Photo
- - - - -

The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8921 replies to this topic

#7801 fazzle

fazzle

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Only place I was able to find Wii Us was at KMart, had a bunch of basic but no deluxes, so I passed

#7802 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

this question probably only exists because im on 2 hours of sleep, but where the heck is the club nintendo card?

or is it just the system registration that awards the points and there is no actual cn card?

For a console, you just register the serial.

#7803 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Why not? It is an ad, so they should right?

Because it's a bundle deal and BBY doesn't PM bundle deals. This is YMMV though, and some managers will do it.

#7804 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Only place I was able to find Wii Us was at KMart, had a bunch of basic but no deluxes, so I passed

thats so weird. they only had the basic models advertised in their flyer this week.. maybe all of their deluxe models were sent to sears where prices are higher

thanks!

#7805 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

I wish I had a Deluxe since that's the one I really wanted, not sure if I'll keep my Basic Set now.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#7806 Justamom

Justamom

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

My Target had about 10 deluxe models and six basics- all for preorders only.

#7807 Armoredx

Armoredx

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Not true. They actually want you to register your console by going through the registration system via Wii U. I checked.

#7808 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

weird.. the update was running for about 30 minutes, and when i went back and looked at the progress it was only at 20%. then literally 2 minutes later its up to 61%

#7809 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

My Target experience was painless. Glad I did the pre-order at a Target that doesn't have much traffic. I was surprised that they were handing out tickets and still had some when I got there at 7:55 (I think they handed out 5 tickets...15 consoles for a slow store isn't bad). They had the pre-order ones behind the counter as promised. No receipt required, as there shouldn't be (the card says nothing about having a receipt). I dunno what's up with you guys and your Target's requiring a receipt.

Other notable sales: TMNT Blu-Ray trilogy for $9.99 and Super Man I, II (Richard Donner Cut), and Super Man Returns combined on Blu-Ray for $9.99. Sweet!

Also, as I'm setting this thing up, my unit came with two scratches on the side. Also, the default language was Spanish. Weird...whatever, the scratches were on the bottom and I actually prefer that this thing lays down. Slides right underneath the TV.

Actually, they should require a receipt. Its the only thing that shows the store's number and address and the fact that it was indeed purchased there. Someone who preordered correctly could get screwed out of their preorder if someone who got a card in another store comes in and takes it. Not very fair.

#7810 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Got ZombiU and Mario from Toys R Us......I told my NewEgg order of ZombiU to cancel earlier and now it looks like they shipped it anyway, does anyone know how easy it is to return a game to them?

659629.png?68329996

#7811 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

this thread has been all kinds of lulz with these preorder stories thanks for not dissappointing.

well i got mine at gamestop(yay midnight release)....now just need those newegg games to get here...

well after a marathon update and having to reset my password because it wouldnt take my password for some reason it kept saying it was invalid. i tried wii to wii u system transfer and that wont work. gets to 68% and crashes. im not sure if its certain files or what? as ive deleted some files of old games i dont own anymore that it stopped on at 68% it seems to help it go faster but it still locks out and says system access memory error

anyone else have this issue?

as i'd really love to retire the wii.

#7812 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Got ZombiU and Mario from Toys R Us......I told my NewEgg order of ZombiU to cancel earlier and now it looks like they shipped it anyway, does anyone know how easy it is to return a game to them?

Zombie U is trash, rethink your purchase

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#7813 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

You can't return games to newegg. I've tried to before.

#7814 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Just return the sealed copy of Zombie U from newegg to TRU.

#7815 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

I watched an 18 minute gameplay video of it and it looked pretty cool.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#7816 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Anyone get a club nintendo code with nintendoland? from deluxe edition

#7817 Alucard400

Alucard400

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I can't wait to pick up mine in a little over 3 hours!! I am enjoying the stories so far, but mostly ones that barely got their console. Congrats in getting one and good luck to the rest who are scouring to OWN one!!

#7818 ncblue222

ncblue222

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Walked into Target at 8am and walked out with a deluxe 5 minutes later. No one wants the basic version.

#7819 rohitman

rohitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

These Target stories are looking pretty good. I was afraid I'd have to go early even though I have a preorder card. Now I can enjoy my coffee and head out in about 30mins. :)

#7820 metsfan1545d

metsfan1545d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

i had to hunt down mario because only one toyrus got it within like 50 miles of my home

the bogo 40% off is the best deal going for games

#7821 grumpier

grumpier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Anyone else who ordered from gamestop.com when they check ups status A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Kinda worried hasn't updated I ordered it with 1 day shipping.

My overnight order from Gamestop says this on UPS

Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 11/19/2012, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)
Last Location:
Departed - Louisville, KY, United States, Saturday, 11/17/2012

Maybe you should call?

#7822 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

i had to hunt down mario because only one toyrus got it within like 50 miles of my home

the bogo 40% off is the best deal going for games

It's like a real life version of Mario Chase.

Seriously though, of all the games, how do you not stock Mario?

#7823 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Actually, they should require a receipt. Its the only thing that shows the store's number and address and the fact that it was indeed purchased there. Someone who preordered correctly could get screwed out of their preorder if someone who got a card in another store comes in and takes it. Not very fair.

No, they should design their pre-orders better and have unique barcodes that are red into the system...or have identification numbers on the top and bottom of the pre-sale card that are retained and matched up at the point of purchase. Had the card said "RETAIN RECEIPT" on it, by all means, the receipt should be required. But it didn't and nothing in the store indicated it, so you can't expect people to hold onto a piece of paper no one told them to hold onto. I agree it's kinda crappy that people are probably going to end up picking up their pre-orders at different Targets and messing the system up, but the onus should not be placed on the consumer because corporate screwed the pooch.

In other words, that's why people with pre-sales should have gotten to the store as the doors opened to get any potential issues like this resolved before some flipper with 5 presale cards from different stores shows up to try and claim them all in one fell swoop.

#7824 Nintendo_Hawk

Nintendo_Hawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Got extremely lucky (didnt have a preorder at my local TRU), but thanx to my sis and brother in law who got there super early and were 1st in line, they held my spot, and I got a Deluxe !! Wow, Im grateful !!! They had a poor selection of games tho, so got Mario at Kmart and still need to hunt down Zombi U.

Good luck to everyone else, hoep you all get lucky also !!

#7825 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

I watched the QuickLook of it before and thought it looked decent, plus there's not a lot of other games that I'm getting for the Wii U right now.

You can't return games to newegg. I've tried to before.

This sucks if true :/

Just return the sealed copy of Zombie U from newegg to TRU.

Don't know if that would work with the B1G1 40% off they have right now, the receipt has ZombiU labeled as 35.99 since the discount came off of it.

659629.png?68329996

#7826 Rockym

Rockym

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Got to TRU at 8am this morning and went into the VG dept. There was a pretty long line of walk-ins already with tickets. One of the sales people told me to get in the line even though I had a preorder. I was a bit annoyed but a few minutes later, another salesperson came along and pulled me and a lady who also had a preorder out of line and brought us right up to the counter.

I let the woman go first and helped her pick out what she needed for multiplayer games with the system since she said she didn't have a Wii. She almost got a pro controller but I told her NintendoLand and NSMBU didn't use it and to get the remote and nunchuk combo instead.

Then it was my turn and I got my Deluxe plus NSMBU and Epic Mickey 2 as well as a pro controller even though I couldn't use it right now.

My TRU seemed to have a lot of consoles since there were a lot of people in line that were given tickets and salespeople walking around with more tickets. So check your TRU if you are looking.

#7827 botticus

botticus

Local Target only had enough for preorders. Guess i'll be waiting for my Target.com order to arrive then.

#7828 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

I let the woman go first and helped her pick out what she needed for multiplayer games with the system since she said she didn't have a Wii. She almost got a pro controller but I told her NintendoLand and NSMBU didn't use it and to get the remote and nunchuk combo instead.

Then it was my turn and I got my Deluxe plus NSMBU and Epic Mickey 2 as well as a pro controller even though I couldn't use it right.

The pro controller doesnt work with every wii U game? If so is how do you know which games it works with?

#7829 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

The pro controller doesnt work with every wii U game? If so is how do you know which games it works with?

Says on the back of box :P

#7830 Aejeck

Aejeck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Had success at my target. Got there about 6am. No one else showed up til almost 8. Only 6 people total and we all got deluxe models. They acted like they had probably 6 more of the deluxe and equal number of basic. They didn't sell any pre order cards. This is at San Carlos in fort Myers if anyone is in my area still looking.