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Kmart email for me as well. Still hoping it comes through for tomorrow since street date hasn't actually happened yet. I hate how pre-order this thing everywhere and I haven't secured one. Target totally F'ED me. Kmart is up in the air. I have walmart Mario Wii u coming in somehow today, but still no update on system. Everything a mess.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#7204 Edwin29

Edwin29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

People can say all they want but GameStop seems to be one the best places handling the Wii U preorder madness "so far", Just got the phone call confirming my system is ready for pickup tomorrow and now they're offering 30% extra for trade-ins toward the Wii U

#7205 stonciddta

stonciddta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Bestbuy.com show my order ready for pick-up, but no email yet. I did get a text that is ready for pick-up during store hours. I am not wasting a trip to even try and pick-up one day early.

Also, stop by TRU today and no WiiU games are out or will be sold for the sale.

#7206 247

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

People can say all they want but GameStop seems to be one the best places handling the Wii U preorder madness "so far", Just got the phone call confirming my system is ready for pickup tomorrow and now they're offering 30% extra for trade-ins toward the Wii U

This. I'm not even worried about my GS per order.

#7207 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Is it true the US is getting less than 1 million Wii U's? If true then why bother launching? Seems like they should have started producing hardware earlier.

Edited by Blaster man, 17 November 2012 - 08:01 PM.

#7208 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hmm.. do I have to call Kmart to cancel my order? FFFFFFFFFUUUU

#7209 polyh3dron

polyh3dron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hmm.. do I have to call Kmart to cancel my order? FFFFFFFFFUUUU

That's what I had to do, it was a relatively painless affair though.

#7210 Fuzzy Man Peach

Fuzzy Man Peach

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I also got the KMart delayed email. A big ol' Shaq-Fu to that establishment.

Good thing I jumped on that Newegg bundle.

I had a gut feeling this was going to happen. Even though I got the confirmation email, I felt something was amiss since my order was still "processing." Like you, I fortunately grabbed myself a Newegg bundle. Still says it's "packaging," but I suppose that's to be expected given that it's the weekend.

#7211 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Did anyone get a text message from gamestop about a 30%bonus trade in credit toward a WiiU.

#7212 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

I also received the aforementioned Kmart email.

And you know what, that works for me. I don't need it day one as long as I know my name is on one, and I'll likely be getting by year's end, if not month's end, even.

Saves me from having to wake up early tomorrow.

#7213 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

thinking about cancelling my newegg pre-order for nsmbu and getting that b1g1 40% off tomorrow instead (nsmbu + scribblenauts unlimited). i wish i would have jumped on the scribblenauts as part of that newegg deal, but i missed it. i think it will kind of even out though.

Auen1.png?7125

#7214 Eggplant_Wizard

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Did anyone get a text message from gamestop about a 30%bonus trade in credit toward a WiiU.

Yes.

#7215 Edwin29

Edwin29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

I got the phone call confirming that

#7216 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

No email yet from Best Buy, but account page shows its sitting at the store with my name on it waiting for tomorrow morning at 11am.

#7217 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

I had a gut feeling this was going to happen. Even though I got the confirmation email, I felt something was amiss since my order was still "processing." Like you, I fortunately grabbed myself a Newegg bundle. Still says it's "packaging," but I suppose that's to be expected given that it's the weekend.

I also jumped on the Newegg bundle. Now I have too many Wii U consoles LOL.. sorry to those who are still having a problem securing a console. :cry:

#7218 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Also, stop by TRU today and no WiiU games are out or will be sold for the sale.

You mean at your ToysRUs they aren't selling any 49.99 and under Wii U games for the B1G1 40 percent off today?

#7219 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Is it true the US is getting less than 1 million of Wii U's? If true then why bother launching? Seems like they shod have started producing hardware earlier.

Yes, they shouldn't have bothered launching at all. :roll:

#7220 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

I also jumped on the Newegg bundle. Now I have too many Wii U consoles LOL.. sorry to those who are still having a problem securing a console. :cry:

If you're really sorry you can send one my way. :)

#7221 Chin35char

Chin35char

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

I think the best bet for people that didn't pre-order it or pre-ordered and got delayed/cancelled like me is to go to Kmart in the morning. I just called and they said it will be first come, first serve for the consoles in the morning. I'll be waking up at 7:30 and driving over since they open at 8.

#7222 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

For anyone thinking about going to the best buy in Burbank, CA they already have ten people standing outside for midnight, and claim to have no idea how many systems they received .

#7223 timbowman1

timbowman1

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

first come first serve. come take the people that preordered's consoles.... lol

#7224 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

My Wii U shows that it is ready for in store pickup at my local Best Buy. Looks like I will get one after all.

#7225 Chin35char

Chin35char

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

first come first serve. come take the people that preordered's consoles.... lol

They said they didn't have any pre-orders. Which is weird because I pre-ordered it from there and mine is delayed, but w/e. I worked there for two years, I know they will have a bunch to sell.

#7226 timbowman1

timbowman1

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

They said they didn't have any pre-orders. Which is weird because I pre-ordered it from there and mine is delayed, but w/e. I worked there for two years, I know they will have a bunch to sell.

do you think there is any action I can take to get one of those consoles reserved because I preordered it at that specific store?

#7227 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

I'm so POed about not having a midnight launch. I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight!

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#7228 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Amazon has plenty of WiiUes available.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#7229 ScubaCat

ScubaCat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

do you think there is any action I can take to get one of those consoles reserved because I preordered it at that specific store?

My best buy did the midnight 360 launch. They had a bunch at midnight and then another allocation for regular opening in the morning. You may be allocate one for the morning. I doubt you wouldn't get one if you preordered (although I never put anything past best buy anymore)

#7230 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

i hope toy r us isn't going to have their heads up their ass again. they've had "unintentional" misprints in their adds before. i'd be pissed if i went tomorrow and they said it's b2g1 40% off.

Auen1.png?7125