Photo
- - - - -

The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7441 The Questyen

The Questyen

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Got my gamestop call for tomorrow also. They're opening at 9.

Now Playing: Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) / Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Recently Finished: Cate West: The Vanishing Files (Wii) C / Klonoa (Wii) B- / Velocity 2X (PS4) A- 

#7442 ebay33

ebay33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

Question: I will be using the 3x point bonus for my Wii U and games at Best Buy tomorrow morning, but it says that the bonus does not work for purchases paid for with RZ Certificates or Gift Cards...

http://m.bestbuy.com...rz-6510173.html

I will only be using about $200 worth of certificates and gift cards for my transaction, leaving a balance of well over $300 left. Will I not get 3x points on the remaining $300+ I actually pay for if I use anything at all to bring down the price? That seems rather lame, if so.

Thanks!

Yes, you'll get triple points on the non-certificate/gift card portion of the order. I have used that coupon already with some rz certs and it has posted correctly to my rz account.

#7443 tava84

tava84

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:25 AM

I plan on being one of those guys complaining when i return home empty handed around 1AM.
I will then be in a greater rage when i return home around 11AM from the other stores with no Wii U in hand. LOL

#7444 vtswordfish

vtswordfish

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

When was Lego City delayed until? is it march or December?

#7445 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

When was Lego City delayed until? is it march or December?

It was?

Rayman was.

#7446 mindatlarge

mindatlarge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

The two Walmarts and one K-Mart in my area are getting in very limited supplies of the Wii u. Out of the 3, the most was a Walmart with 12 for preorder and 8 available for sale.

There was an obscene amount of regular Wiis at all three. Wouldn't doubt that the big N is shipping a ton of regular Wiis out to move stock.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 2 (PS2) / On Preorder: Ni no Kuni (PS3)
myndatlarge.png card.png mindatlarge.png?7190

#7447 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Should I preorder the Pro Controller or just snag one tomorrow?

I would just snag one tomorrow, or you could probably even buy one today if you had the time. I went by my Gamestop and they had plenty out on the wall already, in black or white.

#7448 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

Is there any way to change the store pickup person for a preorder? I'm having problems with my leg and I'm supposed to stay off it this weekend so I was going to have someone else pickup my Wii U for me, but I can't find a way to change the person even though I've added them as an authorized pickup person on my account.

If this is Best Buy try calling CS first.

#7449 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

I can't pick up my Walmart layaway unit until 5pm tomorrow.. think there's gonna be a problem with that? I'm gonna be super pissed if they accidentally sell my shit.

#7450 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

I would just snag one tomorrow, or you could probably even buy one today if you had the time. I went by my Gamestop and they had plenty out on the wall already, in black or white.

i have a couple coming in from newegg (whenever newegg decides to ship them). would it be possible to purchase at a b&m then return the ones i get from newegg?

Auen1.png?7125

#7451 Tiako

Tiako

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

I have a feeling in a week or two these will be easy to get.

Not if walmart extended return policy applies to Wii U's :)

#7452 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

After hearing about the Pro Controller shortage (seeing as my newegg order doesn't look good) I made a quick audible just now and ran to gamestop to pre-order a black and white controller. Saved!

#7453 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

I can't pick up my Walmart layaway unit until 5pm tomorrow.. think there's gonna be a problem with that? I'm gonna be super pissed if they accidentally sell my shit.

If they go according to policy, they're supposed to hold lawaway items until December 14th, so you should be fine as long as the employees at that store know what they're doing.

#7454 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

I didn't really look into this once I found out the Wii U was basically a 360 with a big tablet controller but now I am thinking I kind of want one, so Wal Mart let you pre-order it? What about Target? There is a 24 hour Target in my town and a few 24 hour Wal Marts so I might troll around looking for one.

Walmart let you "pre-order" by using lawaway, but that ended Nov. 1st and Target had cards in the video games section that let you reserve a system, most of which are likely gone by now.

#7455 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

I bought the $409 Deluxe NSMBU bundle from Target online and paid $33.45 for the 1 day shipping with a delivery estimate of the 18th. That date slipped to the 19, which is understandable because UPS doesn't deliver on Sunday, but now my delivery estimate says the 26th. I have a feeling I'll be on the phone trying to get a hold of someone to refund my shipping charges soon :(

#7456 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

I can get a basic guaranteed if I hang out at Walmart till midnight but there is a SLIGHT chance to get a premium if someone doesn't show up (my local store has a paper list of interested people on a first come first serve basis). I wish I checked into that earlier.

Are any of you getting the basi model? The deluxe just seems lie a MUCH better value :(

#7457 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

Basic is a rip off compared to the deluxe

#7458 OrigamiDrill

OrigamiDrill

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

I can get a basic guaranteed if I hang out at Walmart till midnight but there is a SLIGHT chance to get a premium if someone doesn't show up (my local store has a paper list of interested people on a first come first serve basis). I wish I checked into that earlier.

Are any of you getting the basi model? The deluxe just seems lie a MUCH better value :(

Pretty much the same boat. I have a preorder card for the Basic, but I'm hoping to get a Deluxe. I won't mind too much either way, though.

#7459 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

Anyone get a shipping confirmation email from the Newegg Deluxe Bundle that went on sale yesterday? Mine is still at Packaging.

#7460 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

not sure if anyone has a shopko in their area or not but the one i work at we got in total of 15 systems for launch tommow

#7461 SearchX

SearchX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

I had made the mistake of paying off my layaway a few days ago but the staff there were nice enough to set my system aside. I stopped by the layaway desk today and sure enough, they remembered me. I've got 2 deluxe systems waiting for me!

#7462 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

Well Fuck it. I'm outside target. Only five of us so far, and I'm really regretting not bringing a blanket. At least I'm bundled like an Eskimo.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#7463 OrigamiDrill

OrigamiDrill

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Well Fuck it. I'm outside target. Only five of us so far, and I'm really regretting not bringing a blanket. At least I'm bundled like an Eskimo.

There's already five?! I had a similar game plan (my Target opens at 8 AM), and I wasn't planning on heading over til midnight.

#7464 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Just FYI. Every console launch I sign up for gameflys current trial. Now it's 15.95 for first 2 months. I paid and already canceled. For two months ill be trying and playing a lot of wii u games. I'm only buying Mario U at this point. This plan worked great for wii back in the day. And now gamefly has a center really close to me so should be even better!

gamefly has become awful with new games you might have problems getting alot of wii u games. takes me like two months to get new release

#7465 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Why is everyone saying the Wii U Pro Controller is going to be rare? Gamestop.com and Bestbuy.com is showing up for Preorder. I want to place an order online but if its going to be backordered, I want to have a second plan.

#7466 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

So results from that Wal-Mart trick on SlickDeals are mixed, and I really think there's like a 50/50 shot that this is going to work.

Since I already cancelled my KMart order, if this doesn't go through I guess I'm just gonna take a deep breath and move on with my life for now. My own stupidity doing me in again.

#7467 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

I need to figure out another name to sign up for the trial. ive run out of emails to use for gamefly :(

Ive used my first name, middle name, nickname, wife's name. daugthers name.

just keep using your name they don't care all they do is look at email i have done for years when i want to get cheap month or two

#7468 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

If they go according to policy, they're supposed to hold lawaway items until December 14th, so you should be fine as long as the employees at that store know what they're doing.

since when does a store follow their policy

#7469 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

So results from that Wal-Mart trick on SlickDeals are mixed, and I really think there's like a 50/50 shot that this is going to work.

Since I already cancelled my KMart order, if this doesn't go through I guess I'm just gonna take a deep breath and move on with my life for now. My own stupidity doing me in again.

I got an order in and called the store to see if they'd set mine aside and he said he would. Here's hoping. Headed out shortly to see if they'll honor it.

#7470 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Just curious anybody going to the BBY midnight release in Riverside or Canyon Springs?