The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7561 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Any clue as to when Best Buy or Wal-Mart will have the deluxe console available online for in-store pickup?

#7562 geicos27

geicos27

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

can anyone confirm that k-mart is carrying the deluxe wii u's.

They will.
Posted Image

#7563 ytsejames

ytsejames

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

Went to Best Buy, about 20 people in line. Everyone wanted the 32GB model, and they had a ton of extra 8GB ones left after the people in line got their tickets. The guy before me got the last 32GB, so I left. There was only one person behind me in line. Plenty to go around.

#7564 shrinky215

shrinky215

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

I think you mean shuffle ware.

Theres a shuffleboard Wii u game??

#7565 no_to_co

no_to_co

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Wow. Congrats.

They really should put limit 1 per costumer unless you pre ordered.

Non pre orders limit 1 per person

It was a couple, so they could have gotten 2.

#7566 nachosgrande

nachosgrande

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Well......Looks like the Best Buy in Dover, DE had extras for those of us who weren't able to land a pre order! Got in line at 11:50pm, left with my Wii U 15 minutes later!Posted Image

#7567 Pheee

Pheee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

Well......Looks like the Best Buy in Dover, DE had extras for those of us who weren't able to land a pre order! Got in line at 11:50pm, left with my Wii U 15 minutes later!Posted Image

Thats what I would do, however the 2 best buys in my state that are opening midnight are far away :(

Congrats.

#7568 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

I don't know why I keep looking at this thread, all these pictures and people that already have theirs makes me sad, I have to wait a little over 10 hours still! (and I'll be awake for all them anyways :(...)
Posted Image

#7569 cold_young_thug

cold_young_thug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

GOT MY WIIU!! I'm so excited!!!! ahhhhghghghhghhh!!!!!

#7570 tears2040

tears2040

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Can you buy these online now?

#7571 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

i set my wii u aside before i left work tonight lol will buy it after work tommow.

#7572 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

Got an email stating my online pick up for Best Buy will be ready tomorrow. I wish my store was doing a midnight opening but I can wait another day. Good luck to those still looking! Hopefully you will be able to snag some of the extra stock some stores seem to have

523546.png

#7573 Kitzko

Kitzko

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Any word from people with preorders from TRU? I see that some stores have hours up to 12am today (saturday pst) but I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

#7574 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

Got my console from Walmart no issues :-)

Now the stupid 2 hour online update begins..

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#7575 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

got an email stating my online pick up for best buy will be ready tomorrow. I wish my store was doing a midnight opening but i can wait another day. Good luck to those still looking! Hopefully you will be able to snag some of the extra stock some stores seem to have

+1 :)

#7576 rayfrombk

rayfrombk

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Mission accomplished. My bundles of joy are home. :)

My Walmart sold 60 preorders and had 3 black and 4 white consoles available for walk ins.

Do the consoles really have your name attached to them? I am getting really worried for some reason because I can't pick it up until later today.

#7577 MrWazeleski

MrWazeleski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Yeah him and his wife were allowed to purchase one each and there were only eight of us there to buy consoles. The Walmart manager kept keeping count throughout the evening of who was buying one and who was just hanging out waiting with someone (like my gf) and the elder couple had kept saying there were only getting one until we lined up by the registers. At least the older couple walked away with one deluxe console and I got one too!
Posted Image

#7578 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

OH MY GOD! I am truly the luckiest Goomba ever...I went to Wal-Mart without a preorder only to be told that there were 7 deluxe and 4 basic models and that I was on the list as the first basic model, but that I could wait to see if some of the deluxe holders didn't show up. I waited in the store 3+ hours and then they told us that in fact they only had 3 deluxe and 4 basics for non-layaway / preorders. I was #7 in the list now meaning I could still get a basic, but the three deluxes were spoken for. The first one went to a 65+ year old grandmother who got it for her 11-year-old grandson and she waited in the store for over 6 hours (true grandmother of the century there). The #2 and #3 people left the store and the 2nd deluxe went to a younger couple. The last deluxe was taken but it turned out the guy didn't bring enough money (or his card didn't have enough or something). They gave him 15 minutes to figure it out (which turned into 30, since the Wal-Mart people felt bad for him). Turns out he didn't have enough, so with the rest of the people leaving the store I got the very last deluxe! I felt really bad for him standing there, but I couldn't exactly give him money out of my pocket to take the last system and the people behind me were whispering about flipping it, so I did the right thing I think and am keeping it to keep it.

Some tips for those of you who are looking to get from Wal-Mart:

* They used a paper list which they stuck to pretty strictly. Anyone who didn't add their name to the list earlier in the day was bypassed completely.
* They had a lot less systems than they said they did initially because they lumped in layaways with their totals (big mistake there on their part).
* There were several games in stock at the register but mostly for pre-orders. Only Just Dance 4 and the other Sing Karaoke game were available along with Epic Mickey 2.
* None of the workers outside of the electronics area had ANY idea what the Wii-U was, so don't waste time asking cashiers and what not.
* Make sure you account for sales tax! A couple people were literally counting out pennies to make up for that and ended up just barely making it even for the basic models.

Good luck guys and enjoy. I'm literally shaking with excitement right now!

#7579 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Oh and we had a "couple" of friends that each got one of the basic systems. There were about 15+ people in line that ended up with nothing though. Something tells me this system is going to be ridiculously popular this holiday season. I'm just thankful it came out BEFORE Black Friday. If I wasn't so excited for the system I'd definitely consider selling it as I know there will be a market for it, but I don't think any sum of money will trump owning a new Nintendo console on launch day.

#7580 Fades

Fades

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Alright time to head out to our local Best Buy to pick up our pre order, seeing all these posts and now I am even more excited. Have fun everyone who will be playing I know I will be up late for sure :)

#7581 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Well I got hosed waited three hours was told they had my system. Guy came out and told the crowd they only had one deluxe left and so I asked if they had mine. Different guy took me back and found the order and said it was good. Came back out and said it was cancelled but would give me the last deluxe. Then the manager came out and harassed me, said he wouldn't honor it and told me to leave.

No one was at my target so ill go check it around 6.

that's not cool. you need to talk to his supervisor.
Posted Image

#7582 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

my friend is waiting at bestbuy with only 7 people in line and it's midnight and they have over 40 non preorder delux tickets he was told.

#7583 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

Got an email stating my online pick up for Best Buy will be ready tomorrow. I wish my store was doing a midnight opening but I can wait another day. Good luck to those still looking! Hopefully you will be able to snag some of the extra stock some stores seem to have

Got the same email just now. Totally forgot I preorder one, been busying playing halo and black ops. Go

#7584 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

My toysrus.com order jusst changed to item located in stock. Looking good...not that I can afford this. Shows an estimated delivery of Nov 21 - 27th.

Also got an order confirmation email.

Edited by ShockandAww, 18 November 2012 - 06:11 AM.

#7585 stevieraveon

stevieraveon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

Went to Walmart without a preorder and got the last deluxe version. Lady said they had 18 preorders and then got 8 extra of the deluxe version. They still have the basic/white version available if you are near the Belmont, NC Walmart. Thought they had them in the electronics dept but they are actually at Customer Service/Layaway at the back of the store.

#7586 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

I lost a lot of faith in Target though. My store claims they only have two or three that are non-preorders, all basic and they aren't handing out tickets to people in line. I love that store and wanted the Red Card 5% discount but the guy literally told me to try Wal-Mart across the street. He said there will be a lot of disappointed people tomorrow =P. In the future I hope these stores will get better with their preorder systems.

#7587 JediKiller24

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

Got my Walmart lay away preorder with no problems. Only one other person in line with me at midnight. Was told they had 14 preorders and 4 extras but there was no one there looking to buy.

#7588 Pheee

Pheee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

Target.com find a store system came online, showing delux in stock all around me, but open tomorrow 8am, no 24 hours :(

#7589 Pheee

Pheee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Got my Walmart lay away preorder with no problems. Only one other person in line with me at midnight. Was told they had 14 preorders and 4 extras but there was no one there looking to buy.

Thats what I am hoping with my store, its 11:03pm I should get out soon.

#7590 GoodbyeSoberDay

GoodbyeSoberDay

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Just got back from Wal-Mart. They only took 3 preorders. Other than that, they only got in FOUR basics and NO deluxes. Some of the people lined up at layaway were pissed. I waited until they left, paid for my preorder, snagged a Pro Controller, and got the hell out of Dodge before the pissed parties showed back up for revenge.